Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,662 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says (33921 Views)

Buhari Critically Ill, Set To Be Flown Out Of Nigeria - PDP / Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says / BREAKING: I Won't Return To PDP, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by ochejoseph(m): 3:00pm On Nov 01, 2015

The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has drawn the attention of Nigerians to the ‘harmful consequences’ of the unabated negative statements from the very father of the nation, President Muhammadu Buhari, on the economy and the general image of the country.
The party said “it is worrisome that in the last six months, the President, instead of making efforts to harness resources and grow the economy, has rather continued to apply himself, perhaps unwittingly, to demarketing the nation and scaring away investors through negative labelling of Nigerians and unwarranted unhealthy portrayal of the nation’s economy”.
The PDP, in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, on Sunday said the President’s unwary statements have become very serious clog in the wheel of progress, eroding the confidence of both domestic and international investors in the Nigerian economic and social system.
“In the last six months, our President has only succeeded in discouraging foreign investors with his continued misrepresentation of our country as a business unfriendly environment, where most of the citizens are basically corrupt, dishonest, and cannot be trusted.
“Whereas we have restated our total support for the war against corruption, we insist that Mr. President’s unceasing blanket negative labelling of citizens, in a country where millions of honest and hardworking individuals/firms are genuinely contributing daily to the development effort, is indeed a disservice and injurious to the nation and the people.
“Furthermore, Mr. President’s recent announcement to the world that the nation, with its abundant human and natural resources, is broke and cannot pay cabinet ministers not only sends a discouraging signal to the domestic and international business community, but also exposes the ineptitude of the present administration to meaningfully and sincerely exert itself and work with industrious and innovative investors to create and manage wealth.
“We ask; how can any reasonable investor still have the confidence to invest in a country where the President himself continues to alert that his country reeks of corrupt people and that the government is broke to the extent it cannot pay cabinet ministers?
“Is the President not directly advising investors against having confidence in Nigeria and the system, and that they risk not being paid for jobs awarded by government at any level?
“More worrisome is the fact that Mr. President most times, makes his damaging comments in international fora with potential investors in attendance to the extent that reminds one of the proverbial father who, in the presence of potential suitors, often portrays his daughters as wayward and yet constantly complain of their inability to find husbands.
“Indeed, this is not the way to go, Nigeria is a country blessed with abundant human and natural resources. What we need at the moment is a serious, innovative and practical approach with the capacity to harness the resources and create wealth for the benefit of all, instead of an apparently laidback scapegoat tactics with outworn excuses and unhelpful comments.
“May we remind Mr. President that even in the darkest period of our economic challenges, successive administrations made efforts in steadying the economy, while always reassuring our citizens and the international community of the strength and economic potentials of our great nation.
“We know that in the desperation to cover its apparent lack of economic plan, this administration has positioned cabinet ministers, upon inauguration to concentrate on diversionary blame game on the past PDP administration. But even this political deceit cannot combat the unpalatable consequences of Mr. President’s damaging utterances on the image of the nation and its economy.
“Finally, we wish to remind the President and those around him that Nigerians, by the 2015 elections, have committed the fate of the country in his hands for the next four years and are not willing to accept excuses for any economic failures under his watch,” the party said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/192480-buharis-statements-de-marketing-nigeria-pdp-says.html

137 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by ochejoseph(m): 3:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi:
"My economic aim is to make India the biggest
trading partner of Africa". Indian Economy is
strong and in good position to do business with
the rest of the world". . . .Modi

Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari:
"Nigeria is so corrupt and the people
are indiscipline. Powerful Nigerians are
frustrating anti-graft war". Nigeria is broke and
the people should brace for hardship. - Buhari

One is a leader with vision the other is a confused president

369 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by M0GIDI: 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
“We ask; how can any reasonable investor still have the confidence to invest in a country where the President himself continues to alert that his country reeks of corrupt people and that the government is broke to the extent it cannot pay cabinet ministers?

124 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by AraduF90(m): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
Op U Deh Craze Ni? You Open Thread Con Deh Drag For Ftc Abi?

10 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by fromnigeria(m): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
Unlike the rebranding Exercise. An art of calling black white.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by tempex88(m): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
Am APC, PDP is right here. This is the second time baba is making a statement unbecoming of a leader. The first time was when he made comment about the judiciary like he wanted to hijack it cos of corruption. Baba needs people to review his statements. Very very important

218 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by temitemi1(m): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
That is what u get wn u have a certificateless Fulani as d president grin

144 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by amnesty7: 3:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
Olisa metuh is learning the opposition business very fast. Good for democrac(z)y.

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by AraduF90(m): 3:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
I See Some Sense In That Post

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Zakkyoz: 3:10pm On Nov 01, 2015
Metuh, you have spoken very well. Jonathan's statements "marketed" the country very well as we had another definition of corruption while he held sway as the president. It seems there is incurable infection affecting all these wailers.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
A Presidential con-Artists able do delude only his sai chanters and broom carriers like night soil men

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by lolaxavier(m): 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
PDP, shvt da fvckup. Your wailings are inconsequential.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Zakkyoz: 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
temitemi1:
That is what u get wn u have a certificateless Fulani as d president grin

what has been the achievement of your 'certificated' jonadunce with his PhD? Somebody who tried to redefine corruption. He even repeated his stance when has the opportunity of correcting himself.

You will see what will happen in this country when Buhari forms his cabinet next week.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by kokoA(m): 3:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
tempex88:
Am APC, PDP is right here. This is the second time baba is making a statement unbecoming of a leader. The first time was when he made comment about the judiciary like he wanted to hijack it cos of corruption. Baba needs people to review his statements. Very very important
So he should go about lying? Or making statements like "How can you say Nigeria is poor, we have the highest number of private jet owners in Africa" grin

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by ukeme200(m): 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2015
Olisa Metuh is learning the ropes of opposition very quickly...

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Banter1(m): 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
I totally concur with Olisa Metu for once.

#IrepAPC

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Banter1(m): 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2015
AraduF90:
I See Some Sense In That Post
seconded.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by onatisi(m): 3:28pm On Nov 01, 2015
Maybe it is time buhari starts speaking in Hausa language anytime he travels so that the interpreter will have time to correct buhari words . Each time he speaks abroad he makes terrible blunders. No wonder some ppl said if you want to mess up buhari ,just give him the microphone grin

157 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by signature2012(m): 3:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
I hope " passingshot " will read this and understand better.

After you have read it,kindly translate it to "bubu" in hausa to enable him do the needful.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Aromas: 3:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
Metuh get it right dis time around grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by fulaniHERDSman(m): 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
I bet Metu is the only surviving PDP man. We will soon open his file.

Sai the all conquering APC
SAI BAAAAABA

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by gokay11(m): 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
Its will be difficult for some people to accept the fact,rather they will call olisa wailer.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by sweatlana: 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
I said this exactly on the other trend. Buhari is portraying Nigeria as a hopless national.

Can someone pls tell pmb u don't shit where u live!

I wonder how he intends to get investors when all he does is rubbish Nigeria each time he travels abroad. undecided
I'm beginning to believe that buhari might actually be a stark illiterate cos even a trader sealing in the market would not tell a potential customer that her goods are rotten angry

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Aminat508(f): 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
undecided
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Emekamex(m): 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
Mr Tourism is always committing blunders whenever he travels out of the country. angry angry angry

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by shadelek(m): 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
I guess buhari has no idea the consequences of negative speech to this country's economy. Even if what he said is what is happening currently, it should'nt be made known to foreigners, it should rather be an internal affairs. No wonder he was avoiding a lot of presidential debates during his campaign. Had it been Nigerians had better choice, he should'nt have been elected.

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by alphaconde(m): 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
Tru talk

On wednesday, I would be having a chat with my colleagues, its to mentor them not to give excuses in the course of the work. Whilst am preparing for this session, I can't stop thinking of Mr President how he has continuously churned out excuses as if that what we are interested in.

Its obvious this administration understand our problems as a nation, that's what they have been highligthing since may 29th. The question is why hasn't work started. The new sheriff in town analytics they were giving initially is beginning to expire.

Personally I put my entire hope on this government. Nigerians can't afford to witness a failed tenure. Just start doing something Mr president please!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by victorazy(m): 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
What do u expect from Daura illiterate?

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by NinaArsenal(f): 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ok.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by ajepako(f): 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
Well, actually I didn't read it ( I dey craze?)

But, coming from PDP against APC and Buhari

It must be true and I believe it! tongue tongue

We all know PDP only steals

But APC lies.. in fact for the entire Africa..

So since it's not about stealing , then I believe PDP..

grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Godjone(m): 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
Buhari na learner. Not qualified at all.

I will rather advise he attends adult school and learn more then earn a certificate.

Buhari is a stack illiterate

54 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Peter Obi Supporter Endorses Atiku / Obasanjo Is Morally Bankrupt – Kashamu / Umana Calls For Cancellation Of Election In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.