Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? (6339 Views)

FG Pays 81 Months Pension Arrears / Workers To Access 25% Pension Savings For Mortgage …to Forfeit Lump Sum Payment / 90-Year-Old Asked To Bring 1950 Appointment Letter To Get Pension (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by Funkybabee(f): 10:50am On Dec 20, 2017
psalmistkakah:

Good day, I love the way you are attending to this issue, please help me with this my dad retired six years ago, he was paid lump sum within a short period and have been paid monthly, I check his RSA balance the interest accrued is over 4 million I want to know if they will give it to him or the company will do otherwise because one guy working with insurance said they won't give him the interest that I should move it to annuity

Annuity ? Did ur father not first collect his % lumpsum when they paid is pay right before.. Stop pushing for what will not favor his children though they might promised u hell out of a hole but know something the day he died is the day ur money is gone and even if they want to pay his Nok self na what they wish they will give..

Leave him alone,let him enjoy his monthly pension go and find work

Note:No vex

Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by Ricmayak1: 11:29am On Dec 20, 2017
What about a company that has folded up? It was manned by a Nigerian, the parent company is still existing in the UK. They refused to pay our pension till they folded up. Can one hold the owner or the parent company in the UK responsible? Can I write a complaint letter to the UK company?
This company was an outsourcing company.
What is the best action to take?
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by mayorchelsea(m): 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2017
In my own case,my employer didn't remit my pensions for the period while I worked with the despite deducting it on a monthly basis which is illegal.After I left the MFI,they paid it few months later but without their own contribution as my employer.Is there any remedy to this?
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by psalmistkakah(m): 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
Funkybabee:

Annuity ? Did ur father not first collect his % lumpsum when they paid is pay right before.. Stop pushing for what will not favor his children though they might promised u hell out of a hole but know something the day he died is the day ur money is gone and even if they want to pay his Nok self na what they wish they will give..
Thank u so much, I am asking not for my interest I am a married man and by God grace am not doing bad in my business at least I cough out N500,000 annually for house and my office rent so am not jobless I am asking cos I want the best for him and thank you for the advise

Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by Funkybabee(f): 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2017
[quote author=psalmistkakah post=63493588][/quote]

That's nice..I can't condemn others job but what I want you to know is that everything things have advantage and its opposite...just think and make some research
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by lonelydora: 5:43am On Dec 28, 2017
Good a thread i need most now
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by lonelydora: 5:45am On Dec 28, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The law is not definite on a case as that.

My advice,
Liaise with your PFA to give you documentary evidences of non-remittance to your RSA for the said period.

Get pay slip stumps with indications of such deductions.
Sue the Organization for matters bordering on fraudulent intent.

where do i sue them? Do i go to court first or petition Pencom first?
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by lonelydora: 5:45am On Dec 28, 2017
Phlegzy:
Simply write a letter to pencom stating all the details and your company name. Then follow up appropriately. They will be made to remit it plus interest. I know this because I'm in the industry.

Their website is not working atm.
Re: Non Remittance Of Pension Deductions; Position Of The Law? by lonelydora: 5:49am On Dec 28, 2017
babaskool:
Dear Mr cents,
1. Is your polytechnic a private run insituton or publicly owned. This information is important so as to work out your minimum rate of the contributions that had been made for you by virtue of the Pension Reform Act 2014.

2.Do you have any information as to whether your employers elected to bear the cost of both the employer and employees contributions.

3. Do you still have a copy of your contract of employment handy, the position of the law is that an application of pension contributions to the total emolument of the employees as indicated in the employees contract of employment. Your monthly emolument from your polytechnic is simply your total emoluments as stated in your contract of employment provided this amount is not lower than the sum of your basic salary, housing allowance and transport allowance.

4.Do you remember opening a retirement savings account with a pension fund administrator since you started work with your polytechnic.

5.The legal means available to you if your pension funds had been misappropriated, is that apart form suing your employers for the due sums, you can apply for the forfeiture of the assets of your employers to the federal government

Pls feel free to message me should you need further information about your pension rights

AS ELUYEFA
Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria

please your contact? PM please

(1) (2) (Reply)

Offshore/subsea Engineering Software (orcaflex) Training / Do Women Make Better Managers Than Men? / Nike Hires Nigerian Artist Laolu Sebanjo To Create Air Max Inspired Art In NY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.