Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,490 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Is Godfatherism Dieing In PDP, While Being Born In APC? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Godfatherism Dieing In PDP, While Being Born In APC? (852 Views)

The Evil Effect Of Godfatherism In Nigeria Politice / Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih / Picture Of A Woman Clad In APC'S T-SHIRT And PDP'S Wrapper! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Godfatherism Dieing In PDP, While Being Born In APC? by Dewze(m): 12:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
I ask this question because of the happenings recently. It seems most of the so called godfathers in the PDP that have held the country in a political choke hold all these years are gradually being phased out of that party, taking Obasanjo's recent exit (if this is really true) as a case point. Also considering men like Tinubu, Atiku, and now Obasanjo as their main driver in the APC ...I mean, these men are the godfathers of godfatherism. I might be wrong about this but I think it is worth analysing.
If this is true, does this mean a New PDP is being born under GEJ?

2 Likes

Re: Is Godfatherism Dieing In PDP, While Being Born In APC? by denko(m): 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
Gej is the Change
Re: Is Godfatherism Dieing In PDP, While Being Born In APC? by rusher14: 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
Dewze:
I ask this question because of the happenings recently. It seems most of the so called godfathers in the PDP that have held the country in a political choke hold all these years are gradually being phased out of that party, taking Obasanjo's recent exit (if this is really true) as a case point. Also considering men like Tinubu, Atiku, and now Obasanjo as their main driver in the APC ...I mean, these men are the godfathers of godfatherism. I might be wrong about this but I think it is worth analysing.
If this is true, does this mean a New PDP is being born under GEJ?
No.

Look at all all the primary elections held for various states by the PDP, they were fraught with irregularities and by handpicking of the presidency.

That's why people like Obanikoro, Maku etc. became disenfranchised.

Compare that with primaries of their main opposition - APC.

Godfatherism is well and truly a PDP culture which they've found difficult to eschew.

The newest dimension is even godmotherism which Mama Peace as fully embraced . She's an exponent of this term a toga she even wears with pride.
Re: Is Godfatherism Dieing In PDP, While Being Born In APC? by Ikengawo: 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
it's 100% dead in PDP. We saw the people that were dependent on it (Chris Uba, Charles Soludo, Fani Kayode) meet extreme frustration in the PDP primaries a few years ago because they no longer had their 'ogas' (Atiku, Obasanjo) to falsely impose them on the people.

KAyode for example then ran from PDP to APC then back to PDP. But you notice now that he's in PDP, he's criticized OBJ freely
Re: Is Godfatherism Dieing In PDP, While Being Born In APC? by ba7man(m): 12:51pm On Feb 16, 2015
Nope, PDP as a party is dying.

GEJ is trying to play "Godfather" but not everyone is cool with taking orders from a clueless weakling being controlled by his wife.

1 Like

Re: Is Godfatherism Dieing In PDP, While Being Born In APC? by Dewze(m): 12:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
rusher14:

No.

Look at all all the primary elections held for various states by the PDP, they were fraught with irregularities and by handpicking of the presidency.

That's why people like Obanikoro, Maku etc. became disenfranchised.

Compare that with primaries of their main opposition - APC.

Godfatherism is well and truly a PDP culture which they've found difficult to eschew.

The newest dimension is even godmotherism which Mama Peace as fully embraced . She's an exponent of this term a toga she even wears with pride.

I see your point bro.
Re: Is Godfatherism Dieing In PDP, While Being Born In APC? by nke001: 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
Dead and Gone in PDP.

All thanks to the best Nigerian President ever.

GEJ TILL OBJ FULL FACE HIS OTTAH FARM ACTIVITIES.
Re: Is Godfatherism Dieing In PDP, While Being Born In APC? by halimaabi: 2:43pm On Feb 16, 2015
GEJ IS THE ANSWER TO NIGERIA PROBLEMS APC IS A DEVIL PARTY.

(1) (Reply)

NA Arial Bombardment Of Boko Haram / Nigerian Anti-Boko Haram Woman Activist Wins Japanese Peace Prize Worth $170,000 / The Return Of Fuel Queues Again in abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.