Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya (4258 Views)

15 Hunters Beheaded By Boko Haram In Borno / Oluwatogun-Olunleye, Soldier Beheaded By Boko Haram In Baga, Borno / Video Of 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by Kingspin(m): 3:29am On Feb 16, 2015
Islamic State: Egyptian Christians
held in Libya 'killed'
Egyptians had protested earlier this
week calling for the return of the
kidnapped Copts A video has emerged showing the
beheadings purportedly of 21
Egyptian Christians who had been
kidnapped by Islamic State (IS)
militants in Libya. The footage shows a group wearing
orange overalls, being forced to the
ground and then decapitated. Egypt reserves the right to respond in
any way it sees fit, its President Abdel
Fattah al-Sisi has said. IS militants claim to have carried out
several attacks in Libya, which is in
effect without a government. However, with many armed groups
operating in Libya, it is not clear how
much power IS actually wields. National mourning The kidnapped Egyptian workers, all
Coptic Christians, were seized in
December and January from the
coastal town of Sirte in eastern Libya,
now under the control of Islamist
groups. The video of the beheadings was
posted online by Libyan jihadists who
pledge loyalty to IS. A caption made it
clear the men were targeted because
of their faith. "Egypt and the whole world are in a
fierce battle with extremist groups
carrying extremist ideology and
sharing the same goals," President Sisi
said. The beheadings were described as
"barbaric" by al-Azhar, the highly
regarded theological institution which
is based in Egypt. The Coptic church said it was
"confident" Egypt would exact
retribution. Egypt has declared seven
days of national mourning. Libya has been in turmoil since 2011
and the overthrow of its then-leader,
Col Muammar Gaddafi. Since then, numerous other militia
groups have battled for control. The head of the US Defense
Intelligence Agency warned last
month that IS was assembling "a
growing international footprint that
includes ungoverned and under-
governed areas", including Libya. Analysis - Orla Guerin, BBC News,
Cairo The five-minute video shows hostages
in orange jumpsuits being marched
along a beach, each accompanied by a
masked militant. The men are made to
kneel before they are simultaneously
beheaded. Most were from a poor village in Upper
Egypt where some relatives fainted on
hearing the news. A caption
accompanying the video made it clear
the hostages were targeted because
of their faith. It referred to the victims as "people of the cross, followers of
the hostile Egyptian church". There's speculation here that Egypt
may now consider airstrikes across
the border. President Abdel Fattah al-
Sisi has said in the past that militants in
Libya are a danger not just to Egypt,
but also to the Middle East. Rival governments Libya has two rival governments, one
based in Tripoli, the other in Tobruk.
Meanwhile, the eastern city of
Benghazi, headquarters of the 2011
revolution, is largely in the hands of
Islamist fighters, some with links to al- Qaeda. On Sunday, Italy closed its embassy in
Tripoli. Italy, the former colonial
power, lies less than 500 miles
(750km) from Libya at the shortest sea
crossing point. Italian Premier Matteo Renzi has been
calling for the UN to intervene in Libya.
Thousands of migrants use the Libyan
coast as a starting point to flee the
violence and attempt to reach the EU. UK Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond
condemned the beheadings. "Such barbaric acts strengthen our
determination to work with our
partners to counter the expanding
terrorist threat to Libya and the
region," he said. On Sunday, President Sisi banned all
travel to Libya by Egyptian citizens. Despite the turmoil in Libya, thousands
of Egyptians go to the country looking
for work. There had been demonstrations in
Egypt calling on the government to do
more to secure the release of those
held.
www.bbc.com
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by owobokiri(m): 4:03am On Feb 16, 2015
And somebody is calling for American intervention in Nigeria to fight boko haram when American intervention in a more peacefull libya gave them ISIS. . It is NOT a coincidence that everywhere they go, after tens of thousands of air strikes, bombings and bloodsheds in the name of peace, what you see is more crises and worse situations . Pitching one group against the other while funding both from behind just to encourage mayhem.. Total destablisation of developing countries has become a foreign policy tool of NATO countries desperate to maintain western global dominance in the face of a rising China. .

3 Likes

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by jeffizy(m): 4:10am On Feb 16, 2015
If the king of terror OSAMA got served in the end, I believe the IS will have their cup full and running over soon too.
Killing people for their faith is never part of ANY doctrine .

1 Like

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by zangiff(m): 4:11am On Feb 16, 2015
just tired of all these....things r falling apart seriously
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by Empiree: 4:17am On Feb 16, 2015
owobokiri:
And somebody is calling for American intervention in Nigeria to fight boko haram when American intervention in a more peacefull libya gave them ISIS. . It is NOT a coincidence that everywhere they go, after tens of thousands of air strikes, bombings and bloodsheds in the name of peace, what you see is more crises and worse situations . Pitching one group against the other while funding both from behind just to encourage mayhem.. Total destablisation of developing countries has become a foreign policy tool of NATO countries desperate to maintain western global dominance in the face of a rising China. .

1 Like

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by nzeobi(m): 4:54am On Feb 16, 2015
Hope some people to blame GEJ for this people thinking and believe

1 Like

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by Akon419(m): 5:14am On Feb 16, 2015

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by Akon419(m): 5:16am On Feb 16, 2015
Religion of peace

1 Like

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by clevvermind(m): 5:49am On Feb 16, 2015
It's time for God to judge this wicked terrorist group. Their days are numbered.
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by Arysexy(m): 6:17am On Feb 16, 2015
Fvck moreHARMmade 1 million times.

Bastard trumpet with a Bastard islamic cult called religion of piss and shyt.
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by Empiree: 6:26am On Feb 16, 2015
Fact remains that Libya was peaceful under Qaddafi until Judea/christian terrorists got rid of him and made Libya a NATO country. Blame Islam all you want. It doesn't solve a thing. Don't know why people are so quick to forget things. I am sure there were many Christians and Muslims cheering on the death of Qaddafi.

So this is the same fate that awaits Nigeria but I hope not. Only matter of time before you people realize that Islam is not guilty of this.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 16, 2015
Buhari will end all terrorist activities. From ISIS to Alkaidaa. From Libya to Iraq and Syria and Denmark and Germany. Jonathan's inaction and cluelessness is the root cause of terror everywhere. May 29th is the day all terrorists everywhere will disappear. Bokoharam will then start a drive to get all Muslims to embrace western education. All arbitrary killings of Christians and Jews and Hindus and even Muslim on muslim slaughters will stop.

5 Likes

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by armadeo(m): 8:13am On Feb 16, 2015
Empiree:
Fact remains that Libya was peaceful under Qaddafi until Judea/christian terrorists got rid of him and made Libya a NATO country. Blame Islam all you want. It doesn't solve a thing. Don't know why people are so quick to forget things. I am sure there were many Christians and Muslims cheering on the death of Qaddafi.

So this is the same fate that awaits Nigeria but I hope not. Only matter of time before you people realize that Islam is guilty of this.

Fixed.

No matter how you play it Islamic fundamentalist are guilty.

1 Like

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by tociano009(m): 8:24am On Feb 16, 2015
That is why I pity some goat here on nairaland who always talk about USA to come and help Nigeria to fight Bokoharam, because I was in Libya whenw the revolution started and I know how libya is, but I mmediately American intervene they scattered everything even all the rebel in Libya are sponsored by American

2 Likes

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by harrwix(m): 8:27am On Feb 16, 2015
This was one of the most horrible news I saw....too bad God hv mercy
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by idupaul: 8:47am On Feb 16, 2015
Americans funding ISIS since 1859
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by Vado(m): 9:33am On Feb 16, 2015
Obama is such a pu33y. America was to an extent even firm and resolute in international politics and military campaigns during Bush era. Now USA is such a toothless bulldog nobody fears no more. People were chanting "change" before Obama came in too. May we not seek a change that'll slowly consume us.

1 Like

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by JayTeeA(f): 10:16am On Feb 16, 2015
hmmmmmm.. the age is wrapping up very fast.. God help us to b ready.. this is just sad..
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by OgologoDimkpa: 10:20am On Feb 16, 2015
Empiree:

So this is the same fate that awaits Nigeria but I hope not. Only matter of time before you people realize that Islam is not guilty of this.
Keep deceiving your self that Islam is not guilty of this.
The whole world knows that Islam is evil embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by johnie: 10:30am On Feb 16, 2015
Vado:
Obama is such a pu33y. America was to an extent even firm and resolute in international politics and military campaigns during Bush era. Now USA is such a toothless bulldog nobody fears no more. People were chanting "change" before Obama came in too. May we not seek a change that'll slowly consume us.

I wonder if this makes Obama clueless?
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by Onyejiuwaokoh: 10:33am On Feb 16, 2015
These countless blames will not solve the problem; in Libya they accuse USA, in Nigeria they accuse PDP. Now it has spread to Niger, Cameroon and Chad, who will they blame again. Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan and Syria is being pounded by the same group and I don't know whether PDP or GEJ could be responsible. Let us be sincere, the Islamic religious leaders should convey an international religion reform program in other to reform their teachings and mode of preachings. This will help to change the old inimical patterns and usher in friendly and peaceful relationship. Then it will no longer be inimical to human existence.

1 Like

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by wordcat(m): 10:47am On Feb 16, 2015
Empiree:
Fact remains that Libya was peaceful under Qaddafi until United States got rid of him and made Libya a NATO country. Blame Islam all you want. It doesn't solve a thing. Don't know why people are so quick to forget things. I am sure there were many Christians and Muslims cheering on the death of Qaddafi.

So this is the same fate that awaits Nigeria if we allow the United States to come and repeat what they did in Libya here in Nigeria but I hope not. Only matter of time before you people realize that Islam is STILL guilty of this.
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by sorextee(m): 10:54am On Feb 16, 2015
If Islam is a religion of peace, then where's the peace in what they are doing. It's only muslims I know (so far), that force people to join them or die. I wonder sometimes if animals watch us with pity, on how we slaughter one another, all in d name of religion.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by Atigba: 10:58am On Feb 16, 2015
clevvermind:
It's time for God to judge this wicked terrorist group. Their days are numbered.
Sorry they are killing fo God

1 Like

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by clevvermind(m): 11:00am On Feb 16, 2015
Atigba:

Sorry they are killing fo God
which God?
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:03am On Feb 16, 2015
Onyejiuwaokoh:
These countless blames will not solve the problem; in Libya they accuse USA, in Nigeria they accuse PDP. Now it has spread to Niger, Cameroon and Chad, who will they blame again. Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan and Syria is being pounded by the same group and I don't know whether PDP or GEJ could be responsible. Let us be sincere, the Islamic religious leaders should convey an international religion reform program in other to reform their teachings and mode of preachings. This will help to change the old inimical patterns and usher in friendly and peaceful relationship. Then it will no longer be inimical to human existence.
You have a point but the problem is that those leaders enjoy the killing and will do nothing to stop it instead they will be looking for America and Israel to blame.
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by gabrielahamz(m): 11:03am On Feb 16, 2015
The real tragedy of the matter is, Libya is just 3 countries away from Nigeria. With the lawlessness going on in the north, invading Nigeria would be a walk in the park for them. That is what I'm really, really scared of. ISIS is a more sophisticated, more intelligent and more ruthless terrorist group than boko haram. They will not limit their activities to the north alone.
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by Atigba: 11:06am On Feb 16, 2015
clevvermind:
which God?
The one that create you
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:06am On Feb 16, 2015
sorextee:
If Islam is a religion of peace, then where's the peace in what they are doing. It's only muslims I know (so far), that force people to join them or die. I wonder sometimes if animals watch us with pity, on how we slaughter one another, all in d name of religion.
Religion is the opium of the world it has brought more destruction and mayhem rather than peace. The world will only know peace if it get rid of religion .
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by johnie: 11:47am On Feb 16, 2015
gabrielahamz:
The real tragedy of the matter is, Libya is just 3 countries away from Nigeria. With the lawlessness going on in the north, invading Nigeria would be a walk in the park for them. That is what I'm really, really scared of. ISIS is a more sophisticated, more intelligent and more ruthless terrorist group than boko haram. They will not limit their activities to the north alone.

Boko Haram is already receiving funding and training from ISIS!

1 Like

Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by clevvermind(m): 1:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
Atigba:

The one that create you
i don't thing so. my God does not tell them to do that. it is their own personal god which they created that told them to kill others.
Re: 21 Christians Beheaded By Islamic State (IS) Militant In Libya by Atigba: 1:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
clevvermind:
i don't thing so. my God does not tell them to do that. it is their own personal god which they created that told them to kill others.
The promise land in your bible

Does it belong to isreal?

Who are the original occupants and owners?

Why did God order moses to kill every living thing in the city including pregnant woman and children.?

And inherit what is not theirs

What is the difference between what moses did and what bokoharam is doing?

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Sponsored Protests Against Jonathan,why Can't I Protest With 2face?- Fayose / BREAKING: INEC Postpones Elections In Lagos, Rivers, Anambra, Others / If You Leave Nigeria Who Will Pay The Money You Own Chinese?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.