Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Where Are Nigerians In Australia . - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Are Nigerians In Australia . (235923 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by freshestfrank: 12:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

Ok that's fine for as much as it's @iom.int. I can see you contacted their Australia office.

But I used the global and country specific email address which was dedicated for Concession Fares. The addresses are:
osu@iom.int
iomlagosops@iom.int

Give them close of business tomorrow. And note that Australia and Nigeria have different time zones. Nigeria doesn't book the flight, Ghana does it. But the Nigerian team mediates.

Boss i just got this message now from IOM lagos.

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
freshestfrank:

Boss i just got this message now from IOM lagos.

That's sad Frank. I never knew you're a student though.
I'm sure the mail was obvious has it was clearly stated on the IOM website too.
I understand the service was mainly for migrants, precisely PR and citizens. It's intended to help make resettlement of migrants easy.
I can only say I've been lucky on this occasion coz I'm only a temp.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Eugenco4577: 12:40am On Jul 05, 2016
Hello pls can u hook me up with a student in Macquarie University Sydney. I just got my visa grant and will be traveling in two weeks time. I need urgent reply. Thanks
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Dfavouredone: 8:58am On Jul 05, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

That's sad Frank. I never knew you're a student though.
I'm sure the mail was obvious has it was clearly stated on the IOM website too.
I understand the service was mainly for migrants, precisely PR and citizens. It's intended to help make resettlement of migrants easy.
I can only say I've been lucky on this occasion coz I'm only a temp.

How much did u paid for ur ticket with IOM?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:31am On Jul 05, 2016
Dfavouredone:

How much did u paid for ur ticket with IOM?

N205k as at 29th June 2016, and the ticket shows $(USD)911.
I checked the fare for that itenary online and it's N601k on wakanow.com and $(USD)1,608 on Emirates.com.
So, like I said, with the current value of the Naira, I can say I made a good saving. I wish they had similarly scheme for one to obtain the dollars coz that's the next thing giving me sleepless nights, lol. My once very huge budget has now become a CHANGE in USD.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:36am On Jul 05, 2016
Eugenco4577:
Hello pls can u hook me up with a student in Macquarie University Sydney. I just got my visa grant and will be traveling in two weeks time. I need urgent reply. Thanks

Please note that there are many threads for Australian migrants on this forum, and each one is dedicated to specific topic/subject of discussions. And I'm aware there's one of such threads for students coz I found that first and it wasn't really helpful until I found the right thread.
So, the best answer you'll get on your query is on the student thread. Please, take out time to search out the thread and connect with fellow students, it helps more.
Cheers bro, meet you in the Down Under...
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Khez: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2016
how do i get a cheaper school in Australia for post graduate studies which i can apply to remain there after studies ......

affordable sch abegi

make my papa nor get high bp yet ...

pls help guys
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Laurele(f): 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
SOMEONE SHOULD PLEASE REPLY THIS. I NEED THIS INFO TOO. TO WORK AND SCHOOL BASICALLY AT MASTERS LEVEL. MASTERS IN PHOTOGRAPHY PRECISELY

Khez:
how do i get a cheaper school in Australia for post graduate studies which i can apply to remain there after studies ......

affordable sch abegi

make my papa nor get high bp yet ...

pls help guys
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
Laurele:
SOMEONE SHOULD PLEASE REPLY THIS. I NEED THIS INFO TOO. TO WORK AND SCHOOL BASICALLY AT MASTERS LEVEL. MASTERS IN PHOTOGRAPHY PRECISELY

Your question is a strong one... lol. Let me try to help... Honestly, Your First Step should be;

1. Go online(google precisely), Find schools that offer your desired course and compare tuition.

2. Next step is figure out your financial capacity

3. Decide if you can begin the application process and join the australia Visa general enquiries thread for more relevant information.

4. FYI Masters programs aren't so cheap (i may be wrong, depending on your findings), other options are coming via PR or find a TAFE course.

The Summary is you hold the key to any information you want if you can spare yourself some time to do a proper research on what you want online.

The next questions you may want to ask me will actually give me a clear indication of what research you did after reading this post. Cheers Dear, All the best and God bless

cc: khez

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Laurele(f): 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
hello, i just came across your post. i want to apply for a post graduate course in photography in university of Tasmania, but i need to find out if i can work and school as well, as i am looking towards relocating there really. what do you advise please?

pacy06:
I just bumped into this page and found it interesting. I am a Nigerian studying in Australia (Tasmania) as well.

I was about going to bed when I noticed this page and as such, I can't say much now but I have got a very good advise for Nigerians that want to move to Australia. There is a mindset that shouldn't cross your mind when coming here and that is to get involve with life of crime. I never knew we (Nigerians) have a very bad reputation till I got here and that has totally made me a new person.

In essence, if you have it in mind to come over just so you get involved with shady deals to make quick money, i'd advice you have a rethink. Being genuine pays really well here in Aussie and I wish you'all good luck.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Laurele(f): 4:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
thank you. i will do a proper research and join the thread you talked about.
thanks for taking out time to reply in detail
deleyi20:

Your question is a strong one... lol. Let me try to help... Honestly, Your First Step should be;

1. Go online(google precisely), Find schools that offer your desired course and compare tuition.

3. Decide if you can begin the application process and join the australia Visa general enquiries thread for more relevant information.

4. FYI Masters programs aren't so cheap (i may be wrong, depending on your findings), other options are coming via PR or find a TAFE course.

The Summary is you hold the key to any information you want if you can spare yourself some time to do a proper research on what you want online.

The next questions you may want to ask me will actually give me a clear indication of what research you did after reading this post. Cheers Dear, All the best and God bless

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2016
Laurele:
thank you. i will do a proper research and join the thread you talked about.
thanks for taking out time to reply in detail

You're welcome. After your research and decision making; ask more questions that will guide you through the process... The link to the thread is https://www.nairaland.com/2338380/general-australian-visa-enquiries-part
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Laurele(f): 6:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
ok, tnx!
deleyi20:

You're welcome. After your research and decision making; ask more questions that will guide you through the process... The link to the thread is https://www.nairaland.com/2338380/general-australian-visa-enquiries-part

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by mctowel01: 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

No.
I got a Skilled Recognised Graduate Temporary Visa ( Subclass 476). It's valid for 18 months from date of 1st entry to Oz.
I didn't know much about the Skilled Independent Visa when I applied for mine. But now that I'm aware, Subclass 189 is in view; I'll need to get good IELTS score coz I need the 20 points to meet the minimum score for Skilled Independent Visa.

I'm an Engineering graduate (BEng in Chemical Engineering and MSc in Drilling Engineering).

I applied in January, 2016 and got it in March, 2016.

Best Wishes
Sup bro, i m in the same shoes as you.
I am now limited to the 189 PR route since the new student visa requirements are no longer feasible for me. I m also an Engineering graduate and from my research. I ll advise you go for PTE instead of ielts if you re aiming for 20 points.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Khez: 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2016
THANKS ALOT

deleyi20:

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 4:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
mctowel01:

I am now limited to the 189 PR route since the new student visa requirements are no longer feasible for me. I m also an Engineering graduate and from my research. I ll advise you go for PTE instead of ielts if you re aiming for 20 points.

Thanks buddy
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by bykeman01(m): 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
please khez. can you throw more light on the TAFE program mes. Can a bachelor's degree holder apply for it?. please what are the requirements, also can you work while undergoing the training. please is there possibly of getting a PR via dis kinda visa. thanks n remain blessed

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Khez: 10:38pm On Jul 13, 2016
[Xquote author=bykeman01 post=47445037]please khez. can you throw more light on the TAFE program mes. Can a bachelor's degree holder apply for it?. please what are the requirements, also can you work while undergoing the training. please is there possibly of getting a PR via dis kinda visa. thanks n remain blessed[/quote]

Bro, i don't even know what that mean....... I'm not sure you heard that from me bro

Pls check well and direct your questions properly for quick response

Thanks God bless too
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Khez: 10:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
bykeman01:
please khez. can you throw more light on the TAFE program mes. Can a bachelor's degree holder apply for it?. please what are the requirements, also can you work while undergoing the training. please is there possibly of getting a PR via dis kinda visa. thanks n remain blessed

Bro, i don't even know what that mean....... I'm not sure you heard that from me bro

Pls check well and direct your questions properly for quick response

Thanks God bless too
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by cremeuc: 10:54pm On Jul 13, 2016
Who is in Sydney here?
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 13, 2016
cremeuc:
Who is in Sydney here?

olalekan.fowodu@aol.com
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:00am On Jul 14, 2016
mctowel01:

Hey buddy, my IELTS result is out but didn't earn me the 20 points as summarised in my post below:

Has anyone applied for PTE in Nigeria recently? I've been trying it for 2days now but payment has been declined with 4 different cards. These cards are all being used for ATM withdrawals and online payments.

My IELTS result came out below my target of 8.0 across all bands: L 8.5 R 8.0 W 7.5 S 7.0
So, with the many feedback from test takers, I think I should switch sides, lol.

Anyone who has successfully registered for the PTE recently should please advise on how to overcome my challenge.
Cheers
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by OlalekanKad(m): 11:38am On Jul 14, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I need some clarifications here and I would appreciate if someone can help shed more light on it.

I just got a BEng Honors degree from a UK university and I want to fire that on Washington Accord Pathway for Engineers Australia for the Skill Assessment, but I don't know if I can also claim point for my 5yrs experience working as a Mechanical Engineer in my current organization with my HND gotten here in Nigeria since 2010.

Anyone who has an idea should please advise as I don't want to waste any money for trying to claim point they won't give.

I know they can't deny me the 15 point for recognized education but the work experience is something am not sure of. I know another option is getting band 8 for the IETLS but If I can claim the years of experience then I would have to fire on with my band 7.

Please advise...anyoneeeeeee

Cheers!!!
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2016
A friend will be travelling to Perth via South Africa Airline. Will he need a transit visa but he will not be leaving the airport even if he will be on transit for 12 hours before connecting flight to Perth

Please Urgent answer on this
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:55pm On Jul 14, 2016
writejhn27:
A friend will be travelling to Perth via South Africa Airline. Will he need a transit visa but he will not be leaving the airport even if he will be on transit for 12 hours before connecting flight to Perth

Please Urgent answer on this

This question has already been answered on another thread. The answer is:

NO

I'm also travelling to Melbourne via Emirate airline and will have a layover in Dubai. You don't need a transit visa for as much as you won't be leaving the airport. However, to be on the safe side, contact your airline directly and clarify this with them. You may also wanna find out if they offer free hotel accommodation and meal for such long layover. Emirate offers this for layovers of 8hrs or longer for as much as there's no available flight option with a shorter layover.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

This question has already been answered on another thread. The answer is:

NO

I'm also travelling to Melbourne via Emirate airline and will have a layover in Dubai. You don't need a transit visa for as much as you won't be leaving the airport. However, to be on the safe side, contact your airline directly and clarify this with them. You may also wanna find out if they offer free hotel accommodation and meal for such long layover. Emirate offers this for layovers of 8hrs or longer for as much as there's no available flight option with a shorter layover.

Thanks so much, he would have used emirate but the fare difference is too much. Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by mctowel01: 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

Hey buddy, my IELTS result is out but didn't earn me the 20 points as summarised in my post below:

Has anyone applied for PTE in Nigeria recently? I've been trying it for 2days now but payment has been declined with 4 different cards. These cards are all being used for ATM withdrawals and online payments.

My IELTS result came out below my target of 8.0 across all bands: L 8.5 R 8.0 W 7.5 S 7.0
So, with the many feedback from test takers, I think I should switch sides, lol.

Anyone who has successfully registered for the PTE recently should please advise on how to overcome my challenge.
Cheers
Imagine, despite your good ielts score you ll still have to pay a full amount just for two modules if you want to improve on it. Good thing is, from experiences of others(online) i ve learnt pte is easier, besides, in my practice so far, i ve found it much more comfortable than ielts.
Sadly, i haven't yet completed registration and payment for pte, but i can help you with study materials if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 11:18pm On Jul 14, 2016
mctowel01:

Imagine, despite your good ielts score you ll still have to pay a full amount just for two modules if you want to improve on it. Good thing is, from experiences of others(online) i ve learnt pte is easier, besides, in my practice so far, i ve found it much more comfortable than ielts.
Sadly, i haven't yet completed registration and payment for pte, but i can help you with study materials if you are interested.

Thanks bro, you've said it all.
Surely, I'm interested, please send the practice materials. I sent you a pm and you're yet to respond.
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by mctowel01: 6:28am On Jul 15, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

Surely, I'm interested, please send the practice materials. I sent you a pm and you're yet to respond.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vrxfb23yh2jubz0/AACqQqja5SXpPfZkhvozNTyqa?dl=0

1 Like

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by mctowel01: 6:28am On Jul 15, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vrxfb23yh2jubz0/AACqQqja5SXpPfZkhvozNTyqa?dl=0

I ve replied your mail
Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by humanshado: 7:05am On Jul 15, 2016
Engineers Australia counts work experience AFTER GRADUATION only. Even if you are not claiming point for work experience, you still need to show them that you have at least 12 months work experience which your NYSC can cover. Since you have HND, you have the option of assessing your HND for Engineering Technologists and also claim the 5years work experience. One thing you should also remember is Mechanical Engineer occupation is highly competitive when it comes to invite for EOIs. You need at least 65 points to stand a chance. If I were you I'd do a what-if analysis of the options I have before going ahead.

Good luck!

OlalekanKad:
Hello Everyone,

I need some clarifications here and I would appreciate if someone can help shed more light on it.

I just got a BEng Honors degree from a UK university and I want to fire that on Washington Accord Pathway for Engineers Australia for the Skill Assessment, but I don't know if I can also claim point for my 5yrs experience working as a Mechanical Engineer in my current organization with my HND gotten here in Nigeria since 2010.

Anyone who has an idea should please advise as I don't want to waste any money for trying to claim point they won't give.

I know they can't deny me the 15 point for recognized education but the work experience is something am not sure of. I know another option is getting band 8 for the IETLS but If I can claim the years of experience then I would have to fire on with my band 7.

Please advise...anyoneeeeeee

Cheers!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are Nigerians In Australia . by OlalekanKad(m): 8:48am On Jul 15, 2016
Bro,

Thanks alot for the huge relief, now I get it... So are you suggesting I go through the CDR pathway and assess only my HND and forget about the BSC? or how does it really works?

Cheers!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (41) (Reply)

Nigerians At Ukraine / Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Turkey Visa Application Delay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.