Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) (24723 Views)

Poll: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now

TRUE: 66% (98 votes)
FALSE: 25% (37 votes)
NOT SURE: 8% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

The 10 Best Nigerian Albums Of 2015 / Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? / The Richest Nigerian Rapper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by Madflowz: 9:26pm On May 16, 2009
Who is that skreech guy??
dude is hottt
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by ofokasibe: 9:55pm On May 16, 2009
Madflowz:

Who is that skreech guy??
dude is hottt
jumokebaby:

M.I.'s shit is wack. Nigerians are too easily impressed. He's riding you all like a Love Machine

LMFAO JUMOKE! grin
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by Pepeye(f): 9:59pm On May 16, 2009
Just the flavour of the moment
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by AjanleKoko: 5:26pm On May 17, 2009
In music it;s tough to say someone is the greatest or the best whatever. Cos you don't know what's waiting to blow up next.
But M.I is definitely blowing up right now. The guy is good. I've gone and gotten the entire album, and I have to say, it is well put together, all the songs. All of them provide a nice flava, and the album 'flows', track after track and he maintains the sequence pretty well. Nice intro, pumps it up somewhere around track 6, and takes it down with track 15 (Jehovah).
I would say the organization of the tracks are top notch. Though I think he needs to establish his own sound, he seemed to sound like too many people, didn't maintain the same rhyming style through the album.
I also saw him on Friday 8th May at the etisalat party, and he had great stage presence. . . not too much miming. He was able to thrill the crowd with improvision, rather than a rehearsed sequence. I found that rather refreshing.
He strikes me like a Kanye West. . . a clever rapper, with an almost playful delivery, but the mass appeal may not cut across. For purists, Mode Nine would appeal to you. But for some of us who believe Hip Hop shouldn't be all gangsta, but has to swing into R7B somewhat, M.I. aint bad at all.
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by showlankie(m): 1:28am On May 24, 2009
AjanleKoko, you have said it all, Mode9 came out loud, we all accepted him as some sort of refreshing relief to Naija rap, and I felt Naija shouldnt stop there, there was this long drought and then crowd mentality came, the first open step M.I took, and it was good enuff to earn him a new comer's award, now there is Talk About It in whole, I then felt yeah this is quite motivating, now you'll want to listen to nigerian rap again, M.I makes sense, thats all that matters for now and i am luvin it. If his next album hits the airwaves and sound better than talk about it then we can start talking about it: who's the best. but for now MI is sounding great,
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by ayepogan(m): 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2010
False Mr Incredcible isnt credible enough for that title, check out Naija next top MC  http://www.myspace.com/bigfazillion

Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by tavarez(f): 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2010
man I dunno what to say but if the best rapper in naija says stuff like

i wanna be able like cain

I solo like isolo

im extrakool so i extraconnect

den , in fact no comments,,

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying -Big Disease-Swat Root
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by kasilly(m): 7:38pm On Mar 10, 2010
na lie ppl dey disguised he fit be m.i grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by shotster50(m): 2:59am On Mar 13, 2010
M.I is not the greatest rather he is the most popular. He has managed not to appear too hardcore ( which some argue is the reason M9 isnt faring favourably with a lot of Nigerian listeners) or too pop. I believe there are up and coming musicians who are going to learn from him and will eventually do better.
Skales is future contender for that position. If that boy keeps grinding the way he is right now, possibilities will be endless for him.
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by meta4man: 4:41am On Mar 13, 2010
I personally dont think so, this is the rave of the moment, he is allover facebook rite now, Esojay, hottest remix to Da-grin's pon pon pon i've heard, http://www.4shared.com/file/240083793/11189e35/Street_Clout_Da-grin_Sample_.html. download this fast
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by desktop: 9:36am On Nov 28, 2010
MI's sophomore album has hit the streets. . .and i hate to be the harbinger of doom to his haters, but oh my goodness! lipsrsealed
the boy has proven his salt. whaaaat? Abeg everyone just chill, like he rightly says "standing close to the sun cant stop his shine."
Between his first album and this, i still haven't seen the rapper that was promised to come to remove his shine, he rather raised the bench mark higher. Im so proud of this dude.
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by lakeside4love(m): 11:33am On Nov 28, 2010
Right now MI is d best.
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by tpavilon(f): 11:00am On Dec 31, 2010
I think MI is the best Nigerian rapper. Goodness! His style is different,his voice is wow, Then his albums are something else,he knows what the audience wants and he knows how to give it to them. When it comes to the world of music,he has truly taught nigerian rap artists what it is like to be a rap artists. Imagine mixing high life and hiphop. Thats big.
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by Vavavoom(m): 12:52am On Jan 08, 2011
'', enemies they don't know ya name
cos gossip comes with the doe & fame
see once u get money in your polythene
the news start broadcasting ur lower shame
you gotta be superman for the lowest lame
try to be 9ice they make u feel Toni's payne(read pain)
and to them y'all was a game,
some people have ur gist in their windpipe
they'll all choke, God will indict
[/b]and plus ur flow got an SS genotype
ur not the same class not even the same flight,

Jude ABAGA, bros! U got the [b]em-i-cee
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by dejahvu(m): 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2011
Abeg stop calling Sauce KId his a FUJI Artist
MI is the best rapper now till somebody takes over
, watchout for GODWON
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by ijawgirl: 3:30am On Mar 06, 2011
m.i is the Bleep/in best!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by eghost247(m): 10:18am On Mar 06, 2011
Mode9 all the way
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by tical(m): 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2011
eghost247:

Mode9 all the way
Mtcheeeeew! angry angry angry angry undecided
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by eghost247(m): 2:20pm On Mar 06, 2011
tical:

Mtcheeeeew! angry angry angry angry undecided
haters will always be haters
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by AjanleKoko: 11:03pm On Mar 19, 2011
I don't know about all these tags, 'best Nigerian rapper', or whatever.

We have quite a bunch of good lyricists in Nigeria, but MI seems to be the most creative, at least among those enjoying the airplay of our radio stations. Though he doesn't have his own distinct style (he seems to have lots of diverse influences), but he tries to invent and do things not normal with Nigerian rappers. Some of his songs tell a story, while some try to carry through some fun, but he doesn't seem to want to do the party track. Neither has he been able to drop the classic jam yet, at least not on either of his two albums. But he's be

Party tracks are easy for Nigerian rappers anyway, at least even DJ Zeez was able to drop 'ofokasibe' grin. It's the classic jam that they are unable to do. You know, tracks like 'Paid In Full', 'I've Got The Power', 'Still Dre', 'Changes', 'Juicy', 'Without Me', 'He Got Game', even 'Mo Money Mo Problems'. Those tracks that make an artiste live for ever. Those are the classics, the ones that make even the most rap-o-phobic bob their heads and tap their feet. I'm yet to see a Nigerian classic rap song dropped by anyone. Which is not surprising anyway, we don't own the genre.

The tracks 'Epic' and 'Unstoppable' on MI2 were definitely attempts to drop the proverbial classic, but I feel that his lyrical approach does not carry through very well, or maybe doesn't flow with the baseline. 'Unstoppable' almost had it - the baseline, the chorus, but I think he wasn't clever enough with the lyrics, they became a monologue after a while.

Anyway, after all the long tory, essentially what I would award to MI is 'Most Creative Rapper for now'. But I am sure of one thing. If Any Nigerian rapper is going to drop the classic jam, it may well be him.
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by lekside44(m): 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2011
true or false, the best nigerian rapper is idris albukarim
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by dammizz(m): 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2011
Its ok if Personal opinions differ, but the general poll result displays the choice of the majority so quit hating y'all haters
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by eros(m): 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2011
Take it or leave it M.I. ABAGA is the best rapper alive in Nigeria right now. Whatever the criteria, he stands out above all.
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by MeGaStReEt: 9:52pm On Mar 27, 2011
False
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by yulad(m): 12:09am On Mar 29, 2011
False. I think the dude is just overhyped. His pathetic shame of a sophomore album is a glaring point.
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by baslone: 2:46pm On Mar 29, 2011
Transformer or well?

Choose one!!!
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by Effiko(m): 2:26am On Apr 18, 2011
eros:
dammizz link=topic=214683.msg7984001#msg7984001 date=1301057453:

Its ok if Personal opinions differ, but the general poll result displays the choice of the majority so quit hating y'all haters

truth jare

Take it or leave it M.I. ABAGA is the best rapper alive in Nigeria right now. Whatever the criteria, he stands out above all.

hahhhaaaa abeg tel dem ooooooo

sum ppl neva evn hear the album til now sef undecided undecided undecided embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by johnjoel(m): 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2011
he is good and cool cool sad tongue lipsrsealed but difinatly not the best but he is on top as for now.,he no be 2pac now
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by udy1977(m): 3:27pm On May 04, 2011
Are you crazy, or just dont know hiphop.I went to 9ja last month and i discovered this guys lyrics.DEFINATELY THE BEST 9JA RAPPER NO DOUBT,ANY COMPARISON?
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by renewnaija(m): 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2011
Is this a question? Who compares to MI pls?

For now, yes. No one comes close.
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2011
Keep on comparing, These rappers are somewhere else eating their money
Re: M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) by luvlytrici: 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2011
e-legal a female mc is the best rapper listen to her following this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGZAh683qFU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fireboy DML Becomes The First Afrobeat Artiste To Perform On BET Awards Stage / A Review Of Davido's "A Better Time" Album By Iamsynord / Wizkid Wins 2 MOBO Awards, Breaks African Record.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.