Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,749 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" (21689 Views)

PDP Likely Winner Of Borno Central By-election / Oyo State 2015 Gubernatorial Election, The Likely Winner / Jonathan Remains The Best Man To Move Nigeria Forward – David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by watchman111: 1:08pm On Feb 15, 2015
saintandsinnerz:
PDP has the better structure to win the election. I have said it before that it will take an extra-ordinary effort to oust the PDP led govt. Don't be deceived by the noises in the social media, they are what they are-noises. How do you expect a party that controls virtually all the state apparatus to lose an election in this part of the world? Nigeria is not yet ripe where an Incumbent president loses an election. Elections in Ngeria are won mostly with resources, so the party that has the larger chunk of the resources usually wins the election. What happened in Cote Ivoire and some other African countries (where the incumbent president lost an election) cannot happen in Nigeria. The reason is simple: Nigerians are so divided along ethnic and religious lines that it becomes impossible to forge a common front on issues. What I'm saying is that tribal and religious sentiments have eaten deep into our system. Once again, never you believe that PDP will lose to APC, the odds are very slim. Even the bookmakers have slashed the odd of PDP winning the election.
P.s just my opinion though and it is not reflective of other peoples opinion!
true sir...
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by geoworldedu: 1:09pm On Feb 15, 2015
I decided to take to a newspaper stand today, at least to hear the people's opinion about the election come March 28. Earlier, having been depending on news on the internet as well as on papers, I gave it to BUHARI. To find out if I was right or wrong, I visited the stand. To my utmost surprise, only one guy was shouting in favour of Jonathan. It was amazing!!!!

My people, don't let's deceive ourselves, it is definitely GMB that's taking the day. One thing I have always known is that, WHEN SOMEONE POSTPONES FIGHT EVERY NOW AND THEN, ONE THING IS CERTAIN; HE IS CERTAIN THAT HE WILL LOSE, THAT'S WHY!

I remembered Bash Ali vs Terry Ray's fight in those days. The latter was postponing the fight until at the end, the contest held and Bash Ali burst him up.

Jonathan is certainly another Terry Ray who is afraid of defeat.
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by geoworldedu: 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2015
I decided to take to a newspaper stand today, at least to hear the people's opinion about the election come March 28. Earlier, having been depending on news on the internet as well as on papers, I gave it to BUHARI. To find out if I was right or wrong, I visited the stand. To my utmost surprise, only one guy was shouting in favour of Jonathan. It was amazing!!!!

My people, don't let's deceive ourselves, it is definitely GMB that's taking the day. One thing I have always known is that, WHEN SOMEONE POSTPONES FIGHT EVERY NOW AND THEN, ONE THING IS CERTAIN; HE IS CERTAIN THAT HE WILL LOSE, THAT'S WHY!

See GEJ postponing the contest grin
I remembered Bash Ali vs Terry Ray's fight in those days. The latter was postponing the fight until at the end, the contest held and Bash Ali burst him up.

Jonathan is certainly another Terry Ray who is afraid of defeat.

SAI BUHARI!!!
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by tsdarkside(m): 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2015
BabaO2:
“It is uncertain whether any provisions will be made for voters in the three northern states placed under a state of emergency because of Boko Haram, as well as the estimated one million people displaced by the insurgency.

“These displaced voters would likely support Buhari and the APC;[b] their exclusion would benefit Jonathan [/b]and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Thus despite the strength of the opposition, Jonathan remains the likely—but not certain—winner.”

Then why the postponement of the election. Jonathan can not lead this country beyond May 28.

uhmmm......one million people displaced...and some people think this is childs play......
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by tivta(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
Mtchew!
Enough of all these Baba Ijebu permutations & predictions.

Last Bullet
Every sane Nigerian want Buhari.

It only ojoro that PDP ll use to win
. Speak for yourself mr man. If you were alive during buhari's regime (or your father) you won't dare make that ridiculous statement. Yes Johnathan is bad but buhari is worse.

1 Like

Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 15, 2015
SuperModerator:

Seems GEJ has gained more from the insurgency.

Buhari won't kill his potential voters.

Hope you are pondering what I'm pondering

My dear I have said this several times in the past, that GEJ has benefited most from the unrest in Northern Nigeria...hence why I am always surprised that any half thinking adult would say Buhari is behind Boko Haram when the real sponsor is GEJ!!!!

As long as there is unrest in the North 80% of the people there won't vote, hence giving GEJ an automatic victory.

Have you all forgotten it was after the late General Azazi said he found proof that PDP are the sponsors of Boko Haram that his helicopter was bombed?

It's about time we all face up to the truth, GEJ in an evil genius.

Yet some people want to deliberately vote for this anti christ?

I pray for Nigeria, Buhari has to win for all our sakes
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by BabaO2: 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
utytill:
OBJ ntorrr!
Who is Campbell where OBJ is talking and moreover talking about Nigeria politics, we shall see. Jonathan can not win this election by every reasonable calculation on a level playing ground. OBJ has spoken and i believed him.
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by freshtimi(m): 1:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
Even tho buhari isnt d best option,GeJ isnt an option at all...too much much corruption
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by thaoriginator: 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2015
Nice one Mr Campbell. Keep giving them hope till it clears from their eyes.

March4Buhari
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by mickeymimi: 1:34pm On Feb 15, 2015
his jonathan is using this insurgency to do so many things.
The boko haram issue had all along been there before the former election date was scheduled and the mere idea of postponing it seems manipulative and as expected has generated so much speculations and theories.
Why is a possible Buhari presidency such a threat to the members of this class? Why is the ruling party so scared of an effort by INEC to get our election right through the card reader machine? The powers and discretion to conduct free, fair and credible elections in March/April resides with him. A leader will always bear the consequences of his actions or inactions.
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by bewla(m): 1:38pm On Feb 15, 2015
how u s a kill abiola pls no try this
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by OpeDwarroir: 1:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
akpanoka:
Jonathan Remains Likely Winner of Elections – Campbell 0
BY JUMOKE ON FEBRUARY 15, 2015 GOVERNMENT

Former United States’ ambassador to Nigeria, John Campbell has said that President Goodluck Jonathan remains the likely winner of the March 28 polls despite the strength of the opposition.

Campbell made this declaration in a new report published and released by the US’ Council on Foreign Relations.

The report titled Nigeria’s 2015 Presidential Election: Contingency Planning Memorandum Update,’ read “The APC is stronger than its predecessors (Action Congress of Nigeria and Congress for Progressives Change) and reflects a splintering of the political classes.

“The government’s inability to defeat Boko Haram, the economic hardships brought on by falling oil prices, and a growing public perception that the Jonathan administration is weak has fuelled support for the All Progressives Congress. Though the APC’s voter base is in the North, it enjoys support all over the country, unlike the opposition in 2011.

“It is uncertain whether any provisions will be made for voters in the three northern states placed under a state of emergency because of Boko Haram, as well as the estimated one million people displaced by the insurgency.

“These displaced voters would likely support Buhari and the APC; their exclusion would benefit Jonathan and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Thus despite the strength of the opposition, Jonathan remains the likely—but not certain—winner.”

http://www.theheraldng.com/jonathan-remains-likely-winner-elections-campbell/?fb_ref=Default&fb_source=message

#NIGERIANSNEEDGEJ
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by DTaj: 1:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
bloodyki1ler:
Gej till Buhari dies of high bp

IT SHOULD ACTUALLY BE WRITTEN LIKE THIS: "BUHARI TILL YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY, CLAN, AND VILLAGE DIES OF STROKE".

How could you wish death upon Buhari? The blood money PDP gives your entire clan? Religious hatred? Tribal bigotry?

God save your soul!
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by appini: 1:54pm On Feb 15, 2015
GEJ all the way
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by EmmySparky(m): 1:59pm On Feb 15, 2015
Fvck campbell...who cares what he thinks
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by Billygee2u: 2:01pm On Feb 15, 2015
who doesn't know? every sane Nigerian ,even the APC knows too
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by kate3: 2:20pm On Feb 15, 2015
CERTAIN.
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by porka: 2:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
Mtchew!
Enough of all these Baba Ijebu permutations & predictions.

Last Bullet
Every sane Nigerian want Buhari.

It only ojoro that PDP ll use to win

But John Campbell has been a consistent supporter of the North and Buhari in particular.
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by porka: 2:59pm On Feb 15, 2015
BabaO2:

Who is Campbell where OBJ is talking and moreover talking about Nigeria politics, we shall see. Jonathan can not win this election by every reasonable calculation on a level playing ground. OBJ has spoken and i believed him.

Obasanjo is not a politician.

He relies on some erstwhile political structure.

That structure, though used to be formidable, has been systematically decimated over these past 8 years, first by Umaru Yaradua, and now by some extremely hawkish tendencies in Jonathan's administration.

As Nigeria is configured now, Obasanjo is using his past goodwill which discerning minds will agree does not amount to much.

The way Nigeria dares the US, the UK and France these days make Obasanjo's international/CIA connection more of a liability for Buhari than an asset.

After the election, whoever wins, even Buhari, will complete the total decimation of Obasanjo structure. They will rehabilitate him in person though.

In another news, Kwakwanso and Atiku are set to come back to the PDP. Saraki is seriously giving it a thought.

You heard it first here.
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by mbaboy(m): 3:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
SuperModerator:

you are a big fool if you can't apprehend a simple statement
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by BabaO2: 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2015
porka:

Obasanjo is not a politician.

He relies on some erstwhile political structure.

That structure, though used to be formidable, has been systematically decimated over these past 8 years, first by Umaru Yaradua, and now by some extremely hawkish tendencies in Jonathan's administration.

As Nigeria is configured now, Obasanjo is using his past goodwill which discerning minds will agree does not amount to much.

The way Nigeria dares the US, the UK and France these days make Obasanjo's international/CIA connection more of a liability for Buhari than an asset.

After the election, whoever wins, even Buhari, will complete the total decimation of Obasanjo structure. They will rehabilitate him in person though.

In another news, Kwakwanso and Atiku are set to come back to the PDP. Saraki is seriously giving it a thought.

You heard it first here.
could that be the reason for the election postponement so that they can come back to PDP?. Terrorism will increase in Nigeria because of all these barbaric acts of Jonathan. Mark that statement, you first heard it here. Jonathan sight is provoking...
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by Haqq4young(m): 3:15pm On Feb 15, 2015
Story 4 d gods. . Na by mouth!
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by Chigold101(m): 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
SuperModerator:

if APCs are truthful people they will remember that GEJ said he wants every Nigeria to vote that is why he called for poll shifting.
But APCheats said election should hold with more than 26million voters that have not collected their PVC. Anti People‘s Congress are confortable with out 26million voters. Tell me APC/GMB & GEJ/PDP who is more interested in the Nigerian voters?
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by hollandis(f): 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2015
Seun will not put thid kind of news in front page
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by Solowande(m): 3:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
SuperModerator:

Keep pondering, mr ponderer
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by otukpo(f): 3:53pm On Feb 15, 2015
GEJ till 2019.
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by Chigold101(m): 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2015
BabaO2:

could that be the reason for the election postponement so that they can come back to PDP?. Terrorism will increase in Nigeria because of all these barbaric acts of Jonathan. Mark that statement, you first heard it here. Jonathan sight is provoking...
so for your mind election should have help when more than 20million Nigerians have not collected their PVCs? INEC & the world knew that the electoral body is not even ready yet as now.

GEJ loves Nigerians & he has shown it many ways. All these media propaganda against him will one day crumble.
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by Soso990240(m): 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2015
SuperModerator:

u dnt get it.did he say they will be excluded? No. Unles u call boko haram boys buhari potential voters.
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by dam007(m): 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
akpanoka:
Jonathan Remains Likely Winner of Elections – Campbell 0
BY JUMOKE ON FEBRUARY 15, 2015 GOVERNMENT

Former United States’ ambassador to Nigeria, John Campbell has said that President Goodluck Jonathan remains the likely winner of the March 28 polls despite the strength of the opposition.

Campbell made this declaration in a new report published and released by the US’ Council on Foreign Relations.

The report titled Nigeria’s 2015 Presidential Election: Contingency Planning Memorandum Update,’ read “The APC is stronger than its predecessors (Action Congress of Nigeria and Congress for Progressives Change) and reflects a splintering of the political classes.

“The government’s inability to defeat Boko Haram, the economic hardships brought on by falling oil prices, and a growing public perception that the Jonathan administration is weak has fuelled support for the All Progressives Congress. Though the APC’s voter base is in the North, it enjoys support all over the country, unlike the opposition in 2011.

“These displaced voters would likely support Buhari and the APC; their exclusion would benefit Jonathan and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Thus despite the strength of the opposition, Jonathan remains the likely—but not certain—winner.”

http://www.theheraldng.com/jonathan-remains-likely-winner-elections-campbell/?fb_ref=Default&fb_source=message
I say STFU!! Let Nigerians decide.. What the hell is wrong with these white folks tryna incite! Geeeze.. I grow tired of their endless speculations! Haba when it was Romney V Obama did anyone say anything to suggest the outcome of the polls?? They go about passing all sorts of unnecessary comments. Smh. Let them stay off the arena and watch from their screens!
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by Chigold101(m): 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2015
BabaO2:

so for your mind election should have help when more than 20million Nigerians have not collected their PVCs? INEC & the world knew that the electoral body is not even ready yet as now.

GEJ loves Nigerians & he has shown it many ways. All these media propaganda against him will one day crumble...
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by uncjay(m): 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
All I see is many folks supporting GEJ sentimentally, the fact is that they don't even know why they are supporting him....
Re: John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" by BabaO2: 4:29pm On Feb 15, 2015
Chigold101:

GEJ loves Nigerians & he has shown it many ways. All these media propaganda against him will one day crumble.

How can a candidate and a participant force INEC to change election date about a week to the election. Ofcourse change in date should have been announced much earlier say 3 months away at least. If Jonathan and PDP did not mop up uncollected PVC from INEC across Nigeria, by March 8 you will see that millions of PCV will still be uncollected.
It is worrisome not to know the reason why National election we are all stakeholders will be postponed: INEC clearly stated they were ready, even on the day of the coup announcement, Jega still maintained that they were ready but security people said they were not ready
Yesterday on Channels Doyin Okupe said INEC was not ready. How did he know?
Security Adviser initially said in London that many PVCs were yet to be collected, but after listening to the strong stand of INEC, he brought out blackmail joker that was beyond Jega, that all security resources will be diverted to North East.
However, i dont know or have seen what Jonathan has done if you can list just few. I dont take repair or painting airport or patching road roads as an achievements.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aminu Yahaya-Sharif: Appeal Court Sets Aside Death Sentence Against Kano Singer / Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi / 4 Ex-Governors, 21 Other Senators Sponsor no Bill In 10 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.