Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) (38706 Views)

Buhari's Letter To Senate On Appointment Of 2 Ministerial Nominees (Photo) / Dino Melaye, ABU VC Arrive Senate On Hearing Of Certificate Scandal (PHOTOS) / Certificate Scandal: Dino Melaye's Profile Altered By Senate On NASS Website- SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by EnigmAries(m): 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2015
unite4real:

for you mind.
That's what we were meant to believe. The Chief of Air Staff gave us the assurance lately.
Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
cmon:
I think JEGA is giving out too much information on this election and voting process, in such a way that one can now easily determine how to ultimately rig the elections successfully.

I do agree with you, I can already point out one or two short comings.

But I think it is imperative that everyone understands the process, so that party observers who are alien to recent developments will not cause ignorance stemmed violence.

1 Like

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by amanze15(m): 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
Some intelligent senators are forming

1 Like

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by agabusta: 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
karkel:
And long serving president in history........dat what obj don't want

This is a very dumb assertion. Even if Jona wins 2nd term (God forbid), he cant serve as long as Obj's total period of ruling Nigeria. Obj spent 3 yrs ealier and then 8 years making 11 years.

If GEJ comes back (God forbid grin) he will be spending 9 years and months.

8 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
[quote author=thunder74 post=30845673]The card reader is good and will curb rigging if PVC is distributed to all that registered.
A member of our church just left my office now that they could not find his PVC and observed that this happened to mostly Igbo as about 75% of people given in his presence were Yorubas.
If you looked at the distribution chat as published by Punch today, you will observe that some states in the north has over 90% collection while Ogun State has just 40% distribution.
If inec could step up the distribution, then card reader all the way but if not, the election is rigged already in favour of whoever the North supports.[/qufote]d problem is dat som ppl expect inec bring their pvc to their houses

3 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by picaso77: 2:28pm On Feb 18, 2015
Sajio:
Jega shouldn't stop @telling us the advantages of this machine but also it's possible disadvantage.. we don't want a situation where the card reader will shutdown pending on its usage.... how durable it is, can it work effectively thru out the day?.. I remembered how my Tecno phone got spoiled via long talk on phone. twas very hot and before I know it went off and that was the end of that phone.. I would prefer they test run it b4 using it in the election.. we don't want to hear any story ooh
DID YOU TEST RUN THE TECHNO PHONE BEFORE YOU BUY IT?

6 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by iluvnaija: 2:29pm On Feb 18, 2015
tbaba1234:

During the Obama/Romney elections, there were irregularities in some polling units. Some machines malfunctioned such that, you press Obama and Romney is recorded. This is a country with tested processes.

That is the problem with technology, there will be malfunction. At the end of the day, there is greater chance of a more credible elections with card readers than without.

For those comparing PVC as electronic voting
There is no electronic voting in naija for Christ sake! It's only for accreditation and to authenticate voters that's all.

Why many people dull like this?

6 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by gunuvi(m): 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
melomelo:
Lagos youth endorse GEJ

Nigeria Doctors endorse GEJ

NANS endorse GEJ

The traditional Worshipers (Babalawos) asso (National) endorse GEJ

Igbos in Lagos endorse GEJ

Opposition parties leaders (not to mention) endorse GEJ

Angels/ Malaikas in heaven and on earth endorse GEJ

More groups to endorse the great man GEJ

The whole of my community have decided to vote for GEJ and JKay (Omoluwabi Eko)

PDP everywhere till 2019
Same here in Badagry. All the Ogu (egun)people in Nigeria have endorsed GeJ too.
Ena yon na we medagbe jonathan.
Mile gununvi lee tin to godo na we.
Gej till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by Young4jose: 2:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
I hail U Jega, I nw begin 2 hav faith in U.

3 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by OLADD: 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
The INEC chairman ATAHIRU JEGA Now addressing the senate on the preparation for forthcoming elections: http://www.nta.ng/live/

The INEC Chairman confirmed some minutes ago that between 800,000 and 1,000,000 PVCs were yet to be brought into the country from overseas even as at today and this supported the alarm raised by FFK in his last public statement which many Nairalanders condemned. Can we see the level of mischief and error of judgement on display by many Nairalanders? Can those involved now say sorry to FFK? Was PDP not right to have punctured the claim by Prof Jega that INEC was ready for the election?

2 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by Burger01(m): 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
Dem no go kii Jega today cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by Rhozabeth(m): 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
melomelo:
Lagos youth endorse GEJ

Nigeria Doctors endorse GEJ

NANS endorse GEJ

The traditional Worshipers (Babalawos) asso (National) endorse GEJ

Igbos in Lagos endorse GEJ

Opposition parties leaders (not to mention) endorse GEJ

Angels/ Malaikas in heaven and on earth endorse GEJ

More groups to endorse the great man GEJ

The whole of my community have decided to vote for GEJ and JKay (Omoluwabi Eko)

PDP everywhere till 2019
All these groups and people (put together) that u ve mentioned do not form 5 percent of the electorate or the ordinary Nugerian! So they are insignificant

2 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by jaybee3(m): 2:33pm On Feb 18, 2015
iluvnaija:

There is no electronic voting in naija for Christ sake! It's only for accreditation and to authenticate voters that's all.

But it's possible to disenfranchise eligible voters due to system malfunction.
Have they got back up plans?
Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by amanze15(m): 2:33pm On Feb 18, 2015
Pdp senators dont want them to use card readers grin

7 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by karkel(m): 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
agabusta:

This is a very dumb assertion. Even if Jona wins 2nd term (God forbid), he cant serve as long as Obj's total period of ruling Nigeria. Obj spent 3 yrs ealier and then 8 years making 11 years.

If GEJ comes back (God forbid grin) he will be spending 9 years and months.
ok,how long did gej serve as the acting president
Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by PhockPhockMan: 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
OLADD:

The INEC Chairman confitmed some minutes ago that between 800,000 and 1,000,000 PVCs were yet to be brought to the country from overseas even as at today and this supported the alarm raised by FFK in his last public statement which many Nairalanders condemned. Can we see the level of mischief and error of judgement on display by many Nairalanders? Can those involved now say sorry to FFK? Was PDP not right to have punctured the claim by Prof Jega that INEC was ready for the election?
No mind them.
Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by Burger01(m): 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
These senators are just going back and forth for relevance. Most of them need IT training angry

3 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
The next move by PDP is to make use of the security chiefs.

3 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by PhockPhockMan: 2:37pm On Feb 18, 2015
Creamz:
Useless PHCN why take the light! Was enjoying this a whole lot
Sorry o o.

1 Like

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 18, 2015
iluvnaija:

Why can't you address someone with some reasonable degree of respect? Did he claim there's electronic voting in Nigeria?
He's only trying to point out the fact that electronic device can never be 100 percent efficient. Weather na for voting or na for accreditation no concern person. Nigerians shouldn't expect these devices to be 100% percent efficient simple.

6 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by dunkem21(m): 2:38pm On Feb 18, 2015
Imanuelle:

Head swell mode? wink

Nods in agreement.

If na you nko?
Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by Toktee(m): 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2015
I SWEAR,PDP IS AFRAID OF CARD READER

4 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by bjdon: 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2015
I am not watching live, but please if it is true that between 800,000 and 1 million PVC have not even arrived in the country then Jega MUST resign. He stood in front on the nation and said INEC was ready, the election was supposed to be last Saturday, is he now saying that approx 1 million people would have been dis-enfranchised?

1 Like

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by Etruth: 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2015
dunkem21:
[s]This confirms that he wasn't ready before. These are the necessary steps he should have taken before the elections.

It is not even enough to test it with the senators alone. He should conduct a mock election in selected communities with fictitious names and test the card reader appropriately.

What happens if the card reader is vandalized

He should open a Q & A session with Nigerians to further educate us on the processes.

He should not continue in isolation.
[/s] Election riggers are scaaaaarrrrreeeeddddd !!!

4 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
dunkem21:

Nods in agreement.

If na you nko?

Lol, congrats.
Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by iluvnaija: 2:46pm On Feb 18, 2015
Ichiato:

Why can't you address someone with some reasonable degree of respect? Did he claim there's electronic voting in Nigeria?
He's only trying to point out the fact that electronic device can never be 100 percent efficient. Weather na for voting or na for accreditation no concern person. Nigerians shouldn't expect these devices to be 100% percent efficient simple.

With all due respect my brother I am not abusing him only adding to what he has said. I keep hearing senators asking unreasonable questions when they know fully well the pure purpose of PVC.

I am sorry.

6 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
jaybee3:

There are back up plans which vary from the use of register, issuance of forms, getting annother card reader, or rescheduling of the exercise in the affected units.

2 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by itetemi: 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
Rhozabeth:

All these groups and people (put together) that u ve mentioned do not form 5 percent of the electorate or the ordinary Nugerian! So they are insignificant

you dey mind them, with all the so called endorsement, they still dey go lie down for obasanjo 'one vote'.
clowns

2 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
iluvnaija:

With all due respect my brother I am not abusing him only adding to what he has said. I keep hearing senators asking unreasonable questions when they know fully well the pure purpose of PVC.

I am sorry

Correct guy!

1 Like

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
sultan003:

Naaa, the card reader can be hacked too... Apparently the PVC has a chip inside, and with politicians buying it, are they not planning to hack into the technology of the PVC and the card reader.

whether this card reader works or not should have been proven since last year. There are loopholes everywhere.
in gombe state a woman was arrested for buyin pvc. she confessed they ar buyin it onbehalf of pdp only to get them burnt.d idea is to limit those likely to vote for d opposition frm doin so.
Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by jaybee3(m): 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
Imanuelle:

There are back up plans which vary from the use of register, issuance of forms, getting annother card reader, or rescheduling of the exercise in the affected units.
makes perfect sense then
I like the fact that chips are being used in the readers as they can be forensically analysed if needed

Slowly but surely we shall get there

2 Likes

Re: Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) by iluvnaija: 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
jaybee3:

Don't ask me, ask INEC.

As far as I am concern card reader will work perfectly. I was demonstrated today and has been demonstrated any times before and it's been working very well.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Rare Photo Of A Soldier Teaching A Lady How 2 Shoot Gun During Nigeria Civil War / Saraki Shares Video From 'Atiku Takes Over Kano' Rally. See Reactions / The Mystery Of The Altered Results In Nigeria's Disputed 2023 Election - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.