Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why We Withdrew Eligibility Suit Against Jonathan — Junaid Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Withdrew Eligibility Suit Against Jonathan — Junaid Mohammed (852 Views)

Buhari's Re-election Could Hasten The Break Up Of Nigeria - Junaid Mohammed / Junaid Mohammed: "I Will Not Campaign For Buhari Nor Vote For Him Next Time" / Arms Probe Report Doctored To Shield Dambazau, Buratai- Junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Withdrew Eligibility Suit Against Jonathan — Junaid Mohammed by Austindark(m): 1:39am On Feb 14, 2015
One of the individuals and groups that had filed a suit at the Federal High Court in Abuja seeking to stop the re-election of President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, withdrew the case, saying that it had another option to deal with the
matter.
The plaintiffs-Prof. Tunde Samuel, Dr. Junaidu Mohammed, Mr. Rasak Adeogun and Yahaya Ezeemoo Ndu-had filed the suit praying with the court to declare that Jonathan was not qualified to stand election as president in 2015 having taken oath of office as president of Nigeria twice.
But on Wednesday, Justice Ahmed Mohammed struck out the suit following an application by the plaintiffs to discontinue the matter.
The court also ordered the plaintiffs to pay N50,000 to Jonathan whose lawyers had been made to file responses before the decision to withdraw the suit.
Responding to enquiry by our correspondent, one of the plaintiffs in the case, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, said that the case was withdrawn to enable them to sue President
Jonathan in his personal capacity.
Mohammed said that although the case had been withdrawn from the Federal High Court Abuja, the plaintiffs were heading to another court to pursue the matter to a logical conclusion in the interest of justice.
Mohammed said: “We are heading for another court so that we can sue Jonathan in his personal capacity and stop him from breaching the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria with impunity.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/withdrew-eligibility-suit-jonathan-junaid-mohammed/
Re: Why We Withdrew Eligibility Suit Against Jonathan — Junaid Mohammed by obamartins(m): 1:47am On Feb 14, 2015
Jobless old men. Making the country ungovernable isn't enough right?

3 Likes

Re: Why We Withdrew Eligibility Suit Against Jonathan — Junaid Mohammed by kestolove95(m): 1:51am On Feb 14, 2015
Gara-gara..nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why We Withdrew Eligibility Suit Against Jonathan — Junaid Mohammed by temitemi1(m): 2:33am On Feb 14, 2015
Looking for attention grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why We Withdrew Eligibility Suit Against Jonathan — Junaid Mohammed by PhockPhockMan: 2:55am On Feb 14, 2015
You people could not stop him in 6 years, now you think you can do it in 6 weeks. To me, this is tactical withdrawal from shameful, needless, fruitless and useless journey.
The shall gather in one way but scatter in ten thousand ways.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Withdrew Eligibility Suit Against Jonathan — Junaid Mohammed by nzeadachie: 3:31am On Feb 14, 2015
WASTING OF TIME & MONEY, MUGU (Junaidu Mohammed) FALL LAWYERS CHOP
Re: Why We Withdrew Eligibility Suit Against Jonathan — Junaid Mohammed by shininglite(m): 3:35am On Feb 14, 2015
stupid APC lawyers.... instead of wasting dis energy nd tym for d case u wud lose in any court, y not channel it in preparing ur candidate for d upcoming WAEC

Gej till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Why We Withdrew Eligibility Suit Against Jonathan — Junaid Mohammed by baybeeboi: 3:42am On Feb 14, 2015
another group of Fööls.
Well, Jonathan now knows ur names......
What next?
Re: Why We Withdrew Eligibility Suit Against Jonathan — Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 3:48am On Feb 14, 2015
Failures...useless n stuppid old bunch. The God thatssbeen with Gej will crush al of u.

1 Like

Re: Why We Withdrew Eligibility Suit Against Jonathan — Junaid Mohammed by tolustx(m): 4:31am On Feb 14, 2015
These are d most confused and clueless people I ve ever heard of. i tot lawyers are all inteligent people. well, maybe they were Buhari's classmates too and he was dr senoir prefect. i wont be surprised if dat's d case.

BTW: someone shud pls tell dem dr's a movie called 'suits'. Instead of wasting dr destinies on a useless suit in court, they should rescue themselves by seeing that movie.

sign out...
Re: Why We Withdrew Eligibility Suit Against Jonathan — Junaid Mohammed by jorlons(m): 6:05am On Feb 14, 2015
I'll sue all the guys above me for misuse of brain capacity.

#GMB all the way
Re: Why We Withdrew Eligibility Suit Against Jonathan — Junaid Mohammed by halimaabi: 6:10am On Feb 14, 2015
They just realized how brainless they are ,who said common sense is common,and these are the so called set of people that want to hold power i weep for nigeria ,her youth and injustice.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Anti-Boko Haram Woman Activist Wins Japanese Peace Prize Worth $170,000 / Refusal To Debate With GEJ But Able To Visit Chatham Sealed Buhari's Fate / How Jonathan, IBB, Are Plotting Interim Govt Instead Of Presidential Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.