Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) (24720 Views)

Poll: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now

TRUE: 66% (98 votes)
FALSE: 25% (37 votes)
NOT SURE: 8% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

The 10 Best Nigerian Albums Of 2015 / Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? / The Richest Nigerian Rapper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by Dclique(m): 2:07am On Jan 10, 2009
Mykali, i cant argue with d last line of ur comment.
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by Dclique(m): 2:17am On Jan 10, 2009
@tolu, mode is already sliping off.
Hs album was WACK.Thats if any1 heard of it.Only 9ja gurls that was ok, loool
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by kay29000(m): 2:21am On Jan 10, 2009
A lot of nigerians do not have a mind of their own, they just follow what they are told on t.v, or radio, or by the crowd. That is what m.i was talking about in crowd mentality.
I have read all the replies here, and some people impressed me, while some just do not know what they are talking about.
I think, no, i don't think, i know that m.i is the best nigerian rapper. Even before he dropped his album, i knew he was the best, that is why his album was so highly anticipated. No other rap album has moved in alaba like this album, believe me when i say so, cos i am an alaba boy.
Now, you say modenine? Saying mode is the best is like saying canibus is the best rapper. It's like saying canibus is better than nas, or jadakiss or something. He can rap with all the words in the world, but is he is a complete rapper.
Tell me, and i rellay want you to tell me what you gain after you listen to a modenine song. Ofcos he gives you all the jaw dropping metaphors. which is the point i am trying to point out. After the metaphors, what do you gain. He is stereotype, you already know what you are going to get from him; lines like "with your hands in the toilet, you're feeling my shit". And more and more of those kinds of metaphors. What else? If you are listening to a mode album, by the 4th track, you would know what the rest would be, just the same with changed beats, and choruses.
M.i is a breath of fresh air. He is lyrically, he has a unique style, or should i say styles, he carries the listener along. He can be commercial or mainstream without selling out.
He said it himself, "i ain't saying i'm the best, i'm just asking who's better".
That is a very good question, who is better than m.i?
You want to say naeto c? Try and get your hand on naeto c's lyrics, and read them, then you would know that without the beats, great production, and catchy chorus, which must of his songs have, and also the swagger, there is nothing left. Just get your hand on his lyrics and read, nursery rhmyes that do not make sence. Or please just give me four lines from your best naeto c song. Lines like "check out my new bezy, you can wind down well, but are you ready", very lame lines.
Sauce is very good, and i would say would have gotten better, but i think he is playing with the music thing.
Freestyle is good, elde is good, od is good, but can get to rigid sometimes.
Rugged, hate it or love it, is a very matured rapper. Forget all the commerciality, he can make very good, and he does make very good rap songs. But m.i is just a blend of all these rappers. Or more like he has all what these other rappers were lacking.
You say he is just the rave of the monet, that is pure hating. I would say naeto c is more of a rave of the moment. M .i is here to stay. You do not need to hear 3 albums from him to know he is the best. His album is a classic.
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by darequam(m): 2:55am On Jan 10, 2009
@kayba
if its about sales, when ruggedy's album comes out u'l testify.
If its about lyrical content, mode is better.
If about delivery, he is d guy on top of it now.
If its about luv from the people, i think he's got enuf to rule until rugged and Sauce's albums are out. I relax my case!
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by skingo(m): 7:13am On Jan 10, 2009
abeg sauc kid no wack for noting. shut that shit up. teeto is tight as well. gino is also not bad.
to say sauce kid is wack until u see an album is just stupid comment. the mixtape he dorpped was fileld with serious punches and bangers. wont be arguing with u anyway. african american is coming soon. m.i keep rocing o coz u r undenibly talented but im sure u recognise talent when u hear it. these online motherfuckas just dey yan balls
as far as javalove go backto ur modenine thread and try to convince me and others dat bbc is playing modenine record. modenine record never spin on naija radio first, na bbc wan pay am. u sound like a joke
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by TOYOSI20(f): 7:51pm On Jan 10, 2009
WOW!!!!! cheesy

Cant tell wether or he's the best, cos don't know any other Nigerian rappers,

But the only song listened to was Djinee ft M.I - Lade, and it was, so NICE!!!!!!!!!!!! kiss

Pls y'all can anyone help me wid more of his songs, this is my first official song request on this forum. grin

And to think MI did it for moi, i mean he has got to be good, wink

so yeah, I'll really appreciate it peeps, smiley
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by Dclique(m): 1:37am On Jan 11, 2009
A-40:

I don't know why some people would see rice and intentionally call it beans.MI is the best out there for now other rappers should please take a hike
cool cool cool, PLS HELP ME TELL THEM,

darequam:

@kayba
if its about sales, when ruggedy's album comes out u'l testify.
If its about lyrical content, mode is better.
If about delivery, he is d guy on top of it now.
If its about love from the people, i think he's got enough to rule until rugged and Sauce's albums are out. I relax my case!

The only truth you said is 'ITS ALL BOUT SALES'
I diss-agree with all other facts angry angry angry
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by Dclique(m): 1:58am On Jan 11, 2009
TOYOSI20:

WOW!!!!! cheesy

can't tell wether or he's the best, because don't know any other Nigerian rappers,

But the only song listened to was Djinee ft M.I - Lade, and it was, so NICE!!!!!!!!!!!! kiss

please y'all can anyone help me wid more of his songs, this is my first official song request on this forum. grin

And to think MI did it for moi, i mean he has got to be good, wink

so yeah, I'll really appreciate it peeps, smiley

YEP!! THATS ONE OF MA BOYS TRACKS
N ITS HOT!!! cool cool cool
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by mykali(m): 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2009
kay29000:

A lot of nigerians do not have a mind of their own, they just follow what they are told on t.v, or radio, or by the crowd. That is what m.i was talking about in crowd mentality.
I have read all the replies here, and some people impressed me, while some just do not know what they are talking about.
I think, no, i don't think, i know that m.i is the best nigerian rapper. Even before he dropped his album, i knew he was the best, that is why his album was so highly anticipated. No other rap album has moved in alaba like this album, believe me when i say so, because i am an alaba boy.
Now, you say modenine? Saying mode is the best is like saying canibus is the best rapper. It's like saying canibus is better than nas, or jadakiss or something. He can rap with all the words in the world, but is he is a complete rapper.
Tell me, and i rellay want you to tell me what you gain after you listen to a modenine song. Ofcos he gives you all the jaw dropping metaphors. which is the point i am trying to point out. After the metaphors, what do you gain. He is stereotype, you already know what you are going to get from him; lines like "with your hands in the toilet, you're feeling my shit". And more and more of those kinds of metaphors. What else? If you are listening to a mode album, by the 4th track, you would know what the rest would be, just the same with changed beats, and choruses.
M.i is a breath of fresh air. He is lyrically, he has a unique style, or should i say styles, he carries the listener along. He can be commercial or mainstream without selling out.
He said it himself, "i ain't saying i'm the best, i'm just asking who's better".
That is a very good question, who is better than m.i?
You want to say naeto c? Try and get your hand on naeto c's lyrics, and read them, then you would know that without the beats, great production, and catchy chorus, which must of his songs have, and also the swagger, there is nothing left. Just get your hand on his lyrics and read, nursery rhmyes that do not make sence. Or please just give me four lines from your best naeto c song. Lines like "check out my new bezy, you can wind down well, but are you ready", very lame lines.
Sauce is very good, and i would say would have gotten better, but i think he is playing with the music thing.
Freestyle is good, elde is good, od is good, but can get to rigid sometimes.
Rugged, hate it or love it, is a very matured rapper. Forget all the commerciality, he can make very good, and he does make very good rap songs. But m.i is just a blend of all these rappers. Or more like he has all what these other rappers were lacking.
You say he is just the rave of the monet, that is pure hating. I would say naeto c is more of a rave of the moment. M .i is here to stay. You do not need to hear 3 albums from him to know he is the best. His album is a classic.

are u sure u've listened to his last two albums.?
how can u say he is stereotype.

e pluribus unum:
Cry, Fellow Nigerians, Leaders of Tomorrow, Politics and lies. these joints have a lot to gain from.

and My skin is black is also different from all the punchlines and what have u in the whole paradigm shift album.

, when u say u cant gain some positive shyt from a mode track, ur thinkin hollow.
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by azoo: 7:31am On Jan 12, 2009
mykali:

i will call modenine a lyricist. its what he is. his lyrics are deep shyt. then, his rap flows aint so fantastik.

my little bro says he shouts. i think so too.

but why i like the way he raps is that u get to hear what he's gotta say

unlike Naeto C. he raps good, but u hardly hear him sometimes through all the heavy beats.

then, M.I's rap is tight, and u hear whut he spits.

so, if someone says M.i is the dopest RAPPER, for now, maybe yeah. but that's just in this present dispensation.

but nine still remains the best lyricist. better than M.I.

seconded
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by azoo: 7:52am On Jan 12, 2009
mykali:

are u sure u've listened to his last two albums.?
how can u say he is stereotype.

e pluribus unum:
Cry, Fellow Nigerians, Leaders of Tomorrow, Politics and lies. these joints have a lot to gain from.

and My skin is black is also different from all the punchlines and what have u in the whole paradigm shift album.

, when u say u can't gain some positive shyt from a mode track, ur thinkin hollow.

can you just hear urself with that meaningless line
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by DBR: 5:05pm On Jan 12, 2009
Tell me, and i rellay want you to tell me what you gain after you listen to a modenine song. Ofcos he gives you all the jaw dropping metaphors. which is the point i am trying to point out. After the metaphors, what do you gain.

@
kay29000

So, if u gain nothin from the one regarded as the best lyricist,
tell me what do u GAIN from listenin to M.i, Naeto, and the rest
who are nonetheless good but aint as deep lyrically as him?

Back to the topic jorrr, yea M.i is blazin hot right now, definately one of the best.
oNe
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by khanye(m): 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2009
Mode d king, M.I d Prince cool
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by Dclique(m): 8:34am On Jan 13, 2009
M.I da prince
Mode the Paupa
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by Jessicablo(f): 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2009
Can s'one send a link to dis guy song on youtube pls
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by Dclique(m): 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2009
@drb, u damn right,
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by khanye(m): 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2009
Jessicablo:

Can s'one send a link to this guy song on youtube please

M I - ft Y Q - AREA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itoiAHjUxPY&feature=channel_page

M.I - Crowd Mentality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k979gl_VInw&feature=PlayList&p=2ECC82DE2B5FEBAA&playnext=1&index=38
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by khanye(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2009
t-rhymes:

When we have Nato C (Kini Big Deal) and Ikechukwu (Igbo boys)
MI is good but he just started.
Nato C is the best Now and also he has been in the Game for more than 10years,
You can ask Basket mouth about this, rl]

Hey dude, stop talking about what you dont know, Does Neato C get any Mixtape? 10 years ma foot!
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by darequam(m): 3:45pm On Jan 15, 2009
Just heard gbono felifeli and drop it like its got ystday and i changed my opinion about M.I he might be the best
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by Vuitton(m): 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2009
For now MI is the issh smiley
Lets see if he lasts the test of time tho
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by Dclique(m): 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2009
Vuitton:

For now MI is the issh smiley
Lets see if he lasts the test of time tho
Ofcus he will,
no one is even up to his level,
as at NOW, cool cool cool
darequam:

Just heard gbono felifeli and drop it like its got ystday and i changed my opinion about M.I he might be the best
Hahahaha, damn RIGHT, cool cool cool cool grin grin grin
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by YoungK1: 10:36pm On Jan 15, 2009
M.I. is just commercial and his not the best got some good songs but lacks wwat its takes to revrenced as the best. Mode 9, Naeto C, Sauce kid, Gino even Gheto P for are more inspiring.
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by Dclique(m): 10:04am On Jan 16, 2009
i dnt why people dnt see thng d way i do,
Okay,herz what we are gona do,
Name ur top 5 9ja rapper,
Am,
M.I,
SAUCE KID
IKECHUKWU,
MODE
SASHA
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by MrCrackles(m): 10:06am On Jan 16, 2009
I think MI is banging to be fair but the best rapper, nah!
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by khanye(m): 10:44am On Jan 16, 2009
@ MrCrackles

Who is your best Rapper 4 9ja?
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by MrCrackles(m): 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2009
khanye:

@MrCrackles

Who is your best Rapper 4 9ja?

I think i like Modenine~Most consistent, sticks to the script in most cases and has a bit of originality!

MI is following suit though and i think if he can prove his consistency, he will be up there!
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by khanye(m): 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2009
M.i 've been chilling underground for some time now, he's banging now but i'm not sure if he can maintain this cool
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by MrCrackles(m): 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2009
Consistency is the key

A lot of Nigerian MC's lack depth and originality hence the reason why they churn out gabbage all the time!

M watching MI closely moreso becoz hez someone i sort of know personally, not very well though!
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by khanye(m): 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2009
MrCrackles:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Consistency is the key

A lot of Nigerian MC's lack depth and originality hence the reason why they churn out gabbage all the time!

You're are rigth, that's where the skill comes in. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fireboy DML Becomes The First Afrobeat Artiste To Perform On BET Awards Stage / A Review Of Davido's "A Better Time" Album By Iamsynord / Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.