Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business (112341 Views)

Tales Of Losses: Engage Nigeria's Army Of Half Baked Artisans At Your Peril. / Storage Business Onions And Pepper (tatashi) / Onions Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by ozoneamani02(m): 1:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:
can U advise a potential coper to invest His alawee in the food business or do I need to search for additional capital?
Hi! I served in Kano State,Wudil L.G. to be precised.With the 7,500 allowance, I delved into the Ram fattening and sales business. Other corps members were amazed and later some invested. All is based on your passion and survival instinct of your. Anything is possible with God.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
ozoneamani02:
Hi! I served in Kano State,Wudil L.G. to be precised.With the 7,500 allowance, I delved into the Ram fattening and sales business. Other corps members were amazed and later some invested. All is based on your passion and survival instinct of your. Anything is possible with God.

Please elaborate bro. it sounds interesting.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by masties2(f): 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
I have always wanted to go into food business but toyed with the idea. Am thinking Benin to Lagos or Ondo to Lagos. Let me put my skills to work.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by kevoh(m): 1:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
Follows thread! Stumbled upon some ideas here! grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Mary Kay once said "There are three kinds of people in this world:

Those who MAKE things happen,
Those who WATCH things happen and
Those who WONDER what happened"

Op you are certainly of the first kind. Thanks for taking the hard way to discover something. One day if not already, you will be employing people.

Humility is the first step to greatness.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by 360command: 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
ehizo25:
Mary Kay once said "There are three kinds of people in this world:

Those who MAKE things happen,
Those who WATCH things happen and
Those who WONDER what happened"

lol! Let me add, some wud read and act on it. Some would read and pass onto the next thread looking for another money making method. Some would read and want to see PICTURE(In this case,I will put it as PROOF).

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by emmykk(m): 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
masties2:
I have always wanted to go into food business but toyed with the idea. Am thinking Benin to Lagos or Ondo to Lagos. Let me put my skills to work.
babe you are on point.lagos has the population benin lagos road on point.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by ozoneamani02(m): 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

Please elaborate bro. it sounds interesting.
Wudil International Market,Just beside Kano University of Technológy, is one of the biggest market for the sale of Agrucultural produce.Wudil is about 20 minutes drive form Gidanmaj(Petrol station) after Zoo Road junction.This is a weekly market just like every others in Kano.It is a Friday market and people from neighbouring country.
I also used some other markets in Katsina State whenever the supply is short and in cases of pricing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by okpurukata(f): 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
TheLight001:
Sorry to digress.

Please we need a small factory to rent in Port Harcourt Nigeria.

> Factory will be used for food processing.
> Factory should have an office space.
> Factory should be located in a motorable
area.

Let us know please if you have or have access to such factory. Dodryt@gmail.com

Thanks.

Hello Dod I think I can help. I know of a open land space unused. It can be used for the factory
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Perfectbright: 2:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
Thanks 4 fast response am located in delta state,plz how will i locate onions and tomato depot in d north. Plz wat ar their profit margin sellin in bulk. How much capital do i need 4 good profit
Catered4:

Hello sir.
You don't have to speak hausa before transacting with them. Trust me, the hausas are more sincere than any other... They are always ready to help. Don't be surprise, most of them speaks Yoruba and english. Where is Your location sir? It takes 3-5 days to sell it all or if you chose to sell them right away it arrives the market. The choice is yours.
Thank you.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by 100Cents: 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
Rich4god:
nice one... so many business opportunity exist in Nigeria. sadly, most Nigerian youths don't have the eyed to see it. And then, foreigners will come, set up the biz and pay us peanuts.

Most poor youths are lazy, feel too big about themselves and lack discipline..

These are the major reasons for their staying poor.

We just read about adenuga once being a taxi driver. Yet that was as a graduate or undergraduate. I have met and willing to help youths even without WAEC to give them bus or tricycle to drive, they are not ready..

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by 100Cents: 2:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
Rich4god:
but you know, sometimes lack of capital is a factor.

Bros, Abeg drop that point. I no wan vex..

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
Catered4:
Are you in need of onions? Do you want to go into the business of buying onions from the farm in the north and selling in the markets in the south? You have no idea of how to go about the business or you are considering the stress of going to the north to buy the onions? If your answer is YES, then I'm here to help you out.

First of all, let me start by introducing myself. My name is Ibijoke. I live in the north (Sokoto) with my hubby and beautiful daughter. My hubby works in the north and I'm just a full house wife. Though before relocating to the north to join my hubby, I was working. Relocating to the north took me a lot of courage as I was left with no other choice if I wanted to save my marriage. Getting to the north, I searched for jobs, but couldn't get one. I tried other businesses that I knew would have been successful if I was to be in the south but here in the north, it wasn't moving fine as expected. I got tired of everything. I was offered a teaching job with the monthly salary of N10,000. Hell NO! I just couldn't work for N10,000. Hubby could afford N10,000 if I wanted. Instead of sitting at home, I started following hubby to his sales trip. As the regional sales manager (Zamfara, Kebbi, Sokoto and Konni Niger) he was bound to travel. So whenever he is going on a journey to these states and their local government, my daughter and I do follow him. In the course of our journey to these states and local governments, I discovered that these states are blessed with vast farm lands and foods. During one of my trip to Yauri in Kebbi state, I saw lots of Brown Beans. A lot of people came far away to buy the beans in bags. Also Aleiro in Kebbi state, I saw lots of onions farm. The people in Aleiro are known for onions. I learnt its the biggest onion market\ farm in west africa. Buyers comes all the way from cotonou, Ghana, togo and other parts of Nigeria to buy. I saw dry pepper, fresh tomatoe and pepper in Zamfara. In Illela Sokoto state, a lot of cattles (Ram, Goat, Cow, Donkey, Camel) all very cheap.

I was so happy. I said to myself, now I have a job. Last year November 2014, I did all the necessary research. Finally, I made up my mind to go into food stuff business. I discussed with my husband. He gave his financial support. January 2015, I was good to go.

The journey begins here.

I chose the onions line of business. I plan to start with the onions, then later proceed with other food stuff. My hubby and I went to Aleiro farm. We met the farmers. We made our orders. As a matter of fact, we selected and bagged the onions ourselves with the help of the farmers and my hubby kid brother. After the packing, we loaded them into the trailer going to lagos. The truth is, I had no idea where to put my onions in lagos since I had no warehouse. I bought aero flight ticket from sokoto to lagos so as to meet the trailer of onions in lagos. Though my hubby kid brother joined the trailer to lagos. When I arrived lagos, I met some market women, I showed them the picture of the onions. They made their orders. I also met some other women and they were interested in buying at my own price. I also visited the mile 12 market for the first time before the arrival of the trailer. I discussed with some mallams and told them of my onions on the way.

Finally the trailer got to lagos and his last bus stop is mile 12 market. I met my brother in-law. It was a journey of 3 days instead of 2 because the trailer had some fault on the way. My onions was offloade and dropped in care of an Alhaji. I never knew the Alhaji was the chairman of the onions market in mile 12 not until after the transaction. The operation in mile 12 was so easy and smooth. No mago mago. Its an open market. I got my money. No cheating. I paid for the space, the offloading (Alabaru) and the transportation after the sales in mile 12.

The business was worth doing. I enjoyed everybit of it and I intend to continue it as my permanent business. I will like to say a big thank you to Tunji. I met him here on naira land and he was of a big help too.

I'm willing to answer all your questions.
Thank you.
Please share your profit and cost analysis. All expenses incurred, final sale price and profit. Thank you.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Rich4god(m): 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
100Cents:

Bros, Abeg drop that point. I no wan vex..
I no hold ur mood..

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by mikolo80: 2:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
Catered4:

You are welcome sir.
1. The minimum capital to start this business is N10,000. For instance, I have a friend who is starting with 3 bags. After her NYSC, she has been jobless. I pitied her jobless state so I decided to help her out. I advised her to go into the business but she has no capital. I told her to start with what she can afford even if its a bag. I believe you understand what I mean...

2. As regard to partnering, I haven't thought of that anyway. I will have to discuss first with my hubby. Call\ whatsapp 08139448193
pls may i whatsapp you.regarding beans and cattle
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by 100Cents: 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
xynerise:
@Op. How do you deal with the perishable nature of the onions?

Onions has many varieties.

Madam should be able to source the right variety that lasts long. Storage is by spreading on bare floor.

But as a marketer, you are selling off in 3 days..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
Am interested bt pls how much can I get a bag for or start or a basket.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by GentleFrank(m): 2:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
Great business idea ! See more profitable ones at www.BusinessParrot..com and start making money as soon as possible !!!
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
Catered4:
Are you in need of onions? Do you want to go into the business of buying onions from the farm in the north and selling in the markets in the south? You have no idea of how to go about the business or you are considering the stress of going to the north to buy the onions? If your answer is YES, then I'm here to help you out.

First of all, let me start by introducing myself. My name is Ibijoke. I live in the north (Sokoto) with my hubby and beautiful daughter. My hubby works in the north and I'm just a full house wife. Though before relocating to the north to join my hubby, I was working. Relocating to the north took me a lot of courage as I was left with no other choice if I wanted to save my marriage. Getting to the north, I searched for jobs, but couldn't get one. I tried other businesses that I knew would have been successful if I was to be in the south but here in the north, it wasn't moving fine as expected. I got tired of everything. I was offered a teaching job with the monthly salary of N10,000. Hell NO! I just couldn't work for N10,000. Hubby could afford N10,000 if I wanted. Instead of sitting at home, I started following hubby to his sales trip. As the regional sales manager (Zamfara, Kebbi, Sokoto and Konni Niger) he was bound to travel. So whenever he is going on a journey to these states and their local government, my daughter and I do follow him. In the course of our journey to these states and local governments, I discovered that these states are blessed with vast farm lands and foods. During one of my trip to Yauri in Kebbi state, I saw lots of Brown Beans. A lot of people came far away to buy the beans in bags. Also Aleiro in Kebbi state, I saw lots of onions farm. The people in Aleiro are known for onions. I learnt its the biggest onion market\ farm in west africa. Buyers comes all the way from cotonou, Ghana, togo and other parts of Nigeria to buy. I saw dry pepper, fresh tomatoe and pepper in Zamfara. In Illela Sokoto state, a lot of cattles (Ram, Goat, Cow, Donkey, Camel) all very cheap.

I was so happy. I said to myself, now I have a job. Last year November 2014, I did all the necessary research. Finally, I made up my mind to go into food stuff business. I discussed with my husband. He gave his financial support. January 2015, I was good to go.

The journey begins here.

I chose the onions line of business. I plan to start with the onions, then later proceed with other food stuff. My hubby and I went to Aleiro farm. We met the farmers. We made our orders. As a matter of fact, we selected and bagged the onions ourselves with the help of the farmers and my hubby kid brother. After the packing, we loaded them into the trailer going to lagos. The truth is, I had no idea where to put my onions in lagos since I had no warehouse. I bought aero flight ticket from sokoto to lagos so as to meet the trailer of onions in lagos. Though my hubby kid brother joined the trailer to lagos. When I arrived lagos, I met some market women, I showed them the picture of the onions. They made their orders. I also met some other women and they were interested in buying at my own price. I also visited the mile 12 market for the first time before the arrival of the trailer. I discussed with some mallams and told them of my onions on the way.

Finally the trailer got to lagos and his last bus stop is mile 12 market. I met my brother in-law. It was a journey of 3 days instead of 2 because the trailer had some fault on the way. My onions was offloade and dropped in care of an Alhaji. I never knew the Alhaji was the chairman of the onions market in mile 12 not until after the transaction. The operation in mile 12 was so easy and smooth. No mago mago. Its an open market. I got my money. No cheating. I paid for the space, the offloading (Alabaru) and the transportation after the sales in mile 12.

The business was worth doing. I enjoyed everybit of it and I intend to continue it as my permanent business. I will like to say a big thank you to Tunji. I met him here on naira land and he was of a big help too.

Thank you.
Nice1,i admire ur courage. Thumbs up
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Bosch10(m): 3:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
Catered4:

The journey begins here.

Thank you.
pls ma,how can i join with you in the business,and how mucg do i gain as a co worker
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by MrMandilas: 3:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Catered4:

The journey begins here.

Thank you.
What is the minimum amount one can use to start this business?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 21, 2015
I'm Really Sorry for the Late Response. I will definitely attend to everyone here, whatsapp and phone calls.
Please bear with me.
Thanks and God Bless.
Ibijoke O.M

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Aroh48(m): 4:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Op am intrested,this is my mail arohsilas@gmail.com.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
@Catered4, nice one u are doing there. I just got home at the time of this post from the market survey we discussed. Today has been stressful and I still got to do some laundry. Be right back to update more.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
MrMandilas:

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
MrMandilas:

11k (Eleven thousand naira)
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
blink182:
Please share your profit and cost analysis. All expenses incurred, final sale price and profit. Thank you.

Why do I find your post mischievous, are u an e-book seller?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Bkdson2121: 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
Tanz for d awesome business idea ma,i v had dis idea of geting onions 4rm d north to lagos bt d plan has nt bin successful due to lack financial resources n d market to disposed materials.Bt having u talked abt it is a great boost to me n wld want to knw d least amount of capital dt i can start dis business with n if there wld b a way u cld link me up with.Also i wld b grateful if there wld a way u can help me in dis business cos am tired of going around looking 4 a job as a graduate of economics without getting one.worthy of note of my personality z dat iam a honest n sincere smbody who committed to promoting both gud will n dt of odas;an indigene of plateau state.I can b contacted thru 08039738387 or email bkdson88@gmail.com,tanz.
Catered4:

The journey begins here.

Thank you.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by MrMandilas: 4:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
napolie:

11k (Eleven thousand naira)
Are u into onion business too?
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
MrMandilas:
Are u into onion business too?

Yes, courtesy catered4

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by MrMandilas: 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
napolie:

Yes, courtesy catered4

ok. Thanks. How many bags or baskets is 11k going to get and what is the profit like? What of accommodation and transport? How much are we looking @. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Napolie pls I sent u pm pls reply

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) / How To Check NIN Number On MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile & Online / Anatomy Of An Entrepreneur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.