Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,346 members, 7,829,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation (33179 Views)

Don Moen, Uma Ukpai, Umahi At Akwa Ibom December Prayer Meeting (Photos) / How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / Pastor Preaches To His Congregation From On Top Of His Hummer Jeep (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by mmsen: 12:36am On Feb 20, 2015
franciskaine:
Sir, haven't you heard of the word apolitical before? Even in civilised societies people are not forced to partake in political issues, it's the special reserve of those who derive joy or interest in it. Asking people to show the PVC as a prerequisite of receiving the body of Christ is anti-christianity and anti-christlike.

What is a 'civilized society'? Is it civilized to neglect your civic duties?

They are not being told who to vote for, or even to vote - simply to register and to prove registration by showing the PVC. Why is that so hard?

Why is asking people to engage in their civic duties 'anti-christlike'? Did the mythical Christ figure not speak out against injustice? Do the stories not report his displeasure at the money changers? His call for charity to take care one another?

Anyway - there are ministers in various parts of the world who guide people on how to act. Here is Martin Luther King Jr - http://www.pbs.org/pov/pov2008/election/wvote/king.html

P.S.
Telling people when to give money and how much to give is not 'apolitical' - every time you spend or give money to an entity you are making a statement of support or an admission of that entity's power over you.
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by MISHEAL33: 12:45am On Feb 20, 2015
that's why I like Jehovah's witnesses they don't have any thing to do with human Government the holy bible call human rulling the beast Rule, is only God can Rule human being and sove all their problems including death, war, terrorism and betrayal so let us stop nagging and hope on God…
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by AHOY147: 12:52am On Feb 20, 2015
Am disappointed at some Christian Brothers in this forum, you seems to watch people politizes everything about your religion. Shame on you. If it's an Imam make the call you won't say anything. However, must you open your gutter to comment on every topic in this forum. Mr I know it all, let me ask a simple question, what are the role of a religious head? You seems to know it all. Wake up.
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by liciousoge(f): 1:09am On Feb 20, 2015
Y can't it be d oda way round? No PVC no offering grin
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by preselect(m): 2:54am On Feb 20, 2015
this election has exposed nigerians for what we truly are. . . a bunch of confused homo sapiens grin
confused? sure. homo sapiens ?( human beings) debatable grin

and our pastors are the greatest exposures grin grin grin grin
God tells one pastor we need change. . . . a few weeks after telling the pastor that GEJ is great, then God tells another pastor that GMB/Boko alliance is dreadful grin grin grin grin

same god o, different stories cheesy . . .

ebelebe igba!!!!!!
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by dotna(m): 5:10am On Feb 20, 2015
He should trread very careful on this topic oh
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:44am On Feb 20, 2015
He was joking... Right?
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by wildikeman(m): 6:54am On Feb 20, 2015
Africans have been destroying the Christian faith since time memorial...they don't deserve it! What nonsense.
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by wildikeman(m): 6:56am On Feb 20, 2015
Bloody shiit faced pastor...Anti-christ!
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by wildikeman(m): 7:00am On Feb 20, 2015
Aprime:
Practise what you preach.

All I see is a Rev bigot who is manipulating his authority, in order to force his decision on others.

If he thinks voting determines ones future, it is his opinion even if right.

Educating people into voting is one thing but blackmailing or manipulating them into voting is wrong.

I'm honestly disappointed. -_-
what do you expect from protestant churches not built on the Rock (St.Peter)
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 20, 2015
FrancisTony:
That's a good measure - kudos Rev. Ukpai.

Meanwhile, people complain that Jonathan isn't doing well but one of the Universities he established is among Top20 in Nigeria; just in a space of 3years. Hmm

I'm not Jonathanian neither am I Buharian but truth must be told.

Inasmuch as Change is inevitable, Buhari is never the man to give to us that CHANGE.

How can we vote;

1) Well known "Religious and Ethnic Bigot". He's sugar-coating every body because election is around the corner. All HELL would be let loosed if he wins.

2) A man who can't pronounce words fluently when there are many vocal Nigerian Politicians. A disgrace to Nigeria as a nation; I'll be watching the clueless Hausa man giving speech on NEWS and they'll be translating his speech. What insolence!

3) A man who has ruled us before. How clueless could one be? Aren't we leaders of tomorrow.

4) A man who has not done anything tangible for Nigerians when he was out of office.

5) A man who hate Education so much. Education sector was dismal and utter disaster during his regime.

Wise up!! And vote for any candidate from other 9aspirants. Buhari isn't our saviour.

Vote Wisely! Many Countries wanted change and got the negative one.

A word is enough for the wise. embarassed
You are Jonathanian, from your post i know, nothing change anybody's mind again people has already made up their mind, your propaganda cannot cross anyone to PDP again but can only make APC supporters became united and stronger.
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by wildikeman(m): 7:10am On Feb 20, 2015
Movesz:
Nigeria is a JOKE...

Can't wait for this overrated ELECTION to come and go.......

Nothing we nor go see/hear because of election..

African china say" election for my country na padi padi wayo wayo" before election we know who go win buh this year something big is about to happen and I am tired of waiting and hearing bushsheet..

If GEJ win.....issues

If GMB win issues..

Abegi I'm on ma way to france I can't shout
put me in ur bag..pls
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 20, 2015
mystockyear:
wonderful grin 7billion bribe at work.

if pdp like make them share private jet.

Gen. buhari is the change we are looking forward to May 29.

vote wisely

sai buhari
Mtchew, APC supporters lacking understanding since 1914.
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by dachpee(m): 7:31am On Feb 20, 2015
What is wrong with APC supporters, everything annoys them, their is nothing wrong with this statement
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by piscesgem(m): 7:42am On Feb 20, 2015
FrancisTony:

Meanwhile, people complain that Jonathan isn't doing well but one of the Universities he established is among Top20 in Nigeria; just in a space of 3years. Hmm

Inasmuch as Change is inevitable, Buhari is never the man to give to us that CHANGE.

How can we vote;

1) Well known "Religious and Ethnic Bigot". He's sugar-coating every body because election is around the corner. All HELL would be let loosed if he wins.

2) A man who can't pronounce words fluently when there are many vocal Nigerian Politicians. A disgrace to Nigeria as a nation; I'll be watching the clueless Hausa man giving speech on NEWS and they'll be translating his speech. What insolence!

3) A man who has ruled us before. How clueless could one be? Aren't we leaders of tomorrow.

4) A man who has not done anything tangible for Nigerians when he was out of office.

5) A man who hate Education so much. Education sector was dismal and utter disaster during his regime.

Wise up!! And vote for any candidate from other 9aspirants. Buhari isn't our saviour.

actually its 2, fed uni dustin ma and oye ekiti...and 14 other fed unis...list of best 20 unis in nigeria used to have mixture of both state and fed, but now only 2 state uni in top 20, and the state govs especially the APC states will still come here and shout GEJ is not working
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 20, 2015
nnafather:
This is really silly if actually he said so. Who did Jesus Christ vote for when he was on earth? He didn't even accept "the king of the jew" title!

I'm highly disappointed with some so called "men of God".

Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 20, 2015
[quote author=nnafather post=30891475]This is really silly if actually he said so. Who did Jesus Christ vote for when he was on earth? He didn't even accept "the king of the jew" title!

Deuteronomy 1:13
Choose for your tribes wise, understanding, and
experienced men, and I will appoint them as your
heads. go & read or Bible
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 20, 2015
nnafather:
This is really silly if actually he said so. Who did Jesus Christ vote for when he was on earth? He didn't even accept "the king of the jew" title!

Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 20, 2015
Deuteronomy
heads. Mr man go & read your Bible
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 20, 2015
liciousoge:
Y can't it be d oda way round? No PVC no offering grin
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by vooks: 8:29am On Feb 20, 2015
that's an extremist
He should make it mandatory for everyone to do HIV test and he'd probably save more lives
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by nabdeck(m): 8:42am On Feb 20, 2015
[quote author=nnafather post=30891475]This is really silly if actually he said so. Who did Jesus Christ vote for when he was on earth? He didn't even accept "the king of the jew" title!

Guy was anything like democray during jesus era, think before you say or write anything
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 20, 2015
nnafather:

Deuteronomy 1:13
heads. Consult your Bible
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by synergycom19: 8:53am On Feb 20, 2015
It's very easy to Harrased and intimidate members to votes,but they will never tell the Winners of the elections to rule with the fear of GOD
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by wildikeman(m): 9:00am On Feb 20, 2015
kessluvall:
Disappointed.

Hinduism here I go.
may Hare Krishna be with u.
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by CharliParker: 9:10am On Feb 20, 2015
FrancisTony:

How can we vote;

GE should first live live legacy for the coming generation by stepping down for the next generations after six yrs
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 20, 2015
mmsen:

What is a 'civilized society'? Is it civilized to neglect your civic duties?

They are not being told who to vote for, or even to vote - simply to register and to prove registration by showing the PVC. Why is that so hard?

Why is asking people to engage in their civic duties 'anti-christlike'? Did the mythical Christ figure not speak out against injustice? Do the stories not report his displeasure at the money changers? His call for charity to take care one another?

Anyway - there are ministers in various parts of the world who guide people on how to act. Here is Martin Luther King Jr - http://www.pbs.org/pov/pov2008/election/wvote/king.html

P.S.
Telling people when to give money and how much to give is not 'apolitical' - every time you spend or give money to an entity you are making a statement of support or an admission of that entity's power over you.
Sir, voting is not a civic duty but a civic obligation. A deviant or any other person who feels disillusioned can steer clear from voting just to prove a point.
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by mmsen: 9:30am On Feb 20, 2015
franciskaine:
Sir, voting is not a civic duty but a civic obligation. A deviant or any other person who feels disillusioned can stay clear from voting just to prove a point.

They are not being told to vote - they are being told to register.

There is nothing wrong with them refusing to vote or spoiling their ballot paper as an act of defiance.

P.S.
No one can force you to participate in the democratic process but you should if you care about your community, especially on a local level - therefore it is in fact a duty and not an obligation, as you keep repeating.
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 20, 2015
mmsen:

They are not being told to vote - they are being told to register.

There is nothing wrong with them refusing to vote or spoiling their ballot paper as an act of defiance.

P.S.
No one can force you to participate in the democratic process but you should if you care about your community, especially on a local level - therefore it is in fact a duty and not an obligation, as you keep repeating.
a duty is dat you get punished if one defaults. There's a difference btw civic duty and civic responsibility/obligation. http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/civic-duty-definition-examples.html
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by mmsen: 10:05am On Feb 20, 2015
franciskaine:
a duty is dat you get punished if one defaults. There's a difference btw civic duty and civic responsibility/obligation. http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/civic-duty-definition-examples.html

The state is not threatening these people with imprisonment. So even by your definition it is something they ought to do as opposed to something the must do.

P.S.
English really is a messy language - the link that you gave places duty above obligation but my understanding has always been:
http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-obligation-and-vs-duty/

Maybe it's a North America vs northern Europe difference.
Re: No PVC, No Communion, Rev. Uma Ukpai Tells Congregation by amparas(m): 10:06am On Feb 20, 2015
4 like reals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft / Throwback And Recent Photos Of Sharon And Charlene Oyakhilome / 26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.