Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? (13351 Views)

Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! / Black American's Making Fun Of Africans? / Proper Greeting For Black American Meeting Boyfriend's Nigerian Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by KB1(m): 10:51pm On Jan 22, 2009
KarmaMod:

*waka* You think say Im like you Kayode, that like men who cant get jobs and have prison records starting from 11 grin

When you sef you're barely Nigerian, why wont they be "delicious" to you. Olodo tongue

There's one bothering me at work, if he doesnt stop I might have to put him up for harrassment. Eranko. *rolls eyes* angry

You're a stereotypical looking Yoruba girl, so I'd doubt if you'd get many offers anyway. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by allboyz(m): 3:48pm On Jan 28, 2009
what is akata?
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by ikeyman00(m): 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2009
it mean daddy
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by SeanT21(f): 8:47pm On Jan 28, 2009
allboyz:

what is akata?

A word that some Nigerians use to describe Black Americans.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by allboyz(m): 9:44pm On Jan 28, 2009
SeanT21:

A word that some Nigerians use to describe Black Americans.

huh tongue
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by MrCrackles(m): 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2009
Yes!
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by ikeyman00(m): 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2009
nope

it means liberian-shorty
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by RichyBlacK(m): 11:32pm On Jan 28, 2009
Yes, and it's been a mixed bag. Simple rules:
1. If she smokes pot, it won't last more than three months.
2. If she has a college degree and no kids, then she's likely to have mental problems.
3. College degree with kids(s), some baby daddy drama.
4. Advanced degree with no kids; they tend to be arrogant and angry.
5. From broken home, college degree and smokes pot; usually very good in bed, but won't last more than 2 months.
6. Broken home, smokes pot, no college degree, has kids - just forget it; she's yours only in the few minutes/hours she's with you.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by Nobody: 1:45am On Jan 29, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Yes, and it's been a mixed bag. Simple rules:
1. If she smokes pot, it won't last more than three months.
2. If she has a college degree and no kids, then she's likely to have mental problems.
3. College degree with kids(s), some baby daddy drama.
4. Advanced degree with no kids; they tend to be arrogant and angry.
5. From broken home, college degree and smokes pot; usually very good in bed, but won't last more than 2 months.
6. Broken home, smokes pot, no college degree, has kids - just forget it; she's yours only in the few minutes/hours she's with you.
Summary. Date akata girls, drama shall be yours.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by girl22(f): 1:19am On Jan 30, 2009
khai_khai:

Summary. Date akata girls, drama shall be yours.

most black american women i know are not like that. maybe its something wrong with you two (richyblack and khai khai).
alot of men complain about they can get this or that. its not the women its them.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 30, 2009
girl22:

most black american women i know are not like that. maybe its something wrong with you two (richyblack and khai khai).
alot of men complain about they can get this or that. its not the women its them.

And you come know this pass the men because you don date women abi??

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by KB1(m): 11:01pm On Jan 30, 2009
khai_khai:

And you come know this pass the men because you don date women abi??

No we know it because we are AA's, Ignoramus.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by KarmaMod(f): 11:03pm On Jan 30, 2009
KB1:

Know we know it because we are AA's, Ignoramus.

Sweet Irony.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by Dede1(m): 5:57am On Jan 31, 2009
One striking difference between African and African-American woman is the perception or lack thereof that the dynamite placed deep between their thighs gives them unparallel position in the relationship. The African women, being in possession of the sheath, think that the world of the relationship must revolve around them. However, some men have decided to shun them because the men are in possession of the sword too.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by slimfine(f): 8:03pm On Jun 13, 2009
never dated an Akata manbut have some as good friends. dont want that whole baby mama drama!
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by KB1(m): 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2009
slimfine:

never dated an Akata manbut have some as good friends. dont want that whole baby mama drama!

So are you insinuating that ALL Black-American men have kids?
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by slimfine(f): 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2009
KB1:

So are you insinuating that ALL Black-American men have kids?

do not put words into my mouth!
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by KB1(m): 10:55pm On Jun 14, 2009
slimfine:

Well your comment seemed rather blanketed. I was just attempting to obtain clarification. You said that you didn't want to deal with the momma drama, as if all AA men are a bunch of Baby daddies separated from their kids mothers. I was just trying to obtain clarification on what exactly your meaning behind that statement of yours was.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by tunku(m): 1:23am On Jun 15, 2009
I just have to put my 2 cents in this. Akata means black foreigner, it is in no way synonymous with Nigger, It never has and it never will be. The word has no negative connotation unless you wish to self-identify with Yorubas without speaking the language. DuDu means black, not all black persons are dudu, Dudu means that your skin is jet black, not brown, but actually black. Dudu is equivalent to Pale. Let me ask you people this, do you get offended when Hispanics call you Gringos, the Japanese Gaijin? If No then why the big deal with Akata? The word is devoid of hatred and if you think an African used it to put you down then it is all in your own fetid imagination. If you want to stop being called an Akata learn Yoruba and self-identify as one, if not then please stop making the word into something that is offensive. Technically Akata can and has referred to Oyinbos (whites) too. My sisters have been called Akata by other Nigerians  and I am not offended by that. I find it funny that this misunderstood outrage is being drummed up by people who don't even know the true meaning of the word but think that they know what it means. Did a black african ever call your ancestors Akata while lynching them? denying them their rights as citizens of occidental countries, and have they used the term akata to deny you a job, an apartment, or a loan? No. so please stop trying to drum up a fake conflict where nonexists. One more thing it does not mean cotton picker, Nigeria doesn't have a history of cotton industry.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by Nwaka77: 7:02am On Jun 15, 2009
slimfine:

Slimfine, don't mind him jor. He is very good at that, making claims and stating things that were never mentioned by the other party sad Once the topic is about black americans, his body starts to shake like jello pudding grin
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by Nwaka77: 7:15am On Jun 15, 2009
KB1:

Well your comment seemed rather blanketed. I was just attempting to obtain clarification. You said that you didn't want to deal with the momma drama, as if all AA men are a bunch of Baby daddies separated from their kids mothers. I was just trying to obtain clarification on what exactly your meaning behind that statement of yours was.

As much as we all know that NOT all black american men are baby daddies, the truth of the matter is, most of them are by the time they get to their early thirties. If that is not the case, who else is getting all these young unwed black american women in their mid and late teens and early to mid twenties pregnant if not them? Don't try to deny like you don't know what's going on benin! That shit is getting old! undecided

Anyways, I'm out!
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by slimfine(f): 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2009
@nwaka77: thank you smiley
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by TheSeeker(m): 5:36am On Jun 19, 2009
tunku:

I just have to put my 2 cents in this. Akata means black foreigner, it is in no way synonymous with Nigger, It never has and it never will be. The word has no negative connotation unless you wish to self-identify with Yorubas without speaking the language. DuDu means black, not all black persons are dudu, Dudu means that your skin is jet black, not brown, but actually black. Dudu is equivalent to Pale. Let me ask you people this, do you get offended when Hispanics call you Gringos, the Japanese Gaijin? If No then why the big deal with Akata? The word is devoid of hatred and if you think an African used it to put you down then it is all in your own fetid imagination. If you want to stop being called an Akata learn Yoruba and self-identify as one, if not then please stop making the word into something that is offensive. Technically Akata can and has referred to Oyinbos (whites) too. My sisters have been called Akata by other Nigerians  and I am not offended by that. I find it funny that this misunderstood outrage is being drummed up by people who don't even know the true meaning of the word but think that they know what it means. Did a black african ever call your ancestors Akata while lynching them? denying them their rights as citizens of occidental countries, and have they used the term akata to deny you a job, an apartment, or a loan? No. so please stop trying to drum up a fake conflict where nonexists. One more thing it does not mean cotton picker, Nigeria doesn't have a history of cotton industry.

Very intelligent observation and comment. I'm proud of you man. Well, the problem I have also is that many Nigerians who are American citizens seem to think with the Blue Passport, they hold the citizenship of the Holy Heavens and vehemently deny their origin.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by sistawoman: 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2009
tunku:

I just have to put my 2 cents in this. Akata means black foreigner, it is in no way synonymous with Nigger, It never has and it never will be. The word has no negative connotation unless you wish to self-identify with Yorubas without speaking the language. DuDu means black, not all black persons are dudu, Dudu means that your skin is jet black, not brown, but actually black. Dudu is equivalent to Pale. Let me ask you people this, do you get offended when Hispanics call you Gringos, the Japanese Gaijin? If No then why the big deal with Akata? The word is devoid of hatred and if you think an African used it to put you down then it is all in your own fetid imagination. If you want to stop being called an Akata learn Yoruba and self-identify as one, if not then please stop making the word into something that is offensive. Technically Akata can and has referred to Oyinbos (whites) too. My sisters have been called Akata by other Nigerians and I am not offended by that. I find it funny that this misunderstood outrage is being drummed up by people who don't even know the true meaning of the word but think that they know what it means. Did a black african ever call your ancestors Akata while lynching them? denying them their rights as citizens of occidental countries, and have they used the term akata to deny you a job, an apartment, or a loan? No. so please stop trying to drum up a fake conflict where nonexists. One more thing it does not mean cotton picker, Nigeria doesn't have a history of cotton industry.

I am not Nigerian
I just sleep next, and exchange bodily fluids with one on daily basis.
They use the term in a derogatory way, if not then my husband would not make it a point to say dont call your self Akata because you are not one. And he would not have made it a point to put that Nigerian woman at the party last year in her place and tell her to never refer to me as Akata again.

Just my two cents.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by Nwaka77: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2009
slimfine:

@nwaka77: thank you smiley

You're welcome kiss
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by tunku(m): 1:32am On Jun 23, 2009
sistawoman it sounds as if it is your husband that has a problem with the word, not you. Perhaps he detests being reminded that he married outside of his culture and is overly sensitive to any overt reminders of that from people within his culture. To be less cynical about it, I would say that he has accepted you whole into his culture and trying to convince others that you are no longer only whatever you were before marrying him but that you are now a Nigerian woman through and through. Assuming that you are American or British and your are black, I can tell you that some Nigerians will view you marriage as akin to an interracial union: Rightly or wrongly when it comes to most relationships with foreigners, nationality is first and foremost rather than race.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by sistawoman: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2009
Nwaka77:

As much as we all know that NOT all black american men are baby daddies, the truth of the matter is, most of them are by the time they get to their early thirties. If that is not the case, who else is getting all these young unwed black american women in their mid and late teens and early to mid twenties pregnant if not them? Don't try to deny like you don't know what's going on benin! That shit is getting old! undecided

Anyways, I'm out!

Please define most because that statment is completely false.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by sistawoman: 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2009
here are some numbers to chew on, please read the entire paragraph before commenting:

There was a dramatic increase in single-parent families in the United States in the last three decades of the twentieth century; only 13 percent of families were headed by a single parent in 1970. Over one-fourth of children in the United States lived with a single parent in 1996, double the proportion in 1970. Approximately 84 percent of these families are headed by women. Of all single-parent families, the most common are those headed by divorced or separated mothers (58%) followed by never-married mothers (24%). Other family heads include widows (7%), divorced and separated fathers (8.4%), never-married fathers (1.5%), and widowers (0.9%). There is racial variation in the proportion of families headed by a single parent: 22 percent for white, 57 percent for black, and 33 percent for Hispanic families.

">http://family.jrank.org/pages/1574/Single-Parent-Families-Demographic-Trends.html#ixzz0JGdtIFS3&grin
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by agathamari(f): 7:24pm On Jul 11, 2009
oyee-bo is an offensive term. I hate it when people call me it. from what i have been told it is yoruba for skinnless of weak. how is that not offensive?
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by Kunbee: 1:32am On Jul 12, 2009
Its not derogatory but it depends on the basis it was used
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by chykeo(m): 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2009
You guys are having unnecessary issues here. Sistawoman and KB1 and the other lady have just succeded in cutting of this thread from what it was originaly Have You Dated A Black American

Akata is not derogatory at all.

Oyibo is not derogatory at all.

Sista woman it is probable your husband didnt like being reminded he married out of his comfort zone whenever you are refered as Akata!

It refers to black Americans and even Nigerians who live in America are even refered to Akata.

If you refer to someone in Lagos as an Akata babe, it is even a recognition and respect.

Get back to the topic.
Re: Have You Ever Dated A Black-american? by sjeezy8: 5:16am On Jul 13, 2009
i've dated black american chicks some good the other alright , the educated ones were only arrogant when it came to other bblack americans but around nigerians they calm that shiottt down big time, infact they all still love me

the only thing i can honestly say is they are to freaky mehn, they go by that "lady in the streets freak in the sheets"

THEY GO CRAZY AT THE SITE OF A BIG PENIS, naija chicks like money and i like dat

im a yoruba guy i want a classy lady 24-7 and a girlfriend on the side whos a freak

everything i wont do with my wife ill do with my girlfriend grin

i wouldn't feel comfortable busting anutt in my wife mouth and then she give the children kisses IYAMA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? / An Honest Question From A Somali / Ogun: A Yoruba Word With Morethan 20 Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.