Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,570 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? (19773 Views)

Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / Man And His Wife Fight Each Other In Public Over Infidelity Accusation. See Pics / Pregnant Woman Sets Herself On Fire Over Husband's Infidelity (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 16, 2015
If a spouse is faithful in many things but one. Fulfills all other responsibilities to the partner and the children but for some reason the person can't stop extramarital affairs.

Would that singular act make him or her a terrible person to live with as a spouse and a parent?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:39am On Feb 16, 2015
Not really sha. .. Only God can give a faithful partner

9 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by chijoy7(f): 9:42am On Feb 16, 2015
yes

43 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 16, 2015
chijoy7:
yes

Any reason why you think so?
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Amhappy(f): 9:51am On Feb 16, 2015
It makes one a very wonderful and sweetest spouse on earth grin grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by pickabeau1: 9:52am On Feb 16, 2015
Here to read comments

3 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Dyt(f): 10:00am On Feb 16, 2015
Licking lips
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by MizMyColi(f): 10:24am On Feb 16, 2015

I wouldn't automatically label a person bad for some mistake(s).
We all have our baggage.
However, it is only normal to see people who hurt us as bad.

People cheat for different reasons.
For some, it is imbued in them.
For others, one thing might have led to another.

One thing I can't stand is betrayal.

I may not dismiss him as outrightly bad, Yes I will forgive and do my best to forget ultimately, but the marriage/relationship will never remain the same again.

It either gets worse or better.

**Modified**
BUT, if he's a perpetual cheater, Nooooooooooooooooooocrycrycry
I'll have to find my way, biko.

I won't outrightly conclude he's a bad person.
It's just a weakness I can't live with!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

I wouldn't automatically label a person bad for some mistake(s).
We all have our baggage.
However, it is only normal to see people who hurt us as bad.

People cheat for different reasons.
For some, it is imbued in them.
For others, one thing might have led to another.

One thing I can't stand is betrayal.

I may not dismiss him as outrightly bad, Yes I will forgive and do my best to forget ultimately, but the marriage/relationship will never remain the same again.

It either gets worse or better.

I tend towards your thoughts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by MizMyColi(f): 10:56am On Feb 16, 2015
smiley
striktlymi:

I tend towards your thoughts.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Setaje(f): 11:03am On Feb 16, 2015
Except for a few useless men. I think a lot of guys never set out to cheat on their wives and it's the same for women. Like someone said, one thing led to another and it happened. Doesn't make the person a bad person. So far there is constant human interaction between both sexes, anything can happen at any point in time.

The problem is how can they handle it. Some are remorseful while some act non-challant. If we are to be straightforward,. Then there is no good cheat. There is no good thief, no good rapist nor a good liar. If u do anything to hurt anybody. Then u must retrace your steps. The goodness to me is when you realise what u have done is bad. You become a bad person if u continue in secrecy or in the open!.

18 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 16, 2015
Ans is capital yes .

Infidelity and domestic violence can lead to death, so these are big thing for me. I can't tolerate.

When you contact std or deadly Virus you go know how far. I'm not even talking about the betrayal for those you love.

And there is nothing like cheating is in your nature, you cheat because you want to.

All these wandaring pen1ses.

And for the women who never marry but says they can condone cheating spouses. I pray you get what you want. Amen o.

kiss

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by bukatyne(f): 11:11am On Feb 16, 2015
Nope just how abuse doesn't make one a bad spouse either grin

They are wonderfully made spouses wink

1 Like

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by amtheone(m): 11:41am On Feb 16, 2015
striktlymi:
If a spouse is faithful in many things but one. Fulfills all other responsibilities to the partner and the children but for some reason the person can't stop extramarital affairs.

Would that singular act make him or her a terrible person to live with as a spouse and a parent?

Dont try it. It will destroy all the good u have done. Remain faithful in all things

18 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by mutter(f): 11:50am On Feb 16, 2015
If a home builder builds a house without a front door and put the most priceless treasures, furniture and decorations.
He has spent millions on the most expensive materials from all over the world

Would that singular act of not building in "just "the front door make him a terrible and also a very stupid Homebuilder?

16 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
mutter:
If a home builder builds a house without a front door and put the most priceless treasures, furniture and decorations.
He has spent millions on the most expensive materials from all over the world

Would that singular act of not building in "just "the front door make him a terrible and also a very stupid Homebuilder?

It does make him terrible!

If the builder fortifies the building, does every other thing well but left the building unpainted, would it make him or her a terrible builder?

4 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Hollyb(f): 12:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
To me, it is an unforgivable offence

6 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by crackhaus: 1:08pm On Feb 16, 2015
Infidelity only makes one untrustworthy and disloyal, not bad. Personally, I don't go about believing no woman can cheat on me.

As a matter of fact, I can only ever trust a person as far as the length of my hand can go.
The one time a girl cheated on me, I ended up being friends (well, more like an acquaintance) with the dude after finding out about it... and still dated this girl for two months after that incident before going our separate ways (nothing to do with her infidelity I might add).

Only narcissists think themselves incapable of forgiving a cheating spouse.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by An0nimus: 1:18pm On Feb 16, 2015
Let me do the typical naija act and reply with a question. Does infidelity make one a good spouse?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Stillfire: 1:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
Yes the person is evillllllll!
We need to stop treating this issue with kids gloves.

11 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by jmoore(m): 1:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
It makes him/her an animal.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 16, 2015
crackhaus:
Infidelity only makes one untrustworthy and disloyal, not bad. Personally, I don't go about believing no woman can cheat on me.

As a matter of fact, I can only ever trust a person as far as the length of my hand can go.
The one time a girl cheated on me, I ended up being friends (well, more like an acquaintance) with the dude after finding out about it... and still dated this girl for two months after that incident before going our separate ways (nothing to do with her infidelity I might add).

Only narcissists think themselves incapable of forgiving a cheating spouse.

You are strong dude!

3 Likes

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
Stillfire:

Stillfire:

Any particular reason?
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by MizMyColi(f): 2:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
crackhaus:

Only narcissists people who don't know any better think themselves incapable of forgiving a cheating spouse.

Crack, Personalities differ.

You my friend have this enviable quality of compartmentalization, you don't join issues.
It's almost like you never feel pain/nothing gets to you.

Not all of us have developed ourselves mentally to that extent.

Speaking about forgiveness, it only works effectively when the culprit shows how sorry they are and there is undeniable proof that they aren't willing to go back to their old ways.

In the end, we're human, there's only so much we can tolerate.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by MrCork: 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2015
striktlymi:

angry
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Isiterere(m): 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
YES. First time is a mistake, second time is a co-incident , third time it become habitual.

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Misogynist2014(m): 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
IF YOU ARE A MAN, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
Really? Like are you seriously asking?

1 Like

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Freiburger(m): 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
Yea it could.
Any relationship is as good as a dead one if the word trust is missing out of it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by veraiyke(m): 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
D ans is obvious. Capital YES.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by MrCork: 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
striktlymi:

...hangon...so u sayn u don't like women coz they r faithful & responsible?.....bro I don't mean to spund rude but how long u been g@y? (no oofense) angry
Re: Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? by Vicotex(m): 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
Minding one's business is a full time job and everyone should be fully engaged

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should She Travel To Italy? / Christmas Gift For My Daughters / Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.