Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? (14656 Views)

I Have To Deny God So I Can Pass..should I? / Did you know that Pull Out Game Is Sinful? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by mabeni(m): 3:54am On Feb 15, 2015
free2ryhme:

God can help your frustrations don't give up . Jesus is all you need
is he for real؟
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Badgers14: 3:57am On Feb 15, 2015
robinicule:
But whoever denies Me in front of people, I also will deny him in front of My Father in the heavens. (Matthew 10:33)

But what about St . Peter
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Badgers14: 3:59am On Feb 15, 2015
leonshom:
If someone is told to deny Christ or acknowledge another religion or god under the threat of death, is it sinful to give in out of fear? I know modern culture doesn’t demand this kind of heroic virtue, but in Revelation 2:10, Jesus says, “Be faithful unto death."
Is it sinful to deny Christ under threat of death?

I do think about this sometimes, but I don't have the answer to the question but St. Peter did deny Jesus 3 times undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by free2ryhme: 4:03am On Feb 15, 2015
mabeni:
is he for real؟

well, it looks real to me we can only but pray and encourage him
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by macdelene(m): 4:30am On Feb 15, 2015
My dear is the greatest sin of all. Even in the threat of death that is when u should hold on to Christ Becos he is all you've got.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by lonelydora: 5:07am On Feb 15, 2015
Go to Iraq or Syria and ask Yazidi minority.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by McSpark: 5:30am On Feb 15, 2015
He've got opportunity to repent.
softysparky:
Peter did, 3 good times.

And he is still St. Peter the apostle.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Tayomi37(m): 5:39am On Feb 15, 2015
Now i can see the type of christians we have today, to many that say its not a sin, u can denied now repent later shoukd have a rethink: why are u christian?, what if u die before repentance?. Have u fogotten the three Hebrews (Dan 3), daniel in lion(Dan6) Pete's case of denial was prohesied by Lord Jesus before it happened(Matt 26:31_34) Goggle how Peter died and see.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by darepoju(m): 5:57am On Feb 15, 2015
and who is asking dat question?

I don't like all this anti-Christ questions.....
if u are a christian u shouldn't be asking....

don't just open threads for the sake of opening....

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Ajuran: 6:01am On Feb 15, 2015
If I was god, I would want you to live to worship another day.

But then again, this is the reason why I am not god.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by nwaanambra1(m): 6:02am On Feb 15, 2015
NA PESIN WE DEY ALIVE DEY PRAISE GOD undecided

SO THEREFORE - LIFE FIRST! GOD GO UNDERSTAND! lipsrsealed

BUT SHA HISTORY DON SHOW SAY EVEN AFTER DENYING YOUR GOD, YOUR OPPRESSORS WILL STILL MOST LIKELY KILL YOU CAUSE OF LACK OF TRUST! FOOD FOR TOT! grin
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by VivaLaFrans: 6:13am On Feb 15, 2015
leonshom:
If someone is told to deny Christ or acknowledge another religion or god under the threat of death, is it sinful to give in out of fear? I know modern culture doesn’t demand this kind of heroic virtue, but in Revelation 2:10, Jesus says, “Be faithful unto death."
Is it sinful to deny Christ under threat of death?
You already quoted the answer - Revelation 2:10. Why are you still asking? Anyone who told you to deny Jesus under gun point or a sword will kill you whether you deny Jesus or not.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Cutehector(m): 6:21am On Feb 15, 2015
Profkomolafe:
e depend on the type of death grin grin grin grin
looool. Throwin u into a basin of hot boiling oil
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Muhylonaire(m): 6:30am On Feb 15, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] grin grin grin
softysparky:
Peter did, 3 good times.

Nigerians sha.... grin
softysparky:
Peter did, 3 good times.

Nigerians sha....
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by cutebobo(m): 6:33am On Feb 15, 2015
it easier to say u can't deny it but often hard to do.why are u running away from the northern part then? all i know is that, when u are totally sure of ur destination ( i mean heaven ) u can but if are not sure, my dear sis and bro, use head while u repent

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by MrMandilas: 6:45am On Feb 15, 2015
robinicule:
But whoever denies Me in front of people, I also will deny him in front of My Father in the heavens. (Matthew 10:33)
u are on point.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by kenx1(m): 6:50am On Feb 15, 2015
Peter no do am but yet he became the foundation on which Christianity was built
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by achi4u(m): 6:54am On Feb 15, 2015
I will deny to save the world around me.What if there's no life after death?
God himself won't be happy that u give ur precious life so easily to those vampires.
God is merciful though.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by falopey: 7:02am On Feb 15, 2015
Peter When he denied Christ, what did he do? He wept bitterly knowing that he had sinned by the denying Christ. And he cried for forgiveness.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by rezzy: 7:02am On Feb 15, 2015
Good, don't allow me to face such a situation
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by achi4u(m): 7:06am On Feb 15, 2015
cutebobo:
it easier to say u can't deny it but often hard to do.why are u running away from the northern part then? all i know is that, when u are totally sure of ur destination ( i mean heaven ) u can but if are not sure, my dear sis and bro, use head while u repent
Exactly my man.
why can't my fellow diehard xtians carry their preachings to the lions den(the boko haram front line) instead staying at south and keep making noise.
Why are TBJ's,Oyedepos,choosens man,Chris Oyas and their likes...how many of them will want to die because of christ and church leaving all their wealth behind. lol at African man and his imported religious.
To God Be The Glory.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by sukkot: 7:11am On Feb 15, 2015
no it is not sinful. you deny christ with your deed not your mouth

titus 1 vs 16 They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works

God requires you to be crafty to survive. if you are not crafty then you are not operating how God wants you to operate, and being crafty is using your mouth to deny him if death is imminent.

matthew 10 vs 16 "Pay attention, now! I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. So be as cunning as serpents and as innocent as doves. <<< BE CUNNING TO SURVIVE AMONGST THESE WOLVES IN THE WORLD

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by falopey: 7:14am On Feb 15, 2015
kenx1:
Peter no do am but yet he became the foundation on which Christianity was built

Bro u have no point here. Peter do am, so did Peter acknowledged it than it's a good thing to do, even though he wept profusely for denying Christ knowing fully well that he had sinned. This same Peter right all his wrongs by going back to places he had been running away from and denying Christ and preach the same gospel for which he denied Christ for and died by crucifixion as a result. So can you follow that step too. I don't know the point you are making that Peter denied Christ

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by cutebobo(m): 7:16am On Feb 15, 2015
achi4u:
Exactly my man.
why can't my fellow diehard xtians carry their preachings to the lions den(the boko haram front line) instead staying at south and keep making noise.
Why are TBJ's,Oyedepos,choosens man,Chris Oyas and their likes...how many of them will want to die because of christ and church leaving all their wealth behind. lol at African man and his imported religious.
To God Be The Glory.
i no mention names oooo
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 15, 2015
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Horllamideh(m): 7:29am On Feb 15, 2015
softysparky:
Peter did, 3 good times.

i have forgotten how it was put down in the bible but Jesus told Peter that satan has set plans in motion for his capture but He (Jesus Christ) prayed for him. Peter received an unusual grace that judas was denied of....that is why Peter is the most influential of the twelve disciple.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by falopey: 7:30am On Feb 15, 2015
softysparky:
Peter did, 3 good times.

Can you pay the price Peter paid? So what did Peter do afterwards and what happened to him as a result of that? Read your bible very well. Do you know that he died for the cause of identifying with Jesus to right his wrongs?

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by achi4u(m): 7:30am On Feb 15, 2015
cutebobo:
i no mention names oooo
Those I mentioned were considered by their members as gods,let dem lead the battle to rescue our xtian brodas and sisters up north.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by falopey: 7:31am On Feb 15, 2015
softysparky:
Peter did, 3 good times.

Can you pay the price Peter paid? So what did Peter do afterwards and what happened to him as a result of that? Read your bible very well. Do you know that he died for the cause of identifying with Jesus to right his wrongs? He went back to all the places he was running away from witnessing for Christ. Can you do that? Just asking.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 15, 2015
1. Is It Sinful To Deny Amadioha Under Threat Of Death?

2. Is It Sinful To Deny Shango Under Threat Of Death?

3. Is It Sinful To Deny Allah Under Threat Of Death?

4. Is It Sinful To Deny Nigeria Under Threat Of Death?

5. Is It Sinful To Deny your blackness Under Threat Of Death?

Please I need black people to answer these questions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat / Obasanjo Introduced Corruption Into The Church -primate Ayodele Slams OBJ / Kumuyi Seeks Support For Church’s Plan To Check Unemployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.