Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,529 members, 7,837,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman (1140 Views)

Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says / Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening / Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by dre11(m): 2:33pm On Feb 16, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has dumped the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Mr. Obasanjo on Monday announced his decision to leave the party at his residence in Abeokuta, saying he was no more a politician, but would remain a statesman.
The former president indicated his decision came ahead of a plan by the party to dismiss him, possibly for alleged anti-party activities.
Mr. Obasanjo had been engaged in a running feud with President Goodluck Jonathan whom he accused of failing in leadership and encouraging corruption.
He also accused the president of plotting to stir trouble in the country resulting in a military takeover, if he loses upcoming elections. Last week, Mr. Obasanjo endorsed Mr. Jonathan’s challenger, Muhammadu Buhari.
Mr. Jonathan in turn, on Saturday, accused the former president of working to create an Interim National Government, which he hopes to head.
“They said they want to expel me from PDP, although I have not been told but I have my ears on ground. We’ve been trying to run away from a man but he pleads we wait for him at the other side of the river. I have told you before that I became president on the platform of PDP, once I leave PDP I will not join any party,” he told journalists.
“I will only be a Nigerian, I am ready to work with anybody regardless of political affiliation. Why would some people say they want to send me away, they don’t need to bother themselves, here’s your membership card, take it,” Mr. Obasanjo said, before dumping his membership card which was later torn by a member of the party from his ward.
“From today on, in the presence of all us and with your support, I am not going to be in any political party in Nigeria. I am no more a politician but a statesman both internally and externally. The issued that they want to expel me from the party for, once you people are with me what other people am I looking for,” he said.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/176934-obasanjo-pre-empts-expulsion-pdp-dumps-ruling-party.html
Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by dre11(m): 2:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
This a rejoinder to anyone who will says Obasanjo is now an APC man........

The man has denied his affiliate with any political party and that he is no more a politicians but a statesman

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by JigsawKillah(m): 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
So? Who he help?
Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by KanwuliaJara: 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
Goooood!
ATIKU dey wait am dia!!!!
Muhehehehehe grin
Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by Baawaa(m): 2:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
Jonathan weakness makes Obasanjo a living hero!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
Obj we are altogether with you on this. To save Nigeria and Nigerians from the grip of;

thieves
rogues
lootocrats
evil men under the shade of an umbrella
liars
blood-suckers etc

is definitely a task every Nigerian most come and partake in.

May God bless baba obj
May God bless Buhari
May God bless Nigeria
Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by Boss13: 2:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
Baawaa:
Jonathan weakness makes Obasanjo a living hero!

The man is a living hero already. He does not need Jonathan
Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by dre11(m): 3:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Goooood!
ATIKU dey wait am dia!!!!
Muhehehehehe grin

Wait for where.......

Atiku is a politician while OBJ have said that he isn't a politician but, he is now on a different level which he suppose to be a long time ago.

A statesman and not fighting for relevance with those media puppet that occupy the seat of power
Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2015
Positioning himself to head interim government after elections are eventually cancelled.

APC should install their parallel government with immediate effect.
dre11:

Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by Demdem(m): 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
Mr. Obasanjo said, before dumping his membership card which was later torn by a member of the party from his ward.

It wasn't even obj that tore the cursed card, it was another killer member. grin
Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by lilprinze: 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
Weather he is an elder state man or an elder junior state man GEJ till OBJ becomes relevant
Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by Bekwarra(m): 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
Statesman behaving like a tout.
Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by millhouse: 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
The more it looks glaring he wants to head an interim Govt

dre11:

Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by Dewze(m): 5:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan: the stone that causes many to stumble.
Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by Change2015(m): 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2015
Boss13:

The man is a living hero already. He does not need Jonathan

Unfortunately, compared to Jonathan the average person/leader appears even better than he really is, especially Obasanjo. Jonathan congratulate yourself on your award of 6 weeks of fire before you fail at the polls. Nigeria will long outlive your incompetence.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by skentelelady(f): 6:32pm On Feb 16, 2015
GEJ is really falling gradually. He is been surrounded by people who will ruin him

I remember it was OBJ that single handedly made him the governor in Bayelsa when he couldnt assume the seat because of fear for Alams and his men

During the time of y'adua, turai and the cabals, it was the same OBJ that made him the president

Now he has forgotten all the good fight obj fought for. He will surely regret this

Am sure most of his supporters will go back and beg OBJ befor they finally dump him (GEJ)

I support change cool
Re: Obasanjo Dumps PDP, Says He Is No More A Politician But Statesman by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
OBJ is not behaving like a statesman

He is a disgrace!

(1) (Reply)

IGP Reacts To Rivers APC Rally Attack / Ayo Fayose Explains Why Atiku, Northern Leaders "Dumped" APC. / Facts On Nigeria Under President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.