Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,273 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

My Girl, My Brother And My Mum. I'm Confused. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl, My Brother And My Mum. I'm Confused. (948 Views)

I'm Confused On Who To Choose, Help Me Out / Dating Ebira Girl V.S Dating A Yoruba Girl. My 7 Observations. / Wooing A Girl: My Experience In Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girl, My Brother And My Mum. I'm Confused. by YoungIncredible: 5:11pm On Feb 16, 2015
I left my town to hustle in lag 4 years ago. On getting to lagos, I met my girl who was a receptionist of an hotel and living with her cousin. I also was squirting with a family member. She is 25 while in 26.
Last year, we both thought of it that we needed a privacy and also to plan for our marriage and we both realized that this is impossible while I squat. We agreed that I rent an apartment while she continues to squat since I needed the privacy most.
I rented a room self contain for 250k out of which 50k was from me, the rest came from my girlfriend and we have been copeing well.
Problem started when I helped my younger brother to get a job here in lagos in August last year. He had no option than to stay with me since I'm his only relative here in lagos. My girlfriend became uncomfortable because she could no longer sleep over and also have her privacy like before. She was coping till last month when she finally opened up to remind me why we got the apartment so as to plan our marriage. I called my brother and heard a brotherly talk with him on how he should try to save up some money out of his salary and get his own accommodation soonest. Instead of my brother to reason with me, he picked up his phone, called our mum and told my mum that my girlfriend and I planned to push him out of the house. Now my mum called to insult me and asking me why a girl should cause separation between my brother and I. I tried explaining the real story to my mum but she wasn't interested in listening to what ever I have to say. She even told me that over her dead body will she support our marriage and that I should never bring my girl home to her.
As if that's not enough, my brother now turn himself to an enemy of my girl. Whenever my girl enters, my brother either hissed or walk out of the house.
And this girl had suffered for me and with me. If not for her, I would have die of hunger the first year I came to lag. I'm confused becos I don't want to loose her, and my brother isn't ready to leave or make peace, and mummy also doesn't want to hear anything about my girl. Please what should I do?.
Re: My Girl, My Brother And My Mum. I'm Confused. by DesChyko: 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2015
“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”- Ephesians 5:31

Look, this is Africa. Your brother is your blood, but your fiancee (wife) will form a much closer bond with you if you choose to go all the way. For all she did, she deserves your respect and consideration for you shouldn't let her feel used since even you appreciates her effort. If your brother doesn't respect himself, show him the door or leave with him. But I sincerely hope the lady isn't the boss in your relationship.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girl, My Brother And My Mum. I'm Confused. by TrishaP(f): 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
DesChyko:
“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”- Ephesians 5:31

Look, this is Africa. Your brother is your blood, but your fiancee (wife) will form a much closer bond with you if you choose to go all the way. For all she did, she deserves your respect and consideration for you shouldn't let her feel used since even you appreciates her effort. If your brother doesn't respect himself, show him the door or leave with him. But I sincerely hope the lady isn't the boss in your relationship.
RESPECT!!
Re: My Girl, My Brother And My Mum. I'm Confused. by SELENAqueensy(f): 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2015
Your brother really needs to grow up...
Its a little thing he should have reason with you and being that most of the money came from the girl.
Since your mum is now involved, its kinda difficult.
I think you should talk to your g.f to give your bro a little time, and yoou should also try saving some cash and help ur bro get a house

As for mum, when you travel back, sit her down and explain things to her, am sure she will understand..

For your bro talk to him about his attitude towards ur g.f, tell him to grow up

Btw, op please don't leave that girl
Girls like that are hard to find
Re: My Girl, My Brother And My Mum. I'm Confused. by RandomVic(m): 5:55pm On Feb 16, 2015
Girlfriends come and go but brothers remains brothers till the end. Your girlfriend should have been a little more considerate to your brother. Atleast if all goes well he will eventually be a brother-in-law to her. Your brother in his own naïve reasoning isn't without fault of his own - he complicated the issue by going to your mom first instead of thinking it over... Well, he may have thought that you're been pushed around by your girlfriend. Now the onus is on you to 'de-escalate' the issue.. This is the sort of family issue that can only be solved by the parties involved, no amount of advice we give here on nairaland can help you in any way. You alone know your mom and her 'antics' you alone know your bro - is he just your sibling or is he your buddie, bestfriend aswell? got to use your what you have to bring peace, in the end you all need each other. You can't just choose one over the other - your girl is your girl. Your fam will always be your fam. Peace!
Re: My Girl, My Brother And My Mum. I'm Confused. by ernie1234(m): 9:40pm On Feb 16, 2015
Try and explain to your mum the role she played in your life before your brother came.
While you can assist in the payment of a room apartment for your brother to start leaving independently.
Be a man and start leaving your life..........Time waits for nobody
Re: My Girl, My Brother And My Mum. I'm Confused. by falconey(m): 9:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
bro your problem is bigger than my GF boobs......no comment, please take this problem to frontpage

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Trying To Win You Vs Who Is Trying To Keep You / I Slept With Over 3000 Men! / Reasons Why Some Ladies May Remain Unmarried Part 3 (the End)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.