Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,807 members, 7,862,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:38 PM

He Needs Advice On How To Manage His Bar - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / He Needs Advice On How To Manage His Bar (732 Views)

This Nairalander Needs Advice On Online Business To Start With #5,000 / He Needs A Business/investment To Start With / Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Needs Advice On How To Manage His Bar by gemini6228: 2:37pm On Feb 18, 2015
Please fellow nairalanders, kindly render your pieces of advice on this issue.

My friend who works invested over N1.3m to open a bar at Mile 12, Lagos.That was in May last year. The bar was promising in the first two months of commencement but it started nosediving afterwards.The issue is that he has had a lot of barmen and cook come and go but the bad aspect is that all of them came to liquidate the business and he is getting tired of these barmen.Now he is contemplating on selling off the business which I have strongly refused because I want him to succeed in the businees.

The truth of the matter is that he has not made any profit since he opened the bar instead he has been making expenses from his own pocket and not from the bar. The last time we checked, his cumulative loss was over N200,000. One of the major reasons for this loss is that he has no customers, so he does not sell enough to cover staff salary,fuel,dstv subscription etc and secondly he works,hence he does not have his eyes strongly on the business.

I believe if he gets a good and social barman, he would do well.I think he needs someone who would see the business as his and manage it properly.Well these are what I think but I know there are intelligent people on this forum who might have some wonderful ideas to share. Please kindly help him out.

Thanks
Re: He Needs Advice On How To Manage His Bar by Yanglee(m): 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
The main issue is his inability to be on ground to manage and monitor things himself due to his job. It's really difficult to get someone trust worthy, from experience, what I would advice him is to get someone who he can handover the bar to for day to day operation at an agreed monthly payback target. The manager would be responsible for paying your friend, for paying the staff and incharge of the day to day expenses of running the bar.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HELP!!! Jumia 8 Months Of Inaction. Resolved / Oando Sells Downstream Business For $276m / What Bulk Sms Have You Used?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.