Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,157 members, 7,953,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:06 PM

A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business - Business (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business (113852 Views)

Tales Of Losses: Engage Nigeria's Army Of Half Baked Artisans At Your Peril. / Storage Business Onions And Pepper (tatashi) / Onions Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by 2sex(m): 10:48am On Jul 01, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

My dear 2sexy, there are 3 sides to a story: his version, her version and the TRUTH.

Having read a bit of his side of the story, it is pertinent to say both parties should settle their differences.

Like Mr planet4sure said, he shouldn't go, no matter how painful it is and start his own business since he has acquired enough knowledge about it.

If Ibijoke is also guilty, she should make amends and if it's both of them, they should reach a truce.

Let's fear GOD in all we do as we will give account of our deeds one day oh.
I would prefer it be settled amicably for the good of tomorrow.

The young man, according to what he told me, gave a lot. I have known that guy since 2013 from here. He is a strong hustler. Life isn't easy out there.

I wonder why they would start calling him weed smoker just to quickly make him appear like criminal considering Nigeria's cultural perception of weed smokers.

To the best of my knowlege, i have never seen or known him as one because the dude is pretty focus with hopes of making it in the future. He has his flaws which isn't new to anyone in the street.

Even if he smokes weed, which i am just discovering on this thread, so fvck what? As silly as it may sound. Hemp or cannabis sativa is one of the greatest plant God bless the world with... FACT. Go school yourself. The only thing is the THC content that makes people high.

America didn't legalize it for stupid reasons if they didn't see the HUGE benefit to health and economic benefit of their country.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Johnny105(m): 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
2sex:
I would prefer it be settled amicably for the good of tomorrow.

The young man, according to what he told me, gave a lot. I have known that guy since 2013 from here. He is a strong hustler. Life isn't easy out there.

I wonder why they would start calling him weed smoker just to quickly make him appear like criminal considering Nigeria's cultural perception of weed smokers.

To the best of my knowlege, i have never seen or known him as one because the dude is pretty focus with hopes of making it in the future. He has his flaws which isn't new to anyone in the street.

Even if he smokes weed, which i am just discovering on this thread, so fvck what? As silly as it may sound. Hemp or cannabis sativa is one of the greatest plant God bless the world with... FACT. Go school yourself. The only thing is the THC content that makes people high.

America didn't legalize it for stupid reasons if they didn't see the HUGE benefit to health and economic benefit of their country.

No one called redgarlic a weed smoker. As a matter of fact, I never knew not until he introduced himself as a weed smoker. Read his first post again.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by bayplus: 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
It is obvious that RedGarlic too has some sympathizers like 2sex/2sexy etc in 2sex submissions, he tries to indict Ibijoke in a subtle way and wouldn't tell us what he knows to have arrived at his conclusion.

For discerning readers, the truth is in between.

Facts of the matter.
Redgarlic didn't know about the business before he met her.
He sought her help to learn about the business (going by the what's app snapshots conversation he showed above)
She didn't charge him or anyone that I know to pay for her knowledge of the business ( I have attended business seminar worth N400k and still couldn't start the business)
More people who have been following her threads for a while have seen some consistency in her business style, none of those who have had to transact business directly with her has so far reported any fraudulent character in her.
According to her, Jide asked her to be his mentor and she accepted and his what's app conversations also showed that.

So, from all intent and purposes, he has benefited greatly from her knowledge (Goldmine ) which he can equally turn to a much bigger wealth than any amount he can possibly collect from her, if he knows how to turn the knowledge into money like she is doing.

In any relationship, be it marriage, business or even mere friendship, issues are bound to happen and for whatever reasons, it may be necessary for parties to part ways,

So, far, Jide believes she has much to lose than him, having built her brand and seeing her reputation soaring, hence he believes coming to nairaland to destroy her reputation will be a way to go.

Like iTella said, if Jide truly believe he deserves some form of monetary reward, be it compensation or salary, he can get a lawyer to help him address his case. Since he is the one who brought the case here, shouldn't he go all the way to state his position?

Reputation is easy to destroy than to build, especially if you have sweat for it. In Jide's post, he has alleged that she is a bad person and that he has a revelation about her that will be "an eye opener" according to him, What could be more damaging than that?!

Since friday, he has refused to say categorically, what the issues are about his "eye opener". In law, he who alleges, should provide a convincing proofs or evidence. Failure to provide proof will only shows the real motives (Blackmail /character assassination)

Even though, it was not written down as such, it is a working and learning arrangements between a mentee and a mentor, or A master and apprentice going through apprenticeship. It is unusual for the apprentice to expect to be paid handsomely by the boss especially if the boss takes care of daily living expenses like feeding etc of the apprentice as she claims.

So far, Jide has refused to state any tangible side of his story, all he has succeeded in doing is an attempt at damaging her reputation and some other people like 2sex claim she is equally guilty yet refuse to say what they know here. These subtle comments from the likes of 2sex is inadvertently meant to shift public opinions in his favour and there by see her as guilty.

Most people reading this thread will now be cautious and be wondering if she is trustworthy enough to do business with. But those of us who have dealt with her so far know she is accommodating and have a simple disposition to life. No one is a saint though and she is certainly not one.

Since the case is already in the public domain here, it is not in the interest of the either party for the case to end this way for two reasons
1, Ibijoke has been painted bad already by Jide, some people may have believed him, that will not augur well for her reputation if she is innocent but those who may have be.ieved him will go away with the bad impression he has created of her.
2, if Jide refused to state his full side of the story, those of us who believe he is merely out to destroy her character will have no reason to know his side in case he is innocent.

Therefore, once character assassination case is established by one party against the other, it is only wise for whoever alleges to show a convincing proof and allow the public to make their conclusions based on the evidence provided.

So, Jide, you have the opportunityo to convince us of your innocence if you are willing to do so.

25 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by LONGFELLOW02(m): 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2015
^^^ You get sense

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by millhouse: 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
WORD!!!

bayplus:
It is obvious that RedGarlic too has some sympathizers like 2sex/2sexy etc in 2sex submissions, he tries to indict Ibijoke in a subtle way and wouldn't tell us what he knows to have arrived at his conclusion.

Facts of the matter.
He sought her help to learn about the business (going by the what's app snapshots conversation he showed above)
She didn't charge him or anyone that I know to pay for her knowledge of the business ( I have attended business seminar worth N400k and still couldn't start the business)
More people who have been following her threads for a while have seen some consistency in her business style, none of those who have had to transact business directly with her has so far reported any fraudulent character in her.
According to her, Jide asked her to be his mentor and she accepted and his what's app conversations also showed that.

So, from all intent and purposes, he has benefited greatly from her knowledge (Goldmine ) which he can equally turn to a much bigger wealth than any amount he can possibly collect from her, if he knows how to turn the knowledge into money like she is doing.

In any relationship, be it marriage, business or even mere friendship, issues are bound to happen and for whatever reasons, it may be necessary for parties to part ways,

So, far, Jide believes she has much to lose than him, having built her brand and seeing her reputation soaring, hence he believes coming to nairaland to destroy her reputation will be a way to go.

Like iTella said, if Jide truly believe he deserves some form of monetary reward, be it compensation or salary, he can get a lawyer to help him address his case. Since he is the one who brought the case here, shouldn't he go all the way to state his position?

Reputation is easy to destroy than to build, especially if you have sweat for it. In Jide's post, he has alleged that she is a bad person and that he has a revelation about her that will be "an eye opener" according to him, What could be more damaging than that?!

Since friday, he has refused to say categorically, what the issues are about his "eye opener". In law, he who alleges, should provide a convincing proofs or evidence. Failure to provide proof will only shows the real motives (Blackmail /character assassination)

Even though, it was not written down as such, it is a working and learning arrangements between a mentee and a mentor, or A master and apprentice going through apprenticeship. It is unusual for the apprentice to expect to be paid handsomely by the boss especially if the boss takes care of daily living expenses like feeding etc of the apprentice as she claims.

So far, Jide has refused to state any tangible side of his story, all he has succeeded in doing is an attempt at damaging her reputation and some other people like 2sex claim she is equally guilty yet refuse to say what they know here. These subtle comments from the likes of 2sex is inadvertently meant to shift public opinions in his favour and there by see her as guilty.

Most people reading this thread will now be cautious and be wondering if she is trustworthy enough to do business with. But those of us who have dealt with her so far know she is accommodating and have a simple disposition to life. No one is a saint though and she is certainly not one.

Since the case is already in the public domain here, it is not in the interest of the either party for the case to end this way for two reasons
1, Ibijoke has been painted bad already by Jide, some people may have believed him, that will not augur well for her reputation if she is innocent but those who may have be.ieved him will go away with the bad impression he has created of her.
2, if Jide refused to state his full side of the story, those of us who believe he is merely out to destroy her character will have no reason to know his side in case he is innocent.

Therefore, once character assassination case is established by one party against the other, it is only wise for whoever alleges to show a convincing proof and allow the public to make their conclusions based on the evidence provided.

So, Jide, you have the opportunityo to convince us of your innocence if you are willing to do so.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by 2sex(m): 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
cool cool cool
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by 2sex(m): 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
bayplus:

Facts of the matter.

So, Jide, you have the opportunity to convince us of your innocence if you are willing to do so.

Dude, a woman's mind is an ocean of secret ...many follow them to their grave. I have also blamed Jide. In fact I blame him more than the said woman. She has done a great job on here but that does not mean if she has the mind of scamming everyone on here, she wont do it. Why? she has won the hearts of everyone on here including myself. In fact it will be very easy for her to carry out act at this point. Though I do not see her such but just saying caution should be taken when defending someone.

All I am just saying is that there is no smoke without fire, regardless of the angel from heaven.

I repeat that it would be better for it to be settled amicably than using war.

I was on phone with Jide while typing this and he said the woman accused him of stealing her money as she told people in the area. Was there anything like this? He said he had tried to settle things and get back his money but the woman stopped picking his calls and that coming to nairaland was the ONLY way to get his money.

I could remember when I would call him 2 months ago just to discuss other things or check on him... he would make reference in between our talks. But he wouldnt say much at that time until few weeks when he told a little about it including his money that he spent. Thus, things has been boiling between them before it became a public knowledge.

Besides, was not around when this whole thing started... I stumbled on it just yesterday and expecting to start saying things is what I wont do. They should settle it amicably is all I am after.

Did he give her money yes or no?
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by RedGarlic: 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
@2sex, thanks man for been here.. As for the rest of the house, bear with me. I will post tonight or first thing tomorrow morning

@johnny, a man who cant claim responsibility for his action shouldn't be called a man. What best way could one capture all your attention than referring to the weed post. I respect u sir, don't make me withdraw that because u are not me.

@bayplus, ur post is lengthy bro, but believe me, I will reply u also.

You all should not get it twisted. Those who have her contact should ask if I gave her money for business or not. If she denies it. We take it from there

Ttellar, seriously i don't argue with liars. U aint worth my time. Remember all u typed here, the day u gonna see face to face, be ready to repeat all those allegations.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by RedGarlic: 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
feminineA:

RedGarlic let me add my one cent,

Every phase of man in life is a lesson and a pointer to how tomorrow will be.
I know you are hurt, your sweat, pain and all the sweat went down the drain with nothing to show for it.
Now, I dont know what happened between the 2 of you but from the little you posted she didnt pay for the services you rendered to her business.
Can you just let it all slide and see it as one of the dirt life throws during ones journey? instead of venting your anger on Nairaland can you channel that energy to God telling him to fight and vindicate you?

tis well

Thanks feminine, i so much appreciate. Actually, i wasn't asking for any money except the money i gave her for business. I spoke with a legal practitioner earlier today and we have discussed at length.

The ibijoke I know Is never a coward, she faces any allegations laid against her but I'm in awe seriously on why she has decided to watch from behind the scene
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by bayplus: 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
2sex:
Dude, a woman's mind is an ocean of secret ... many follow them to their grave. I have also blamed Jide. In fact I blame him more than the said woman. She has done a great job on here but that does not mean if she has the mind of scamming everyone on here, she wont do it. Why? she has won the hearts of everyone on here including myself. Though I do not see her such but just saying caution should be taken when defending someone.

All I am just saying is that there is no smoke without fire, regardless of the angel from heaven.

I repeat that it would be better for it to be settled amicably than using war.

Based on what is available, until Jide can come up with his side of the story, no jugde will assume for either a plaintiff or defendant. Cases are determined based on law and the facts before the courts, regardless of who brought the case.

[b][/b]So long as Jide refuse to state his side after ample opportunity has been given to him, to do so, it is too late for him to keep quiet after his allegations.

As much as I don't want to defend Ibijoke, Jide's refusal to proof his allegations leaves us with little or no choice right now.

Like I said, no one is claiming she is a saint. I am old enough to know that nigeria is full of fraudsters (Men & women). But in law, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Just because Jide says she is bad, we shoukd believe him without any shred of convincing evidence? Right. Telling me how dangerous women can be and how many men have gone to their graves for defending women is irrelevant to the issue here.

If your so called friend has refused to settle the issue against all wise counsels including yours and he has brought the issue here with such a damaging statement which he has so far refusef to substantiate, why should we believe him him? On what basis? Mere allegations?

No one has foreclosed his innocence yet but if all he is intersted in his the mere allegations, then we shouldn't be blamed for defending Ibijoke until new facts emerge.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
Hi an! What's happening to my favorite thread?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by tTELLAr: 7:34am On Jul 02, 2015
Jide, fact is that you chose a wrong way to deal with this issue!!! Be humble enough to accept that!

State the facts in your claims and GET JUSTICE!... that is very simple to achieve. Threats would never ever vindicate you.

So ply the gentleman road, the person we all knew you as before you came here to promise doom. Simple!

Or you close the case here, retract your ill statements against her and treat issues out of here subtly, officially.

You can do that! Be man enough.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by CaptPlanet(m): 10:17am On Jul 02, 2015
Hello everyone,

I have been following this thread from day one. I haven't been able to attend any seminar or commented because I have been indisposed but I think no one will see this inspirational thread being derailed so messy and be mute about it.

First i'll want you all to understand that I don't have any intentions of defending or accusing anyone but i'll try as much as possible to be as blunt as I can be. It might hurt too.

Jide/ Redgarlic, I have read a lot of people of people advising you to take settle this amicably. It has been established that there was a transaction between you and Catered4 and you claim she isn't all that.

In my line of business, I deal with people everyday and I'm talking of about an average of 100 a day. I can tell you people can be dubious intentionally or unintentionally. If you have grievances, I suggest you take it on with the with Her and not coming on nairaland to rant.

Dude, u can go on with whatever but trust me, as long as you don't come out with the "exposé", no one will believe u...not that the exposé will make any difference anyways.

My suggestion, if you will take it, take your issues up with her personally and leave nairaland out of it, it's looking childish.

But if you insist on going on and on here, instead of beating around the bush about what transpired b/w u guys. Why not spill what transpired b/w u?
If she owes u money, do u think calling her out here or anyone on this thread will pay u?

You're trying so hard to let people know that you're not as bad as they think you are and that she's not as good she claims to be. Believe me nobody on this thread cares about all that. We're here to make more income.

So get on with the exposé, take it up with her or keep quiet already, you're de railing this thread.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by twentyk(m): 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
Sigh!!!
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Johnny105(m): 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
I stumbled on this write up now on catered4 other thread on her tour to the north on the agricultural section. I will also say peace be made between redgarlic and catered4

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by otunbaakin: 10:57pm On Jul 01
On behalf of my family, I will like everybody to permit me to write this here. I want to thank everybody for their immense contributions to this issue on ground. I am not a nairalander but I got registered because of the issue at hand. Having read from page to page, I am impressed. I am not here to defend Ibijoke or Jide, but to point out some important issues here.

I am an uncle not only an uncle, a father to Ibijoke. She is my neiece, a daughter to me. Jide is also a man I have met and know well. He once visited my home. I'm aware of how my daughter started her business. She is a hardworking vibrant young lady with goals and determination to succeed in life. Right from her days at access bank and then her relocation to join her husband in the north. I remember so well days she earned penny. A graduate who was not ashamed to hawk kunu and days she carried bag of onions within lagos with a baby at her back. She kept on pushing it till God placed her where she is today.

I am not here to type out long stories but to point out some important things to Jide and everybody reading.
Both parties are hurt and at fault.
They both worked hard as mentee and mentor without proper agreement
The first business transaction 55,000 naira or thereabout didn't go too well as the price crashed. It didnt happen to Jide only but Ibijoke and two of her friends too. They were both witness.

Ibijoke had wanted to pay back the money when Jide once asked but he asked her not to pay. Though Ibijoke got angry because they both knew what happened to the transaction. She insisted on paying but Jide asked her not to pay and promised not to ask of it.
I want Jide and everyone to know that Ibijoke meant no harm to Jide. She had always talk of good plans about him. The same way your mum prays for her thats the same way we pray for you.

Ibijoke and her husband made Jide the manager of the company and according to them, they had finalised and agreed on that hence there was need for the staff of the company to open a salary account. Jide led the staff and he did open a staff account in mid may. If my daughter had nurse any evil plans, all that wouldn't have happened Jide.

Ibijoke never accused you of stealing her money but instead she complained that you left the office and never returned. She kept on dialing your number but was switched off. She kept on calling her staff to check if you ever came to work but you never did. She was so worried and sad about the stock sold and money not remitted, which you both know belongs to customers if I'm right.

Ibijoke as you said is never a coward but her silence is in obedience of our instruction. She has done more than enough and we want her off nairaland and the social media for peace sake and to avoid all sort of distractions.

My daughter doesn't hate you so you cursing the day you met her is un-called for. Her request to know your guarantors or relations was from me. To avoid problems, I instructed that she knows any of your relations or guarantors. It has nothing to do with money or power.

Jide you were not under Ibijoke yoke. There is no yoke in the first place. My daughter is not evil. She is a good christian from a good home.

I want you to know that I blamed my daughter for not paying for your service. To her, the two of you never agreed on that. She prepared your salary, she expected you at work but you never came back to work.

Jide, there was no need for threats or coming out publicly. There were persons you should have reported to. The elders in front of the office, her parents, mentors or even I myself. Ibijoke husband even told me he calls you often to talk to you. So there wasn't need for all this.

As her uncle and father, I stand on behalf of the family to say this matter will be resolved amicably. Do as the lawyer said. There is no need for all this childish drama and I want it to stop. Think of the good time you shared together. Think of the day you came to my home. No man is perfect. Like I told my daughter and I also want you and everybody reading that all that happened has been pre-destined by God.

Because of tomorrow and no man on earth knows tomorrow, I advise both party settle amicably and move on. I've spoken to my daughter already.

To all Ibijoke followers, thanks for your contributions. We will ensure the matter is settled as soon as possible.
Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by 2sex(m): 10:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
Thank you very much sir. I like the way you have presented everything.
I think Jide will be much more comfortable with the way you have present it.
God bless...
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by RedGarlic: 12:03am On Jul 03, 2015
Since all fingers are pointed at me, I guess I should spit just a bit. If she had sent my money when I asked her to, I wont be here ranting like someone pointed out. She told me people ask her to ignore me. And if u call my coming here childish to express how I feel, then I want to be called a child plz.

This post was made to address the post referred by Johnny.

Problems actually started when I asked ibijoke to refund part of the biz money I invested. She claiming I told her to forget the money is just lies upon lies. Below is a screenshot. Each time I ask her, the expression and the manner she replies will make my heart skip. I will tell myself shebi na me wan do business, I have to be patient with her.

Initially I started with 55k which is for 5 bags as a test run. As at then a bag of onions goes for 11k, I remember giving analysis on nairaland. But things didn't go down too well as there were losses. I understand business have their ups and downs. I was hopeful. After time I invested more and the total money invested was 170k.

After the office has been setup she changed drastically. She became rude, a little aggressive and was using all manner of insultive adjectives. I cautioned her and reminded her that I am not her house boy to be treated that way. Below is also a screenshot.

I saw those red flags, but yet I told myself that those are part of the things I need to face to grow in the business. I was giving myself hope.

She told me she wanted to meet my mother. She accuse me of living like someone that doesn't have a relative, she made it look like just a casual seeing, not in form of a guarantor - I thought to myself, so for like 2-3months i have been going about the street of Lagos and ogun, u didn't think about this but now - But I knew it was all because of the business. Since I have nothing to hide, I asked her to fix when she will be free so we can go there together.

Believe me when I say this, she wanted me out of the house/business by all means for reason best known to her, she wanted to discard me but didn't know the best way to go about it. I keep wondering, WAS IT because I ASKED FOR MY INVESTMENT MONEY?

REASONS WHY I LEFT THE HOUSE..
When she was in sokoto, I told her I wanted to go see my family because I have been away for almost 3-4months. She told me to release the key of the house to a nearby pastor anytime I want to leave because a trailer was suppose to bring in goods to the house and they would need my key to the house. I have my own keys to the house and she have hers.
Since a trailer is coming, I told her I needed to suspend my travelling so that I can monitor whatever is coming. She told me the trailer was already on its way, normally a trailer should get to lagos from North max 3days. I knew her plans but I wanted to be sure so that I'm not mistaken. To cut the long story short, no trailer came. After a week she came back from the north to the house same day, repeating the same dropping of the keys. The next day I left giving the spare to the pastor while I kept the others.

It was in my family house I got a msg from ibijoke, to confirm what I thought her plan was. Check the 3rd screenshot below. Her saying she didn't accuse me is just another lie. You never called me because my fone was on. If truly u had no motives u could have sent a text msg to show u really wanted me in that office. But u concluded. Your staffs told me that u told them I ran away with their salaries. That u paid them to me. Even though I try so hard to forget, it keeps echoing. That was exactly the main reason I came on here to post what I posted earlier.

You were very much aware ibijoke, days I will go to bed hungry, days I drank garri for weeks. You remember the days I slept in that same ijoko in gross darkness for days. You remember days I use sachet water to bath in that same ijoko. All for the business plan to stand. U didn't give me a dime. I'm not typing this to get sympathy, I count that as part of life.

I am not here to tarnish ur image like u have done to me. I know what to post if I am to. As for the service money, I don't need it. Use it for the growth of the agribusiness.

The legal practitioner, I or my representative will contact him in due time.

With this I am done typing on here.

Life is indeed a journey but God never sleeps.

Enjoy

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by RedGarlic: 12:12am On Jul 03, 2015
To the uncle, husband.. I so much respect Y'all sir.. I hope u feel my pain and understand why I had to do what I did. It might not be the best approach from ur own perspective but when history knocks I have to be vigilant and at alert.

Peace

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by ykjnr(m): 4:22am On Jul 03, 2015
Is that all you got O boy..... why do you kept us in suspense for a whole week just to spit lipsrsealed undecided grin
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by 2sex(m): 7:59am On Jul 03, 2015
ykjnr:
Is that all you got O boy..... why do you kept us in suspense for a whole week just to spit lipsrsealed undecided grin
what is amusing you?
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Momcherry(f): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2015
@ Oga Redgarlic na person wife u dey address as babe cheesy

what do I know..maybe I'm just being old school grin

U guys should just resolve this issue amicably.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by debbydee(f): 10:49am On Jul 03, 2015
it is well.
i keep saying that joint business in Nigeria most times does not end well. Is it that we do not trust our selves or what? i dont know. i hope others will learn from this. We are not yet there when it comes to joint venture. If you plan going into a joint business spell it out. Look at the don jazzy story et all. May God help us all. No one is pleased to stand being used and the moment you cry for freedom you are termed a rebel. I am not supporting anyone here cos i have not heard the other party.

#Peace
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by bayplus: 4:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
RedGarlic:
Since all fingers are pointed at me, I guess I should spit just a bit. If she had sent my money when I asked her to, I wont be here ranting like someone pointed out. She told me people ask her to ignore me. And if u call my coming here childish to express how I feel, then I want to be called a child plz.

This post was made to address the post referred by Johnny.

Problems actually started when I asked ibijoke to refund part of the biz money I invested. She claiming I told her to forget the money is just lies upon lies. Below is a screenshot. Each time I ask her, the expression and the manner she replies will make my heart skip. I will tell myself shebi na me wan do business, I have to be patient with her.

Initially I started with 55k which is for 5 bags as a test run. As at then a bag of onions goes for 11k, I remember giving analysis on nairaland. But things didn't go down too well as there were losses. I understand business have their ups and downs. I was hopeful. After time I invested more and the total money invested was 170k.

After the office has been setup she changed drastically. She became rude, a little aggressive and was using all manner of insultive adjectives. I cautioned her and reminded her that I am not her house boy to be treated that way. Below is also a screenshot.

I saw those red flags, but yet I told myself that those are part of the things I need to face to grow in the business. I was giving myself hope.

She told me she wanted to meet my mother. She accuse me of living like someone that doesn't have a relative, she made it look like just a casual seeing, not in form of a guarantor - I thought to myself, so for like 2-3months i have been going about the street of Lagos and ogun, u didn't think about this but now - But I knew it was all because of the business. Since I have nothing to hide, I asked her to fix when she will be free so we can go there together.

Believe me when I say this, she wanted me out of the house/business by all means for reason best known to her, she wanted to discard me but didn't know the best way to go about it. I keep wondering, WAS IT because I ASKED FOR MY INVESTMENT MONEY?

REASONS WHY I LEFT THE HOUSE..
When she was in sokoto, I told her I wanted to go see my family because I have been away for almost 3-4months. She told me to release the key of the house to a nearby pastor anytime I want to leave because a trailer was suppose to bring in goods to the house and they would need my key to the house. I have my own keys to the house and she have hers.
Since a trailer is coming, I told her I needed to suspend my travelling so that I can monitor whatever is coming. She told me the trailer was already on its way, normally a trailer should get to lagos from North max 3days. I knew her plans but I wanted to be sure so that I'm not mistaken. To cut the long story short, no trailer came. After a week she came back from the north to the house same day, repeating the same dropping of the keys. The next day I left giving the spare to the pastor while I kept the others.

It was in my family house I got a msg from ibijoke, to confirm what I thought her plan was. Check the 3rd screenshot below. Her saying she didn't accuse me is just another lie. You never called me because my fone was on. If truly u had no motives u could have sent a text msg to show u really wanted me in that office. But u concluded. Your staffs told me that u told them I ran away with their salaries. That u paid them to me. Even though I try so hard to forget, it keeps echoing. That was exactly the main reason I came on here to post what I posted earlier.

You were very much aware ibijoke, days I will go to bed hungry, days I drank garri for weeks. You remember the days I slept in that same ijoko in gross darkness for days. You remember days I use sachet water to bath in that same ijoko. All for the business plan to stand. U didn't give me a dime. I'm not typing this to get sympathy, I count that as part of life.

I am not here to tarnish ur image like u have done to me. I know what to post if I am to. As for the service money, I don't need it. Use it for the growth of the agribusiness.

The legal practitioner, I or my representative will contact him in due time.

With this I am done typing on here.

Life is indeed a journey but God never sleeps.

Enjoy

Dear Redgarlic,

After reading your "final revelation & Eye Opener" as you referred to it earlier, I can see where you are coming from but notwithstanding, the issue ought not be here on nairaland land in the first instance.

From your post, I could deduce that

1, You invested a total sum of N170k in the agribusiness. But you didn't state categorically if your (N170k) investment aas grown, produced dividends or if the money is still with her.

2, Secondly, you both didn't spell out the terms of your business relationship ab initio to clarify the duties, , responsibilities and expected rewards by both parties. So, both parties are to blame for that but I see you as the greater beneficiary if you know and decide to turn that knowledge into money which in my opinion, should really be your focus now. Then you will see wonders of God.

Maltreated apprentices usually end up richer than their masters if they endure the hardship and leave the fight for God (That is if they have a genuine case)

3, In your post, you tried to explain her "Supposedly shabby treatment" towards you. As a man, if you had gone to her for sole purpose of acquiring knowledge of the biz, you should have seen it as part of the price for knowledge, if I were you, rather than feel bad about it, I will see it as a temporary challenge that will be part of your own success story when you start turning the knowledge into money too just like her. You were never meant to stay with her forever, more so, when you had to live under her roof. By the way, some part of your what's app conversations was cleaned or edited. If the intention of both parties is the resolution of the case as it has turned out now, all these posts will become irrelevant.

4, You mentioned that you don't want "Service money" again that she should use it for the growth of the business! As it is, services does not require much money to survive, they thrive on goodwill, your coming here to make allegations against her has done more harm to her biz than any money you are about to forfeit. How much in your opinion.

It is painful, that after so much mudslinging and threats, with damaging allegations you posted last friday, the issue is not as damaging and serious as we were made to believe.

You obviously may not know the true import of what your allegations and expected "Exposè/eye opener" has done to her reputation here. Most people were expecting a damning revelation of her "Supposed atrocities". You said above that you were not out to tarnish her good image but guess what? You did just that!

Looking back, with all the people you claim to respect in her family like her Husband and Uncle, you could have explored their intervention first before it got to this level.

In my life, I have come to realize that "The best fighters are those who leave their fight to God". That you have not done by coming here over the issue.

From the tone of your post above, it is apparent that you no longer see your original intention to tarnish her image as necessary option anymore. Well, it is never too late for anyone who realizes his or her shortcomings to re-trace the steps.

Yourubas say "Ija lode, ni orin fi di owe". Meaning, when people have grudges against one another, every statement or move of one person is often view with evil intention.

Lastly, I will urge caterd4, to also state her side of the story for the records not for argument and thereafter , let both parties settle amicably and move on. The sky is big enough for everyone to succeed. By God's grace, we shall all succeed in all our endeavours (Amin)

I rest my case

#teampeace

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Adedayo516(m): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
Business.. The things that go on during this process can run you mad... From logistics, losses, trust issues.. Everything about business involves risk taking, well defined business relationships, and utmost level of communication... including your relationship with partners and customer.. You have to take the risk to be able to live with everyone's short coming, everyone's down day.....Faliure to take this risks only brings more loses, more scorns, more "enemies", more trust issues.... and ultimately it runs us mad....

Lesson I learnt from a "failed" business adventure I went on.

This been said, The woman who started this trend is a huge visionary, strong and kind enough to share her ideas here first (I believe) and not anywhere else, I believe she started this tread out of excitement and fulfillment she felt from the successes she enjoyed on her "Experiment" that yielded and promised more than she actually expected... She came here to bring us all into the light of this things. I don't believe she came here with exterior motives, she gave out too much details not to be real. Never done business with her but I would trust anyone who innocently come out with the heart to help and bring others into everything they enjoy... Yes, one of the flaws of business (losses) caused all this flying allegations, but it doesn't take anything away from her integrity as far as I am concerned.

I hope all parties involved bring hands together to find a amicable solutions to this "little" problems and I hope they continue working together.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by twentyk(m): 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
AS I FEARED>>>TIS PLACE WOULD BE DEAD.....
RIP
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Folayinka: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
I just hope this life changing thread continues, I had opportunity of meeting Catered4 (Ibijoke), her daughter, 2 of her staff and her driver today in Kaduna just few hours ago. Before today, we only discuss business once in a while on phone, I can tell the house categorically here that the lady is someone who really knows what she is doing and and has a very good moral. I was really challenged and encouraged by her zeal, vision, drive and open mind. I can tell you categorically here that her business has even expanded and grown despite all the odds.
I really love what she is doing here, everyone following this thread must have benefited from her experiences in one way or the other. It is not until business is done with her, first thing that got me glued to this thread is that, it opened my eyes the more and made me believe more in myself. The hope, yawn, zeal and dream of being a full time entrepreneur was awaken and it made me believe it is never late. I believe same is the story of many people on this forum.

Why am I writing this epistle?
1. I wouldn't want this thread dead just like that but to wax stronger
2. There are still more to learn from the experience of Ibijoke and other Agro-Entreprenuers in the house
3. It'll empower many young Nigerians and make them fulfill their dreams
4. Better Nigeria often cried and anticipated for begins from platform of this nature. Let's assume Catered4 has just 10 people as staff on her payroll, just imagine that another 100 NL learn from here, grow there businesses and also employ 10 persons each at least. We'll end up taking 1,000 people off the street of unemployment.

My plead!
Please let's forget about whatever that happened and move on from here.
I hope to see more post of success stories soon, not only from Ibijoke but also from others who had taken or would take steps.

I hope to see Ibijoke uploading Kaduna farms' experience here on this thread.

May God bless our hustles and take us to the promise land.

Cheers!

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by semac00(m): 1:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
Oh My God.... Oh My God.....Ooohhh My God.
@ RedGarlic I was reasoning with u not until you poured everything out. I like you and I so much feel your pain from d bottom of my heart as it is just like u are saying my story. Yes my story.
First her rude aspects as you claimed, what do you expect when u mix business with pleasure. I have lived in Europe for 9 years so there's nothing u can tell me about civilization or socialization that I will understand. A married woman and business partner 'BABE' bro lets call a spade a spade.
Secondly you still got something you are hiding, «Res ipsa loquitur» law term meaning «The fact speaks for itself» you eareased some part of the chat. Not judging but only kids will not understand what is there.
As a friend if you still want that earased part kept like that let this matter die down. If u keep pushing its only a matter of time it will be exposed.
And if that is what you want then that is blackmail.
With the things you wrote if they are true, you are a very strong Man and God is not sleeping, the sky is your limit.
Think of it the money you want to claim is it worth it. Will it make her poor, will it make you very rich, is your lawyer doing it for free? If your answer is no bro let it go don't allow those hungry lawyers take advantage of u. Her lawyer and family told her not to say anything or respond to your post which she is doing. Which made them a step ahead in the case cos you do not know their plan. Bro think very well I wish u good luck in life.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by enolife(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
@ RedGarlic Truth must be told. You did not want to do business with that innocent woman, rather you wanted to snatch her from her poor husband and take over her business. But Glory be to God she did not given for your evil act.

If you genuinely want to learn or do business with her the word BABE will not be found in you conversations between you and here.

You said she is rude to you which I believe is true. she did that just to stop you from taking advantage of here. Who will like to work with you when knowing that you will lead her to sin against God and her Husband. she is wiser then you man.

Base on all the comments you post here. I can vividly say that you will lose every thing and even pay her for damage if this matter get court, take it or leave it

God fight for the innocent.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by twentyk(m): 8:49am On Jul 23, 2015
the last 2 post above me should take a chill pill abeg....i believe after the FOLAYINKA post(3rd above me)this matter is resolved nd we moving on....pls dont let us go back again nd peeps pls save ur advice/critism nd whatelse to ur self...this case is closed.........
What we need now is to start talking business or dont say nothing at all.....THANK YOU...

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nelton(m): 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
twentyk:
the last 2 post above me should take a chill pill abeg....i believe after the FOLAYINKA post(3rd above me)this matter is resolved nd we moving on....pls dont let us go back again nd peeps pls save ur advice/critism nd whatelse to ur self...this case is closed.........
What we need now is to start talking business or dont say nothing at all.....THANK YOU...
Seconded ! Please let's move forward.We should be discussing business. The thread has been derailed for too long.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by SIMPLYLEGAL: 9:49am On Jul 28, 2015
NOTICE OF RESOLUTION OF CONTRACTUAL DISAGREEMENT

We act as Solicitors/Legal Advisers to Mrs. Ibijoke Ojo-Michael (hereinafter referred to as ' Our Client' with specific instructions to write in respect of the captioned subject-matter.

We hereby convey Our Client's profound gratitude to you all for your phone calls, views and more importantly, your filial support in the past few weeks.

We wish to inform you that the contractual disagreement between Our Client and Mr. Jide Charles (otherwise known as Eddy /Regarlic) has since been fully resolved.

We commend Mr. Jide Charles for his overall conduct and commitment in relation to the amicable resolution of the said disagreement.

Thank you all.

FOR:PALACE SOLICITORS
ADEMOLA ADENAIKE (ESQ.)

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by MnenaSadiku(f): 10:32am On Jul 28, 2015
Thank God!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Anatomy Of An Entrepreneur / Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... / 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.