Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,380 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT (32945 Views)

Olorunsogo Power Plant Commisioned By Jonathan Is Not Working - Bukola Saraki / President Jonathan Commissions 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant (photos) / TRUTH ABOUT Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant By Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by tsdarkside(m): 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
very good... grin grin
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Adminisher: 1:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
hamjaf:
Many people just say things out of context; if you dont knowing anything about our power industry check out their website to be filled with information.
Check out this document on our power industry
http://www.power.gov.ng/Town%20Hall%20Meeting/Power%20Sector%20Town%20%20Hall%20Meeting.pdf
GEJ is trying the best I think in his capacity and we should stop castigating him.

Thisis what we have told you to STOP doing. Stop using Jonathan's government document to prove to me Jonathan is working. Is independent research and independent judgement impossible for you?. What is the value of education when you cannot reason on your own?
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Nicklaus(m): 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
GodMode:

The power plants were completely built in 2007 and 2012.

Why power plants were not commissioned:

http://businessdayonline.com/2013/07/why-omotosho-geregu-power-plants-remain-uncommissioned/
Seriously And what happened to giving me a straight answer. I don't have time for that.
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by cuteboy2: 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
LordCenturion:

Guy wake up,olorunshogo power plant is OJB project ,I worked there in 2005

Yes! OJB (sic) project indeed.
Since you worked there, perhaps we should call it Lord Centurion Project

If we should follow your logic, non of the projects in Lagos should be called Fashola project. We should call them Jakande's projects, since Alhaji Lateef Jakande conceived all of them, including the Lagos Metroline project that General Buhari cancelled.

7 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Forwetinnah: 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
I'm still doubt if you were a girl ..........

unbelievable u can't even oneday appreciate something good in your life. ....

In case i forget just get yourself ready for transformation. ...

Don't waste your breath on that nitwit. She calls GEJ "useless", it takes one useless person go know another. Her case is worse.
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by major466(m): 1:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
ZACHIE:
Olorunsogo is OBJ,s project
Under PDP Government.
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by gurunlocker: 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
charlos14:

He is not a "Nigga"!
Mods, how come he could say Nigga and I cant say fv.c,k.... I need some answers!

Do u even know the meaning of nigga? you thing its used for thugs? nigga is used for black person, gerrit?

anyway thats my president GEJ
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by cuteboy2: 1:56pm On Feb 20, 2015
AiyekotoIII:
I remember Obasanjo commissioned this same power plant before he left office!
To date, not a single kilowatt has been generated.
Can the PDP confirm that gas now flows into the plant?
Last time I checked there was no gas!

Yes, GEJ built pipelines to supply gas from Itoki Gas Booster station, off Escravos-Lagos Pipeline (ELPS). Gas is supplied to both Phase-1 and Phase-2 plants. At commissioning today if you had watched the AIT event, the gas turbines could clearly be heard running with steam billowing from all the cooling towers.

The MD of NPHC also made this point, that unlike phase-1 that OBJ commissioned even though it was not running, Phase-2 ran from day-1.

3 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
NO BE OBASANJO BUILD AND COMMISSION THIS THING, ALONG WITH PAPALANTO POWER PLANT?

WEY DEM TALK SAY NO GAS DEY TO RUN THEM?

I No join for the people wen una fit deceive . if na u build the gas pipeline, na that one make una talk.

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Chars1289: 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
but I must tell you that you shouldn't fight and threat show your ideologies......it's only meant for tout ....... or maybe this how you people wanted to govern us in Nigeria. ....

to be a leader never easy .............

when a motor park tout talk you don't need anyone to tell you. .....

SHUT UPPPPPP
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Adminisher: 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
cuteboy2:

Yes! OJB (sic) project indeed.
Since you worked there, perhaps we should call it Lord Centurion Project

If we should follow your logic, non of the projects in Lagos should be called Fashola project. We should call them Jakande's projects, since Alhaji Lateef Jakande conceived all of them, including the Lagos Metroline project that General Buhari cancelled.

Dont commission a plant that has been on for more than three years Dont tell cheap.lies to half educated nigerian university graduates who dont think properly and are expecting a new 750MW flowing into the national grid when this is not going to happen
The PDP NIPP is a fiasco and that is one reason Nigerians are voting overwhelmingly for Buhari. As we speak security of gas supply is not even assured for the plants and there will be plenty of shutdowns as a result leading to damaged turbines and other equipment l.

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by major466(m): 2:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
nairalandbuzz:
Have you guys seized to ask yourselves why all these is coming at the brim of elections?
tukane:
One miscreant will soon come and ask why he is doing it now when election is close, as if the power plants were built overnight.
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Forwetinnah: 2:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
Lerumo:
We are starting to see real reasons elections were postponed. Our president trying to recover lost grounds.

You don't have to advertise your achievements for people to know you are working.

And the Sambisa raid that has killed and destabilised the insurgents in the past 1 week is just a front. ..like really?? Do you people think at all?? Seriously??
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Yehman(m): 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
Obasanjo/Atiku had 8 years but couldnt fix power!!! Fashola and Tinubu had 16years in lagos they couldnt fix all the roads in lagos and couldnt give lagosians portable water to mention few. GEJ has spent 5years + as President of over 170m people and they want him to overnight turn Nigeria into a paradise. They call him names, Clueless, Foolish, some even said he is stupid e.t.c. But... (1) He built 150 almajiri schools. Yet Goodluck is bad. (2) He revived railway that was comatose for over 28yrs. Lagos- Kano route,Lagos-Sou thern Ogun air condition train route,Ajaokuta- Warri standard gauge route, PH-Enugu airconditioned train route, PH Maiduguri train route, Kaduna intra- city train routes,Makurdi- PH airconditioned train route, Abuja- Kaduna standard guage route. Work on Lagos-Ibadan standard guage route ongoing. And about to kickstart Lagos-Calabar coastal railway route. Yet Goodluck is bad. (3) He established 12 federal universities.Ye t Goodluck is bad. Massive road reconstruction across the country(25000km ). Benin- Ore road, Abuja-Lokoja expressway, Enugu- Abakaliki , Onitsha- Owerri road, Kaduna-Maidugur i road, East- West road, Parts of PH- Enugu road &Lagos-Ibadan 8-lane road ongoing. Yet Goodluck is bad. (4 ) Construction of 2nd Niger Bridge is ongoing..Yet Goodluck is bad. ( 5) He dredged River Niger..Yet Goodluck is bad. (6) Improved power supply from 2500mw to 6000mw and implanted 10 new power plants..Yet Goodluck is bad. ( 7) He revived the automobile industry with the new automobile policy spurring Nissan&Hyundai e.t.c to assemble/ produce cars in Nigeria and the emergence of Indigenous automobile company the INNOSON group now producing locally made in Nigeria cars, SUVs and trucks known as the IVM motors First in the history of Nigeria, She joined the commodity of car manufacturing countries..Yet Goodluck is bad. (cool He remodeled airports to international standard,built five new airport terminals in PH, Lagos,Kano, Abuja & Enugu. First in the history of Nigeria, the East now have an international airport..Yet Goodluck is bad. (9 ) He signed freedom of information(FOI ) bill past leaders refused to sign..Yet Jonathan is bad. (10) He revamped the agricultural sector. Nigeria now the largest producer of cassava in the world with 45million metric tonnes- FAO, the largest exporter of cassava chips to China and have unprecedented 60% sufficient in rice production.Yet Goodluck is bad. (11) He gave women 35% affirmative to women participation in governance which saw the emergence of Muktar as the first ever female Chief Justice of Nigeria.. Yet Goodluck is bad. (12) He was able to contain the outbreak of Ebola disease.. Yet Goodluck is bad. (13) No more long queues at filling stations..Yet Goodluck is bad. (14) Nigeria manufacture her first ever locally made drone.. Yet Goodluck is bad (15) He signed local content act. Nigeria now have 400 tankers transporting crude oil.Previously it was 60 tankers. Yet Goodluck is bad. (16) His government recorded an unprecedented achievement in sports, best sporting performance in the history of country..Yet Goodluck is bad. (17) Nigeria is now the largest economy in Africa and the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world after China and Qatar-- CNN..Yet Goodluck is bad. (18) He made it possible for Nigeria to conduct the most free, fair & credible election in the history of the country (2011 election). Yet Goodluck is bad. (19) He does not interfere with the electoral and judiciary system.Election s in Imo, Anambra,Osun, Ondo and Edo are examples. In the history of Nigeria, is only in his government the opposition controlled large number of states and controlled greater number of seats in the National Assembly..Yet Goodluck is bad. (20) Under his government,poli tical assassination and assassination of high profile Nigerians is now a thing of the past. Who killed Dele Giwa, Bola Ige, FunshoWilliams, Marshall Harry, Aminisoari Dikibo,Alfred Rewane, Ken Saro Wiwa, Kudirat Abiola,NBA chairman Barnabas Igwe and his wife Abigail Igwe? In whose governments were all these murdered? I can go on and give you about 100 high profile political assassination in Obasanjo's civilian rule alone..Yet President Goodluck Jonathan is bad and so unacceptable to you. (21) GEJ approved 2,564 vehicles for police for free and fair elections and some bad eggs still complain that he is not working. I HAVE A DREAM THAT ONE DAY NIGERIANS WILL BE JUDGED NOT BY THE DIALECT THEY SPEAK BUT BY THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER. I hereby challenge anybody to bring forward the achievements of Buhari, Babangida, Abacha and Obasanjo. GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND PUNISH THE ENEMIES OF NIGERIA. VOTE GOODLUCK, VOTE PDP ,VOTE GOOD FUTURE OF YOURSELF, MYSELF AND OURSELVES

2 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Dikechigozie: 2:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
All progressive

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by michaeeze: 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
i keep wndering where the "clueless" tag on GEJ emanted from

only those who dont have any clue will come in clueless

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by PhockPhockMan: 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
AiyekotoIII:
I remember Obasanjo commissioned this same power plant before he left office!
To date, not a single kilowatt has been generated.
Can the PDP confirm that gas now flows into the plant?
Last time I checked there was no gas!
Link to your claim please.
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by major466(m): 2:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
Locapito:
Thrash. 750MW in 5yrs. South africa is generating 56,000MW, Tunisia 34,000MW, zimbabwé 17,000MW, Eygpt 38,000MW. Nigeria plus 5 wasted years of corrupt gej, 3,550MW. And some dunce re clapping hands.
A journey of 1000 miles begins with one step. Do you bother to find out how much those countries you listed invested in power in the past 35 years?
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by PhockPhockMan: 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
nairalandbuzz:
Have you guys seized to ask yourselves why all these is coming at the brim of elections?
You get sense at all?
Did the construction of the power plant started today?
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Locapito(m): 2:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
ceejayluv:

South Africa's Eskom has been building power plants since the 1920's... Try harder.
what of "if i cannot handle power problem in 4yrs, don't waste ur vote on me because am useless" by gej
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by cuteboy2: 2:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
GodMode:

The power plants were completely built in 2007 and 2012.

Why power plants were not commissioned:

http://businessdayonline.com/2013/07/why-omotosho-geregu-power-plants-remain-uncommissioned/

Even the title of the 2013 Business Day article you posted states clearly : "omotosho-geregu-power-plants-remain-uncommissioned"

The reason they were not commissioned was because there were no gas pipelines to the plants. OBJ hurriedly organised bogus commissioning ceremonies when the hue and cry to show evidence of the $16b expended on them became too much.

GEJ has since built gas pipelines to supply Geregu and Omotosho, and both plants have since been commissioned by GEJ.
These are the kinds of actions I expect from a leader - clean up the mess you meet, and build on the works others started.

3 Likes

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Adminisher: 2:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
Abachas PTF did more than what you have enumerated below with one tenth of the revenue under his ex boss Buhari. Please do your research. When Abachas was doing it Nigeria was under sanctions. No loans no private partnership as well. Jona has already buried Nigeria in loans and devalued our currency whilst stealing trillions into few pockets.

Yehman:
Obasanjo/Atiku had 8 years but couldnt fix power!!! Fashola and Tinubu had 16years in lagos they couldnt fix all the roads in lagos and couldnt give lagosians portable water to mention few. GEJ has spent 5years + as President of over 170m people and they want him to overnight turn Nigeria into a paradise. They call him names, Clueless, Foolish, some even said he is stupid e.t.c. But... (1) He built 150 almajiri schools. Yet Goodluck is bad. (2) He revived railway that was comatose for over 28yrs. Lagos- Kano route,Lagos-Sou thern Ogun air condition train route,Ajaokuta- Warri standard gauge route, PH-Enugu airconditioned train route, PH Maiduguri train route, Kaduna intra- city train routes,Makurdi- PH airconditioned train route, Abuja- Kaduna standard guage route. Work on Lagos-Ibadan standard guage route ongoing. And about to kickstart Lagos-Calabar coastal railway route. Yet Goodluck is bad. (3) He established 12 federal universities.Ye t Goodluck is bad. Massive road reconstruction across the country(25000km ). Benin- Ore road, Abuja-Lokoja expressway, Enugu- Abakaliki , Onitsha- Owerri road, Kaduna-Maidugur i road, East- West road, Parts of PH- Enugu road &Lagos-Ibadan 8-lane road ongoing. Yet Goodluck is bad. (4 ) Construction of 2nd Niger Bridge is ongoing..Yet Goodluck is bad. ( 5) He dredged River Niger..Yet Goodluck is bad. (6) Improved power supply from 2500mw to 6000mw and implanted 10 new power plants..Yet Goodluck is bad. ( 7) He revived the automobile industry with the new automobile policy spurring Nissan&Hyundai e.t.c to assemble/ produce cars in Nigeria and the emergence of Indigenous automobile company the INNOSON group now producing locally made in Nigeria cars, SUVs and trucks known as the IVM motors First in the history of Nigeria, She joined the commodity of car manufacturing countries..Yet Goodluck is bad. (cool He remodeled airports to international standard,built five new airport terminals in PH, Lagos,Kano, Abuja & Enugu. First in the history of Nigeria, the East now have an international airport..Yet Goodluck is bad. (9 ) He signed freedom of information(FOI ) bill past leaders refused to sign..Yet Jonathan is bad. (10) He revamped the agricultural sector. Nigeria now the largest producer of cassava in the world with 45million metric tonnes- FAO, the largest exporter of cassava chips to China and have unprecedented 60% sufficient in rice production.Yet Goodluck is bad. (11) He gave women 35% affirmative to women participation in governance which saw the emergence of Muktar as the first ever female Chief Justice of Nigeria.. Yet Goodluck is bad. (12) He was able to contain the outbreak of Ebola disease.. Yet Goodluck is bad. (13) No more long queues at filling stations..Yet Goodluck is bad. (14) Nigeria manufacture her first ever locally made drone.. Yet Goodluck is bad (15) He signed local content act. Nigeria now have 400 tankers transporting crude oil.Previously it was 60 tankers. Yet Goodluck is bad. (16) His government recorded an unprecedented achievement in sports, best sporting performance in the history of country..Yet Goodluck is bad. (17) Nigeria is now the largest economy in Africa and the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world after China and Qatar-- CNN..Yet Goodluck is bad. (18) He made it possible for Nigeria to conduct the most free, fair & credible election in the history of the country (2011 election). Yet Goodluck is bad. (19) He does not interfere with the electoral and judiciary system.Election s in Imo, Anambra,Osun, Ondo and Edo are examples. In the history of Nigeria, is only in his government the opposition controlled large number of states and controlled greater number of seats in the National Assembly..Yet Goodluck is bad. (20) Under his government,poli tical assassination and assassination of high profile Nigerians is now a thing of the past. Who killed Dele Giwa, Bola Ige, FunshoWilliams, Marshall Harry, Aminisoari Dikibo,Alfred Rewane, Ken Saro Wiwa, Kudirat Abiola,NBA chairman Barnabas Igwe and his wife Abigail Igwe? In whose governments were all these murdered? I can go on and give you about 100 high profile political assassination in Obasanjo's civilian rule alone..Yet President Goodluck Jonathan is bad and so unacceptable to you. (21) GEJ approved 2,564 vehicles for police for free and fair elections and some bad eggs still complain that he is not working. I HAVE A DREAM THAT ONE DAY NIGERIANS WILL BE JUDGED NOT BY THE DIALECT THEY SPEAK BUT BY THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER. I hereby challenge anybody to bring forward the achievements of Buhari, Babangida, Abacha and Obasanjo. GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND PUNISH THE ENEMIES OF NIGERIA. VOTE GOODLUCK, VOTE PDP ,VOTE GOOD FUTURE OF YOURSELF, MYSELF AND OURSELVES
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by OKKO(m): 2:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
Thank Mr. President
Congrats Mr. President
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by jpphilips(m): 2:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
muyiwah666:
GOD bless you, Obj commissioned this project and I was there live as part of the team that did the EIA, and it has remained like this in the last five years with no gas supply, I visited the place about about 2 months ago and I was told some of the turbines are getting damaged for lack of use and maintainable....this Govt. Is fake and it is sad!

Please don't mind the dumb goats that don't know the basic cardinal points of Nigeria yet will not hide when national issues are discoursed.
The event you witnessed was in 2007, but I think there was supposed to be a second phase because there were about 8 turbines inside it.

What GEJ did was to do a small gas pipping job to bring the plant up to speed, GEJ has not commissioned any power plant in Nigeria from scratch for his 5yr reign, our best chance of getting steady electricity is Obasanjo's NIPP project of $16b.

The same goats that said Obj misappropriated the NIPP, are the same ones clapping for Jonathan for kick starting a product of the NIPP, most Nairalanders are the most stvpid Nigerians ever lived.
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Locapito(m): 2:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
ManUtdholic:

NA Only 1 plant generate these MW for these countries?
Abi na Only this GEJ build?

U are d real dunce
what of "if i cannot handle power problem in 4yrs, dont bother to waste ur votes on me, because am useless" by gej. Now, who's the real dunce? You ofcourse.
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by Lerumo: 2:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
Forwetinnah:

And the Sambisa raid that has killed and destabilised the insurgents in the past 1 week is just a front. ..like really?? Do you people think at all?? Seriously??

What is your understanding of the word "Think"?

Talking about the word, think. Let me ask you a few questions. And you should be sincere in answering without any bias, if you know the answer.

1. The war on insurgents has been on for years, can you tell me what the FG has been doing with the defence budget all these years?
2. With all the money budgeted for defence, why were soldiers complaining of lack of equipment.
3. If you say question 2 is propaganda, why was Nigeria losing territory?
4. Why had our soldiers, been unable to go into sambisa before now?
5. Why did it take the FG 2weeks to accept that 276 girls were kidnapped from a school in chibok?
6. Why all of a sudden that election is around the corner, Nigeria seems to be "winning the war" insurgents?

We ask these questions, because we can think.

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by ewosk: 2:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
Dragonking:
GEJ till forever!!!!!!!! grin grin

But i dont like that ugly demon called uduaghan that is sitting beside GEJ. That man is just wicked and a criminal..Nothing he did in delta state after 8years.
ok
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by openmine(m): 2:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
ZACHIE:
Olorunsogo is OBJ,s project
whose name will be written on the marble plaque during the commissioning of the power plant..Goodluck jonathan or Obasanjo....and wat stopped obasanjo from completing the project during his 8 year reign as president?

1 Like

Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by kunzzy4me(m): 2:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
Why now...jona has been in power for 6yrs and he did notin ..now he's speedly commisioning all sort of project just few wks to election..i bet u..those project are not real..dey would stop workin after election
Re: Commissioning Of 750MW Olorunsogo Power Plant: Showing Live On AIT by emeka2847: 2:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
Irony

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

War On Niger Republic Will Be War On Northern Nigeria - Usman Yusuf / Garba Shehu Poses With Granddaughter, Jiddah, To Celebrate His 61st Birthday / 2023: Buhari Has A Preferred Presidential Candidate – Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.