Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,004 members, 7,821,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Election Strategies & Supporters Of The PDP & APC Analysed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Strategies & Supporters Of The PDP & APC Analysed (733 Views)

Supporters Of Atiku Abubakar & Kwankwaso Clash In Jada, Adamawa (Photos) / Police Arrest Supporters Of Nnamdi Kanu, Radio Biafra Director - Vanguard / Buhari, Tinubu, Other APC Leaders Map Out Election Strategies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election Strategies & Supporters Of The PDP & APC Analysed by joeyfire(m): 10:47am On Feb 15, 2015
Saw this on FB.

The two major parties have a few things in common but differ greatly in election strategy. I will start with the APC and then the PDP.
Personally, I feel the APC has 2 major strategies to win the elections. The first strategy was to use professionals through social media and mainstream media to propagate 'Change'. You can see this strategy profoundly in Twitter (Ogundamisi et al), on CNN with Amanpour making a fool of herself with rehearsed interviews.

The second strategy split Nigeria into North and South. In the North, they managed to get the educated ones on social media, and also preach to the mostly illiterate population that it is their right to rule Nigeria, albeit with religious sentiments. In the South, they preach 'change' to the mostly literate population. Here, people want to be seen as detribalised, modern or super educated. No educated man wants to be seen to be avoiding change. Change is preached in every Industry especially since the world economy hit rock bottom. This is total blackmail. What the educated people in the south failed to ask is 'change to what?'. Some even said that they will vote APC even if the presidential candidate does not have an educational certificate. These APC strategies threw up followers motivated by different things.

Now this is the reality. Those who support Buhari (APC) are the following - those who own oil wells with expiring licenses (afraid that Jonathan (PDP) will not renew them), those who are afraid of what the 2016 census will throw up (because population distribution of Nigeria is wrong and new technologies might expose those huge concentrations in the north). those who lost the political tussle in PDP ( followers of Amaechi, South westerners who are in the opposition and may feel a bit out of the center), Religious extremists in the North who feel it is their right to govern Nigeria, South easterners who live abroad and do not know whats going on in Nigeria and just wants to join the 'change wagon'.

To me there is absolutely nothing about 'change' in their campaign except changing the President himself. I will not feel proud as a Nigerian to have their candidate as my president.

The PDP has just one strategy. They feel they can use their huge support base around the country, spread money around and just coast to victory.

It shocked them to learn how much the opposition party has eaten into their support base. They got into the social media a bit late. The only hope for PDP is just that those who realize the hogwash of APC have no other option but to vote Jonathan. This PDP strategy therefore threw up another group of supporters - those who are currently profiting from the present government, those who are afraid of loosing their freedom (antecedents of the APC candidate), those who may profit from the next oil licence allocation, those who want continuity in the transformational strategy of the incumbent, those who know that the call for change is fraudulent, and finally some of us who know the truth. You may ask why I said that some of us who know the truth will support Jonathan. No real change is possible in Nigeria without discarding the present CONSTITUTION. The Nigeria constitution is the problem with Nigeria. Nigeria should be the United States of Nigeria with a proper federal structure like the United States of America.

There is too much power at the center. Now, who can change the constitution?. Only the majority party has the slightest chance to change it and only determined individuals in this majority party, without ulterior motives, can force this change through? The last constitutional conference is a prelude to that change. That's the reason I am voting the Jonathan (PDP). Every other discussion about integrity, corruption, change and discipline is a waste of time.

This is a very personal opinion and should also not be construed to have same reflection in the gubernatorial and other elections. Most of those other elections will depend largely on the individuals presented by the parties. On a very personal note, Ibrahim Shema, present governor of Katsina state, would have been the president Nigerians are looking for.

1 Like

Re: Election Strategies & Supporters Of The PDP & APC Analysed by darksuit(m): 10:54am On Feb 15, 2015
booked,
and what is ur own opinion
Re: Election Strategies & Supporters Of The PDP & APC Analysed by joeyfire(m): 11:12am On Feb 15, 2015
darksuit:
booked,
and what is ur own opinion

I agree with the writer 100%
Re: Election Strategies & Supporters Of The PDP & APC Analysed by Freelancer00(m): 11:17am On Feb 15, 2015
He's an ass looking his share of the 21 billion. Who's dividing the country more? He needs to go back and watch the campaign videos of both parties before spewing trash.

1 Like

Re: Election Strategies & Supporters Of The PDP & APC Analysed by temitemi1(m): 11:19am On Feb 15, 2015
GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Election Strategies & Supporters Of The PDP & APC Analysed by darksuit(m): 11:19am On Feb 15, 2015
joeyfire:

I agree with the writer 100%
Good

Then i disagree with you 100%
Before u think of asking me why
Why?@u

P.S.- The writer is a PDP supporter

1 Like

Re: Election Strategies & Supporters Of The PDP & APC Analysed by mperoakeem(m): 11:54am On Feb 15, 2015
all i see is a one sided article supporting pdp...

1 Like

Re: Election Strategies & Supporters Of The PDP & APC Analysed by nwafuluozoh: 12:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
Very apt. Only the very gullible will fall for the APC change crap.
At the end of it all GEJ will win because darkness can never withstand light.
GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Come, Suddenly Pdp Is Giving Up Hope On Election Victory / Saharareporters Censorship! / What Can You Say About This Business Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.