Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,445 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? (6336 Views)

FG Pays 81 Months Pension Arrears / Workers To Access 25% Pension Savings For Mortgage …to Forfeit Lump Sum Payment / 90-Year-Old Asked To Bring 1950 Appointment Letter To Get Pension (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by 2Cents: 5:52pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hi Nairalanders, please I need information on what the law says on non remmitance of pension deductions from employees account.
What rights does the employee have?

I have been working in a private Polytechnic for two and a half years, and despite pension deductions, my pension account has never been credited.

I plan to resign at the end of this academic session, and I will like to know if the deductions will be remitted after I leave. If not are there legal options open to me?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

1 Like

Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 18, 2015
o boy get a good lawyer and expect to smile to the bank.

1 Like

Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by 2Cents: 11:16pm On Feb 19, 2015
aguiyi:

cheesy thanks
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by nairalandharry: 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hmmm, just like dat?
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by nairalandharry: 9:08am On Dec 19, 2017
Good one
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by jerrybakermillz(m): 7:13am On Dec 20, 2017
Hmmm..,You have a flawless verdict in your favour
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by zukasteve: 7:14am On Dec 20, 2017
jerrybakermillz:
Hmmm..,
vbj
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by preshpearl(f): 7:16am On Dec 20, 2017
you could report the organization to the commission governing pension(national pension commission) headoffice in Abuja

lagos office in alausa
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 20, 2017
Please come to UNN and UNEC and ask the non-academic staff over there
That is what Ozumba has been doing to their salaries
When EFCC grabs him tomorrow, someone will shout witchunt angry

4 Likes

Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by NwaAmaikpe: 7:16am On Dec 20, 2017
shocked

The law is not definite on a case as that.

My advice,
Liaise with your PFA to give you documentary evidences of non-remittance to your RSA for the said period.

Get pay slip stumps with indications of such deductions.
Sue the Organization for matters bordering on fraudulent intent.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by Phlegzy(m): 7:20am On Dec 20, 2017
Simply write a letter to pencom stating all the details and your company name. Then follow up appropriately. They will be made to remit it plus interest. I know this because I'm in the industry.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by OLAFIMIX(f): 7:20am On Dec 20, 2017
Good day, please can anyone help me with any good male fashion designer where I can learn how to sew men's wear. I live at around isolo. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by Luqas: 7:20am On Dec 20, 2017
Have you tried to visit your institution's finance and account department to find out what the problem is? If yes, your next point of call is yourr PFA. From there you will know what to do. But in case you arrested not aware, you arr only entitled to some percentage of the money after six months of resignation without tenderING a new place of work to your PFA. You would have been entitle to all if you had worked 10 years and above.
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by Phlegzy(m): 7:25am On Dec 20, 2017
Luqas:
Have you tried to visit your institution's finance and account department to find out what the problem is? If yes, your next point of call is yourr PFA. From there you will know what to do. But in case you arrested not aware, you arr only entitled to some percentage of the money after six months of resignation without tenderING a new place of work to your PFA. You would have been entitle to all if you had worked 10 years and above.
Wrong, it's after 4 months with entitlement is 25% and he won't be entitled to all even if he has worked for 10 years.

4 Likes

Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by IMASTEX: 7:33am On Dec 20, 2017
You can sue them if the deductions from your salary was not credited into your pension account. Even the pension scheme you registered with will even hold them legally if they are aware of this non remittance. Just contact your PFA and watch the music after which.
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by Ibusho: 7:38am On Dec 20, 2017
Call your PFA. They will guide you on what to do accordingly. Your money will surely be remitted once they step into your issue. It i s statutory payment.
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by whizbee(m): 7:38am On Dec 20, 2017
Phlegzy:

Wrong, it's after 4 months with entitlement is 25% and he won't be entitled to all even if he has worked for 10 years.

Explain explicitly please
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by oba4yee(m): 7:48am On Dec 20, 2017
Be your own boss, register for quickteller paypoint today and be financially buoyant. for more info 080 621 624 37
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by manmidtexy(m): 7:50am On Dec 20, 2017
Call 08064721908

OLAFIMIX:
Good day, please can anyone help me with any good male fashion designer where I can learn how to sew men's wear. I live at around isolo. Thanks
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by babaskool(m): 7:53am On Dec 20, 2017
Dear Mr cents,
1. Is your polytechnic a private run insituton or publicly owned. This information is important so as to work out your minimum rate of the contributions that had been made for you by virtue of the Pension Reform Act 2014.

2.Do you have any information as to whether your employers elected to bear the cost of both the employer and employees contributions.

3. Do you still have a copy of your contract of employment handy, the position of the law is that an application of pension contributions to the total emolument of the employees as indicated in the employees contract of employment. Your monthly emolument from your polytechnic is simply your total emoluments as stated in your contract of employment provided this amount is not lower than the sum of your basic salary, housing allowance and transport allowance.

4.Do you remember opening a retirement savings account with a pension fund administrator since you started work with your polytechnic.

5.The legal means available to you if your pension funds had been misappropriated, is that apart form suing your employers for the due sums, you can apply for the forfeiture of the assets of your employers to the federal government

Pls feel free to message me should you need further information about your pension rights

AS ELUYEFA
Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by Wallade(m): 8:02am On Dec 20, 2017
2Cents:
Hi Nairalanders, please I need information on what the law says on non remmitance of pension deductions from employees account.

I have been working in a private Polytechnic for two and a half years, and despite pension deductions, my pension account has never been credited.

I plan to resign at the end of this academic session, and I will like to know if the deductions will be remitted after I leave. If not are there legal options open to me?

The position of the law is clear on this issue despite that the enforcement of the law is poor. It is criminal offence for the companies or organization to deduct pension from staff salary without remittance to the PFA in favor of the staff.
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by psalmistkakah(m): 8:02am On Dec 20, 2017
Phlegzy:

Good day, I love the way you are attending to this issue, please help me with this my dad retired six years ago, he was paid lump sum within a short period and have been paid monthly, I check his RSA balance the interest accrued is over 4 million I want to know if they will give it to him or the company will do otherwise because one guy working with insurance said they won't give him the interest that I should move it to annuity
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by OLAFIMIX(f): 8:05am On Dec 20, 2017
Thanks God bless you. Can you tell me a little about him so that I won't sound like a fool when calling him
manmidtexy:
Call 08064721908

Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by god2good: 8:31am On Dec 20, 2017
2015 ke?
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by Claroo(m): 8:33am On Dec 20, 2017
It is a criminal offence and you can sue the employer at the National Industrial Court.
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by CJIDEX(m): 8:57am On Dec 20, 2017
2Cents:

kindly contact a lawyer to write a letter for regularization of your PFA and copy PTF too.. Ensure you take these steps before taking formal action against your employers. Cheers
Feel free to contact me on 08060672567 for more clarification
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by Ibegtodiffer: 9:15am On Dec 20, 2017
genghiskhan007:
Please come to UNN and UNEC and ask the non-academic staff over there
That is what Ozumba has been doing to their salaries
When EFCC grabs him tomorrow, someone will shout witchunt angry

Same is happening at the University of Agriculture, Makurdi!
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by Cool83(m): 9:22am On Dec 20, 2017
Ibegtodiffer:

Same is happening at the University of Agriculture, Makurdi!
its almost everywhere, Ogun state has not been remitting for the past three years
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by bomsilaga(m): 9:34am On Dec 20, 2017
2Cents:

it happened to me personally, you will not smile to the bank my dear. at the end of the day your employer is only entitled by law to pay a 2% interest on the pension.
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by akigbemaru: 9:45am On Dec 20, 2017
2Cents:

Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by Housing(m): 9:49am On Dec 20, 2017
Just write PENCOM with your details: Your name, pension identification number, your monthly salary, amount deducted (%), if it is 8% that means your employer is to pay the 10% balance that means your is expected to remit 18% of your monthly salary to your RSA every month. That is in line with the 2014 revised pension. But some companies are yet to adopt that, that means it can only be 7.5% employee employers giving a total of 15%. What ever the case employer's are obliged by the law to make remittance into employees RSA not later than 7 working days after the payments of every monthly salary. Try and down the latest pensions act from the PENCOM site for better understanding of your right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Photoshop Video Tutorial 2018 Learn How To Use Photoshop For FREE / Do Women Make Better Managers Than Men? / Offshore/subsea Engineering Software (orcaflex) Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.