Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

I'm Writing A Musical Movie - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I'm Writing A Musical Movie (1488 Views)

Bella Benson: A Nigerian High School Musical Story / A Novel I'm Writing: Love; Trials And Triumphs / Excerpt From A Novel I'm Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Writing A Musical Movie by nanaboi(m): 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2006
Yeah. But I need willing hands to produce it. It's neva been done here u know. I c something big. And it's either going to be great or going to wait till it's ready to be great. Wat d'u think?
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by Damsal(f): 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2006
Do u mean something like asian movies or Grease when you say musical.
And when you say opera do u actually mean hitting high notes or actually creating some flows. Anyway whichever way it sounds interesting i just think you should create music that relates to the potential audience. And by 'here' where on earth do you mean?
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by Remmzy(m): 5:11am On Aug 24, 2006
put more salt into ur post please grin, more explanation.
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by nanaboi(m): 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2006
Musical like good music - wateva u think is good music. Seen "the Fighting Temptations"? I think that's good music. Or "Sister Act" (Part 2 in particular). I think those describe wat I mean by good music. But since I enjoyed the priviledge of being introduced first to classical music, there's bound to be a rub off of that too, u know.
Again, since the target audience is Nigeria, the language of the pieces will conform reasonably too - if u know wat I mean. Styl-Plus' style is not a bad idea; Faze's also.
HOW CLEAR AM I NOW? CRYSTAL? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by iice(f): 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2006
What are you talking about? You want to make a musical in the type of the 'Fighting Temptations' or you want to make a musical in the type of opera like 'Phantom of the Opera'. . .Do you even know your audience? How many percent of Naija movie goers are into musicals?
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by nanaboi(m): 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2006
Hello? Maybe u shud read the title again. I said a musical movie. And last time I checked, Nigerians wud die to see a movie like "the Fighting Temptations". And with most of the music done in both English, Nigerian Pidgin English and a variety of Nigerian languages - u're defining tight already.
Get this picture: It's not a classical music thing. It's just a movie with lots of singing in it. How clear am I this time?
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by iice(f): 4:21pm On Aug 25, 2006
Well its getting clearer by the minute lol guess had to up it b4 i could get a clear picture. Anyhow wish you luck with it and i expire frm this one too. peace
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by Raymand(m): 9:06pm On Aug 26, 2006
Word of advice, if it's not dancehall or a song with fast beats naijerians won't buy it. . .
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by dennylove(m): 9:44pm On Aug 26, 2006
RAYMOND,who told you that,is a lie,what naija prefers now, is R n B
.like ,TUFACE,STYL-PLUS, PAUL DAIRO, OJB.etc
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by Rhema(f): 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2006
Ok. Nanaboi. You need willing hands. Where exactly is this movie being produced? So that the "willing hands" can know how far they have to travel if this is genuine.
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by Radiant(f): 11:29pm On Aug 26, 2006
ummmmm  ermmmm ohhhh yeahhh ummm whatever man, goodluck with whatever u mean by that grin
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by cammax7(m): 10:08am On Aug 27, 2006
willing hands. what exactly do u want these hands for? Script development,the music part of it, production what exactly?

Anyway your idea seems like something I'd like to be part of. Sign me on.
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by eslynera(f): 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2006
Oh happy day, (oh happy day.)
oh happy day, (oh happy day.)
when Jesus was, (when Jesus was.)
when Jesus was, (when Jesus was.) grin

I KNOW It till ther, who can keep on?? grin cheesy tongue
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by Radiant(f): 4:48pm On Aug 27, 2006
Eslynera, don't you think that was totally off point shocked
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by eslynera(f): 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2006
atleast i've , undecided
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by dennylove(m): 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2006
eslynera,who talk say you dey sing off point?no mind them,i love your lyrics,you and R.kelly,i know who sing pass.abeg if you need sponsorer i go sponso ram for you.
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by nanaboi(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2006
The tempo of the songs varry in accordance to their relation to the plot. They xpress the various moods inherent in the movie. So sometimes, u hear jamz; at other times, slowz. But in all, they rock your body - the African way. Or better still, the Nigerian way.

About the "willing hands", I mean a team that can help me deal with production and marketing;they'll also help me site suitable locations and conduct auditions. They have to be experienced in the movie business, or at least have good concepts to contribute. The story is being wrapped up  - by me.

Nigeria is the place. Setting will include a university campus.
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by Rhema(f): 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2006
Nanaboi, thanks for answering my question regarding location. All the best with your production in Nigeria. Sorry, I can't help this time but if you know of anyone producing in Houston, Texas, I can be contacted.

Cheers,
Rhema
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by cheechako(m): 10:09am On Aug 29, 2006
This a cool idea. There are different avenues to take. When you get the cast and crew together, you can try it out with a live audience for maybe a two week-end run. Of course this would take backing also, but, it is good exposure to perspective backers. Invite all you know to the opening night and away you go! I know stage performance is not too big in Nigeria, but why not make it BIG? With a Stage performance you would have program that would list all of your backers in their advert format. In this biz, you have to practically beg, borrow and almost steal to get the show on. As yu know the time it took to write the story, it takes twice the work to hit the pavement to bring the story to life. Keep the dream out of the sales and sell it as the backers benefit ie: Advertisement!!! You will get your show on the road and onto film. Good Luck to yu!
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by nanaboi(m): 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2006
Thanks for those tips. I know it's not at all easy. I'll do what I can - all of it.
Re: I'm Writing A Musical Movie by nanaboi(m): 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2006
Thanks for those tips, Cheechako. I know it's not at all easy. I'll do what I can - all of it.

(1) (Reply)

The 28th House (fiction, Horror And Thriller) / Tears Dropped In My Eyes When I Saw This / Best Website To Download Free Pdf Ebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.