Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Its Official, Igbos Can No Longer Claim To Have Some Isreali DNA :) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Its Official, Igbos Can No Longer Claim To Have Some Isreali DNA :) (8433 Views)

8 Historical Reasons Why Ijaw claim to Ndoki Is Baseless. / Why Do Igbo People Claim Yoruba Words To Be Theirs? / Egyptian DNA Tests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Official, Igbos Can No Longer Claim To Have Some Isreali DNA :) by Obiobi8(m): 8:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
These tests compare your dna to the dna of the people who live in a place today..

They don't compare your dna to the dna of people who lived in a place 30 000 years ago..

So for those of you who are out to confirm or disprove historical facts or prophecies, just know that this type dna test will not do that..

You would need a full archeological and genetic investigation to figure out which population moved where and when..

And I doubt a $100 kit will do that for you..

Regarding the accuracy of the test there have also been controversies about the margins of error..

As far as Igbos are concerned I strongly doubt that all Igbos share the exact same ancestry..

Likely many lost populations are contained inside the gene pool of what is today known as Igbo population..

We all look too varied..

In my family there are 6 people and we have 6 different skin colours and 6 different skull shapes and body types..

And when I say different I mean totally different..

I've noticed that other human populations and even other animal species don't have such a wide range of differences in their physical aesthetic make up..
Re: Its Official, Igbos Can No Longer Claim To Have Some Isreali DNA :) by stinechykee: 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2017
Yorubas and jealousy,i dont know why this Yoruba people masturbate wen issues of Igbo's are being raised or discussed

1 Like

Re: Its Official, Igbos Can No Longer Claim To Have Some Isreali DNA :) by Rossikki: 8:28am On Jan 17, 2017
DO YOU PEOPLE REALISE THAT THE PRESENT OCCUPANTS OF ISRAEL ARE NOT DESCENDED FROM THE ANCIENT ISRAELITES?

THEY ARE EUROPEANS!!!

EUROPEANS DID NOT LIVE IN ISRAEL IN ANTIQUITY. CONDUCTING A DNA TEST TO SEE IF YOU ARE OF THE SAME STOCK AS MODERN ISRAELIS MAKES NO SENSE! THE ANCIENT ISRAELIS WERE YOU, NOT THEM.

4 Likes

Re: Its Official, Igbos Can No Longer Claim To Have Some Isreali DNA :) by alfarouq(m): 7:25am On Jan 20, 2017
I don't know why some are trying so desperately to attach themselves to Jews while those with the most prospects in nigeria will be mad at you for trying to relate them with the yahud.
I once came across an article that says the fullo is the link that connects the two descendants of Abraham.
They are as a result of intermarriage between the Assyrians and the Israelites after the conquest of the Israelites by the Assyrians centuries back.
This made the fullo to combine the shyness and aggressiveness of an Arab with the cunningness foresight and non forgiving attitude of a Jew.
I am not saying this is the reality, may be researchers and those with better knowledge of history can help out because this is one story a Fulani will always reject.
Re: Its Official, Igbos Can No Longer Claim To Have Some Isreali DNA :) by labani06(m): 12:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
grin hahaha e pain am woo confused people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Y Most African Doesn't Like It When People Say They Look Like African! / Family Of Shehu Usman Dan Fodio According To His Daughter Nana Asmau (1793-1864) / Ooni Of Ife Foresees Bright Economic Future For Nigeria- Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.