Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,489 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Programming Autoresponse - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Programming Autoresponse (972 Views)

I Need Help With This Php Code For Email And Sms Autoresponse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming Autoresponse by Afam4eva(m): 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2009
I noticed that many nigerians pay for Autoresponse, so i got myself asking this question.
  Is it that there's no programming language used for designing it or is restricted to some people. I just don't uderstand, because i want to use it on my site, but i don't want to pay for it, i'll rather learn how to do it.
    please can someone enlighten me please?
Re: Programming Autoresponse by yawatide(f): 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2009
What kind of autoresponse? Email autoresponse? If yes, you can do that yourself in PHP. Google for "PHP email autoresponder sample code" and you will get tons of results. Also look at the PHP mail() function on like php.net.

Good luck!
Re: Programming Autoresponse by Afam4eva(m): 8:04pm On Jan 06, 2009
So, how come internet marketers pay so much for it, and it's like they pay monthly to getresponse.com
Re: Programming Autoresponse by yawatide(f): 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2009
ah, I c wat u r trying to do wink

For a small number of emails, you can use your webhost but they have limits. Enter the commercial guys. They have their own servers or rent space on some server and run the autoresponders for clients and charge accordingly.

Make sense?
Re: Programming Autoresponse by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2009
I know perfectly well what you are saying. It is similar to a cron job basically there is a small tech aspect of it - u make use of the technique called piping - method differs from server to server - u now pipe the emails being sent to a server to say a PHP script - that script can now take action whenever a mail is sent to your site.
Lemme give u a clearer view. If for instance i decided to pipe all the mails being sent to my site to a script - then even if u send yawa@mwebng.net to me - the script will get it and can now decided what it want to do whether to forward it to another mail, or add it to a blog,

Alternatively, you can chose to dispatch a mail immediately back to the sender - that will be your autoresponse iiight
Re: Programming Autoresponse by OmniPotens(m): 6:25am On Jan 07, 2009
You are all right in here. But from the tone of the poster, you can tell that he wants something that can replace peeps like getresponse.com where you'll have to pay for the program. I actually understand he is considering getting a program that can offer such solution (standalone on his server) than having to pay third party solutions for it.

@afam4eva, I'm I correct?
Re: Programming Autoresponse by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 07, 2009
If that is what he is tryin to create. It makes alot of sense too. I just explained how those stuffs work. I actually sat down and pieced
a similar solution last month using a similar technology and after so much research was able to figure out what was going on.
In fact it was obvious from the way the app was meant to be involved - i just had to study the few aspects of it i do not understand.
Re: Programming Autoresponse by teemy(m): 12:27am On Jan 19, 2012
@poster, if you can program in php, create a responder table with 3 columns response-id, response, time. Already in your members table you should have a column for time of registration. Next in your cpanel, time a cron job to at every 12 noon activate a script say autoresponder.php. Let's now work on autoresponder.php. In a while loop, it brings out the data for all your members one at a time. We only need the time and probably the email of everyone there. Next, for every row in the responder table add the time to that (registration time) of the member and if the resulting time falls within the day the autoresponse.php script is running, send an email containing the response contents else move on and analyse the next response time till the end and so on for all the members. You can use unix time format to make things easy. Alternatively, have a next-response column on your members table so what your autoresponder.php script does is to say if next-response is 2, process response with response-id 2 for that member and increments the next-response by 1 making it 3 which is what is processed next day. Take this as an homework for you to rack your brains on. :d. N.B I have a bowl of eko in front of me so no time to code now.
Re: Programming Autoresponse by teemy(m): 12:31am On Jan 19, 2012
By the way, response-id 1 is what your new member is supposed to get as welcome email.
Re: Programming Autoresponse by Ekiti1: 12:37am On Jan 19, 2012
To think I was asking myself this same question 2day. Actually downloaded some codes which I will take a look at soon as day breaks. Pls we need more solutions on this
OmniPotens:

You are all right in here. But from the tone of the poster, you can tell that he wants something that can replace peeps like getresponse.com where you'll have to pay for the program. I actually understand he is considering getting a program that can offer such solution (standalone on his server) than having to pay third party solutions for it.

@afam4eva, I'm I correct?
Though I aint afam, u are very correct.
Afam, no be so?
teemy:

@poster, if you can program in php, create a responder table with 3 columns response-id, response, time. Already in your members table you should have a column for time of registration. Next in your cpanel, time a cron job to at every 12 noon activate a script say autoresponder.php. Let's now work on autoresponder.php. In a while loop, it brings out the data for all your members one at a time. We only need the time and probably the email of everyone there. Next, for every row in the responder table add the time to that (registration time) of the member and if the resulting time falls within the day the autoresponse.php script is running, send an email containing the response contents else move on and analyse the next response time till the end and so on for all the members. You can use unix time format to make things easy. Alternatively, have a next-response column on your members table so what your autoresponder.php script does is to say if next-response is 2, process response with response-id 2 for that member and increments the next-response by 1 making it 3 which is what is processed next day. Take this as an homework for you to rack your brains on. :d. N.B I have a bowl of eko in front of me so no time to code now.
Can u pls break this down when u are through with Eko?

1 Like

Re: Programming Autoresponse by teemy(m): 2:09am On Jan 19, 2012
@Ekiti1, let's see how afam4eva does with his assignment. Giving him all the codes would not totally be helping him except he is in a fix that needs to be resolved ASAP. You could also try out the open-book test. Eko tastes nice, hmm.

(1) (Reply)

check This Out (fake Interswish Site) / How Much Do You Spend On Fuel As Webmaster? / Has Any One Hosted With Black Host Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.