Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation (11038 Views)

Senator Misua Docked, Granted N5m Bail Over N120bn Bribery Allegation Against IG / Okorocha Obtains CCTV Footage Of Wike And Justice Okoro's Illegal Meeting / Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by odiks: 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
Minister of Transportation and former Rivers State Governor, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has said he will take steps to seek legal redress over bribery allegation against him by embattled Supreme Court Justice, Justice John Inyang Okoro.

This is as he said he had never met with Okoro to discuss any pending matter at the Supreme Court of Nigeria, saying the only time he met with the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Hon. Justice Mahmud Mohammed was during the commissioning of the Abuja-Kaduna railway project on July 26, 2016 at Idu in Abuja.

Amaechi, in a statement he personally signed, which was made available to LEADERSHIP in Port Harcourt, said he has already directed his lawyers to contact Okoro and take whatever legal steps as may be necessary to clear my name of this baseless allegation.

The statement reads in part, “My attention has been drawn to a letter purportedly written by Honourable Justice Inyang Okoro JSC, Justice of the Supreme Court, one of the Learned Justices recently arrested by the Department of State Services as part of its investigation into the allegations of massive corruption involving some officers of the Nigerian Judiciary.

“Given the level of mischief in the Social Media, I would ordinarily have ignored the letter because the allegations contained in the said letter are wild, baseless and unrelated to the issues in contention between the Honourable Justice of the Supreme Court and the Department of State Services, to that extent I had grave reservation if this letter could have emanated from His Lordship.

“However, for the avoidance of doubt, let me say clearly that I have never discussed any matter pending before the Supreme Court of Nigeria with my Lord, Honourable Justice Inyang Okoro JSC, in his house or anywhere else, Period. I make bold to also state that the first and only time I have ever spoken with the Chief Justice of Nigeria, the Honourable Justice Mahmud Mohammed GCON was at the Commissioning of the Abuja-Kaduna Railway Project on the 26th of July 2016 at Idu in Abuja.

“The letter by Honourable Justice Okoro is a poor attempt to politicize what is clearly a serious National tragedy and shame. I believe that the issues of corruption at the highest levels of our judiciary should be addressed objectively. It is to say the least demeaning and childish of a Justice of the Supreme Court to imply that the security operatives of our nation will arrest a Justice of our Supreme Court for no reason other than the instructions of a Minister.

“Those faced with serious allegations should treat the issue with the seriousness it deserves and stop trying to court public sympathy and trivialize what is clearly a national tragedy. I have directed my lawyers to contact my Lord Justice Okoro and take whatever legal steps as may be necessary to clear my name of this baseless allegation.

“Finally, let me advise His Lordship Justice Inyang Okoro to be objective in dealing with the issue at hand and not whip up unnecessary sentiments against innocent public officers. I remain focused on my assignment at the Federal Ministry of Transportation and I have no control over Department of State Services.”

http://leadership.ng/news/555189/amaechi-to-sue-justice-okoro-over-bribery-allegation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by kahal29: 5:14pm On Oct 19, 2016
O se ti go.. .. . This man called Justice Inyang Okoro is a pathological Liar. In his letter, he alleged that Amaechi tried to bribe him to influence the judgment of ABIA, Akwa Ibom and Rivers election cases.... While infact Abia State APC and it's candidate Dr Anyim Nyerere did not challenge the Electoral victory of Dr Okezie Ikpeazu at the supreme court.

In his words.....

“In that report, I told you My Lord, that Mr. Amaechi said that the President of Nigeria and the All Progressives Congress mandated him to inform me that they must win their election appeals in respect of Rivers State, Akwa Ibom State and ABIA STATE at all costs."

Please nairaland help me ask the Honourable Supreme Court Justice..... which of the appeals is he referring to in Abia state because it is on record that the APC candidate in Abia state Governorship election, Dr Ayim Nyerere did not appeal the tribunal judgment of Justice Bwala which struck out its petition at the Appeal court nor the Supreme Court. The APC candidate case/petition was struck out on the 15th of July 2015 for negligence and lack of diligence in prosecution on the part of the petitioners”.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/59941-abia-guber-tribunal-strikes-out-apc-candidate-s-petition

Thus, the only candidate known to Abians that challenged the election victory of Dr Okezie Ikpeazu at the Appeal court before the case ended at the supreme court was Dr Alex Otti the candidate of Apga.

How come the judge alleged that Amaechi tried to bribe him to sway the judgment in favour of the APC candidate in Abia when in fact the man in question did not go to the Supreme Court in the first place?

I smell lies..... .. ..

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by KVNGGO: 5:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
Sue the coward, you have never taken bribe before, you said yourself in the house

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by teebaxy(m): 7:32am On Oct 20, 2016
Sue Sue ole
Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by acunon: 7:32am On Oct 20, 2016
Story, we all know that amechi is very guilty of this charge. Talking crappy!!!!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by immaculatengang(f): 7:32am On Oct 20, 2016
Must you announce it? Just sue him sad

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by emalek86(m): 7:32am On Oct 20, 2016
amaechi d prodigal son of Niger delta, your cup go soon full

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by recievesense: 7:33am On Oct 20, 2016
Ok na ur fellow lawyer let's watch
Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by divide9ja: 7:33am On Oct 20, 2016
That man Amaechi is a disgrace to us in the Niger Delta.

he sponsored Buhari's election and yet he was rewarded with a junior role in his cabinet.

Imagine, TRansport Minister.

While Fashola has about 3 or 4 good portfolios, Amaechi is given Transport.

That man is as bad as Dullard1no upstairs.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by yeyeboi(m): 7:34am On Oct 20, 2016
There is no honor among thieves angry

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by Caliph69: 7:34am On Oct 20, 2016
Imagine. Sue the damn judge. You have the right.

Just thinking...what if it was a PDP chieftain that the judge accused of trying to bribe him to influence the outcome of the election petition of any of the mentioned states. I guess hell would have been let loose.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:34am On Oct 20, 2016
Dear Amaechi, though I'm not taking side, I plead with you to go to court instead of telling us plans to go to court.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by saint047(m): 7:36am On Oct 20, 2016
[The Constitution] is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizens’ protection against the government. - Ayn Rand
Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by martineinstein(m): 7:36am On Oct 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
wetin u type mr troller
Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 7:36am On Oct 20, 2016
looters everywhere .
Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by moyinoluwabun(m): 7:37am On Oct 20, 2016
Amaechi waan try safe his face. Hope d justice won't release tape d way Otedolaa released tape that nailed Hon. Farouk Lawan.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by Rexnegro(m): 7:37am On Oct 20, 2016
na wa o this is getting more interesting na wa o this is getting more interesting na wa o this is getting more interesting
Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by babs01(m): 7:37am On Oct 20, 2016
Transport minister
Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by Judolisco(m): 7:38am On Oct 20, 2016
Sue him now....all I knw is DAT ameachi is no clean man

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 20, 2016
I don't want to believe Justice Okoro, a judge of the Supreme Court, will be making spurious and unsubstantiated allegations.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by kcmichael: 7:42am On Oct 20, 2016
divide9ja:

he sponsored Buhari's election and yet he was rewarded with a junior role in his cabinet.

See this anu npam,have u ever taken a position in ur life before,pls wise up

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by kings09(m): 7:43am On Oct 20, 2016
Ok
Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by Badgers14: 7:45am On Oct 20, 2016
Sue that Okoro guy for libel and slander and claim $50bn in damages angry grin grin

Just pass me few hundreds of thousand from the settlement let me finish my building in the village and buy data for my phone grin grin
Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by dotcomnamename: 7:46am On Oct 20, 2016
divide9ja:

How old are you please? SMDH

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by infohenry(m): 7:46am On Oct 20, 2016
My lord an attempt was made to bribe you by a minister of FRN and you did not report it to the authorities and no formal complain to JCN even if for nothing but for record purpose. My lord I put it to you that you are used to receiving offers but this one from Amechi did not measure up so you go for the best offer. QED

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by 24SEVEN: 7:46am On Oct 20, 2016
Amaechi has done the right thing in suing Justice Inyang Okoro. Ameachi is expected to win the case. I see Inyang Okoro settling out of court and issuing an apology in public.

Amaechi doesn not need to bribe anyone to win judgement, as a member of cabinet and close associate of President Buhari, all he needs to do is to place a phone call and demand a certain judgement. Any judge that accedes to his demands know that Amaechi now owes him one favour.

The people who are more likely to bribe are the opposition party who wouldn't mind the cost of a victory. The do not control the centre, so they need the states at any cost. Inyang Okoro is a fool to believe we will buy his nonsense.
Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by phemmie06(m): 7:47am On Oct 20, 2016
How I wish this judge will have a substantial and genuine evidence to prove his allegations valid against Ameachi

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 20, 2016
divide9ja:

Fashola was given 3 ministries and he's finding it difficult how much more one ministry.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by tiwasiaife(m): 7:50am On Oct 20, 2016
recievesense:
Ok na ur fellow lawyer let's watch
Who and who are lawyers
Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by AngryNigerian(m): 7:50am On Oct 20, 2016
Gra-gra group of companies
Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by firo08(m): 7:51am On Oct 20, 2016
kahal29:
O se ti go.. .. . This man called Justice Inyang Okoro is a pathological Liar. In his letter, he alleged that Amaechi tried to bribe him to influence the judgment of ABIA, Akwa Ibom and Rivers election cases.... While infact Abia State APC and it's candidate Dr Anyim Nyerere did not challenge the Electoral victory of Dr Okezie Ikpeazu at the supreme court.

In his words.....

“In that report, I told you My Lord, that Mr. Amaechi said that the President of Nigeria and the All Progressives Congress mandated him to inform me that they must win their election appeals in respect of Rivers State, Akwa Ibom State and ABIA STATE at all costs."

Please nairaland help me ask the Honourable Supreme Court Justice..... which of the appeals is he referring to in Abia state because it is on record that the APC candidate in Abia state Governorship election, Dr Ayim Nyerere did not appeal the tribunal judgment of Justice Bwala which struck out its petition at the Appeal court nor the Supreme Court. The APC candidate case/petition was struck out on the 15th of July 2015 for negligence and lack of diligence in prosecution on the part of the petitioners”.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/59941-abia-guber-tribunal-strikes-out-apc-candidate-s-petition

Thus, the only candidate known to Abians that challenged the election victory of Dr Okezie Ikpeazu at the Appeal court before the case ended at the supreme court was Dr Alex Otti the candidate of Apga.

How come the judge alleged that Amaechi tried to bribe him to sway the judgment in favour of the APC candidate in Abia when in fact the man in question did not go to the Supreme Court in the first place?

I smell lies..... .. ..
you are the pathological liar..... if Abia was not APC state did you know the underground agreement that was going?. Just mute and observe instead of vomiting trash....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation by Omeokachie: 7:56am On Oct 20, 2016
Whose report will you believe?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Turbaned Kakakin Kebbi / Malami Secretly Awards Multi-Billion Naira Assets Recovery Contract To Firm / Osun Election: PDP Sets Up 128-Member Campaign Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.