Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,202 members, 7,818,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Losing Weight Has Destroyed My Sex Life - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Losing Weight Has Destroyed My Sex Life (2042 Views)

High Blood Pressure & Women's Sex Life - Expert Advises / Diseases That Mess Up Your Sex Life / How Auxillary Nurses N Nigeria Has Destroyed D Life Of Many (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Losing Weight Has Destroyed My Sex Life by bolliejay(m): 5:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
Losing weight has destroyed my sex life': Bride who shed NINE STONE for her wedding day left with so much excess skin she refuses to let husband see her naked

When 19 stone Kristina Miles planned to slim down ahead of her wedding day, the bride-to-be hoped she would look and feel sexier than ever.

However the newly-wed, who lost an incredible 9 stone in time for her big day with husband Ashley, from Ipswich, Suffolk, said losing the weight has destroyed her sex life.

The 23-year-old, who went from a size 24 to a 14, said she was horrified after shedding the pounds left her with the 'body of a granny' due to excess skin.

The slimmer has been turned down for skin removal surgery on the NHS and fears her only option to look attractive again is to gain the weight she lost to save her marriage.

Kristina, who is a mother of three (two daughters aged five and one, and a son aged 4) said: 'I cannot stay like this. It's like being locked in a prison of skin.

'I just wanted to look good on my wedding day but dieting for my wedding has destroyed everything
I felt like I was hiding a big secret under my wedding dress. Everyone told me I looked lovely but they had no idea of the horror underneath.'

Kristina added that not only did her appearance ruin her wedding day but has also affected her marriage.

'My husband was marrying a granny. The first year of our married life has been horrific. I want to feel normal again. Some days I wish I could cut it all off myself.'

Kristina shed the pounds in a bid to look good for her wedding to Ashley, who she met after splitting from the dad of her first child, Dylan.

She was spurred on to get slim after her first attempt to buy a wedding dress ended in disaster because none would fit.

'I took one into the changing rooms and I was puffing and panting trying to get it on. I was bright red, sweating and close to tears. In the end I just pulled it off and ran out of the shop.'
Kristina worries that the only way she can feel normal is to put the weight she lost back on
+10

Kristina worries that the only way she can feel normal is to put the weight she lost back on

After several successful weeks of dieting, her GP prescribed medication to boost her weight loss and soon she was shedding one stone per month.

Kristina's weight loss was a huge success seeing her go from a size 24 to a size 14. But Kristina noticed that as more fat melted away, it left behind saggy skin.

Re: Losing Weight Has Destroyed My Sex Life by bolliejay(m): 5:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
On the day of her wedding, she was close to tears as she had to tuck the excess skin into her knickers.

'I should have felt a million dollars because I had made it to a size 14. But I felt disgusting. I was hiding the body of a pensioner.'

She smiled happily for photographs but says she was dreading the wedding night.

'It should have been such a special night but I felt too self-conscious to enjoy it. I felt sexier when I was fatter. I felt like a freak but Ashley told me not to be daft.'

After the wedding she saw her GP who agreed to refer her for an apronectomy to remove the loose skin on her stomach.

But the referral was rejected and now Kristina is at a loss at what to do as she is unable to afford the procedure herself.

'We don't have the money for private surgery. It would cost at least £10,000.'

She admits that in her darkest moments she is tempted to start eating junk again to fill out the empty folds.

'It means I would have lost all the weight for nothing but how can I live looking like this? I feel constantly sick with shame and anxiety.'

Re: Losing Weight Has Destroyed My Sex Life by Gmajor(m): 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
she is 23yr n she already has 3 kids. Nawa oh
Re: Losing Weight Has Destroyed My Sex Life by Vision4God: 7:10pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ds really serious. All in d name of "Fashion"
Re: Losing Weight Has Destroyed My Sex Life by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:02pm On Feb 16, 2015
That is what happens when one undergoes a rapid weight loss therapy via strict diet and taking of weight loss pills. Gradual is always the way. Loosing weight should not be done to fit a particular cloth for a particular ocassion. Achieving a healthy weight should be a lifestyle. I always advice ladies doing the weight loss "thing" to always gym so as to tone the muscles. Light strength training as well as doing sit-ups and squats will always firm up the stomach muscles and the butto.cks.

(1) (Reply)

Best Beard Style For Your Face Shape (must See For All Men) / Free Immune Booster:prepare It Yourself. / Israeli Virus Not Chinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.