Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through (23054 Views)

16 situations Unilorites Can Relate To(photos) / 6 Annoying Daily Hustles of a University student / Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
Hmmmm una do o...that's my alma mata..I rep biosystems engineering!! Bro the time wey I frustrate pass was burnfire..my 100 and 200level,na leg I take waka go tanke wen bus no quick come school sha..
Olsoo:
•EXCESSES OF QUEUES: Too much of everything,they say isn't a good thing. Don't get me wrong,to queue is a good thing as long as it promotes orderliness but when it becomes a regular thingy,it's one hell of a frustrating thing;especially right under the SUN.
I mean,you queue to enter banks,at ATM spots,at the park(after hours of tiresome lectures o),restaurants,exam halls,lecture theaters, you name it!

•TRANSPORTATION: You have an 8am class on a Monday,you arrive at the bus-stop any later than 7:30am,then rush no more,for thou shall be no lesser than 20 minutes late because the distance from town to school is just like a journey of Egypt to Israel by foot.
Second scenario,you just finished a 6pm class(let's say you get fortunate enough,the 'workaholic' lecturer releases you by 6:20pm)*lol. Just have it at the back of your depressed mind that you'll get home nothing earlier than 8pm after spending hours on the snake-like queue(Unless you 'shunt' your way out. But if Cadet catch you ehn,na Tanke straight up o *tongue-out)

•FALSE RUMOURS: Argh! This is my favourite. You see,Unilorites and false rumours are synonyms. Prof. A.G Ambali said students will be given N10,000 each. UNILORIN is now number 1 in the Universe. CBT results will be out on the 31st of February. Our Level Adviser gave birth to quadruplet. Freshers will be given 'I-pad'(how much are you paying that the school will now give you I-pad? C'mon,it's a school,not a charity) *Some Unilorites ehn* Sometimes I wonder what planet some students are from.

•SUN: If the World Meteorological Organization had visited UNILORIN in 2012,they wouldn't have named the 'Death Valley' the hottest place in the world. You go to school in the morning looking cool,bright and dapper but it's your dark twin that arrives in the afternoon.
The most annoying part about the Sun is it's dehydrating aspect. So annoying. Going to the Bank Area by foot is like taking a voluntary walk to hell.It's no different from carrying the sun on your head. Wearing caps and shades offers little/no help I must say. *By the way,I wonder how the 'Suit and Tie' and 'Varsity Jacket' dudes cope.

•HOSTEL PALAVA: Though this only happens during the first 6 weeks of resumption,but I still find it funny. I had determined friends who skipped classes and lunch for 3 weeks just to sit in front of computers waiting patiently for the hostel portal to be opened. In the end,they still weren't able to get one.How sorrowful. lol. If only they devoted the time to study;who knows?*shrugs* They could have been scholars *hehe

Unilorites,feel free to add yours.

Source: www.TankeSir..com
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by KlaireKlement(f): 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
Lol...OP,everything you typed up there is TRUE....The one wey dey annoy me pass na that rumour issue.And d bad thing be say when real stuff like shifted practical dey up,u no go hear o....Its remains d BETTER BY FAR uni sha*winks*
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Bimpe29: 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
So to queue up is annoying? And sunlight is affecting your academic excellence? Be disciplined bro & learn how to use your precious time judiciously. Rumour mongers are synonymous with human setting. These things aren't annoying in any sense, because it is the product of students' circumstance.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by anukulapo: 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2015
Olsoo:

•SUN: If the World Meteorological Organization had visited UNILORIN in 2012,they wouldn't have named the 'Death Valley' the hottest place in the world. You go to school in the morning looking cool,bright and dapper but it's your dark twin that arrives in the afternoon.
The most annoying part about the Sun is it's dehydrating aspect. So annoying. Going to the Bank Area by foot is like taking a voluntary walk to hell.It's no different from carrying the sun on your head. Wearing caps and shades offers little/no help I must say. *By the way,I wonder how the 'Suit and Tie' and 'Varsity Jacket' dudes cope.

If you never go another person farm,you go think say na your papa farm big pass - Yoruba proverb.

Ask Gwags student or try FUTMinna. No go too far. Try those two places first
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by jidoex66(m): 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
Its not funny at all, i even queue to urinate then at the student mosque. Wishing you guys all the best, Better by Far angry undecided
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by bettingbad(m): 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2015
Akbee:
1.This isn't the age of primitive living oga.i know ur desirous of change but it seems u av failed to realise the fact that such changes can only begin in you.What is more thrilling than the sight of people queuing up to board a bus,shop,enter a lecture venue??
U shud always learn to get there first if u dont wana waste ur precious time on one thing tru out the whole day.
2.Get another accommodation close to ur school n u wl avoid another Broda Paul's second missionary journey.
3.which university were rumours no dey?
Its inevitable bros..Come to unical and see things for urself..im afraid u wl tk what u have there in Unilorin for a mere child's play.
4.Harsh weather?this is Africa where the sun shines brilliantly.The harshness of the sun reflects in our skins.. Black is beautiful.
Northern Nigeria has the highest temperature in Nigeria cos it rarely rains there plus its closeness to the Sahara desert.U shuda gone for another school,maybe one in Asian minor or Uk.na for there u for begin complain of cold.
5.Hotel palava:Those students who spent their time waitn for the hostel portal to be opened aint serious fellows.. they had better look for accommodation else where or stand a chance of graduatn with third class.
Conclusion: It seems ur just starting higher school.(U NEVA CHI CHUM CHING.LOL.)hence ur yet to come to the knowledge that the four walls of a university is a different world from our homes n secondary schools.its expected that individual/ students seeking admission into any institution of higher learning are matured n can act independently without being shown what to do..U nd to sit up..
plan ur day wella n u wl soon adjust faster to the new environment.

This guy I just stupid anyhow Chai, who born you
How can you call ilorin, Northern Nigeria
And what if folks that can afford accommodation off campus, do u think everything is straightforward. Mumu
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by orledaj01(m): 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
I feel ur points. U are representing!
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Tmex(m): 8:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
Olsoo:
•EXCESSES OF QUEUES: Too much of everything,they say isn't a good thing. Don't get me wrong,to queue is a good thing as long as it promotes orderliness but when it becomes a regular thingy,it's one hell of a frustrating thing;especially right under the SUN.
I mean,you queue to enter banks,at ATM spots,at the park(after hours of tiresome lectures o),restaurants,exam halls,lecture theaters, you name it!

•TRANSPORTATION: You have an 8am class on a Monday,you arrive at the bus-stop any later than 7:30am,then rush no more,for thou shall be no lesser than 20 minutes late because the distance from town to school is just like a journey of Egypt to Israel by foot.
Second scenario,you just finished a 6pm class(let's say you get fortunate enough,the 'workaholic' lecturer releases you by 6:20pm)*lol. Just have it at the back of your depressed mind that you'll get home nothing earlier than 8pm after spending hours on the snake-like queue(Unless you 'shunt' your way out. But if Cadet catch you ehn,na Tanke straight up o *tongue-out)

•FALSE RUMOURS: Argh! This is my favourite. You see,Unilorites and false rumours are synonyms. Prof. A.G Ambali said students will be given N10,000 each. UNILORIN is now number 1 in the Universe. CBT results will be out on the 31st of February. Our Level Adviser gave birth to quadruplet. Freshers will be given 'I-pad'(how much are you paying that the school will now give you I-pad? C'mon,it's a school,not a charity) *Some Unilorites ehn* Sometimes I wonder what planet some students are from.

•HOSTEL PALAVA: Though this only happens during the first 6 weeks of resumption,but I still find it funny. I had determined friends who skipped classes and lunch for 3 weeks just to sit in front of computers waiting patiently for the hostel portal to be opened. In the end,they still weren't able to get one.How sorrowful. lol. If only they devoted the time to study;who knows?*shrugs* They could have been scholars *hehe

Unilorites,feel free to add yours.

Source: www.TankeSir..com
. endurance is the key, people have came before you and people will still come after you. and remember what doesn't kill you make you stronger.
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by HenryG(m): 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
BUS ISSUE
School Bus drivers(Baba Ojo) threatening you as if they can make you "face Tanke"
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Aydesmond(m): 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
#reping better by far
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
spanzed:
mehn I am still finding it hard to believe sum1 can trek that distance...

If someone had told me before that day dat I could walk dat far, I would have disagreed vehemently.

Also, I don't know if its still done now but during oloyede's tenure den there used to be something called Unilorin jog day once every session. On that day they would close d gate of d school around 6am and people would have to jog or trek from gate to at least d bridge area before u can see a car. They wouldn't open d gates until around 10am. Cars go come queue outside d gate. If you had an early lecture that you had to attend compulsorily, mehn na trekking things be dat o. I experienced it once and it was hell.
So many experiences in dat school.
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by easyz(m): 8:46pm On Feb 20, 2015
watin u expect? that place na north now.
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by dacillin: 8:48pm On Feb 20, 2015
@OP
if it's time of Oloyede u said all these, am sure u will be expelled.
point of correction: unilorite doesn't Queue to enter restaurants, lecture theater. Aba! pls don't rubbish my Alma Mata. though, there is high level of discipline in unilorin- glorified sec skol

2. Sun : yes! there is high intensity of sun in ilorin due that the city is close to northern part of d country. by d way, which faculty r u dat u can't take keke to bank area?

3. Hostel palava : yes we r in need of hostels due dat d skol is still underconstruction. dat u said ur frnd sit in front of computer for 3 weeks is a BIG LIES. unilorin is d first skol in Nigeria to Digitized admission stuff/registration including hostel. moreover, d hostel portal opens before new session. interm of digitization unilorin is d best.
pls dont rubbish ma Alma Mata on social media of wot is nt true.

BETTER BY FAR

#AmAAlumnus
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by spanzed(m): 8:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
adeaks:

If someone had told me before that day dat I could walk dat far, I would have disagreed vehemently.

Also, I don't know if its still done now but during oloyede's tenure den there used to be something called Unilorin jog day once every session. On that day they would close d gate of d school around 6am and people would have to jog or trek from gate to at least d bridge area before u can see a car. They wouldn't open d gates until around 10am. Cars go come queue outside d gate. If you had an early lecture that you had to attend compulsorily, mehn na trekking things be dat o. I experienced it once and it was hell.
So many experiences in dat school.
That oloyede sef thankGod I didn't meet him I won't attend morning lectures niyen dem wan kill person
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
That's why we are better by far.
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by lachill(m): 8:52pm On Feb 20, 2015
spanzed:
mehn I am still finding it hard to believe sum1 can trek that distance...
U def a fresher
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by spanzed(m): 8:56pm On Feb 20, 2015
lachill:

U def a fresher
if you mean I be fresher...Nop I don become bonafide student...
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by xreal: 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
95% true.
Sorry. I can't add. I left over a decade ago.

I'm proud of the 'Citadel of Learning'.

BETTER BY FAR.
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by mochi1(m): 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
Lol!!!!! To write CBT exams sef, u go queue. You want chop 4 ASUU complex sef, u must to queue! Lol...... Dress code issue sef,na die! smh.... Just know that if you have an 8am class on monday,you just need to be @ d park as early as 6:45am because of dem freshers going 4 GNS! Tiring! Thank God I've got few months to go. NYSC calling already!
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Boazzz: 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
Do they still write "fill in the gap" in there exams?
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Thunday1005(m): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
u never see sun come to Futminna
#Na hell on earth
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Akbee(m): 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
bettingbad:

This guy I just stupid anyhow Chai, who born you
How can you call ilorin, Northern Nigeria
And what if folks that can afford accommodation off campus, do u think everything is straightforward. Mumu
pls don't quote me anymore if u aint got sth reasonable to post here..isnt kwara state in north western Nigeria?Where u trying to write in English or wot?ur jargon speaks volume of ur level of ignorance.
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by yinkarh187(m): 10:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
ebbie9ja:

Bro, two weeks for where?? If you don't resume on 23,you're OYO
guy shey u serious? how we go resume 0n 23? result neva commot nw {no yab me I be fresher}
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by costello23(m): 10:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
Nothing good comes easy. Those queues bring students together and to succeed in unilorin, you need sound work ethics otherwise you'll face tanke early. And common you're almost in Northern Nigeria where hotness is kinda normal. Don't forget 100level students get tablets not ipad tho.
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by crowther15(m): 10:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
Boazzz:
Do they still write "fill in the gap" in there exams?
Lol.....that is what my lecturers knw how to set best and u will fail big time........Economics that's our way......
Yakubu and Yaru fill in d gap......
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by tayork(m): 10:52pm On Feb 20, 2015
I SWEAR YOUR SCHOOL NO GO THROUGH STRESS PASS MY SCHOOL. OOU AKA OSU
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by akinsondan: 10:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by fm001(m): 11:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
iwriterng:
LAUTECH is the number one institution that nurture rumour into reality. If you hear anything as rumour in LAUTECH, better take it serious, because its a done deal.

I just concluded a 2 month semester (less than 4weeks lecture), it all started as a rumour. And the sun? I think Ogbomosho and Ilorin is closer to the north, that should explain it.

Queue? We jump that shiiit over here, so am cool with it.

Hostel? We're nonresidential.

Proudly LAUTECH ALUMNUS

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by dasean1(m): 11:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
Unilorin shaaa!
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by EddieAngel: 12:18am On Feb 21, 2015
A 3rd class student in unilorin is far way better than a 1st class in unilag. I rep Unilorin......class of 2014
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by Ifeyz: 1:55am On Feb 21, 2015
lolz, oya my uniben brethrens mk una queue up ere, na werin una sabi pass b d@ !
Re: Annoying Things Unilorites Go Through by haywhy59(m): 5:05am On Feb 21, 2015
I agree wit u bt disagree on one thing which is abt d i-pad,my brother the freshers were given their i-pad cos my sis was among.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Checkout Nigerian University Where Students Pay N25k For Lab Coat / Is Animal Science A Good Course?? / ASUP Suspends 10 Month Old Strike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.