Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings (35628 Views)

APC Expels John Akpan Udoedehe, Former Minister / Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos / Tinubu Bars Pro-saraki Senator, Alasoadura, From APC Caucus Meetings-the Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by OnReflection: 9:49am On Nov 16, 2015
Akpabio gave us N3m “transport money” each after PDP caucus meetings – Ex-Minister

November 16, 2015

[img]http://media.premiumtimesng.com/wp-content/files/banners/640x480xakpan_udoedehe_121141308.jpg.pagespeed.ic.fYL3QPFpGD.webp[/img]

A former Nigerian minister and senator from Akwa Ibom State, John Udoedehe, has narrated how the state’s immediate past governor, Godswill Akpabio, regularly doled out huge amounts of money as “transport” to politicians, each time they had a political meeting.

Mr. Udoedehe, a former Minister of State for FCT, said caucus members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, were given at least N3 million each as “transport”, every night they met to discuss the party’s affairs.

He admitted the governor gave him a “special” sum, way more than the already outrageous N3 million others received.

“Godswill Akpabio used to give us at least N3million each as transport money every night we attended caucus meeting in Government House,” he said during an interview on Planet FM in Uyo on Saturday, November 7. “My own was special, it was more than N3million.”

The former minister said despite the largesse, he still fell out with Mr. Akpabio, who is now the senate minority leader.

He made the claim to buttress his argument that he could not be bought with money.

Mr. Akpabio could not be immediately reached for comments.

Mr. Udoedehe, who is now a Board of Trustees member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, also narrated how a Divisional Police Officer was held in his community by villagers, for attempting to illegally take away election materials during the April 11 governorship poll in the state.

He said the DPO was held for some time at Afaha Offot, Uyo Local Government Area, and was eventually rescued by a team of mobile policemen led by the commissioner of police, Akwa Ibom State.

Mr. Udoedehe did not give the name of the officer, but said he was from the “C” Division, Uyo.

Gabriel Achong, now retired, was the commissioner of police in Akwa Ibom State at the time.

A tribunal recently nullified the outcome of the polls in 18 out of 31 Local Government Areas of the state.

“What I did in my village, I need to tell you this. They came to carry the ballot boxes in my village. The incident is recorded at the police headquarters in Akwa Ibom State,” Mr. Udoedehe said.

“The villagers stopped the DPO ‘C’ Division and other policemen who came to cart away the (election) materials. In fact, the commissioner of police mobilised police from everywhere to my village to release the DPO,” Mr. Udoedehe said in response to a question whether he participated in the governorship election.

“So, did the election (eventually) hold in your village?” Planet FM went on to ask Mr. Udoedehe who is also a former senator.

“No, we had that incident,” Mr. Udoedehe responded.

“So, did you vote or did you not vote?” the interviewer pressed.

“I said we had an incident in my village,” he responded again.

Mr. Udoedehe said the incident was another demonstration that he should have been the governorship candidate of APC in the state – not Umana Okon Umana.

“What I did in my own ward (during the election), Umana Okon Umana (the APC governorship candidate) couldn’t do in his own village. I am giving you fact. My village did not allow the DPO to leave with the ballot materials. It took the entire mobile police base to come to my village. They shot guns and arrested the people,” he said.

Mr. Udoedehe said he deserved to be a governorship candidate of APC, and not Mr. Umana, because of his contributions to the party within and outside Akwa Ibom state.

He said APC leaders in Lagos and Abuja were compromised before the party primary that produced Mr. Umana as the APC governorship candidate, and that the primary was rigged in Mr. Umana’s favour.

“The party wanted to do to Timipre Sylva in Bayelsa State what they did to me here. But the good people of Bayelsa who supported Sylvia stood against it,” Mr. Udoedehe said.

“They succeeded against me because of the individuals we planted in the party. They betrayed me because their interest was money and position. They abandoned me because I didn’t make them to swear to mbiam (fetish oath). I trusted them. I loved them. People said I should not put them there, but I put them there. At the time they were supposed to support me, they left me without any reason,” said Mr. Udoedehe.

He said he was in court to challenge the APC primary that Mr. Umana won, and that he would fight on till the case gets to the Supreme Court.
But APC in Akwa Ibom State denied having any pre-election case in the court against Mr. Umana.

“The case exists only in the imagination of Udoedehe,” the APC Publicity Secretary, Akwa Ibom State, Ita Awak, told PREMIUM TIMES.

Mr. Udoedehe said in the interview that nobody in APC or PDP could use money to influence him to do anything that was against his conviction.
He denied the rumour that PDP paid him to go out and speak publicly against APC because of the fresh political battle prompted by the Akwa Ibom governorship Election Tribunal judgment.

“People go about telling lies that I am coming out to speak so that I could be given money, do I look like somebody you can pay? I have sustained opposition in Akwa Ibom state on my own, is it now that I’ll collect money from someone?

“When I had N1billion to pay as deposit for the Nigeria Newsprint Manufacturing Company in Oku Iboku, how many people in Akwa Ibom state, apart from government, had money? When they were selling Nigeria, through privatization, how many of them in Akwa Ibom had money to buy anything?”

To reiterate his claims that nobody can buy him with money, the former senator said he was bold enough to leave the then Akwa Ibom governor, Godswill Akpabio, and the PDP at a time Mr. Akpabio was doling out money regularly to members of PDP caucus in the state, of which he said he was part of.

“Godswill Akpabio used to give us at least N3million each as transport money every night we attended caucus meeting in Government House. My own was special, it was more than N3million. But even with this gift, I disagreed with him (Akpabio) and left him. I left because Akwa Ibom’s interest was paramount to me than any other thing.

“The main reason I quarreled with Godswill Akpabio is that the government derailed initially by bringing people that were not supposed to be in government. Government is so sacred. There are people that are not supposed to be in government. If you allow them in, then that sacredness would be broken,” Mr. Udoedehe said.

Mr. Udoedehe accused Mr. Akpabio, who is now senate minority leader, of misusing state funds and causing poverty in Akwa Ibom state.
“Development goes beyond infrastructure,” he said. “People in Uyo are now selling off their properties, including their fathers’ graves. It shows the level of poverty here.”

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/193222-akpabio-gave-us-n3m-transport-money-each-after-pdp-caucus-meetings-ex-minister.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2015
Hmmm!
Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by hinwazaka: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2015
MR UDOHEE WHO IS NOW A BOARD OF TRUSTEE OF THE APC, is where the story ends

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by PRYCE(m): 10:05am On Nov 16, 2015
And they say the PDP is broke?

Delusions of Grandeur!

PS: before you quote me with BS like... 'he misappropriated Ibom funds to enrich himself and bla bla bla, Ask yourself where Buhari got the funds he used to fly all over Nigeria to spearhead his campaigns from... Same misappropriated Rivers Funds!!

So the pot will be damned before calling the kettle 'Soot- Laden'

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by Frank3n2(m): 10:15am On Nov 16, 2015
Na wha o.. While the masses suffer!!

4 Likes

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by kestolove95(m): 10:18am On Nov 16, 2015
D man is a cheerful giver...givers never lack, continue stealing peoples moni nd givn it out

7 Likes

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by hedonistic: 10:19am On Nov 16, 2015
And you collected the money abi? You didn't reveal this nonsense at the time he gave you the money - until you quarrelled with him ba?

Make thunder fire that your dog-meat polluted mouth. It seems every APC member swears to an oath of hypocrisy before joining the party.

Anuofia.

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by babyfaceafrica: 10:21am On Nov 16, 2015
Thieves everywhere....

3 Likes

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:34am On Nov 16, 2015
Mr. Udoedehe, who is now a Board of Trustees member of the ruling All Progressives Congress
grin grin grin grin

The man was pocketing cooooool N3million until he fell out with Akpabio in 2010. What da hell... Rogues

BTW: How much did Amaechi give out to APC Chieftains when he was Governor?

42 Likes

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by AkpanUnanam(m): 10:34am On Nov 16, 2015
God will water this our MOVEMENT in jesus name and also bless our Amiable leader SEN J.J UDOEDEHE, its matter of time we would get back our mandate

3 Likes

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by frankyychiji(f): 10:35am On Nov 16, 2015
Udoedeghe or whatever his name is, is very pained because he knows that he will never be governor of Aks as long as Akpabio lives!

He was giving you special money and you were gladly and thankfully collecting it until you got greedy and wanted some more!

Thankfully, Akpabio your nightmare rose up to the occasion and bundled your arse out of town.

You will never ever be governor Sen John Udoedheghe!
And i have no doubt that you already this.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by brofula(m): 10:41am On Nov 16, 2015
This Man is so corrupt . how come you want to draw public sympathy now. Akpabio gave you more than NGN3mm each time you met. but you never said anything.
If you are a good man first return all the money you took from Akpabio back to AKSG before we can listen to you.
BAD LOOSER.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by AkpanUnanam(m): 10:43am On Nov 16, 2015
hedonistic:
And you collected the money abi? You didn't reveal this nonsense at the time he gave you the money - until you quarrelled with him ba?

Make thunder fire that your dog-meat polluted mouth. It seems every APC member swears to an oath of hypocrisy before joining the party.

Anuofia.
did you even read the write-up or understanding gap is your problem or shall i say that the betrayer that the man recieve should be your portion? Say Amen to it

1 Like

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by Dannyset(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2015
This rogue Udoedeche is crazy and should be arrested for collecting bribe Somebody was giving you above 3million as Tfare at a sitting and ur here talking about you can't be bought. What kind of politicians are we even dealing with in Nigeria? And APC didn't even vet him before accepting him into the Party, now he's already saying rubbish.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by AkpanUnanam(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2015
frankyychiji:
Udoedeghe or whatever his name is, is very pained because he knows that he will never be governor of Aks as long as Akpabio lives!

He was giving you special money and you were gladly and thankfully collecting it until you got greedy and wanted some more!

Thankfully, Akpabio your nightmare rose up to the occasion and bundled your arse out of town.

You will never ever be governor Sen John Udoedheghe!
And i have no doubt that you already this.
are you God or you just want to show the world how domed you're.may God forgive you for lack of knowing what you write.

1 Like

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by BeardedMeat(m): 10:55am On Nov 16, 2015
AkpanUnanam:
did you even read the write-up or understanding gap is your problem or shall i say that the betrayer that the man recieve should be your portion? Say Amen to it
Which betrayal are you talking about? After collecting more than 3million from Akpabio at every sitting has he not had his fair share of the cake? May he wants to eat his cake and have it!

5 Likes

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by OnReflection: 11:02am On Nov 16, 2015
Dannyset:
This rogue Udoedeche is crazy and should be arrested for collecting bribe Somebody was giving you above 3million as Tfare at a sitting and ur here talking about you can't be bought. What kind of politicians are we even dealing with in Nigeria? And APC didn't even vet him before accepting him into the Party, now he's already saying rubbish.

The emboldened portion of your post speaks to the kind of inverted reasoning Nigerian politicians advance, on good conscience.
For sheer tomfoolery, he needs to be tied to the stakes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by rooftech: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2015
fools that why some of you need to get a good education,the man said he left that money for APC in 2009, because governance was adulterated.

it is known fact he was imprisoned by akpabio.
Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by BeardedMeat(m): 11:09am On Nov 16, 2015
AkpanUnanam:
are you God or you just want to show the world how domed you're.may God forgive you for lack of knowing what you write.
That guy you quoted was right. Udoedehe will never be governor, he will only be involved in campaing for others as long as he lives. I will advise you to leave this thread because your propagabda is not working at all.

7 Likes

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by OnReflection: 11:12am On Nov 16, 2015
rooftech:
fools that why some of you need to get a good education,the man said he left that money for APC in 2009, because governance was adulterated.

^^^Comprehension is clearly not one of your stronger points.

Mr. Udoedehe, a former Minister of State for FCT, said caucus members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, were given at least N3 million each as “transport”, every night they met to discuss the party’s affairs.

He admitted the governor gave him a “special” sum, way more than the already outrageous N3 million others received.

“Godswill Akpabio used to give us at least N3million each as transport money every night we attended caucus meeting in Government House,” he said during an interview on Planet FM in Uyo on Saturday, November 7. “My own was special, it was more than N3million.”

The former minister said despite the largesse, he still fell out with Mr. Akpabio, who is now the senate minority leader.

2 Likes

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:21am On Nov 16, 2015
hinwazaka:
MR UDOHEE WHO IS NOW A BOARD OF TRUSTEE OF THE APC, is where the story ends
bros fear journalism. Am in uyo though didnt listen to that interview in full, but my lady did. Udoedehe really blasted the entire apc caucus both in the state n fed, he accuse d present apc candidate of bribing tinubu and apc leaders the sum of 1.3billion naira for the guber ticket.
Thr is serious crisis in apc in the state.
And at the end d man told all apc supporters to support udom emmanuel the current govr of akwaibom state who apc wants to steal his mandate. The man reveal so many things, this one premiumtimes are so economical with the interview, it behooves a whole lot of partisanship in thier reportage.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:26am On Nov 16, 2015
AkpanUnanam:
did u listen to the interview?
If no then shut up.
Premiumtimes is giving sketchy episode of the whole interview.
Till now planet fm hvnt re-air that interview but they have played back the one ita awak came n do just to save their image after udoedehe blasted umana's camp and their structure.

7 Likes

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:28am On Nov 16, 2015
rooftech:

when was apc formed?

7 Likes

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by vedaxcool(m): 11:32am On Nov 16, 2015
Na big thiefman him be Nah grin grin grin
Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by johnstar(m): 11:32am On Nov 16, 2015
K
Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by 360ng: 11:33am On Nov 16, 2015
hmm m
Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by Guyman02: 11:33am On Nov 16, 2015
He said this after smoking a very hot ganja.

As a 'repented' APC stalwart now, is he now going to refund the illegal money to Akwa Ibom State or use it and build a primary school as a way of pay back if he is afraid the money will be misappropriated if refunded? We are watching.

5 Likes

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by nigerianvenom(m): 11:34am On Nov 16, 2015
Udoedeghe, umana, etiebiet and attah are all thieves.
We have send them tl dungeon

2 Likes

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by McBrooklyn(m): 11:34am On Nov 16, 2015
Girl be lyk dis when they meet their fellow
girls

Ada: Sweetheart howfa?

Tina: Darling am ok

Ada: Waow! I love your hair

Tina: Thank you my love

Ada: You're welcome honey. Am coming to
your house today, so how is it gonna be?

Tina: Sweet

Ada: I hope you have food at home?

Tina: Yes sweetheart, just come over anytime
you like

A GUY DECIDED TO TRY SAME WITH HIS
FRIEND

Peter: Sweetheart howfa nah?

Ibe: Come, you smoke?

Peter: Handsome, I love this your belt

Ibe: Oboy wait o, which day you turn to gay?

Peter: Can I come over to your house?

Ibe: Come do wetin?

Peter: Ok, ok, can i take you out tonight or can i
come over to your house?

Ibe: Idiot, make better thunder fire you there.
So you dey find who you go tear im yarsh and
person wey go follow you go prison for
14years abi? Make better thunder fire you there
grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 16, 2015
Why are they just singing this song.

We will also need to know who paid them for this "performance"

grin

3 Likes

Re: Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings by adonbilivit: 11:34am On Nov 16, 2015
if PDP had won would u say this? mtscheww...end time

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Full List Of Fresh Ambassadorial Nominees Submitted By President Buhari Today / INEC Declares Sokoto State Governorship Election "Inconclusive" / Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan With Makarfi At PDP Secretariat (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.