Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) (949 Views)

Adichie Condems Buhari's Govt In Blistering New York Times Op-ed / Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears / Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) by Sprintson(m): 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2015
Let me share my first chapter and see the response.
CHAPTER 1
My name is Edwin Combs,though Ed' Combs i'd like to be called. I live with my parents in Thomasen a small surburb in Springfield,Illinois in my beautiful country United States Of America.
Am a boy of eight years without any brother or sister but loads of friends chiefly among them are Tom,jeffery and Harry.
During weekdays,Aunt Chloe my nanny comes as soon as am about to leave for school and goes home in the evening after mum had returned from work.
But all that changed few weeks ago when some good young man came and married Aunt Chloe off and i became a free man once again in my life; though i heard the man worked for the US marines.
With Aunt Chloe married, Ed' Combs freely got the time to be with the little gang of four.
My friends usually come around late afternoons and stayed till their parents returned from work but i heard Mum complaining to dad many times that the task was too much for her {now whatever that means i do not kn ot and am not bothered.
This evening was one of such days that my gang came,left amd mum complained as usual ( sometimes it makes me wonder if a little boy can't have his space anymore).
When Mrs.Fish took my friends home, i stood at the window and watched enjoying them realising the bitter truth that in our large house its just my parents and i alone...........
" ED " mum's voice brought me back.
yeah" i answered.
Why are you quiet?
Nothing"
come lets have dinner" she said as she worked on the dinning set.
I hopped on a seat.
Re: The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) by Cybershow(m): 1:25pm On Feb 15, 2015
Let me tak my seat nd cal d oda boss..Sprintson read my story via d 1st link on my signature post and pls vote 4 me via d 2nd link pls
Re: The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) by Sprintson(m): 1:31pm On Feb 15, 2015
No yawa bros...we deh your back
Re: The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) by Sprintson(m): 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2015
Dad son joined us and after some minutes of eating in silence he said.
"Ed my dear we have discovered new ways of keeping you busy during this vacation.
(I continued eating as though i never heard a thing but various pictures of cartoons filled my head and i was quite glad dad finally came up with this talk atleast it means FUN).
You mother and I have decided you would do better in Mrs.Bookwoms class " dad said "
(i almost fainted ) dad "i said" why Mrs.Bookwom?
You see my son,she has the nicest collection of books to keep you busy and you are gonna like it "dad continued"
Yeah Ed , Mrs.Bookwoms the right place for you "mum joined"
Dad " you know i suffered flu last year at those classes and ....
Ed" i know that was because we just returned from the Himalayas "dad said"
But dad she's evil "i stood my ground"
Ed' "mum interrupted " she's not and with time you will love her.
But dad you never attended classes yet you are successful "i fought on"
That was because my parents couldnt not afford my class fee's but you are lucky i can pay yours.
<i didnt want to say anything further,i just kept quiet and left the table since meal was over, now my parents were happy as though they just won the oscars and i the scape goat felt like killing my self and be a loss to the Combs family at large>
Re: The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) by Cybershow(m): 2:28pm On Feb 15, 2015
Sprintson:
No yawa bros...we deh your back
Alrit i hear u o...d story dae mak sense
Re: The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) by Sprintson(m): 10:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
When i get comments from people i will go ahead with my chapter 2
Re: The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) by Cybershow(m): 10:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
Sprintson:
When i get comments from people i will go ahead with my chapter 2
Am here pls cont.. and am waitin 4 ur vote o
Re: The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) by Sprintson(m): 8:18am On Feb 16, 2015
Jux explain how i am to vote for u.i dnt c d link u wr talkn abt
Re: The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) by Cybershow(m): 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2015
Sprintson:
Jux explain how i am to vote for u.i dnt c d link u wr talkn abt
K..This z d link https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/49#30663858 dat z d link
Re: The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) by Sprintson(m): 11:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
I have done it already
Re: The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) by Sprintson(m): 7:34am On Apr 10, 2015
Cybershow hw far with your contention?
Re: The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) by Sprintson(m): 6:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hello I will be back with my work soon
Re: The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) by Sprintson(m): 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
Patience
Re: The Summer Tales Of Ed Combs (my New Book) by Sprintson(m): 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
Thanking all those that have read my book offline and those who are expecting some updates. Sorry I was out of town and trying to put some touches before printing..selah

(1) (Reply)

10 Amaizing Facts U Wouldn't Wana Believe / Christmas Eve / Good Morning Habits For A Successful Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.