Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,135 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business (112335 Views)

Tales Of Losses: Engage Nigeria's Army Of Half Baked Artisans At Your Peril. / Storage Business Onions And Pepper (tatashi) / Onions Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 19, 2015
I really don't know where to start but first and foremost, I will like to say a big thank you to all those who sent me mail and all those who called me. I say thank you to those who sent messages and prayers through my whatsapp. I sincerely appreciate you all.

When I opened this thread, my aim was to extend my humanitarian services to youth out there. To those who in one way or the other have thought of agri-business or going into the food stuff business either from the south to the north or north to south which ever way but don't have the link or have no idea about it. Also I have close friends in lagos precisely whom after graduation and youth service have no job till date. I pitied their condition and I thought of helping them out in this line of business since it doesn't affect mine any way.

I've once been jobless and I know what it is to be jobless. So I see nothing wrong in helping my fellow human being. Please and please, I'm not here to collect money for charges or whatsoever as some that called me earlier advised me to do. I don't have to be greedy before God can bless me. My response to them was, I'm doing it freely as a way of redeeming my pledge to God. Not just here on nairaland even within my close friends in the family and neighbour hood. All I'm interested in is to see people smile!!! Pls no charges. God is my rewarder!!! I don't have money to give out which I know one day, I will get there But I have my knowledge and experience to give out and that has been the secret of Gods blessing in my life.

For all those that sent me mails, please bear with me. All mails will be replied one after the other. I have no lap top and internet service and I hate going to d cafe. I use a phone to browse and Nepa wahala is my challenge but I will definately reply all your mails.

Thanks once again and God Bless You all.
IBIJOKE O.M

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2015
trekkie:
@ catered. thank you very much for this write up. please i will send you email soon. since you say with 5k one can start something. i am inspired. you are a credit to your husband.

Thank you sir
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2015
mrsage:
Watching

Lol, I was once like you, always watching.

11 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by hahn(m): 5:55pm On Feb 19, 2015
Catered4:
I really don't know where to start but first and foremost, I will like to say a big thank you to all those who sent me mail and all those who called me. I say thank you to those who sent messages and prayers through my whatsapp. I sincerely appreciate you all.

When I opened this thread, my aim was to extend my humanitarian services to youth out there. To those who in one way or the other have thought of agri-business or going into the food stuff business either from the south to the north or north to south which ever way but don't have the link or have no idea about it. Also I have close friends in lagos precisely whom after graduation and youth service have no job till date. I pitied their condition and I thought of helping them out in this line of business since it doesn't affect mine any way.

I've once been jobless and I know what it is to be jobless. So I see nothing wrong in helping my fellow human being. Please and please, I'm not here to collect money for charges or whatsoever as some that called me earlier advised me to do. I don't have to be greedy before God can bless me. My response to them was, I'm doing it freely as a way of redeeming my pledge to God. Not just here on nairaland even within my close friends in the family and neighbour hood. All I'm interested in is to see people smile!!! Pls no charges. God is my rewarder!!! I don't have money to give out which I know one day, I will get there But I have my knowledge and experience to give out and that has been the secret of Gods blessing in my life.

For all those that sent me mails, please bear with me. All mails will be replied one after the other. I have no lap top and internet service and I hate going to d cafe. I use a phone to browse and Nepa wahala is my challenge but I will definately reply all your mails.

IBIJOKE O.M

Bravo madam.

I'm with you

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 19, 2015
kendraloops:
Op, i love your spirit. you inspire me. i would send you an email.

Thank you ma.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by arimahoseloka(m): 8:28pm On Feb 19, 2015
Catered4:

IBIJOKE O.M
UNBELIEVABLE!!! so someone called and adviced u 2 collect money from pple that want d info.. God forbid!! no wonder their life is stagnating. God will bless u dear. don't mind those idiots telling u 2 collect money. mtchew

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by ima1616(f): 10:55pm On Feb 19, 2015
hello@ ibijoke can we talk add me on watapp pls 08035175384
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
ima1616:
hello@ ibijoke can we talk add me on watapp pls 08035175384

Ok sir.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
Hello nairalanders.
Still in the mood of appreciations to all those who called, chat, prayer messages and those who visited... I sincerely appreciate.

I have no e-handout or manual and I do not intend creating one. When starting the business, I didnt use a manual so I see no reason why you should use one. All I did was thorough research and it worked.

Please for those that will be starting their journey into this business, kindly remember to share your experience and success story in your various location.
AJE A'WA OOO!

Thanks and God Bless You All.
Ibijoke O.M

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by seanswitch(m): 4:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
Good work madam. God bless u. Following the thread. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
seanswitch:
Good work madam. God bless u. Following the thread. smiley

Thanks. Amen and God Bless you too.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Emmysteve(m): 10:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
Kudos ma

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by emmykk(m): 3:11am On Feb 21, 2015
Madam i greet your office.

I like the way you break the whole thing down.distance of sokoto to lagos didnt scare you.am reading the whole post again.

I want to send a special farm produce up north from south,but since last year some1 am supposed to mentor under,is dragging foot.i think i will borrow this your courage and start.

But how does the train between lagos and kano operate specially about cargoes?do any 1 know.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Perfectbright: 5:31am On Feb 21, 2015
Thanks 4 dis info ma. I intends to buy onions and tomatoes and bring it to south. But i have question. How do i relate with hausa men seein i dont speak d language. I learnt dat hausa treat people who cannot speak their language differently. How do i get to onions market in kebbi? How long does it take to sell the product?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 21, 2015
Emmysteve:
Kudos ma

Thank you sir
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 21, 2015
emmykk:
Madam i greet your office.

I like the way you break the whole thing down.distance of sokoto to lagos didnt scare you.am reading the whole post again.

I want to send a special farm produce up north from south,but since last year some1 am supposed to mentor under,is dragging foot.i think i will borrow this your courage and start.

But how does the train between lagos and kano operate specially about cargoes?do any 1 know.

Thank you sir.
Please wait for no one. Just DO IT! Trust me, your first trip might not turn out fine. There will be some mistakes but with the mistakes, you will be able to correct them and get prepared for the next. Whenever my husband travels home (ekiti), he usually buy plantain, yam flour, palm oil and garri to sell in sokoto.
Which part of the north do you intend trading? Also I really don't know much about the rail operation in kano but I know of a woman who uses the train whenever she coming to kano with her goods. I will help you find out.
Also anyone in the house who has idea of the train services in kano or lagos should be throw more light.
Thanks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 21, 2015
Perfectbright:
Thanks 4 dis info ma. I intends to buy onions and tomatoes and bring it to south. But i have question. How do i relate with hausa men seein i dont speak d language. I learnt dat hausa treat people who cannot speak their language differently. How do i get to onions market in kebbi? How long does it take to sell the product?

Hello sir.
You don't have to speak hausa before transacting with them. Trust me, the hausas are more sincere than any other... They are always ready to help. Don't be surprise, most of them speaks Yoruba and english. Where is Your location sir? It takes 3-5 days to sell it all or if you chose to sell them right away it arrives the market. The choice is yours.
Thank you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by emmykk(m): 7:59am On Feb 21, 2015
Catered4:

Thank you sir.
Please wait for no one. Just DO IT! Trust me, your first trip might not turn out fine. There will be some mistakes but with the mistakes, you will be able to correct them and get prepared for the next. Whenever my husband travels home (ekiti), he usually buy plantain, yam flour, palm oil and garri to sell in sokoto.
Which part of the north do you intend trading? Also I really don't know much about the rail operation in kano but I know of a woman who uses the train whenever she coming to kano with her goods. I will help you find out.
Also anyone in the house who has idea of the train services in kano or lagos should be throw more light.
Thanks.
thank you,pls do ask the woman,if i can know how the rail service work with the transporting of cargo.i will be better off.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 21, 2015
Good Morning Everybody,
Please the first step into the agri- business or Food stuff business is knowing your market. Big major markets and small markets too. Find out the cost of which ever food stuff you choose to go into. Be it onions, Tomatoe, Pepper, dry pepper, Onions, Cattles, Zobo, Millet, Dawa. Maiwa, Beans, Irish, Sweet potatoe, Ginger, Garlic, Kuli, Ground nut, Carrots and other Fruits.
Please go round the markets and find out the cost of each bags or size.
I can only talk of lagos state, so those outside lagos should do their market research and then get it across to me or here on the thread. Get the lowest price to the higest price. Food stuff has no fixed price especially perishable goods. Some will sell for a low price while others will sell at a high price. So get a pen and biro, write down the food you intend going into, the least price and the highest price in the market. After then, we will move to the next phase.

Please this thread is opened to all. Let's help ourselves. Let's create Jobs for ourselves. Let's get rid of Unemployment and Poverty.

#TeamFoodMerchants

Ibijoke O.M

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 21, 2015
emmykk:
thank you,pls do ask the woman,if i can know how the rail service work with the transporting of cargo.i will be better off.

I will do that sir.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by hahn(m): 9:10am On Feb 21, 2015
Catered4:

I will do that sir.

Good morning madam,

I've been trying to reach your number but it was switched off both times.

Please, what assistance can you offer for someone like me who is also ready to start with as little as 10k? What's the potential profit margin and what role do I have to play to ensure that it works out. I reside in Sagamu Ogun state but getting to Ketu isn't a problem for me and I can make myself available to conclude the transaction @ Ketu

Thank you

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by xynerise: 10:44am On Feb 21, 2015
@Op. How do you deal with the perishable nature of the onions?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Saucekide25(m): 10:44am On Feb 21, 2015
Get up to #5000 Discount and Swift Delivery when you order items on Jumia.com[Pay on Delivery]...To place your orders Call or Whatsapp (08122204769)or e-mail me via (Eonuegbu1@gmail.com).[/quote]
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by seanswitch(m): 10:53am On Feb 21, 2015
Bros abeg take this thing to another thread joor.
Saucekide25:
Get up to #5000 Discount and Swift Delivery when you order items on Jumia.com[Pay on Delivery]...To place your orders Call or Whatsapp (08122204769)or e-mail me via (Eonuegbu1@gmail.com).

23 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 21, 2015
Rich4god:
but you know, sometimes lack of capital is a factor.
Dude, it's not lack of capital that is the problem of many Nigerians but lack of zeal, innovation, the urge to try something new, closed mind etc is what is plaguing many of us... I know someone that have done as much as 800k PURE profit in what he does between January and February... some guys have done x10 of that since the Beginning of this year. The day you realise that crazy cash are flying all around, you will hate yourself for not waking up to reality..

.. Things are happening bro... seriously...SH1TS is happening as I type this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 21, 2015
OP u r a strong n resourceful woman,i pray i marry someone with ur attributes

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by irunobo3(f): 10:58am On Feb 21, 2015
Catered4:

IBIJOKE O.M

My God bless you and your family. We Nigerians are our problems. I'm surprised some people called you to make this information a money making avenue. What is wrong with our people I won't be surprised if people you enlighten starts selling this ideas in E books and whatever means. Thanks for your openminedness

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:58am On Feb 21, 2015
Please Hw much was Ur capital & what was the total cost of transportation (including alabaru).
Finally, please how huge was the profit.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by MrCork: 10:59am On Feb 21, 2015
Catered4:
Are you in need of onions? Do you want to go into the business of buying onions from the farm in the north and selling in the markets in the south? You have no idea of how to go about the business or you are considering the stress of going to the north to buy the onions? If your answer is YES, then I'm here to help you out.

First of all, let me start by introducing myself. My name is Ibijoke. I live in the north (Sokoto) with my hubby and beautiful daughter. My hubby works in the north and I'm just a full house wife. Though before relocating to the north to join my hubby, I was working. Relocating to the north took me a lot of courage as I was left with no other choice if I wanted to save my marriage. Getting to the north, I searched for jobs, but couldn't get one. I tried other businesses that I knew would have been successful if I was to be in the south but here in the north, it wasn't moving fine as expected. I got tired of everything. I was offered a teaching job with the monthly salary of N10,000. Hell NO! I just couldn't work for N10,000. Hubby could afford N10,000 if I wanted. Instead of sitting at home, I started following hubby to his sales trip. As the regional sales manager (Zamfara, Kebbi, Sokoto and Konni Niger) he was bound to travel. So whenever he is going on a journey to these states and their local government, my daughter and I do follow him. In the course of our journey to these states and local governments, I discovered that these states are blessed with vast farm lands and foods. During one of my trip to Yauri in Kebbi state, I saw lots of Brown Beans. A lot of people came far away to buy the beans in bags. Also Aleiro in Kebbi state, I saw lots of onions farm. The people in Aleiro are known for onions. I learnt its the biggest onion market\ farm in west africa. Buyers comes all the way from cotonou, Ghana, togo and other parts of Nigeria to buy. I saw dry pepper, fresh tomatoe and pepper in Zamfara. In Illela Sokoto state, a lot of cattles (Ram, Goat, Cow, Donkey, Camel) all very cheap.

I was so happy. I said to myself, now I have a job. Last year November 2014, I did all the necessary research. Finally, I made up my mind to go into food stuff business. I discussed with my husband. He gave his financial support. January 2015, I was good to go.

The journey begins here.

I chose the onions line of business. I plan to start with the onions, then later proceed with other food stuff. My hubby and I went to Aleiro farm. We met the farmers. We made our orders. As a matter of fact, we selected and bagged the onions ourselves with the help of the farmers and my hubby kid brother. After the packing, we loaded them into the trailer going to lagos. The truth is, I had no idea where to put my onions in lagos since I had no warehouse. I bought aero flight ticket from sokoto to lagos so as to meet the trailer of onions in lagos. Though my hubby kid brother joined the trailer to lagos. When I arrived lagos, I met some market women, I showed them the picture of the onions. They made their orders. I also met some other women and they were interested in buying at my own price. I also visited the mile 12 market for the first time before the arrival of the trailer. I discussed with some mallams and told them of my onions on the way.

Finally the trailer got to lagos and his last bus stop is mile 12 market. I met my brother in-law. It was a journey of 3 days instead of 2 because the trailer had some fault on the way. My onions was offloade and dropped in care of an Alhaji. I never knew the Alhaji was the chairman of the onions market in mile 12 not until after the transaction. The operation in mile 12 was so easy and smooth. No mago mago. Its an open market. I got my money. No cheating. I paid for the space, the offloading (Alabaru) and the transportation after the sales in mile 12.

The business was worth doing. I enjoyed everybit of it and I intend to continue it as my permanent business. I will like to say a big thank you to Tunji. I met him here on naira land and he was of a big help too.

I'm willing to answer all your questions.
Thank you.

angry

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 21, 2015
debbydee:
very soon people will jump into this line now. From the woman story she took her time to discover the business.
this business has been on for decades... Onion business is very lucrative. I remember when my baby sister ignored her yellow paw pawish beautiful skin and got dirty to sell Onions along with cousin... They made lots of crazy cash in that december when other girls were demanding for hair money from their boyfriend, this was in 2006-2007. Opportunity of this world is like the food in a plate... it's left to you to put the food in your mouth or keep staring.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2015
can U advise a potential coper to invest His alawee in the food business or do I need to search for additional capital?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 21, 2015
irunobo3:

My God bless you and your family. We Nigerians are our problems. I'm surprised some people called you to make this information a money making avenue. What is wrong with our people I won't be surprised if people you enlighten starts selling this ideas in E books and whatever means. Thanks for your openminedness
just watch... They will soon bounce on it without the woman's knowledge.... they are veiwing this thread as we speak.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) / How To Check NIN Number On MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile & Online / Anatomy Of An Entrepreneur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.