Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader (20088 Views)

North-west House Caucus In Disarray Over Buhari / Metuh, Fayose Attend PDP Caucus Meeting / Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by LRNZH(m): 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
ABUJA-THE Peoples Democratic Party, PDP House of Representatives caucus Monday met to strategise on how to ensure that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC jettisons the use of a card reader in the forthcoming elections.

Vanguard reliably gathered that PDP lawmakers who were invited by their leaders to design ways and means to ensure that the card reader described as an alien instrument was constitutional.

Some of the lawmakers who spoke to Vanguard under the condition of anonymity said the card reader has not been tested in any part of the country and should not be tested with a major election like that of presidential and. National Assembly elections.

They argued that its usage now may spell doom for the general elections if it finally fails at the wee hours of the election.

A top ranking member of the House told Vanguard that ”using the card reader in an important election like this is dangerous as its veracity has not been ascertained.
He explained further that ”another issue INEC must urgently look into is that of the card reader that has turned into another major source of concern”.

“This is the first time the apex electoral body is using it and for a very sensitive election like that of the presidential election and that of the National Assembly it could spell doom if it suddenly packs up”.

“If it fails what happens because it has not been tested in any part of Nigeria it would have been better if it is used to conduct a bye election not a major election like this one because it has not been properly verified”.

The meeting which was held in a major hotel in Apo axis of Abuja was well attended by PDP lawmakers.

As at the time of filing this report the meeting was still on-going.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/pdp-caucus-secret-meeting-inec-card-reader/#sthash.Iknfj6ZZ.dpuf

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by mystockyear: 8:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
PDP heeeen,

no matter how much secret meeting. GMB is the answer May 29 by God grace

131 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by SeverusSnape(m): 8:35pm On Feb 16, 2015
The card readers shall surely be used. No doubt about that.
There's nothing anybody can do about it.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
They want to rig the election. They cannot dictate to INEC. INEC is an independent body that should be left to do what is best for the upcoming election. PDP can never win a free and fair election anywhere in Nigeria.

104 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Jorussia(m): 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
Make dis election just come and go jare.No be one day dem day start something. Dem nv first use the card readers for other countries?

8 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
the fear of card readers is the beginning of fear of losing elections by PDP.

I dey laugh!

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by kheart(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
If all those analysis about d card reader given by inec re quite true den pdp ll defintely find it difficult to use deir motto (rigging machines) dis time

10 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by luvmijeje(f): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
Whether PDP oppose or not, the party can only rig where they're popular.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
Just watching 28th march far away from pluto..

2 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by rusher14: 8:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
Forget using technology to fight corruption use your TVC (and those of goats, your whole extended family) today.

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by egift(m): 8:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
PDP in power is the biggest problem in Nigeria.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by LRNZH(m): 9:05pm On Feb 16, 2015
This plan has failed even before the evil meeting started.
From another mainstream media house, we get evidence of GEJ/PDP desperation.

Let us expose these riggers abeg.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by kestolove95(m): 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2015
On card. Reader we stand

13 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by coldsummer: 9:19pm On Feb 16, 2015
Surely they will gather....but they will gather in vain

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by sochima1989(m): 9:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
Am concerned anyone against INEC @ this time
Isn't patriotic

7 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by j4sure(m): 9:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ko possible

5 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by jaymichael(m): 9:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
berem:

I dey laugh!
What wont the PDP fear? they fear GMB,they fear elections, they fear jail, they fear PVC, now they fear CARD READER. Berem, what is the issue between Barcanistar and Gbawe? Both are intelligent members that I respect and enjoy their opinions on this forum. I also don't see Obiageli as frequently as she used to be?

15 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by freshness2020: 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
Hmmm
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by menesheh(m): 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
good
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by jingh(f): 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
Am nt suprised.
D card reader is 99% rigging free and pdp cant do without rigging eg ekiti

buhari for a gud,free and fair election.
Buhari 4 president

20 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by doctokwus: 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
Criminals looking for every available scam to thwart their impending thrashing at the polls.
GEJ's days are numbered.

15 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by jaymichael(m): 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
berem:

I dey laugh!
What wont the PDP fear? they fear GMB,they fear elections, they fear jail, they fear PVC, now they fear CARD READER. Berem, what is the issue between Barcanistar and Gbawe? Both are intelligent members that I respect and enjoy their opinions on this forum. I also don't see Obiageli as frequently as she used to be?
#change
#WeDontWantDebateWeWantElections

13 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
This government sef...

Its so bad that I have blacklisted NTA and AIT from my screen. In fact whenever anyone from PDP or from that rock in Abuja is speaking I quickly turn off. I am tired of everything about the ruling class in Abuja.

I have made up my mind and there is no going back.

22 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by afoo02(m): 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
card reader or not, PDP cant win in STATE

7 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by personal59: 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
K I dey sidon dey look where u ppl wan use room enter.

V
O
T
E

G
E
N
M
U
H.
B
U
H
A
R
I

A
N
D

O
S
I
N
B
A
N
J
O

Pls my good people don't waste ur vote is better not to vote at all than to waste ur time, energy and money

Pls vote APC for the real transformation Nigeria deserved

Hated by many, wanted by few, disliked by
some, confronted by many, what a failed
Government. we know that even the devil
still have followers so its not big deal still
seeing them standing firmly for the failed
government.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Viktor1983(m): 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
K
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by ernie1234(m): 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
PDP looks so unsettled despite the postponement,they are still undecided on how to rigg the elections........
I can smell defeat already brewing......

10 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by living2013(m): 9:26pm On Feb 16, 2015
Though the use of the card reader may help for credible election, but it is
really supposed to be tested before a big election like this.

I could remember, during voters card registration before 2011 election,
alot of people were unable to register on time because the system failed to detect their finger print

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Comparison Between APC Vs PDP Inaugural State Campaigns / Ben Ayade Declares Curfew In Cross River State / After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.