Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? (14657 Views)

I Have To Deny God So I Can Pass..should I? / Did you know that Pull Out Game Is Sinful? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by cutebobo(m): 7:34am On Feb 15, 2015
robinicule:
But whoever denies Me in front of people, I also will deny him in front of My Father in the heavens. (Matthew 10:33)
that's really true. but look at it from this angle. being killed in the course of doing God's work does really guarante ur entry to heaven. the bible says if only man will do away with sins and love christ with all theirheart and deed. so u want to tell me that all those who got blown up in church will all go? no way cus the mention says even in the church there is sin. will pause here.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by streetzdreamz(m): 7:39am On Feb 15, 2015
What a question!! I won't even think twice before I make ma decision,dats ma one way ticket outa dis miserable world,cuz I stand to lose nothing but gain everything,what's d point in striving,struggling to stay alive only to die another day?I wouldn't miss that opportunity for the whole world,and yes ts a sin! A very deadly sin cuz one myt nt be very lucky to ask for forgiveness before death comes knocking.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by jmoore(m): 7:42am On Feb 15, 2015
softysparky:
Peter did, 3 good times.

And he is still St. Peter the apostle.

And he laughed after he denied him, abi?
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 15, 2015
jmoore:

And he laughed after he denied him, abi?
Did you see that in my post
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Horllamideh(m): 7:45am On Feb 15, 2015
Badgers14:

But what about St . Peter
Bro Peter is essential to the propagation of the gospel. Jesus asked that God will give him the grace to continue after his denial....remember that the same Peter that denied his Lord was the one that converted 3000 souls to the Lord on the day of pentecost....Back to the question,it is a 'grave' sin but the person that denied Jesus can be reinstated back into the fold and that is through "grace"....Not everybody can be as lucky as St. Peter because i think Judas ought to have been granted heavenly pardon too. Happy sunday y'all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by jmoore(m): 7:50am On Feb 15, 2015
softysparky:

Did you see that in my post
Is that the answer to the topic? undecided

Luke 22- ” 60 But Peter said, “Man, I do not know what you are talking about.” And immediately, while he was still speaking, the rooster crowed. 61 And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. And Peter remembered the saying of the Lord, how he had said to him, “Before the rooster crows today, you will deny me three times.” 62 And he went out and wept bitterly.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by jerrymej(m): 7:53am On Feb 15, 2015
Profkomolafe:
e depend on the type of death grin grin grin grin

Hey!
Lies has no grade!
On this issue nothing depends here!
If you lie at any point of difficulties, it's recorded a sin.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by ItsOquakes(m): 7:54am On Feb 15, 2015
if after the persn deny finish dey kum still kill am the story neva finish??i believe one should just be faithful to the very end

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by jerrymej(m): 8:03am On Feb 15, 2015
Hmmm
Reading some peoples comment 'll get you confuse (if your mind is not strong and made up firmly with God).

Go and deny him because peter did that na, see that one wey say it depends on the death! where did he state it that you can deny him base on the death that comes your way??

If its your pastors that's preaching this to you all, then he's leading into the pot hell.
You just 've to quit from that church and find a light in another church where the truth 'll mot be hidden from you...

Don't forget when you deny him in the presence of people, he'll as well deny you in the presence of his father! (It's a promise)..

Hmmm
Happy sunday to all members of Apostolic faith, wish your day a delighted one.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by obaayo2: 8:04am On Feb 15, 2015
Texykool:

In most cases where people are asked to deny Christ or risk death and they chose to deny Christ, they were still killed after the denial.

Any good Christian should not even mention Peter in this matter grin . Jesus had to first exemplify his love by dying before his disciple can follow suit.

Have you bothered to enquire how Peter eventually died
on the cross upside down
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by greatnow: 8:19am On Feb 15, 2015
Use your brain

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by 989900: 8:23am On Feb 15, 2015
Don't play Judge. Judgement is reserved for God, and him alone—he knows our 'makeup' more than we or anyone else does, he can see through us. OTOH, situations no matter how similar, are largely very unique, and different.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Begino1: 8:25am On Feb 15, 2015
Christians in Iraq are facing these challenges now. Isis beheaded some children who refused to denounce their faith and people heard them saying "we love yeshua" before the jihadist beheaded them. As for Peter in the Bible, he denied jésus the first time but was later crucified upside down for his belief in christ. Our prayers should be that grace to endure to the end should be given to us even when we face death for our faith in christ. It's not by power nor by might but by my spirit says the Lord. Stephen was given that grace and was even praying for his murderers and he became the first martyr.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Kingsasian(m): 8:29am On Feb 15, 2015
Why ask the question when u have the answers....Rev 2:10.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by BERNIMOORE: 8:36am On Feb 15, 2015
softysparky:
Peter did, 3 good times.

Peters case was a prediction and 'a one off' situation to fuffil a prophecy, lucky enough peter sobs bitterly in Jesus presence and later Jesus still appear to peter to "lead the flock; the apostles" evidently shows that peter is forgiven, but if you deny Christ now you are on your own

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by OYAY(m): 8:42am On Feb 15, 2015
Of course it is a sin because your denying him will not guarantee your living,hence remain steadfast and hold on to Jesus to the point of death so that you can get the crown of glory!
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 15, 2015
I personally believe its not sinful because God, himself, understands....and its all about the heart
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by igbo2011(m): 8:50am On Feb 15, 2015
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Chinaimporter: 8:57am On Feb 15, 2015
[size=18pt]I dnt need to be threatned to deny christ...... I denied christ for a plate of sallah ram paper soup last year[/size]

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 15, 2015
Which kind question be this na
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 15, 2015
helphelp:
Of course it is a sin...

Meanwhile, why not try your luck, don't deny Christ, it might be your one way ticket to heaven after your many many atrocities on earth...

That above, is thinking outside the box

more like thinking in the box ( coffin )
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 15, 2015
Texykool:

In most cases where people are asked to deny Christ or risk death and they chose to deny Christ, they were still killed after the denial.

Any good Christian should not even mention Peter in this matter grin . Jesus had to first exemplify his love by dying before his disciple can follow suit.

Have you bothered to enquire how Peter eventually died

He died nailed to a cross upside down

I also know one of the disciples was boiled in a vat of oil
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by 2goodbobo(m): 9:39am On Feb 15, 2015
Even when a gun is pointed to your head, don't deny Christ. The bible urges us not to be afraid of he that killeth the body but he that can kill both the body and the soul. So yes is a sin.

Your serving God shouldn't be restricted to good times but also bad and dangerous times.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by hensben(m): 9:43am On Feb 15, 2015
softysparky:
Peter did, 3 good times.

And he is still St. Peter the apostle.
Because it has been written in order for salvation to be fulfilled.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by 11Eleven: 9:46am On Feb 15, 2015
If you deny Jesus once at point of death, You will always deny him again and again if the same circumstances presents itself. Because you want to stay alive. Christians don't want to die...but they want to go to Heaven.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Abbey2sam(m): 9:52am On Feb 15, 2015
chrysso83:
Biggest sin one can commit. U ve denied ur lord and personal savoir.

how is it the biggest sin

thought Saint Peters denied jesus thrice
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by theunusualmoon(m): 9:58am On Feb 15, 2015
Many of you keep saying Judas was not forgiven.That is a bit difficult to tell because if he had not committed suicide out of guilt, he probably would have ended up strengthening the evangelical crusade just like peter and ofcourse........die in a fashion similar to that of Peter or steven.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by muizzolajide(m): 10:08am On Feb 15, 2015
Not sinful at all, because if u re dead because of him, u will b denied in heaven
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by inspiROHM(m): 10:12am On Feb 15, 2015
In one word: VERY
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by deScifa(m): 10:13am On Feb 15, 2015
who is Christ?
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by ignis: 10:13am On Feb 15, 2015
It's a very serious sin.
Re: Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 15, 2015
Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat of Death?
Oh Yeah! i Know every body would say it's sinful, lets see the strong And Faithful in christ now ==========
Lets Answer dis question with all sincerity
Okay supposing A giant-macho-looking-menance man as fit as Arnold Swhazzeneger, holding a powerful METAL BLADE...,comes to your church when you were worshipping and he says...IF U ARE FOR JESUS STEP FORWARD, AND THEN D FIRST PERSON THAT STEPS FORWARD WAS BEHEADED Instanta! And then d giant menance says who else?
Would you deny Jesus christ ur lord and saviour to escape death, or Hold firm to ur faith and face the death penalty.
Be sincere And answer dis question by Quoting me, don't lie o becoz God knows our inner most thoughts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Introduced Corruption Into The Church -primate Ayodele Slams OBJ / Kumuyi Seeks Support For Church’s Plan To Check Unemployment / Benny Hinn In Lagos! (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.