Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff (37204 Views)

FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff / Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
SHAIBULIAR:
Its true I just received my letter so I came here to cool off before going home to cry
eeyah may God bless you with a better offer in Jesus name..amen
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
SHAIBULIAR:
Its true I just received my letter so I came here to cool off before going home to cry
eeyah may God bless you with a better opportunity in Jesus name..amen
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
They were all joining OBI to support GEJ, see yourselves now, u better make U-turn and vote GMB for CHANGE.
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by MrCork: 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
ebube89:
i just heard that fidelity bank are on a sacking spree now. The first set of about 300 staffs were sacked in December while about were sacked last week. i will like those who hav experienced dis to give their first hand experience . I WILL LOVE DIS TO BE IN THE FRONT PAGE SO PEOPLE EXPRESS DIA MINDS.

..sweeery I ain't gotz all day and ma bus is comin...u light skin or not? ..gademmit! angry
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
MrCork:

..anyways bak to the topic..sweery u light skin? angry
get the fcck outta this thread swine! b4 I break that ur coconut head!! angry we're here discussing serious matter you're discussing light skin.. abi u miss road from romance section?? angry

Mtchewwwww

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by ceejay80s(m): 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
AmakaDNB:
Useless bank
UBA usless bank of Africa
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
I blame PDP for dis grin
offcourse yes who else is 2 blame dan dat clueless creep,,,,,less profit, workforce cuts out
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by ceejay80s(m): 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2015
AmakaDNB:
Useless bank
UBA useless bank of Africa
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
phayvoursky:
YOU JUST HEARD......

NO SAUCE, NO SALT, NO OIL AND PEPPER.

AND THE MOD JUST MOVE AM COME FRONTPAGE

WAYO DEY SMELL

u na dey c abi,ur mama don loose her job n u dy here dey find sauce wey dem go use anounce am
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by dustydee: 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
Our labour laws need to be strengthened so that companies that want to embark on massive sack must go through a process which will last a minimum of 3 months and also prescribe a minimum level of compensation based on the number of years served. These are the things the NLC and the National Assembly should be looking at.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by MrCork: 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
booqee:
get the fcck outta this thread swine! b4 I break that ur coconut head!! angry we're here discussing serious matter you're discussing light skin.. abi u miss road from romance section?? angry

Mtchewwwww

...^^^^attitude...and then they complain they can't find man on Nairaland....so I take it u now work Ian bank..abi? OUR BLACK WOMEN n ATTITUSE!! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by acada111(f): 3:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
SHAIBULIAR:

I'm so sorry, it is well.... cry
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by MrCork: 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
..anyways bak to the thread..so they ask 500 people...abi?...why shudunt they sack them when they spend 99% of there time on office gossip & chasin women...... Bro, am goin bak to bed,.laters!! angry

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by acidtalk: 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
baruzeez:

God will spoil MY lyf I am an oloriburku somebody. Na my
family dem go sack, abeg no dey come nl dey forecast rubbish
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by MrCork: 3:41pm On Feb 20, 2015
booqee:

Mtchewwwww

^^^ she int even light skin! undecided

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 20, 2015
kaeforum:
where una hear this gist, avent heard. u guys should confirm your stories first o.
bro u bera believe it oh,was supprise last week my favourite big bossom costumer care agnt was no where 2 b fnd,i almost change am 4 prsn coz d view of dat 2tins alone,u wil pray ur acct shld have probs so u cn mit her

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by manie(m): 3:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
lionshare:
What I don't seem to understand is that why sack people and then go out to employ another set....is it that the workers were sacked because they are not capable? Or what?

They sacked old hands, in order to employ younger and cheaper workers.
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by manie(m): 3:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
kennaustine:
I will never value any company that never values their staff

Do not expect anybody to value you, it your duty to value yourself and add value to anybody you work for. When a truly valuable worker is sacked, it is usually a blessing in disguise for such a worker.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by symbian03(m): 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
booqee:
hmm na wa o. i think its true tho..I heard something similar. seem they want to change their workforce so they will most likely need new hands soon.

i know its bad news for some pple and I really do feel sorry for them but at the same time it may be beneficial to some others. I heard from a source that they would soon start massive recruitment..infact they're receiving CV's now. cos I went to drop my CV at their head office in V.I..but don't know if they've stopped collecting.

but we should always av it at the back of our mind that bank job is never permanent so you're not caught unawares. entrepreneurship is still the best..still working on mine tho..God help me

Good girl. You seem to think differently, to think some bankers actually take loans to travel abroad for some shopping spree in Dubai, buy cars etc... You should start working towards establishing your self the very day you start working in a bank.

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by manie(m): 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
NosoChic:
Sacked on what grounds or basis please......was it performance based or just restructuring. ..

Restructuring is more like it, I think this is good news for investors of this company.
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by manie(m): 3:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
acidtalk:

No! They were sacked to cut cost. You employ contract staff who you will pay far less and will do more job.

Why pay someone N150,000 to do a job and the person will be frowning and thinking he is doing his employers a favor when you can employ 3 people and pay them N50,000 each and they will work extremely hard.

OUTSOURCING IS THE WAY OUT ALL OVER THE WORLD.

The latest move by the company ought to have a positive impact on the bottom line and shareholders will be better for it.
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by millhouse: 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
true word bro

absoluteSuccess:
Sack is a good reminder to youth in the labour market that its not the duty of your employer to make you rich. Find your path through the maze, it's a cold world.

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by SHAIBULIAR: 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
100Cents:

Don't lie.

We are in RENTING season..
reave me jo,I go wound you o
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Bootybuttchic(f): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2015
100Cents:

Ok, Sorry.
okay thank u,u too sorry smiley
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Cutehector(m): 4:05pm On Feb 20, 2015
100Cents:

Ok, Sorry.
who apologizes to someone on nairaland and shares the apology? Who does dat!
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Bootybuttchic(f): 4:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
MrCork:

..fvuk me?... Sweeery I hope we do! wink
see ur head,who wants to fvck u like fvck cheesy.was just sayin it literally ode
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by ebube89(f): 4:14pm On Feb 20, 2015
TO ALL THOSE WHO CLAIM TO HAV BEEN AFFECTED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, CAN WE HAVE FIRST HAND REASONS WHY IT HAPPENED .
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by babasanti: 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
Blame Gov Thief Amaechi for the billion naira loan , he took from fidelity
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by chakula: 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
Fidelity really missed good folks like reginald ihejiahi fmr MD, willy obiano fmr ED, etc because during world economic melt down era they assisted their staff by reducing salary and make sure no staff is sack. But nowadays the story is different, may Allah provides the effected staff with better job amen.

1 Like

Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by MrCork: 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
see ur head,who wants to fvck u like fvck cheesy.was just sayin it literally ode

...u no u always wanted to...so u telln me that if I take of ma shirt....u wunt jump on me??.. I beg stop LYIN!! undecided
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by MrCork: 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
ebube89:
TO ALL THOSE WHO CLAIM TO HAV BEEN AFFECTED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, CAN WE HAVE FIRST HAND REASONS WHY IT HAPPENED .

..Sweery are u light skin? angry
Re: Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff by Bootybuttchic(f): 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
MrCork:

...u no u always wanted to...so u telln me that if I take of ma shirt....u wunt jump on me??.. I beg stop LYIN!! undecided
jeeeez shocked :-O .jump on u ke? I'd rather fly into sambisa....i no wan catch ebola o shocked grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rocks Quest FM/TV Presenters Sacked Over Sexual Harassment / What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate / FRSC Officials Safeguard Nigerian-Norwegian Man's Money, Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.