Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal (89847 Views)

I Was Blackmailed For Allegedly Putting Ucth Funds In Mmm— Prof. Agan, Cmd / Review On Antenatal And Delivery Experience At St. Luke's Hospital, Sabo-yaba / Genital Shaving: Must We Shave Private Parts? "Glamekizzle" Must Read!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by onila(f): 9:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
babyme1:
Marry her first before worrying about ante-natals. Next
grin
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by reginaldchinna: 9:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
shadowgwalker:
!it's not so oh!it's only when they complain of complications in the womb, it's mostly female nurses who understand their body more that does such. over here in the north, a man won't even try it!how many women will he insert in a day?how much sanitizer will he buy to burn his skin while sanitizing?
is clear you are not in the medical line...antenal visit are done 4weekly till 28week gestation then 2weekly till 36week and weekly till delivery,from the 30th week you start clinical pelvimetry which is where you have to insert your hand to check the birth canal to see if it is adequate for the baby to pass,is done by the doctor or in less powered health care facilities is can be done by an experienced midwife
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by mbulela: 9:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
oweniwe:

the amount of gbagaun people are "commiting" now a days.... Even graduates..... Its pathetic....

They will blame government....
No be government... Na lack of book reading habit for secondary school dey cause am
Coupled with WhatsApp and text language.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Beey(f): 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
kcdegr8:
Soo many funny comments, i cant help smiling while reading through.

Op lets get some facts clear, vaginal examination is rarely done during routine antenatal visits unless its ABSOLUTELY necessary. As a matter of fact, it can induce labour prematurely, and ofcos we dont want that.

That said, i think you need a change of perception about this whole thing. Doctors are professionals and whether you like it or not, some day your wife is going to part her legs on the doctor's table. Those clamouring for female gynae or whatever are somewhat being naive. Wait till your wife has a critical condition, then you realise your wife's well being rather than the doctor's gender is all that matters.
Tell this Op about pap smears.Where I am,we get them regularly & we are still here. Though I'll admit I hate them gynaecological exams.Pap smears are done to check for abnormal cells in the cervix and are especially recommended for all sexually active women.Normal vaginal exams include a manual exam, where a doctor will insert two fingers to feel for cysts or any abnormalities in the cervix.Speculums or Scopes may also be used to achieve the desired results.It is very normal & all women who can afford regular exams are encouraged to have them.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by mbulela: 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
@Op, wait until you have a urological problem and the most qualified urologist around is a female. I just pray you will not have a wet dream while she is examining you.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by aigbokiejohnson(m): 9:52pm On Feb 20, 2015
Nothing too wrong in this especially from 36weeks for pelvis assessment and good for labour initiation!
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by kwenu: 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
u be man or woman
IYANGBALI:
One of the reasons I'm studying medicine,I go finger tire grin
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
U should be thinking about the SAFETY of MOTHER and BABY not pusssy..
That's when your LADY will be needing you MOST

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by dubbiskelly(m): 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2015
Itz called vaginal examination (VE). If u can do it for her den no wahala, you can do her ante and post natal examinations. tongue
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by oweniwe(m): 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
tripleBgirl:
including you...hiding under the guise of Pidgin english.

do you think it is easy to write in pigden english? In fact, pigden english is harder to write cos there's no general spelling rules to let you know if you make mistakes ....

Well, so far as you get the message, i'm good....!!.... cool

e be like say na your type dey pour sand for other people's garri lipsrsealed
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by toshmann(m): 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
babyme1:
Marry her first before worrying about ante-natals. Next

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe grin
Nigerian girls, cheesy. Una no de fail me .

I love y'all though wink LMAO
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by gemini35(m): 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2015
omicron:
Not to sound unprofessional, the pregnant vaginna is rather repulsive, all thanks to the physiological changes he talked about.

The hormonal changes help to alter the smell of it, most times making it take on a characteristically pungent odour that can easily induce nausea and vomittin. The extra vaginal discharges, the normal thick mucus, the blood, the "show", the characteristically malodourous liqour, these things make the experience of examination of the obstetric patient somewhat repugnant.

But no one is to blame. It is all normal, even if not pleasant.

The doctors are professional, most times they do not see "vaginass". In the gynae room, it is usually a diseased tissue, in the labour room, it becomes a birth canal. And nothing more, except of cos, in the bedroom.

I have resisted to urge to vomit many times during an obsteric exam. If I did, I might have been severely disciplined for that is unethical, even though I'm human. Those who watch Grey's Anatomy series will understand more.

A major part of obstetric and gynae residency is about instillng in the doctors, the utmost respect for women , and gynaecoligists are leading partners in women's rights advocacy programs.

I also do not blame the public. It is almost impossible to really understand the medical world or medical practice.
. Hello bro are u a doc ? My friends doc said the v is neat and germ free that he should go ahead and suck, !but all I,m hearing makes it look disgusting to do, lol
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by oweniwe(m): 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
mbulela:

Coupled with WhatsApp and text language.

no go there bros....

Those ones are very annoying... angry

you'll wonder whether they're writing "rastafaria" undecided
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
@ OP

Good question you have there because you have no idea of what it is like. You've been told the truth by many already. It is a normal process during some special cases. If your girl is not comfortable with the doctor you can get her a female one. PERIOD!
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by enomakos(m): 10:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
[quote
author=VANHELLSING post=30833799] grin grin grin The op na stingy guy, im no
wan another guy like him to view & finger the thing wey im de shop.
My advice, if you don't want anybody close to your wife/fiancee, don't
get her pregnant, always use condom & look for a child and adopt
sad[/quote]bro u funny die
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Uncleodi(m): 10:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
Macmilla:

'o12. You?

Do you know Dr. Ovoke Ernest? And where in Delta did u serve?
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by dy90210: 10:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
It not routine for the doctor to check ur private part during antenatal,to check the position of the baby ,u will have to do an ultrasound, the only time the private part is been touched is during labour to check how dilated u r and what ever the doctor does will b in the presence of a nurse if the doctor was male.if by any chance the woman will require a pelvic examination... It will be clinical.so don't stress too much .
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by omicron(m): 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
gemini35:
. Hello bro are u a doc ? My friends doc said the v is neat and germ free that he should go ahead and suck, !but all I,m hearing makes it look disgusting to do, lol
lol. What i described is about the pregnant and labouring v, and it is not intended to evoke disgust for the female organ. The vaginna is not germ free, just like the other parts of the body. In fact, comparatively, the vaginna is usually less germ-free than other body parts, though is normal.

But also, like the rest of the body, the vaginna can also be (kept) neat.

Given this understanding, it is at the discretion of ur friend to choosd to suck the vaginna or not.

Medically, it is easy to contract genital herpes, HPV and some other germs through cunninlinguss.
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Yetundechef: 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
oweniwe:

the amount of gbagaun people are "commiting" now a days.... Even graduates..... Its pathetic....

They will blame government....
No be government... Na lack of book reading habit for secondary school dey cause am

Congrats, but you too join. What is "now a days".??
Na wa oo
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by seangy4konji: 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
@OP...u r just an adult with a kid brain...If you sabi the work why you know put glove for hand examine your fiancee punnany?Thats their work and its like asking your a pilot why he is looking around his plane before take off...is it your job?

Stop reasoning like this please...Puna is nothing and i guess if your fiancee was giving birth you might also be telling the doctor i dont like the way you are touching her vaginaa....

Oga titus.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by zizirecords(m): 10:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
I can confirm this 100% because I am a medical doctor with over 8 years of experience. Yes, there are some situations during antenatal when Vaginal Examination or VE would need to be done.
However, it is completely for the health benefit of the woman and not sexual or sensual. I always hated to do VEs because the p***ies usually had a bad smell and I just wanted to get it over with. In any case as a doctor, you are often too stressed and overworked to care about such things. That is not to say there aren't rare exceptions.
@OP be calm, no doctor wants to use your wife cheesy
MizMyColi:
OP sounds a tad insecure.
Doctors don't look at your wife like a sex object, I'm pretty sure they don't do it sensually too.

To them, she's just a human with an anatomy to be observed/studied for her greater good.
Biko get over it.

Better still, get her a female doctor, OB/GYN and nurse.
Or is that a cause for concern too?
cheesy
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by IYANGBALI: 10:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
kwenu:
u be man or woman
I'm both
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by oweniwe(m): 10:36pm On Feb 20, 2015
Yetundechef:

Congrats, but you too join. What is "now a days".??
Na wa oo

Its a normal Nigerian parlance nau...

Haha....

So much fuss....
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by liongirl: 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
Dera25:
Please I need a matured advice, I have been having this argument with my fiancee and I want to confirm from the house especially ladies. She said that during antenatal there is a stage the doctor will start putingt his hand on the private part to examine the condition of the baby. But my problem with this is not only to confirm the authenticity of this story but I am feeling so disgusted on how a male doctor will be putting hands on someone's darling wife because of antenatal not even during child birth. No insult please
bros its like GEJ is,pregnant and buhari is putting hand in the vignal what is he looking for?
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by harry509: 10:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
Dera25:
Please I need a matured advice, I have been having this argument with my fiancee and I want to confirm from the house especially ladies. She said that during antenatal there is a stage the doctor will start putingt his hand on the private part to examine the condition of the baby. But my problem with this is not only to confirm the authenticity of this story but I am feeling so disgusted on how a male doctor will be putting hands on someone's darling wife because of antenatal not even during child birth. No insult please
if u want me 2 tell yu. I av 2 consut d oracle, u av 2 bring 5 australian goat's, 40 tuba's of hausa yam, 1 bag of kolanut, 16 white cock's, 25 litre of palm-wine and 50 thousand naira cash 2 consut d oracle. @least I d oracle didn't demand much @ all
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by mcaylife(m): 10:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
do you know how many vagina the gynecologist see in day? your wife's hairy pvSsy will will mean nothing to him lol
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Metroman7: 10:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
Dera25:
pictures pls
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
Dera25:
haba nw, chucking his hand inside inside to check d baby's state is not necesary now, when no be say she don ready to born. why cant he just ask her to go for an ultra sound. Ultra sound is just 1k.
Shioor for d doctor...yeye man. make una sef dey look d hospital wey una dey go well well o

1 Like

Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by EzeeYFB(m): 10:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
iduzebaba:
it's called vaginal examination, and it is part of the clinical examinations for pregnant women, it is not routine, and not always done during every antenatal visit but only when it's indicated. we doctors are professionals and should not be associated with lewdness.
i pray oo
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by enomakos(m): 10:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
[quote
author=MrCork post=30922502]

....bro its not the same as s.ex though....he didn't put
his kondo inside...only his hand. For me, I think it's ok coz he only
put his hand inside yor woman's thingy. ..

..ma advise...juss drink 8 bottles of beer and u will get over
it
wink[/quote]i love ur advice man
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by DavidHunds(m): 10:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
MizMyColi:
OP sounds a tad insecure.
Doctors don't look at your wife like a sex object, I'm pretty sure they don't do it sensually too.

To them, she's just a human with an anatomy to be observed/studied for her greater good.
Biko get over it.

Better still, get her a female doctor, OB/GYN and nurse.
Or is that a cause for concern too?
cheesy
God bless You! Are you a medical student or doctor?
Re: Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal by VictorFegal: 10:48pm On Feb 20, 2015
samplegirl:

There are 2 bolded above from your post.

1, First in red is you want to know f it is true, The direct answer is YES in capital letters.

2, Secondly is the one in green, you wish to know how we ladies cope, I would rather ask you how it bothers you, are you lady for it to be worried about it? Of all the things in this world what happens in antenatal room is most worriying to you. Please leave that for women.
to be sincere, I know that the ladies are uncomfortable with this question and with a male doc exa.......... but they just get used to it, its only natural for a man to imagine what d doc will do with d wife and it's his business so it should not be left for women. My advice is to go to a female doc or a distant male doc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Who Knows What Can Cure Staph / Indian Man Cuts Off His Tongue As Sacrifice To God To Prevent Covid-19 (Graphic) / I Found This On My Family Body Please What Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.