Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,931 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? (35056 Views)

Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions / He Wants To Sue MTN / Unlimited Calls From Mtn For The Whole Day (this Is Not A Hoax) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by nairabetguru(m): 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
[quote author=neutrotoba post=30784719][/quote]

switch to Etisalat wink
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by IYANGBALI: 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
CutieFloxy:
wow.....so touching
na for where you feel am?for your bweasts,lips or toto?
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by goldman777: 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
mtn is a south african company frustrating nigerians since ncc lacks customer protection policies in nigeria dis company has exploited d loopholes to d fullest in nigeria wat it cant do in south africa
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Neelzar(f): 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
Airtel is worse. Apart from the calls from 0708 060 4005, 0708 060 4006, 0708 060 4007, 0708 0604008......to 5000 almost everyday, they will still be sending you some stupid messages like.

"Call 14120 to get N500 airtime today"
"Begin the week on a HIGH!!! Call 14120 to get N500 airtime today"
"Enjoy Additional N500 airtime this weekend. Call 14120 to get yours"
"We have N500 airtime to call all networks today. Call 14120 to get yours now."

Haba!!!!! Na so my account empty reach......

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by timbros(m): 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
kallmemrB:
Bros mine is in the range of 15-20....its really annoying.....maybe we cab sue them for Mental Disturbance or Expectation Mismanagement

Now this got me rolling on the floor gringringrin

Chai Nairaland! gringringrin
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by lordjosh(m): 1:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
Very true!!!
Examples..

Get unlimited global news updates from Nigeria?s leading newspaper. Text BC to 655 for Naij.com News. FREE for 7 Days

Good Health is the Best investment you can make.Get 7days FREE health & fitness tips from TruHealth. Text AF to 655

Migrate now to MTN Biz Class specially designed for Businesses and enjoy low call rates and daily Business Headlines. Dial *460*3# now! Ts&Cs apply

Dial *710# to open a REAL bank account in 90 secs where you can save, earn interest and buy airtime.

Akanchawa Recharge Offer from MTN! Enjoy 10 minutes+ 10 SMS to all networks +4MB data for internet. Click http:///1z6j8fS.Data charges apply

Breaking Newspwd Get MTN 4.5GB Data for only N2,500 to browse, chat, download with 1.5GB all day plus 3GB all night. Text 120 to 131 to activate.

Dial *311*PIN# to load Akanchawa Recharge. To check your balance, dial *312#. Benefits include 10minutes & 10 SMS to all networks + 4MB data for internet use

Which Lecturer deserves your appreciation in this season of Surprises? Text your Name, Twitter handle, School, Lecturer's Name & Dept to 5005.SMS is free.

Yello! Spice up your calls with laughter using Santa, Child and Minnie Mouse voice options with MTN Magic Voice. Dial 757 & follow the voice prompt @ N10 weekly

Hey lucky 07039480315! MTN is happy to confirm that the chance to win 1 Generator for FREE is for 07039480315 now! Dial *170#! It's FREE!

Y'ello! Get updates on news, politics, sports, business news & lots more on your phone from Guardian Newspaper. Text TGW to 4900 to subscribe @ N30 weekly!

Y'ello! Get 250MB EXTRA data FOR EVERY 260MB purchased. Text 106 to 131 now! Costs N1000. Bonus is valid for 3 days. Offer valid till March 3rd, 2015

Try out today the LOVE METER to calculate whether you two are the perfect match! Send your name + your partner name to 33550. N50 Ex: Bello + Passion

The hidden meaning behind the color of the eyes is no longer a secret! Text Eye:The Color (ex: Eye:Blue) to 33550 & find out what it says about you. N50

ENGINEERING CLASS: Do you aspire to be an engineer or learn engineering terms. Reply by sending ENG to 33128

COMPUTER/TELECOM CLASS: Aspire to be a computer/IT guru? learn computer/ IT. Reply by sending IT to 33128.

Investing in the Stock Market can be confusing yet very rewarding. Get daily MTN Stock Market Tips for Business at just N50/week. Send Stock to 5040 to subscribe

Do you know that your customers can be your best salespeople? Find out how and more by subscribing to MTN Biz Tips. Text BIZ to 5040 to start enjoying @ just N50/Week

In all thy getting get understanding Pro 4:7 subscribe to scripture revealing quotes from Bishop David Oyedepo today! Send BDO to 5029 to subscribe at N50 only

Get insight into God's word, subscribe to daily inspired quotes from Bishop David Oyedepo. Send BDO to 5029 to subscribe at N50 only

When you stop appreciating God, you start depreciating. Subscribe to more quotes from Bishop David Oyedepo. Send BDO to 5029 to subscribe at N50 only.

A balance diet and exercise will keep you in shape. Text Medplus to 5021,N50/weekly for Medplus health and fitness tips, Text STOP to unsubscribe

Kids bring joy and happiness into our lives. Text Kids to 5021,N50/weekly for all your parenting needs from Ruff.n.Tumble, Text STOP to unsubscribe.

To receive daily inspiration and prayers to help tackle life.s challenges Text Success to 5021. Txt STOP to unsubscribe

Great business opportunities come around once in a lifetime. Text Money Shop to find out when.Text YES to 5021 to subscribe N50/wkly Txt STOP to unsubscribe

Stay in shape this month with regular exercise. Text Medplus to 5021,N50/weekly for Medplus health and fitness tips,Text STOP to unsubscribe

Subscribe to Leadership Newspaper @ N120/month, Reply LDM to 4900.

Get daily PUNCH newspaper @120/month, Text PNM to 4900.

Get daily news from The Sun Newspaper @120/month, Text SUN to 4900.

EVA Trivia
How many years does world cup come around? A)6 years. B)4 years. C)8 years. D)3 years. Text SOCCER A/B/C/D to 33333,TO WIN!

AM TIRE OF ALL THESE MESSEAGES!!!

4 Likes

Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by DeCYRIKS(m): 1:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
I thing personally, sueing them is going to be a long process, why not just port to another available network. I do receive such messages, but hv resorted to prompt wipe off - delete. In most cases the messages are not from network providers but from internet fraudsters. They actually send them from internet to gullible subscribers...... Just port. Thanks.
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by iphanyiuma(m): 1:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
When you have enough money to take them to court, call me am a lawyer gringringrin
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by tripleBgirl(f): 1:50pm On Feb 27, 2015
neutrotoba:
you can't block breeze, neither can you block water, water will find its way... yhu can't block dose numbers
You can . If a new one comes up, I add to the list. No time for rubbish.
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by MissSlimbody(f): 1:51pm On Feb 27, 2015
I want to sue them too. The messages are so so annoying angry

Airtel and Etisalat too are not different. I'm sure by the time my mum returns from work and I checked her phone, I'll see "46 New Messages"
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by calabaman(m): 1:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
You would loose bigtime if you feel you can sue mtn mr OP. the issue isnt peculiar to mtn as airtel users would testify.

You receive less of such on ETISALAT. Not that am an etiFAN.

if u are using an android phone OP

You can DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL AVG ANTIVIRUS

CLICK ON PRIVACY

CLICK ON CALL AND SMS BLOCKER

CLICK ON SMS

SELECT THE OFFENDING MESSAGE and add user to BLOCKED LIST. ..

OR CLICK AND HOLD THE OFFENDING MESSAGE right from your message inbox and select REGISTER AS SPAM NUMBER

#ANDROID ROCKS

IF YOU ARENT USING AN ANDROID DEVICE PLS STATE YOUR TYPE OF PHONE SO THAT I CAN ADVICE YOU
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
Bro, I know and feel your pain.... Mine is worse because its coming from MTN and Airtel and I use a dual sim tablet (do the maths)... Every weekend, no jokes, I get close to 700 messages from both 'sims'..... I have handed everything over to my forefather, he should fight for his own.... Can't port to Glo or Eti because of certain reasons so I guess I am f**ked.....

embarassed

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by izikjon(m): 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2015
Expectation mismanagement
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by UkwuNnu(m): 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
You can download truecaller, use it to block unwanted calls and sms.

Can also tell you who is calling you even if u don't have the phone number registered.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
If you are using android, download SMS block on your phone. after you successfully download the apps. input those short code their.
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Dyt(f): 1:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
MARKone:
You use GLO, Hausa people from nowhere will be calling you anyhow, one day Shakau will call pesin number.

cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by juliebest(f): 1:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
The worst trick MTN has brought out now is this

'your last session was 8kb, total cost of last session..."
and I have not used my phone to browse for the past one week. Its been my laptop.
Yet they keep deducting my money.
last session was 24kb, 10 kb...
called them ,they refused to pick.

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Temmytea70(m): 2:03pm On Feb 27, 2015
VickyRotex:
Please when you find a lawyer, inform me, lets sue MTN together....

Theyve been ungrateful to this faithful customer (Me) sad

Its worse on Sundays, I get back from church and am seeing like 8messages on my phone. All from MTN. Like am I your Spouse Is MTN that inlove with me MTN wan marry me sad undecided

Are u dat beautiful?
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by VickyRotex(f): 2:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
Temmytea70:

Are u dat beautiful?

undecided
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by InestamablJewel: 2:06pm On Feb 27, 2015
[b]
if i understand u correctly, this is a "cell braodcasting" problem you have to go to message setting, look for cell broadcast and off it, as long as it remains on, those messages will keep popping out until you off it.
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by babamadiba(m): 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
You know when I receive mine most? The period am expecting my salary alert. Evil massages from mtn keep on rolling in, deceiving to think it's my salary dat has just been paid.
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by caprini1: 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
Well not as annoying as hausa speaking callers always calling my Etisalat.#nodisrespecttohausa
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by ifoundmyperfect: 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
Change your phone. There are phones that comes with inbuilt filters that gives you the option of adding such numbers as spam. I don't have this problem anymore. GLO don't send useless text messages but place useless calls to you line. Etisalat don dey learn how to place both useless calls and texts.. Though their own never serious yet.
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by agoadiv(m): 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
menix:
Oga its not jst Mtn oo..
Airtel ve joined them buh I think dat of MTN is quite annoying.

U can sue them for Line stalking or battery degredation.

Am not a lawyer buh I clean d law court..
oga mtn try,airtel will use a complete number to call u and u think its someone..... so annoying

3 Likes

Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Intendy: 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
Text a message on mtn
STOP to 33111
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Skoopy(m): 2:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
have you taken some time out to go through MTN's terms and conditions of using their services, I promise you, if you do go through it, you won't be thinking of going on a legal tussle with them. I used to work with a service provider (DSTV), I know how this work. Make your findings well and don't rush into it because it won't be an easy battle, not for you.

But on the brighter sight, no reputation company wants to be in court whether they are right or not, you might just get an offer of settling out of court with a few millions credited to your account. Just be wise.
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by VellyG(m): 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
neutrotoba:
you can't block breeze, neither can you block water, water will find its way... yhu can't block dose numbers
You can block them with truecaller app if u have an android phone. Don't know about other platforms.
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by agoadiv(m): 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2015
this is another reason we need CHANGE...i knw its oga JONA dat sends dem
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by owolawitola(f): 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2015
MTN is just about the worst network ever. If u sue them, call me as witness (if needed). The A holes removed #1350 from my phone nd they told me they dont know about it

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by musaffyan(m): 2:12pm On Feb 27, 2015
MARKone:
Nigeria....(sighs) the system is just Bad, by now if NCC has not been compromised, this issue of unsolicited text messages, bad network, drop calls and what have you, would have been reduced drastically. On Sunday 15th of Feb, as at 5am, I started receiving text msgs from 5***, 4*** and 3***, I got at least 11 useless, hopeless, annoying unsolicited text msgs from this people, for what!!!, u call them, still they will not just stop. The annoying thing is that days you will be expecting needed Alerts, that is the day those bastards will decide to wake up on your line. By the time people start burning their mast, maybe that is the day they will stop. You use GLO, Hausa people from nowhere will be calling you anyhow, one day Shakau will call pesin number.

I hav to make my comments on this,is not only mtn but all d network.
Is true that NCC gave some peeps due rights to do such but without any bonanza or so called buhaha
Contribution is to sue NCC not d networks cus NCC gave d peeps rite to do such
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by datguru: 2:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
Firefire:
cheesy

“I don't need anybody to convince me that MTN is monitoring my life, whenever am broke or I need to recharge my phone, the message they will send at that very tym is extra credit telling me am qualified to borrow money.
Whenever am on date with a new babe, the message I go receive na from love calculator asking me to subscribe and confirm if me and my partner are compatible,

there was this day am thinking about changing my present job and within 5min the message I got is.... Are you tried of your present job or planning of changing job, if yes send yes to 33211.

As if all that one no reach, me and my babe won do that thing and within 5min Wey e reach make e begin proper thing na him dem send message to my babe's line saying..... Are you pregnant or preparing to get pregnant if so subscribe to daily tips. Na so dey take cancel that special moment for us.

As I don think say dem don commot for my back, I dey go for one interview for early morning na him I hear msg notification for my phone, upon checking it, it was dem again asking me.....Did you want to perform well in your interview? If yes send yes to bla bla bla.......
Just to mention but few......

DEAR ndlers please help me beg MTN to please allow me to enjoy my life without their interference. Biko”

Credited to datguru: (a fellow Nairalander) posted 1:18pm On Nov 28 2014

Credited to me ?

Na you go pay, my hand no dey there! Do I know you ? grin
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Temmytea70(m): 2:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
VickyRotex:

undecided
Just teasing...dnt feel offended

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AfriOne First To Deliver N-Power Devices (Photos) / TECNO Camon 12 Pro Unboxing And Quick Review (photos) / Facebook Has New Emoji, But They Are Very Scary (See Screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.