Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,895 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? (1416 Views)

MTN, Multichoice Or Shoprite, Which Will You Want To Retain In Nigeria? / The Nigerian Police Force Channels And Emergency Numbers / What Is Your Most Treasured Possession And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by layi(m): 5:57pm On Oct 06, 2005
Your Prized Possession
I pray this doesnt happen but supposing you get home one day and your house is caught in a wild fire (no one at home though) but u had the opportunity to take just one thing out (within seconds). What would you go for?
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by nike4luv(f): 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2005
mhm..dats hard..am coming back
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by hotangel2(f): 9:01pm On Oct 06, 2005
daing.. daing... daing.. This is hard. Can i take Just my room? Yeah the only possesion i want is everything in my room.

bahh seriously, this is hard.... anyways I would take my teddy bear.. The big one. We've been through alot together and besides i cheerish who gave him to me. That's all i need. cry
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by WesleyanA(f): 2:03am On Oct 07, 2005
tough question layi.
you didn't tell us what you would take!
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by Scorpio(f): 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2005
hmm, my certificates hopefully.
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by uchetobi(f): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2005
my box of clothes shocked. im really sorry i know it sounds like vanity.
but my parents would replace neccessities first and ignore stuff like clothes. besides i love ma clothes so much kiss. most are irreplacable not with this obasanjo ban on imported clothes sad
i hope my bible will be in the box
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by layi(m): 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2005
The fire extinguisher...2 stop the invasion.  grin

Ok seriously.
I'll take only the thing I can't replace and value the most.

I'll take my Money.
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by Scorpio(f): 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2005
cheesy
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by Latoya(f): 4:58pm On Oct 07, 2005
My credentials o.All my school certificate,awards.
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by Scorpio(f): 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2005
That's what i'm talkin about cos if u can retrieve them, you can start life again. get a new job, good pay and then you can recover what u lost in the fire. grin
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by kelvin(m): 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2005
One possession I'ld take if there were an emergency?
I guess I'll take my computer system, I've got a lot of information on it...
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by uchetobi(f): 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2005
oh but you can get your credentials back. you'leed a police report and an id say an national passport or drivers liscense for proper identification. i know someone thats done that
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by vexxy(f): 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2005
I'd grab my purse.

Any and every emergency that I've encountered, I've always grabbed my purse. Leave the coat, leave the food, leave everything else but my purse. . . . . ok, once I grabbed my shoes as well only because I was wearing heels and I couldn't run fast enough in them.

I would grab my purse because in it contains:

My money
My credit cards
My driver's license
the keys to my house and car
My work building pass
My cell phone
Some candy and gum
Sunglasses
Matches
Pens
Lip gloss
Lotion
Voters Registration Card
Business Cards and business contact cards
And a few pictures

Yes, all of that in my purse! That's why I'll always think to take it in case of an emergency. It will have almost everything I'll need for immediate survival.
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by layi(m): 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2005
@Vexxy
Seems you've got lots of valuables in it. Have u ever gone out without ur purse?
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by nike4luv(f): 9:17pm On Oct 07, 2005
i made a decision with my mum..we will take

passport
certificate and our creditcards
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by Bibi(m): 9:19pm On Oct 07, 2005
I think if confronted with a sudden, life threathening emergency, we will not be looking for anything to save, but yourself. So "I" am the only one posession I will retain. I believe once the disaster is over, my secured brain will be able to perform a disaster recovery (or Business continuity planning) for me to get started again.
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by vexxy(f): 11:39pm On Oct 07, 2005
Layi, I've never left the house without my purse. Even when I sit to eat I put my foot through the strap so that I won't accidentally forget it. It's such a habit now that I do it unconsciously. My mother always taught me that a lady never leaves without her purse. I guess it stuck with me tongue
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by hotangel2(f): 11:56pm On Oct 07, 2005
Your credentials and imporatant papers... should be with your lawyer/bank. Don't keep stuffs like that at home. It's bad.

Credit card is no big deal.. u'll get a new one. As long u tell them the former one is burnt.
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by enkae(f): 12:18am On Jul 01, 2007
i have no idea what i would grab in a case like that.probably my purse or my hand bag! yes my hand bag is more likely.as long as every one is out of there.
Re: What One Possession Would You Retain In an Emergency? by iice(f): 4:26am On Jul 01, 2007
My docs. . .

(1) (Reply)

Hello Im Pepsi ! / Looking For Tolu Ajao / Beware Of This Phoney Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.