Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,238 members, 7,953,900 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:32 AM

The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism (4663 Views)

Merry Christmas to everybody in Nigeria. / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria / I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by paxonel(m): 6:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
fanatics are people who have very strong religious beliefs that often make them
behave in an unreasonable way, according to Macmillan English dictionary.
it is very unreasonable to think that not all christians are saved. 95% population of Nigerian christians have this believe including all pastors.
they judge people by their action, behaving unreasonably towards them.
if they see a girl putting on sexy dress walking on the street they will say she is not a Christian. some will hate her.
if they see a guy smoking on the street with a bottle of alcohol or dancing skelewu or shoki or azonto they will say he is not a Christian. they will hate him.
meanwhile God judge people by the religion they belong to, not by what they do.
brethren in the lord, excess religion is making the world a bad place for some people.
no love, no care.
i asked a lady who is a member of winners the other day, who are the people that are in heaven on earth?
she told me it is only winners members.
How about other church members ?
she say, i don't know about them o, it is only winners i know.
imagine

2 Likes

Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by Hildalicious(f): 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
paxonel:
fanatics are people who has very strong religious beliefs that often make them
behave in an unreasonable way, according to Macmillan English dictionary.
it is very unreasonable to think that not all christians are saved. 95% population of Nigerian christians have this believe including all pastors.
they judge people by their action, behaving unreasonably towards them.
if they see a girl putting on sexy dress walking on the street they will say she is not a Christian. some will hate her.
if they see a guy smoking on the street with a bottle of alcohol or dancing skelewu or shoki or azonto they will say he is not a Christian. they will hate him.
meanwhile God judge people by the religion they belong to, not by what they do.
brethren in the lord, excess religion is making the world a bad place for some people.
no love, no care.
i asked a lady who is a member of winners the other day, who are the people that are in heaven on earth?
she told me it is only winners members.
How about other church members ?
she say, i don't know about them o, it is only winners i know.
imagine
what makes you think everybody i Christianity are saved? the Bible says not all who called him lord lord will enter the kingdom of God

1 Like

Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by paxonel(m): 6:56pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hildalicious:

what makes you think everybody i Christianity are saved? the Bible says not all who called him lord lord will enter the kingdom of God
lol,
you know now
that is what they told us in children church
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
Crass!

Keep deceiving yourself. According to your bible in Revelation 7 and 14, only 144,000 people will make heaven and that means about 99.9% of people on this earth will go to hell fire. tongue *No matter the hate on other religious group and atheists, na the same place una go enter* (Innit?) grin

James 2:14--26

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?

15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food.

16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?

17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.

19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that —and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless ? (See how your loving God threw this insult grin)

21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?

22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” [ b ] and he was called God’s friend.

24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?

26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Anyways, not as if your God exists. undecided undecided kiss undecided

1 Like

Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by paxonel(m): 1:42am On Feb 19, 2015
FrancisTony:
Crass!

Keep deceiving yourself. According to your bible in Revelation 7 and 14, only 144,000 people will make heaven and that means about 99.9% of people on this earth will go to hell fire. tongue *No matter the hate on other religious group and atheists, na the same place una go enter* (Innit?) grin

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?

16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?

17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that —and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless ? (See how your loving God threw this insult grin)

21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?

22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” [ b ] and he was called God’s friend.

24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?

144000 people will make heaven?
ahahaha haha
you nor even say they are already in heaven right now, you are saying they will make.
now that i am in heaven am i not better than the 144,000 that your Jehovah witness claim they will make heaven in the future?
Colossians 1:13 assures us that Who(Jesus ) hath delivered us (not he is going to deliver us in the future,making us to be waiting for rapture or amagedon) from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
so we have been translated to heaven already.
and your 144000 people are there waiting?
lol
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by paxonel(m): 1:51am On Feb 19, 2015
FrancisTony:
Crass!

ahahaha haha
you nor even say they are already in heaven right now, you are saying they will make.
now that i am in heaven am i not better than the 144,000 that your Jehovah witness claim they will make heaven in the future?
Colossians 1:13 assures us that Who(Jesus ) hath delivered us (not he is going to deliver us in the future,making us to be waiting for rapture or amagedon or something ) from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
jw, una too dull.
lol
please you believe in Christ you are already in heaven, don't take religion seriously again, doing so is fanatism. They are confusing you people.
just live your life and love your neighbor as yourself
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by Hildalicious(f): 2:02am On Feb 19, 2015
paxonel:

ahahaha haha
Colossians 1:13 assures us that Who(Jesus ) hath delivered us (not he is going to deliver us in the future,making us to be waiting for rapture or amagedon or something ) from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
jw, una too dull.
lol
please you believe in Christ you are already in heaven, don't take religion seriously again, doing so is fanatism. They are confusing you people.
just live your life and love your neighbor as yourself
so, when were we translated to heaven?
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by paxonel(m): 2:06am On Feb 19, 2015
Hildalicious:

so, when were we translated to heaven?
the very day Christ resurrected since 2000 years ago, and the very day any non christian (unbeliever ) or athiest decide to believe in Jesus, he is automatically translated to heaven
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by denisbid: 2:26am On Feb 19, 2015
FrancisTony:
Crass!

do your calculation very well and think, leave Jehovah witnesses.
12 tribes of Israel was assumed to be 12 thousand people each.
so, 12 * 12 thousand people is equal to?
this shows that God has not closed the door against the Jews. anyone of them who chooses to believe is saved too

1 Like

Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 19, 2015
paxonel:

the very day Christ resurrected since 2000 years ago, and the very day any non christian (unbeliever ) or athiest decide to believe in Jesus, he is automatically translated to heaven
So, what then did the bible mean by 144000 people? And if billions of people go to heaven. What are they going to there?
The bible makes it clear that Jesus alongside 144000 persons will rule over the new earth. So i don't know why you think heaven is place of enjoyment.
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by paxonel(m): 7:19am On Feb 19, 2015
denisbid:

this shows that God has not closed the door against the Jews. anyone of them who chooses to believe is saved too
you are very correct
pls tell him o,
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 19, 2015
paxonel:

ahahaha haha
Colossians 1:13 assures us that Who(Jesus ) hath delivered us (not he is going to deliver us in the future,making us to be waiting for rapture or amagedon) from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
lol
I am not, and was never a Jehovah witness.
I quoted bible not their teaching. Read Revelation 7 and 14.
By the way, the colossians you quoted only said Jesus hath delievered us from all sins and it doesn't mean that heaven is already guaranteed for us by believing all alone. We need to work for it....

In the old testament, Jews could not speak with God directly owing to sin inherited from Adam and Eve except through a priest.

Jesus only came to die and restore us from the sins, and made us closer to God.

Any sin committed by human on earth, is taking him or her to hell fire.
You, "Protestants", should stop teaching heresies.

Faith without work is dead - Even Devil himself has faith that God exists but it's not enough to save him. undecided
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 19, 2015
denisbid:

I have quoted bible to support mine about faith without work is dead.

Quote your own or STFU! angry

Devil himself believe in God and tremble. Does that mean he's already making heaven?
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by paxonel(m): 8:13am On Feb 19, 2015
timonski:
So, what then did the bible mean by 144000 people? And if billions of people go to heaven. What are they going to there?
The bible makes it clear that Jesus alongside 144000 persons will rule over the new earth. So i don't know why you think heaven is place of enjoyment.

the ruling started since 2000 years ago. Jesus is our king, the 144,000 represent as many Jews that believe in Jesus as denisbid calculated .
144,000 is not a specific number as exactly 144,000. it represent as many Jews.
the bible says as many that received him, to them he gave power to become.
the multitude with white clothings represent the gentiles. the 144,000 Jews plus the multitude are all belong to that kingdom which Jesus is the king.
that kingdom is here on earth right inside us
Revelation 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. so, Jesus dwell in us, he is inside us as a king, we are now his temple that serve him day and night, not by going to church, but by living our eternal life here on earth which has already started since 2000 years ago
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 19, 2015
paxonel:

the ruling started since 2000 years ago. Jesus is our king, the 144,000 represent as many Jews that believe in Jesus as denisbid calculated .
144,000 is not a specific number as exactly 144,000. it represent as many Jews.
the bible says as many that received him, to them he gave power to become.
the multitude with white clothings represent the gentiles. the 144,000 Jews plus the multitude are all belong to that kingdom which Jesus is the king.
that kingdom is here on earth right inside us
Revelation 7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. so, Jesus dwell in us, he is inside us as a king, we are now his temple that serve him day and night, not by going to church, but by living our eternal life here on earth which has already started since 2000 years ago
who then will the "144000" rule over?
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by paxonel(m): 8:41am On Feb 19, 2015
FrancisTony:

I am not, and was never a Jehovah witness.
I quoted bible not their teaching. Read Revelation 7 and 14.
By the way, the colossians you quoted only said Jesus hath delievered us from all sins and it doesn't mean that heaven is already guaranteed for us by believing all alone. We need to work for it....

In the old testament, Jews could not speak with God directly owing to sin inherited from Adam and Eve except through a priest.

Jesus only came to die and restore us from the sins, and made us closer to God.

Any sin committed by human on earth, is taking him or her to hell fire.
You, "Protestants", should stop teaching heresies.

Faith without work is dead - Even Devil himself has faith that God exists but it's not enough to save him. undecided

that colossians says we have been translated to the kingdom of our heavenly father. that include deliverance from sin, because there is no sinner in his kingdom.
Before God who judge us, we are not sinners though we commit sin on earth. God is not looking at us and our sin, God is looking at Jesus.
therefore we have the righteousness of God through Christ.
it is not heresy, it is in the bible.
Catholics know this truth, i don't know where you are getting your own from.
it is true that faith without works is dead, that means, any sin we commit as christians we will pay for it here on earth, just like anyone else. God will purnish us. but that doesn't mean we are not saved.
The devil is not human, Christ came to save humans, not the devil
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by paxonel(m): 8:56am On Feb 19, 2015
timonski:
who then will the "144000" rule over?

we are the 144,000
we are ruling over the earth right now in righteousness don't you understand?
man ruled over the earth before the fall of adam. adam messed up and lost the rulership, Jesus came and restore back that rulership and now, we are ruling with Jesus.
that kingdom is right inside us.
interesting story.
ok, are you waiting for a physical kingdom that can be perceived with the 5 senses?
ahahahahahaaaa
Jesus says my kingdom is not of this world, we are not here on earth to fight Obama.
we are here to live our lives in righteousness let the world see and change
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by denisbid: 9:15am On Feb 19, 2015
paxonel:

you are very correct
pls tell him o,
thanks!
everything is mentioned like that in the book of revelation, i saw it.
the tribes were even mentioned,
but i was wondering if only 144,000 israelites were ruling in the kingdom with Christ.
why is it only israelites?
how about Gentiles?
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 19, 2015
paxonel:

that colossians says we have been translated to the kingdom of our heavenly father. that include deliverance from sin, because there is no sinner in his kingdom.
Before God who judge us, we are not sinners though we commit sin on earth. God is not looking at us and our sin, God is looking at Jesus.
therefore we have the righteousness of God through Christ.
it is not heresy, it is in the bible.
Catholics know this truth, i don't know where you are getting your own from.
it is true that faith without works is dead, that means, any sin we commit as christians we will pay for it here on earth, just like anyone else. God will purnish us. but that doesn't mean we are not saved.
The devil is not human, Christ came to save humans, not the devil

Okay! Let's cite an example.

If there are no sinners, I assume you are homophobic or are you not?

Why do Nigerian Christians condemn gays to hell fire? undecided
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 19, 2015
Meanwhile, wink

Job 31:11-12 New Living Translation (NLT)

11 For lust is a shameful sin,
a crime that should be punished.

12 It is a fire that burns all the way to hell. [ a ]
It would wipe out everything I own.

Matthew 19.24

Again I tell you, it easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to make the kingdom of God.

Why the statements undecided
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by Hildalicious(f): 9:41am On Feb 19, 2015
paxonel:

who is an unbeliever?
i think anyone who commit sin is unbeliever?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by paxonel(m): 10:18am On Feb 19, 2015
denisbid:

thanks!
everything is mentioned like that in the book of revelation, i saw it.
the tribes were even mentioned,
but i was wondering if only 144,000 israelites were ruling in the kingdom with Christ.
why is it only israelites?
how about Gentiles?
it is not only 144,000 Israelites that was mentioned in that Scripture. multitude of gentiles who went through the great tribulation were included among those who are ruling with Christ, if you read down
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by paxonel(m): 10:22am On Feb 19, 2015
FrancisTony:

being homophobic is a natural instinct, just like we are afraid to put our clean hands in a shit
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by paxonel(m): 10:25am On Feb 19, 2015
FrancisTony:

being homophobic is a natural instinct, just like we are afraid to put our clean hands in a shit.
But if some people are not afraid to put their hands in shit, leave them alone, that is their own instinct. so long shit do not kill them
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by paxonel(m): 10:52am On Feb 19, 2015
FrancisTony:
Meanwhile, wink

Job 31:11-12 New Living Translation (NLT)

11 For lust is a shameful sin,
a crime that should be punished.

12 It is a fire that burns all the way to hell. [ a ]
It would wipe out everything I own.

Matthew 19.24

Again I tell you, it easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to make the kingdom of God.

Why the statements undecided

yes, there is purnishment for every sin we commit. But to enter the kingdom of God which we are already in by virture of the crucifixion, it is by believing only.
if you follow the story you will understand the statement. The man was rich, to enter the kingdom he need to abandoned all his riches and follow Christ to Jerusalem where Jesus was to be crucified so that the kingdom of God will come, so that he will enter.
Peter told Jesus we (your disciples ) have left all (abandoned all what we worked for) and follow thee. see what Jesus told him.
i takes believing in Jesus to follow him and be his disciple.
since the rich man left sorrowfully without following Jesus it means he prefered his riches than eternal life, that was why Jesus made that statement.
it is easier for a camel to pass through, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom (for a rich man to follow me )
and truly, all those that were his disciples were poor people.
that's why he said, blessed are the poor in heart.....
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by paxonel(m): 11:04am On Feb 19, 2015
Hildalicious:

who is an unbeliever?
i think anyone who commit sin is unbeliever?
check your dictionary, as the name implies, an unbeliever is someone who doesn't share the same faith with you, not people who commit sin.
the name formerly used for unbelievers who are people like Muslims, atheists etc, because they do not believe in Jesus is infidel.
But the word infidel is seen offensive, so it is not used in this modern day.
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by denisbid: 11:12am On Feb 19, 2015
paxonel:

it is not only 144,000 Israelites that was mentioned in that Scripture. multitude of gentiles who went through the great tribulation were included among those who are ruling with Christ, if you read down
i don't understand something.
what is the great tribulation?
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by johnydon22(m): 11:15am On Feb 19, 2015
paxonel:

check your dictionary, as the name implies, an unbeliever is someone who doesn't share the same faith with you, not people who commit sin.
the name formerly used for unbelievers who are people like Muslims, atheists etc, because they do not believe in Jesus is infidel.
To the Muslims you also is an infidel and an unbeliever...
You are also an unbeliever to the pegans
to the Hindus etc

1 Like

Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by denisbid: 11:16am On Feb 19, 2015
paxonel:

check your dictionary, as the name implies, an unbeliever is someone who doesn't share the same faith with you, not the person or people who commit sin.
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by denisbid: 11:19am On Feb 19, 2015
johnydon22:

To the Muslims you also is an infidel and an unbeliever...
You are also an unbeliever to the pegans
to the Hindus etc
that is true
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2015
paxonel:

we are the 144,000
we are ruling over the earth right now in righteousness don't you understand?
man ruled over the earth before the fall of adam. adam messed up and lost the rulership, Jesus came and restore back that rulership and now, we are ruling with Jesus.
that kingdom is right inside us.
interesting story.
ok, are you waiting for a physical kingdom that can be perceived with the 5 senses?
ahahahahahaaaa
Jesus says my kingdom is not of this world, we are not here on earth to fight Obama.
we are here to live our lives in righteousness let the world see and change
lol. Right now, satan is the ruler of this world
Re: The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
paxonel:

yes, there is purnishment for every sin we commit. But to enter the kingdom of God which we are already in by virture of the crucifixion, it is by believing only.
if you follow the story you will understand the statement. The man was rich, to enter the kingdom he need to abandoned all his riches and follow Christ to Jerusalem where Jesus was to be crucified so that the kingdom of God will come, so that he will enter.
Peter told Jesus we (your disciples ) have left all (abandoned all what we worked for) and follow thee. see what Jesus told him.
i takes believing in Jesus to follow him and be his disciple.
since the rich man left sorrowfully without following Jesus it means he prefered his riches than eternal life, that was why Jesus made that statement.
it is easier for a camel to pass through, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom (for a rich man to follow me )
and truly, all those that were his disciples were poor people.
that's why he said, blessed are the poor in heart.....

Before I take your rants serious, provide a biblical verse that says "believing only" is enough to take us to heaven. All you are doing here, is ranting off point.

You didn't even counter my point that says lust is a sin that leads to hell fire.

Devil believed in God but just an evil thought from his heart, was enough to send him to hell fire. Why didn't God forgive him?

Jesus came to die for our original sin which was an obstacle hindering us from speaking with God directly. Smh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Did Mohammed’s Stories Come From? / Why Did Eminem Live Longer Than Tupac? / A God Given Dream On Rapture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.