Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through (23042 Views)

16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) / 6 Annoying Daily Hustles of a University student / Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Olsoo(m): 5:14pm On Feb 20, 2015
•EXCESSES OF QUEUES: Too much of everything,they say isn't a good thing. Don't get me wrong,to queue is a good thing as long as it promotes orderliness but when it becomes a regular thingy,it's one hell of a frustrating thing;especially right under the SUN.
I mean,you queue to enter banks,at ATM spots,at the park(after hours of tiresome lectures o),restaurants,exam halls,lecture theaters, you name it!

•TRANSPORTATION: You have an 8am class on a Monday,you arrive at the bus-stop any later than 7:30am,then rush no more,for thou shall be no lesser than 20 minutes late because the distance from town to school is just like a journey of Egypt to Israel by foot.
Second scenario,you just finished a 6pm class(let's say you get fortunate enough,the 'workaholic' lecturer releases you by 6:20pm)*lol. Just have it at the back of your depressed mind that you'll get home nothing earlier than 8pm after spending hours on the snake-like queue(Unless you 'shunt' your way out. But if Cadet catch you ehn,na Tanke straight up o *tongue-out)

•FALSE RUMOURS: Argh! This is my favourite. You see,Unilorites and false rumours are synonyms. Prof. A.G Ambali said students will be given N10,000 each. UNILORIN is now number 1 in the Universe. CBT results will be out on the 31st of February. Our Level Adviser gave birth to quadruplet. Freshers will be given 'I-pad'(how much are you paying that the school will now give you I-pad? C'mon,it's a school,not a charity) *Some Unilorites ehn* Sometimes I wonder what planet some students are from.

•SUN: If the World Meteorological Organization had visited UNILORIN in 2012,they wouldn't have named the 'Death Valley' the hottest place in the world. You go to school in the morning looking cool,bright and dapper but it's your dark twin that arrives in the afternoon.
The most annoying part about the Sun is it's dehydrating aspect. So annoying. Going to the Bank Area by foot is like taking a voluntary walk to hell.It's no different from carrying the sun on your head. Wearing caps and shades offers little/no help I must say. *By the way,I wonder how the 'Suit and Tie' and 'Varsity Jacket' dudes cope.

•HOSTEL PALAVA: Though this only happens during the first 6 weeks of resumption,but I still find it funny. I had determined friends who skipped classes and lunch for 3 weeks just to sit in front of computers waiting patiently for the hostel portal to be opened. In the end,they still weren't able to get one.How sorrowful. lol. If only they devoted the time to study;who knows?*shrugs* They could have been scholars *hehe

Unilorites,feel free to add yours.

Source: www.TankeSir..com

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Temmi001: 5:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
!FTC...Since 2014
I dedicate this to all Fellow Unilorite. . .to all freshers,may u nva av d cause to Face Tanke!hit like if u understand,share if u don't!

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Olsoo(m): 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
Temmi001:
I'll be back!
It's just that i can't pray for my topic not to hit FP. undecided
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
Nneka123... Is this your school? cheesy
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Chimarto: 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
Seriously! is it pre-university or just university?
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Akbee(m): 6:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
1.This isn't the age of primitive living oga.i know ur desirous of change but it seems u av failed to realise the fact that such changes can only begin in you.What is more thrilling than the sight of people queuing up to board a bus,shop,enter a lecture venue??
U shud always learn to get there first if u dont wana waste ur precious time on one thing tru out the whole day.
2.Get another accommodation close to ur school n u wl avoid another Broda Paul's second missionary journey.
3.which university were rumours no dey?
Its inevitable bros..Come to unical and see things for urself..im afraid u wl tk what u have there in Unilorin for a mere child's play.
4.Harsh weather?this is Africa where the sun shines brilliantly.The harshness of the sun reflects in our skins.. Black is beautiful.
Northern Nigeria has the highest temperature in Nigeria cos it rarely rains there plus its closeness to the Sahara desert.U shuda gone for another school,maybe one in Asian minor or Uk.na for there u for begin complain of cold.
5.Hotel palava:Those students who spent their time waitn for the hostel portal to be opened aint serious fellows.. they had better look for accommodation else where or stand a chance of graduatn with third class.
Conclusion: It seems ur just starting higher school.(U NEVA CHI CHUM CHING.LOL.)hence ur yet to come to the knowledge that the four walls of a university is a different world from our homes n secondary schools.its expected that individual/ students seeking admission into any institution of higher learning are matured n can act independently without being shown what to do..U nd to sit up..
plan ur day wella n u wl soon adjust faster to the new environment.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by shadelek(m): 6:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
Yes, the op is right. There is nothing that does not require queue in unilorin but the students have no choice than to adapt. That's part of what makes them no1 in the country. Probitas dotrina. Unilorin, better by farrr

8 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by semoly(m): 6:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
Yyyyyyy
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by omanifrank(m): 6:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
2 bad
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Lagusta(m): 6:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
This is very true, I have experienced it before....

But im still proud to be a conc unilorite!!!!

PROBITAS DOCTRINA!!!!!

BETTER BY FAR!!!!!!

hit like if you are a unilorite, an alumnus or an aspirant wink

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Iykebestbt(m): 6:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
believe anything ßüt Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Sijo01(f): 6:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
How is this peculiar to Unilorin student alone?

3 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by auntymi(f): 6:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by tmanis(m): 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
Na only them waka come?
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by CarinalEL: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
Upon all this stress and drama during school no job after, Naija terrible country
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
Datz school life for you.... u don't have any option than to just endure

#zick_diqsaw
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by bigv(m): 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
So? All that happens if you pass through an average Naija uni. #KiniBigDeal
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by naijainfogalery: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
This same thing happens in almost every University in Nigeria. Its as if they make life hard for you so as to think Education isnt a joke .
Its only in Nigerian schools where you will make payment for the form in Abuja, Submit it in Port harcourt, Go for acrreditation in Lagos, Stamp the receipt in Warri, Come back to make acceptance fee in Abuja, then if God will catch you , you will misplace any of your documents, you start the processing all over again. Then after surviving all this for four years, they will now send you to Sambisa forest to serve.

They just have a way of frustrating you. I wonder how Nigerian graduates survive, I think every Nigerian grad should be given an award of endurance by the federal Govt after school

15 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Oildichotomy(m): 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
We just read of the dude that the Surgeon Cultists operated on recently

Kindly include that in the list
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Zane2point4(m): 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
op you jux talked exactly about futo owerri.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Roydxemmy: 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
K

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by ifeanyi317(m): 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
Na the same with FUTO ooooo d sun is hell fire
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by LEXYCOM: 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
Am coming back to comment....let me finish sucking my uni ilorin babes thing....
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by samkolo(m): 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
ok
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by sulmeza(m): 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
Beta by far...dos stuffs r common 2 mst institutions in naija..nt jt unilorin...
Though it can be damn frustating attimes...
Still...proudly a unilorite
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Dygeasy(m): 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
You're totally right! UNILORIN, the only school you go for a one-hour lecture by 2pm after eating lunch and then get back to your hostel by 3:30pm and the first thing you start looking for is food. cry
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
Brb
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Coolboi05(m): 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
Queue??u neva heard of ABU queue abi wey evn if na money u wan dash person, queue go dey winkto click accomodation,u go do tdb for dat portal

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by adedayourt(m): 6:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
But d skul is sound academically nd in terms of managerial efficiency

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by martin1772(m): 6:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
yea, dats how we roll. better by far
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by zico18(m): 6:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
And that queue aspect sucks
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Albert0011(m): 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
Sighs....hw will this topic help me 2 pass through this hectic stage in God of war III

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Moves To Regulate Fees Charged By Tertiary Institutions / Checkout Nigerian University Where Students Pay N25k For Lab Coat / ASUP Suspends 10 Month Old Strike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.