Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,960 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff (37262 Views)

FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff / Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by onyenro(m): 4:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
500 is equals to 500 families. Instead of job creation, we are having job destruction. I said it in November. It would get worse if we don't get the elections right. check my timeline.

finally, a revolution will take place. meanwhile, vote gej.
It's a global financial meltdown
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by sucess001(m): 4:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
jeeeez shocked :-O .jump on u ke? I'd rather fly into sambisa....i no wan catch ebola o shocked grin grin

sup with you...
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Adesiji77: 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
The 'banker' is now an endangered species.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by 100Cents: 4:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
okay thank u,u too sorry smiley

Oh baby kiss
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Bootybuttchic(f): 4:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
sucess001:

sup with you...
nuttin much o,how are u doin
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by amobyk29: 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
I pity ppl wey de rush to work for bank. se una nor de c say banks don de use machines de collect money ni?, d same machine go give u money. that mean say very soon all those front teller and teller captain go join sack oo. Naija make una wise up na go open shop or start one biz or d other stop all this job job job!!! Make una wake infact if u don finish service for a long time and u still de look for work; aunty nor let me swear for u oooo go open shop..

2 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by jaylister(m): 4:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
mikoy1:
nawao, naija don finish patapata, and we hav government for this country.
everytin una wan blame govt.
Here in China we create jobs 4 ourselves, and Nigerians sufer 4 our workx
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by sucess001(m): 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
nuttin much o,how are u doin

am aii...cant seem to be able to send u a dm...mind adding me on my bbm...?
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Bootybuttchic(f): 5:16pm On Feb 20, 2015
Wud pm u
sucess001:

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Bootybuttchic(f): 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
Wud pm u in few minutes
sucess001:

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by MrCork: 5:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
jeeeez shocked :-O .jump on u ke? I'd rather fly into sambisa....i no wan catch ebola o shocked grin grin

angry
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
bt they also promoted some staff.

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Lightening: 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
acidtalk:
Go through my recent threads and post. I have said this will happen a while back.

However, THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. More than 4,000 Bank workers will be sacked especially in THREE main banks between now and April.

The sacking Tsunami will cut across the Oil and Gas, Banking, Insurance, Mutual Fund, Stock Broking, Healthcare, and Civil Servants.

When acidtalk speaks, you all should listen.

You have a witness here. The reality is now striking like lightening.

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by sucess001(m): 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
Wud pm u in few minutes

Alright...
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by moststylish(m): 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Sack is a good reminder to youth in the labour market that its not the duty of your employer to make you rich. Find your path through the maze, it's a cold world.
but people are getting rich thru gainfull employment
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by jaymoni(m): 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
We have not gotten any job and they still want to add another to us. Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Ralphlauren(m): 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
acidtalk:

No! They were sacked to cut cost. You employ contract staff who you will pay far less and will do more job.

Why pay someone N150,000 to do a job and the person will be frowning and thinking he is doing his employers a favor when you can employ 3 people and pay them N50,000 each and they will work extremely hard.

OUTSOURCING IS THE WAY OUT ALL OVER THE WORLD.

It's only in nigeria that contract staff are paid less. Please go and find out how much they are paid in sane countries.

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by murvy37(m): 6:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
This is really sad news
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
I blame PDP for dis grin
excuse me, why you come dey laugh like sey no be true you talk.
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Revolva(m): 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
Haha fidelity we keep our promises....dem don fall people hand
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by absoluteSuccess: 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
moststylish:
but people are getting rich thru gainfull employment
That's true, the flip side of working to succeed using any vehicle of your choice and finding success in the process at last. But the flop side of it is, if you ever venture out of that comfort zone, you will be welcomed into your 'bad luck'. Everyone have that bad luck, the earlier you start to exhaust it, the closer you get to your goodluck. Those that lose their jobs are exhausting their bad luck, another job will come as goodluck, but they have learnt some priceless lessons inbetween.
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Mannylex(m): 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
"We are Fidelity, We Keep Our Words" *Yimu* I see.

Have no fear; Mannylex is here
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by smasher1(m): 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2015
fyneboi79:
And another committee to ovo
ersee ur committee grin

We would set up a ad hoc committee to harmonise the reports of the two committees and present it for ratification.

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by funmidauda(f): 8:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
Sacked! That the problems most pple working in the banks are casual workers no job security enh naaa waa. Casualization na God go help us for dis nigeria ooo

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by eledacedar(f): 9:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
lionshare:
What I don't seem to understand is that why sack people and then go out to employ another set....is it that the workers were sacked because they are not capable? Or what?

It's simple mathematics. Sack 10 people who earn 200k each, use the 2 million to employ 500 people for 40k each

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Neplusultra(f): 10:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
Is dis supposed to be d 6th seal?? shocked ETT
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Neplusultra(f): 10:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
MrCork:

..Errmm .sweeery may ..I remind u that u nomba 16 on ma list so pls pls pls....act like lady and wait yor turn,gademmit! (no oofense) angry
grin
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by predentstats: 11:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
booqee:
hmm na wa o. i think its true tho..I heard something similar. seem they want to change their workforce so they will most likely need new hands soon.

i know its bad news for some pple and I really do feel sorry for them but at the same time it may be beneficial to some others. I heard from a source that they would soon start massive recruitment..infact they're receiving CV's now. cos I went to drop my CV at their head office in V.I..but don't know if they've stopped collecting.

but we should always av it at the back of our mind that bank job is never permanent so you're not caught unawares. entrepreneurship is still the best..still working on mine tho..God help me

Good from from u. If there is anyway I can encourage you please do let me know.
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by MZdamola(f): 11:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
MrCork:

..sweeery r u light skin? angry
Sigh
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by dangotealiko: 12:41am On Feb 21, 2015
THE MANAGEMENT OF OF DANGOTE FACTORY WISH TO INFORM THE
GENERAL PUBLIC ON THE SALES OF VARIOUS PRODUCTS LISTED
BELOW..

CONTACT SALES MANAGER MR KEBIRU SANI ON 09051434591

DANGOTE CEMENT=1,000 PER BAG..

DANGOTE NOODLES=620 PER CARTON..

DANGOTE SALT=1,920 PER BAG..

DANGOTE TOMATO PASTE=720..

DANGOTE SPAGHETTI=650 PER CARTON..

OUR TRUCK ARE READY TO DELIVER TO ANY PART OF THE
COUNTRY BASED ON CUSTOMERS ORDER..

CONTACT MANAGEMENT TO PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW BECAUSE
TIME IS A MAJOR FACTOR IN THE ON GOING PROMO..

CONTACT SALES MANAGER MR KEBIRU SANI ON 09051434591

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NIIT: Are They Worth It? / You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? / CEO Blasts Security Guard For Sleeping On Duty (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.