Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,783 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? (35055 Views)

Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions / He Wants To Sue MTN / Unlimited Calls From Mtn For The Whole Day (this Is Not A Hoax) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by yaksm(m): 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2015
Everyday I received more Dan 20 mssgs frm mtn, Is annoying peeps...
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by bobostykah(m): 3:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
i don't know what to do to my mtn line o................. since dec 24 2014 till date, I've been getting atleast 50 (useless) msgs a day
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by pxdaniel(m): 3:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
Copee:
Add the numbers to spam if you use a samsung phone.

OP, take ur time and add all those silly numbers to spam and you'll be fine.

Who want to join me to sue Etisalat? Honestly, the network is very good for browsing but their call charges is outrageous. I don tire to dey buy credit every time but d tin dat annoyed me most happened last week. I told my babe to call me back cos I was low on airtime and she promised to call back with her new airtel line. A minute later, I got a call and thinking it was my baby, I quickly picked d call and I heard a sweet female voice singing a love song( I think eminado). My head began to swell and I was feeling on top of d world then suddenly I discovered it was d silly ntwk dat was trying to advertise something. I cut the call and called d customer care immediately and started shouting at d lady dat answered me and told her neva to try such nonsense with me again in this world. Mehn..I was so angry dat day sha. Wen I told my gf, she laughed at me mehn but she later sang d full song 4 me to calm me down . Well, I was easily fooled cos my gf sometimes sing 4 me wen she calls me.

I've learnt my lessons and I always check any number that calls me very well b4 I pick. Thunder fire all these silly networks!!!

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by gilmaro(m): 3:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
the most annoying thing is when these bulk msgs roll in when u're expecting alarts,,,,u just grab ur phone n find out its mtn,,,
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by FranckJay: 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
Joblessness
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by adedayourt(m): 3:42pm On Feb 27, 2015
MTN nd spam messages very annoying

And amazingly pple don't read dem.

Onces u check nd its d rubbish u delet unread
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by bamac(m): 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
I hate mtn wen am expecting alawee's alert
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by PAnaceA7(m): 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
Neelzar:

Airtel is worse. Apart from the calls from 0708 060 4005, 0708 060 4006, 0708 060 4007, 0708 0604008......to 5000 almost everyday, they will still be sending you some stupid messages like.

"Call 14120 to get N500 airtime today"
"Begin the week on a HIGH!!! Call 14120 to get N500 airtime today"
"Enjoy Additional N500 airtime this weekend. Call 14120 to get yours"
"We have N500 airtime to call all networks today. Call 14120 to get yours now."

Haba!!!!! Na so my account empty reach......
So true the tin tire person.... I cut their calls immediately I identify their numbers but there is a new number now with 090 something u would think it's someone calling not knowing dat it's from airtel
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by silversonuc(m): 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
MARKone:
Nigeria....(sighs) the system is just Bad, by now if NCC has not been compromised, this issue of unsolicited text messages, bad network, drop calls and what have you, would have been reduced drastically. On Sunday 15th of Feb, as at 5am, I started receiving text msgs from 5***, 4*** and 3***, I got at least 11 useless, hopeless, annoying unsolicited text msgs from this people, for what!!!, u call them, still they will not just stop. The annoying thing is that days you will be expecting needed Alerts, that is the day those bastards will decide to wake up on your line. By the time people start burning their mast, maybe that is the day they will stop. You use GLO, Hausa people from nowhere will be calling you anyhow, one day Shakau will call pesin number.
-
hahaha bro ehn, has dt particular hausa lady called u to say sallah malekun on ya glo line?
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
[quote author=neutrotoba post=30784719][/quote]

Hahaha. I had that annoying experience for long, until I decided to download an app called Call and SMS Blocker, and started blacklisting those useless numbers. These days, the app successfully blocks those msgs and prevents them from entering my fone. You can try that too, and enjoy the freedom I'm now enjoying. Lol
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by menix(m): 3:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
macof:

You might be better off in comedy, you don make me laugh taya grin

No worry i still dey serve Alibaba...
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Olanireti(m): 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
If you use android phone, download 'call black list' from play store. Save the numbers on the black list, it receives all the messages without disturbing you. You will be fine. I hate mtn with passion.
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by kernel504(m): 4:33pm On Feb 27, 2015
neutrotoba:
Don't yhu think yhu shud actually spend moe tym cleaning rather than eavesdropping on legal proceedings? cheesy

What's wrong if.. He decides to proffer legal advice within his knowledge as a cleaner, you think unskilled workers are dumbs,right?
You may need to revisit your dictionary, and check for the word '' Enlightenment''.
Sarcastically, you've made your point.
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Chuksgeo: 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
Mine is that if it is just these text messages I might consider not to switch but the worst is that my little smart Niece would take my phone and in her innocent mind try to play the dubious unsuspecting game which thEy indicates its for free only after earning some points by answering their so called free questions but they(MTN) would subscribe me in thst ge even when they said its free and they keep deducting 100 Naira from me everyday. This I never noticed until the day I wanted to make an emergency call and I followed up why my airtime is always depleted.

MTN is A CHEAT whichever way you want to look at it, unfortunately NCC is amoung the most corrupt govt agency in the country.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by lovely17(m): 4:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
so no be only me the idiots won't stop sending useless messages sometimes same 1 5 times
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Revolva(m): 4:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
Mtn so annoyin omo Oga dem dey sue breeze omo mtn na go still win u...oo dem get mouf o
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Sungba(m): 4:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
just planning to call their customer care also to report those annoying msgs angry angry angry angry angry angry[color=#000099][/color]
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by ogaprime(m): 5:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
lygn19:
even mtn does it, they wud call u with all dz short numbers and start singing eminado for u that u shud subscribe for caller tunez...

Glo's own is worst...didn't you see those numbers. I had to store it "stupid glo lines" so that I won't pick it anytime one of those lines calls me
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Abbycrown(f): 5:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
MTN and annoying texts. undecided Thought I was alone.
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by adahgold(m): 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
I can't not stop laffing, mtn is something else d messages r just too much,I don tire to dey delete dere message...
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by otimothy(m): 6:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
Neelzar:

Airtel is worse. Apart from the calls from 0708 060 4005, 0708 060 4006, 0708 060 4007, 0708 0604008......to 5000 almost everyday, they will still be sending you some stupid messages like.

"Call 14120 to get N500 airtime today"
"Begin the week on a HIGH!!! Call 14120 to get N500 airtime today"
"Enjoy Additional N500 airtime this weekend. Call 14120 to get yours"
"We have N500 airtime to call all networks today. Call 14120 to get yours now."

Haba!!!!! Na so my account empty reach......

call the center and simply tell the agent to place ur number on dnd(do not disturb) voice and sms,i wld hv helped u o but........
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by MissJennifer(f): 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
MARKone:
Nigeria....(sighs) the system is just Bad, by now if NCC has not been compromised, this issue of unsolicited text messages, bad network, drop calls and what have you, would have been reduced drastically. On Sunday 15th of Feb, as at 5am, I started receiving text msgs from 5***, 4*** and 3***, I got at least 11 useless, hopeless, annoying unsolicited text msgs from this people, for what!!!, u call them, still they will not just stop. The annoying thing is that days you will be expecting needed Alerts, that is the day those bastards will decide to wake up on your line. By the time people start burning their mast, maybe that is the day they will stop. You use GLO, Hausa people from nowhere will be calling you anyhow, one day Shakau will call pesin number.

Roftl...@Shekau will call pesin, I jus wait for them to accumulate small,then select all n delete
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by charlsecy(m): 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
Sometimes, the funny messages come from shortcode dealers.
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by iliyande(m): 6:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
menix:
Oga its not jst Mtn oo..
Airtel ve joined them buh I think dat of MTN is quite annoying.

U can sue them for Line stalking or battery degredation.

Am not a lawyer buh I clean d law court..

Airtel stop mine when I complained.
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by ribbit: 6:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
i already blocked all numbers spamming my phone

thank zeus for android
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by menix(m): 6:51pm On Feb 27, 2015
iliyande:

Airtel stop mine when I complained.

U mst b an officer then....
thou i will giv it a try...
Fanx
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by SuccessfulO(f): 6:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
MARKone:
ROTFL.. Guy no be small matter oo. I've received abt 16 messages 2day from MTN(and still counting). That part where Hausa p'ple be calling you anyhow nd Shekua dialing sm1 number one day got me cracked up.
Re: HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? by Phummiegold(f): 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
Even Glo sef dey call wella, 'em go call u as if na one important call u wan receive... Infact, d tin don tire me walahiii.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AfriOne First To Deliver N-Power Devices (Photos) / TECNO Camon 12 Pro Unboxing And Quick Review (photos) / Facebook Has New Emoji, But They Are Very Scary (See Screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.