Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? (13972 Views)

Should Catholic Tradition Have Equal Or Greater Authority Than The Bible? / Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Lady2(f): 6:44pm On Jan 28, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

I know you guys are in self denial, burying your heads in the sand like the proverbial ostrich. Since you have doubted, denied, disobeyed and replaced the Word of God with your church traditions and refuse to see the realities that are so glaring around you I don't expect you to see reason in what this man who had been operating in the powers of darkness but who have now been translated into the kingdom of the Son of God, exposing every evil work of darkness, said. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit of God is telling him today because tomorrow may be too late.

You guys only make claims and cannot back it up. You say we are confused, Ok we accept now show us the way. Answer our questions, and when we post something be a good scholar and tell us where and how we went wrong, simply dodging will not change anything.

If I am going to leave catholicism and move to 33000 sects fighting for the right to proper interpretation of the Bible I will need for you to logically explain things to me. Simply calling the Church the LovePeddler of babylon will do you and us no good. Posting Bible passages from no where will do no good, afterall the devil quotes the Bible too. How am I supposed to know you are not the devil trying to mislead me? Look the only way I will know you are not the devil is by testing you o, so please explain things logically thank you.

@Chikito1

You are of the impression that catholic tradition isn't the Bible. SO let me spell it out for you, CATHOLIC TRADITION IS THE BIBLE. Now if you feel my statement is wrong, I will happily oblige you in a discussion.

@Olaadegbu

I have seen what you wanted me to see, now engage in the discussion with me and save me from the devil please. I wrote things above, now talk about it.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Lady2(f): 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2009
So people can still be as unobjective as this?!!

Wait o ttalks, I didn't respond to this properly.

Do you mean to tell me that if I want to research christianity, I should go to a muslim website? Is that what you're saying?
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by ttalks(m): 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2009
~Lady~:

Wait o ttalks, I didn't respond to this properly.

Do you mean to tell me that if I want to research christianity, I should go to a muslim website? Is that what you're saying?

To research on Christianity,go to the Bible.
To research on Roman Catholicism;one has to go else where and those are the Catholic Documents,articles,rules/regulations,constitutions,whatever,etc.
These Catholic sources as mentioned above are what any sincere Christian goes through to make conclusions on.We don't need any Catholic Priest or leader to explain them for us.
And the point we're stressing is that most of the contents of these Catholic sources do not agree with Scripture.
You might say that there are other books that support ur Catholic practices; but if that truly is the case,the little we have in the bible would also point out agreement one way or the other with ur doctrines.
But as we know,the bible does not in anyway support ur traditions/doctrines.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Lady2(f): 8:07pm On Jan 28, 2009
ttalks:

To research on Christianity,go to the Bible.
To research on Roman Catholicism;one has to go else where and those are the Catholic Documents,articles,rules/regulations,constitutions,whatever,etc.
These Catholic sources as mentioned above are what any sincere Christian goes through to make conclusions on.We don't need any Catholic Priest or leader to explain them for us.
And the point we're stressing is that most of the contents of these Catholic sources do not agree with Scripture.
You might say that there are other books that support ur Catholic practices; but if that truly is the case,the little we have in the bible would also point out agreement one way or the other with ur doctrines.
But as we know,the bible does not in anyway support ur traditions/doctrines.

Exactly and that's why we tell you to go to Catholic websites to get the actual documents. Majority of the documents that bobyaf presented are no where to be found in Catholicism, why? Because they weren't by the Catholic Church. I know for a fact that people have made up documents and passed them off as Catholic documents and posted them on websites and people like you go there and believe that those are Catholic documents when infact they aren't.

And the point we are stressing is that the real Catholic documents and beliefs are rooted in scripture. If you guys will be truthful and logical and approaching the issue you will see so as well. I saw so and so have millions of protestant converts to Catholicism. I converted to Catholicism when I decided to stop going through hateful websites and went straight to the source. I went to a Catholic Church.
And dear you do need someone to explain it for you, sometimes our eyes can be misleading especially when we expect to see something. When you go looking for something you may find it even when it isn't there.

Instead of approaching this issue with us with an already made up mind, how about you actually reason with us and if our reasoning doesn't make sense to you then you can go on your way.

I will stress a point to you, that you do believe in what Catholics believe you just don't know it. If you wish for me to show you then I don't have a problem with that, as far as you promise to respect me as I promise to respect you.

It is not by force to be Catholic, and we don't go looking for trouble but be assured that we will defend the truth as we have done from the founding of the Church by Christ.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by ttalks(m): 9:00pm On Jan 28, 2009
Exactly and that's why we tell you to go to Catholic websites to get the actual documents. Majority of the documents that bobyaf presented are no where to be found in Catholicism, why? Because they weren't by the Catholic Church. I know for a fact that people have made up documents and passed them off as Catholic documents and posted them on websites and people like you go there and believe that those are Catholic documents when infact they aren't.

I personally have gone to some original Catholic documents,pages and sites and I have read a lot.Now when I say 'read a lot', it wasn't reading with a biased mind. It was reading to understand where u guys are coming from or what drives u guys.
But u see, the bible is always with me and is the source of all my belief and understanding in God.Going through most of the articles as objectively as possible,there were a whole lot of stuff that sparked off as wrong.These sparks were because of what I knew the bible said on some issues.So I brought my bible alongside and did a compare and contrast and saw that some provisions in the Catholic documents were not in agreement with Scripture.

And the point we are stressing is that the real Catholic documents and beliefs are rooted in scripture. If you guys will be truthful and logical and approaching the issue you will see so as well. I saw so and so have millions of protestant converts to Catholicism. I converted to Catholicism when I decided to stop going through hateful websites and went straight to the source. I went to a Catholic Church.
And dear you do need someone to explain it for you, sometimes our eyes can be misleading especially when we expect to see something. When you go looking for something you may find it even when it isn't there.

Every body knows that most Christian faiths are rooted in Scripture, but the issue is: Is it completely in agreement with Scripture?
Almost every practice in different Christian faiths/denominations are rooted or founded in scripture but the problem is that along the line,they do not flow with Scripture anymore.The base or foundation or starting point might be in Scripture,but the body or branches are dipped in something else; which automatically renders the whole thing wrong.It's just like having a specific path for something or a journey:One starts properly in the right path,but along the line,there is a deviation.Ultimately,the destination would not be the same as that of the predefined path.
What should be paramount or important about the Christian faith is that every of its practices must flow along with scripture at all times.

Going through the bible properly,u will see that every Christian has a personal responsibility to study and understand everything about the faith.Having someone explain the Catholic faith to u after u have done proper and objective study of the provisions of the documents applying approved standards of studying and understanding based on the language being used to communicate the info, is completely unnecessary.Having a Catholic explain the contents of their documents is highly unobjective because he/she is clearly going to give an explanation to favor his/her belief.That is a biased position.
The best way to handle it without being biased is to set approved methods and standards of studying and allow Christians to use them to make conclusions based on what they see and the language it is communicated in.
The Catholic documents have english versions and english language has approved standards of use by which proper conclusions can be made of stuff written in it.

Instead of approaching this issue with us with an already made up mind, how about you actually reason with us and if our reasoning doesn't make sense to you then you can go on your way.

The mind or stand we have is based on what the bible has communicated and not any other possibility.Reasoning with u is what most of us have been trying to do and we still hope to reason until it isn't possible to anymore.But our reasoning will always be based on the bible's position on things and not based on what someone feels should be or could be the case.

I will stress a point to you, that you do believe in what Catholics believe you just don't know it. If you wish for me to show you then I don't have a problem with that, as far as you promise to respect me as I promise to respect you.

Definitely there are points of agreement between the Catholic faith and what we believe. But also,definitely,there are points of disagreement.We do not believe in all u do but definitely,there are certain beliefs which are common. There are very clear points where there is and can never be agreement with what u guys believe.But the point we stress is this:Everything has to agree completely with scripture.Where they don't,where they are shaky,where they contradict,etc. they are thrown away.That is our stand.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Lady2(f): 9:56pm On Jan 28, 2009
@ ttalks

Ok fair enough. Would you mind telling me what you found that is contradictory? Please go one at a time so to lessen any confusion. For example, Mary. If you want to start there let me know. And then we can move on from there.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by honeric01(m): 12:19am On Jan 29, 2009
One of the things i discovered from the Catholic's teachings that doesn't conform with the scriptures is having to pray to Mary instead of Jesus as it was written by Jesus himself.

Another is Having to confess your sins to the fathers and then giving you assurances that your sins has been forgiven is not what the scriptures Christians read spoke about,

Maybe you should start from there, I am just reading through and taking points from both parties =,
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Lady2(f): 7:40am On Jan 29, 2009
One of the things i discovered from the Catholic's teachings that doesn't conform with the scriptures is having to pray to Mary instead of Jesus as it was written by Jesus himself.

Another is Having to confess your sins to the fathers and then giving you assurances that your sins has been forgiven is not what the scriptures Christians read spoke about,

Maybe you should start from there, I am just reading through and taking points from both parties =,

First of all, we don't teach "pray to Mary instead of Jesus" even the prayers to Mary are not in the form of praying to Jesus, and when we pray to Mary all we do is ask her to pray for us. SO in essence when you ask someone to pray for you, you are also praying to them, as that is the actual meaning of prayer. So you are also guilty of it too, if it's a crime.

Praying to Jesus is in adoration, and that is reserved for God alone. Mary can never have that.

Also let's look at the prayer we have for Mary "Hail Mary, Full of grace or highly favored, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus" These are the words of Angel Gabriel and Elizabeth in Luke 1:28 and Luke 1:42
Also Elizabeth called Mary the Mother of Adonai, Adonai is God, so the whole Mother of God title was given to her in the Bible also. But if you want further clarification on that, I am happy to oblige and give you the whole rundown of Mary in the Bible.

As for confession, how would you interpret this verse?

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed.

And this one about the forgiveness?

John 20:20-23
20 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord.
21 Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you"
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the holy Spirit.
23 Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained."

Thanks.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by honeric01(m): 8:22am On Jan 29, 2009
~Lady~:

First of all, we don't teach "pray to Mary instead of Jesus" even the prayers to Mary are not in the form of praying to Jesus, and when we pray to Mary all we do is ask her to pray for us. SO in essence when you ask someone to pray for you, you are also praying to them, as that is the actual meaning of prayer. So you are also guilty of it too, if it's a crime.

Praying to Jesus is in adoration, and that is reserved for God alone. Mary can never have that.

Also let's look at the prayer we have for Mary "Hail Mary, Full of grace or highly favored, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus" These are the words of Angel Gabriel and Elizabeth in Luke 1:28 and Luke 1:42
Also Elizabeth called Mary the Mother of Adonai, Adonai is God, so the whole Mother of God title was given to her in the Bible also. But if you want further clarification on that, I am happy to oblige and give you the whole rundown of Mary in the Bible.

As for confession, how would you interpret this verse?

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed.

And this one about the forgiveness?

John 20:20-23
20 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord.
21 Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you"
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the holy Spirit.
23 Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained."

Thanks.

It's unfortunate that catholics lack spiritual interpretations to alot of things Written in the bible, When Elizabeth called Mary the mother of God, which is Normal for anyone who knew how the pregnancy of Mary came about, but that does not guarantee catholics to use that as a Fact to use as their base for their church tradition.
Elizabeth must have been admiring the fact that Mary was opportuned to be having Jesus (Adonai) so came that statement from her.

Hebrew 8:6, spoke about the mediator and the only person that was authorized to pray for us in the realm of the spirit is Jesus, because he's the only person with the power of ressurution, so he can interceed for we christians here on earth and Heaven because he died and rose again.
Not even any of his disciples can interceed for us (Including Mary) because they all died and haven't risen yet until the trumpet sounds.

The above quoted verse from John 20:20, The word Disciples there was his disciples then, And this present world we are now, We as Christians, in respective of our status in Christ, as far as we are True Christ-like (Christians), we are automatically a disciple too, so we have same attributes as the disciples of the old.
John 20:21, Peace be with "you" there referred to his disciples then, this present world, "true Christians are also his disciples, so we are also automatically commanded to go out as he commanded the then discciples as his father sent him.
John 20:22: As a true christian, we are in a position to receive the holy spirit, Act 1 vs 8, Mark 16:15 18. we have been given the power just like in the days of the apostles to preach, heal, and deliver. it was only in the OT that the holy spirit never came on all believers then, But when Jesus died, he promised to send us the holy spirit, So all christians with a ready mind have the same opportunity to receive the holy spirit just like the pastors.
John 20:23, It was simply saying as christians, we all have the same opportunity to forgive sins because God dwells in us through the Holy spirit. having said that, it's now left for God to differentiate between a spirit-filled christian to a non-spirit-filled christian.
some christians also have the gift of discernment. the discerning spirit help in testing the spirit behind every claimed christian.

Bottomline, we as "True"christians have equal rights to take our prayers and sins before God through one person JESUS CHRIST and no one else Because he's the mediator both here on earth and in Heaven.

Let me know if i was clear enough.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by honeric01(m): 8:27am On Jan 29, 2009
One more thing, the pastors are here to guide the christians and not God in earth as i read someone said about the role of the catholic pope and priest, we all have equal rights to God in as much as we believed Jesus, accepted Jesus, Have the holy spirit in Us and live in Christ Jesus.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2009
~Lady~:

You guys only make claims and cannot back it up. You say we are confused, Ok we accept now show us the way. Answer our questions, and when we post something be a good scholar and tell us where and how we went wrong, simply dodging will not change anything.

If I am going to leave catholicism and move to 33000 sects fighting for the right to proper interpretation of the Bible I will need for you to logically explain things to me. Simply calling the Church the LovePeddler of babylon will do you and us no good. Posting Bible passages from no where will do no good, afterall the devil quotes the Bible too. How am I supposed to know you are not the devil trying to mislead me? Look the only way I will know you are not the devil is by testing you o, so please explain things logically thank you.

My aim is not to argue with you since your mind is already made up and neither do I want you to leave your RCC nor join any of the 33,000 sects, all I want you to see is the half truths and lies that Satan has been using to deceive you into departing from the truth. If you are really interested in knowing where you have derailed check out the weblink that was posted in another thread recently.

http://www.worldministries.org/IntNL/Ephesus.pdf
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Janssen: 7:03pm On Jan 29, 2009
The New Catholic Catechism in Part One, Section 847,(http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm) states that non-Catholics who “seek God with a sincere heart” and “try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience,” will “achieve eternal salvation.”

The Roman Catholic Church has publicly stated that this means that sincere people from non-Christian religions such as Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Taoists, animists, etc. will make it to heaven without the necessity of hearing of or believing in it or its dogmas. As long as they are sincere in their faith and live a good life, they will make it to heaven.
The Roman Church has also publicly stated that this means that sincere people who have no religious convictions such as agnostics, atheists, skeptics, etc. will make it to heaven without the necessity of hearing of or believing in it and its dogmas. As long as they are sincere and live a good life, they will make it to heaven

The Pope has also said that the Orthodox, Evangelicals, Pentecostals, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Baptists, etc, will also make it to heaven without hearing of or believing in the Roman Catholic Church. As long as they are sincere in their faith and live a good life, they will make it to heaven. They are only “separated brethren.”

Since this is what your Church teaches, we who are non-Catholics request that you stop trying to convert us. Why?

1.   We do not need to hear of or believe in your church to make it to heaven.

Since we do not need your religion and our own religion or lack of religion is 

sufficient to save us, don’t bother us.

2.   Our ignorance is our salvation according to your Catechism. Thus if you try to convert us, you will endanger our souls. Your Catechism states that people go to hell if they come to believe that the Roman Catholic Church is the true religion but “refuse to enter it.”  Thus you may cause us to lose our salvation if you convince us that your religion is true. So, please leave us alone.

3.   Section 846 also states that people who believe that the Roman Catholic Church is the true religion but “refuse to remain in it,” will go to hell. Those who leave the Roman Church and then are sincere in their new beliefs and live a good life will still make it to heaven. But if you convince them that the Roman Church is the true church, you will endanger their immortal soul. So, leave them alone! As sincere ex-Catholics, they are going to heaven. Don’t damn them by trying to convert them.

4.   Section 856(http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm) the Catechism states that a “respectful dialogue” with non-Catholics may be done. But you have failed to be “respectful.” Instead, you have repeatedly engaged in rude and offensive “Protestant bashing.”

Conclusion

Since, according to your Church, we non-Catholics can get to heaven without becoming Roman Catholics, we do not need you or your Church. And, since we have our own religion, we do not want you or your Church. Catholic apologetics will do us more harm than good. It is thus time for you to seek gainful employment elsewhere such as selling insurance, cars or shoes.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Lady2(f): 11:38pm On Jan 29, 2009
It's unfortunate that catholics lack spiritual interpretations to alot of things Written in the bible, When Elizabeth called Mary the mother of God, which is Normal for anyone who knew how the pregnancy of Mary came about, but that does not guarantee catholics to use that as a Fact to use as their base for their church tradition.
Elizabeth must have been admiring the fact that Mary was opportuned to be having Jesus (Adonai) so came that statement from her.

Please enough with the insults, if you are true christian, you would actually be Christ-like and stop insulting people anyhow.

So you admit that Mary is the Mother of God, if so why are you all whining and crying that we call her the Mother of God?
Also do you even know what the tradition of the Church is about Mary?
Do you even know that the Bible (the New Testament) is also a tradition of the Church? so you might want to discard it.
Since you've admitted that Mary is the Mother of God, how infact do you expect God to treat his own mother?
Should he treat her like he treats the rest of us? Would you treat your mother the same way you treat any other person, or does she hold a special place in your heart?
Since you admit that Mary is the Mother of God, do you think she is so unimportant to him that he would let her body rot in the ground? If you had the power to keep your mother from rotting wouldn't you keep her from rotting?

You're right Elizabeth was, infact it parallels to the what David said when the ark came to him, notice that it was almost the exact words used by both Elizabeth and David.

David: How is it that the ark of the Lord would come to me?
Elizabeth: How is it that the Mother of my Lord would come to me?

See the similarity there, what can you deduce from that?

David also leapt for joy when the ark came to him, guess who leapt for joy when Mary came to Elizabeth?

Hebrew 8:6, spoke about the mediator and the only person that was authorized to pray for us in the realm of the spirit is Jesus, because he's the only person with the power of ressurution, so he can interceed for we christians here on earth and Heaven because he died and rose again.
Not even any of his disciples can interceed for us (Including Mary) because they all died and haven't risen yet until the trumpet sounds

The Catholic Church does not teach that Jesus isn't our mediator, and she doesn't teach that anyone is equal to Jesus or can take the place of Jesus. About the only one that is authorised to pray for us in the realm of the spirit is Jesus is false, the Bible disagrees with you on that. Jesus himself tells us that the angels of the little ones are praying for them and interceeding on their behalf.
Matthew 18:10 See that you despise not one of these little ones: for I say to you, that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

Nothing in the Bible states that we are in the Church are cut off from one another after death. How can we be one body if we are cut off from one another? When people die in Christ do they stop ceasing to be in the body of Christ?

We also know that it is possible for people to already be in heaven, as we see that in the transfiguration Moses and Elijah appear to Jesus and converse with him. According to the Bible it isn't unusual. Also in Revelations the twelve apostles and the twelve tribes of Israel are seen in the temple of God.

Revelations 4:4 Surrounding the throne I saw twenty-four other thrones on which twenty-four elders sat, dressed in white garments and with gold crowns on their heads.

Not only were they there they also offered the prayers of the holy ones (US)

Revelations 5:8 When he took it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each of the elders held a harp and gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of the holy ones.

So much for the apostles not haven been in heaven. Their bodies haven't risen but their souls are with the Lord. We all have our personal judgment that takes place at our death, but at the end time, all will be revealed for everyone to see and our souls will be reunited with our bodies. Our souls don't just wonder around.

As for Mary.

Let's look at Revelations 11:19- 12
11:19 Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of the covenant could be seen in the temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder, and earthquake, and a violent hailstorm.

12:1 A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
12:2 She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth.
12:5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. Her child was caught up to God and his throne.

Mary is the ark of the covenant. She carried the Word of God in her womb for nine months, and we see in Revelations the ark of the covenant has now taken the shape of a woman.

The above quoted verse from John 20:20, The word Disciples there was his disciples then, And this present world we are now, We as Christians, in respective of our status in Christ, as far as we are True Christ-like (Christians), we are automatically a disciple too, so we have same attributes as the disciples of the old.
John 20:21, Peace be with "you" there referred to his disciples then, this present world, "true Christians are also his disciples, so we are also automatically commanded to go out as he commanded the then discciples as his father sent him.
John 20:22: As a true christian, we are in a position to receive the holy spirit, Act 1 vs 8, Mark 16:15 18. we have been given the power just like in the days of the apostles to preach, heal, and deliver. it was only in the OT that the holy spirit never came on all believers then, But when Jesus died, he promised to send us the holy spirit, So all christians with a ready mind have the same opportunity to receive the holy spirit just like the pastors.
John 20:23, It was simply saying as christians, we all have the same opportunity to forgive sins because God dwells in us through the Holy spirit. having said that, it's now left for God to differentiate between a spirit-filled christian to a non-spirit-filled christian.
some christians also have the gift of discernment. the discerning spirit help in testing the spirit behind every claimed christian.

It also mentioned "whatever sins you retain are retained them" are we allowed not to forgive sins too?

Bottomline, we as "True"christians have equal rights to take our prayers and sins before God through one person JESUS CHRIST and no one else Because he's the mediator both here on earth and in Heaven.

Well thank God you believe the same thing we do. I was beginning to worry about you ya know.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Lady2(f): 12:10am On Jan 30, 2009
Janssen what the hell is wrong with your brain? Or can't you read at all? Was it a catholic that started this thread or was it a protestant that started it to bash Catholics.

PLEASE pull up every thread on this forum that catholics have started to bash protestant.

It must be that you are on drugs, or do you not even recognise what the title of the thread is?
Because I can certainly pull up plenty of threads where protestants are bashing catholics.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Bobbyaf(m): 4:03am On Jan 30, 2009
I am never the least surprised that Catholics are never able to use the bible to defend their faith, because they simply cannot. After having paganized pure Christendom, as was predicted by the bible itself, are we now surprised to see the level of responses?
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by StPaul1: 5:43am On Jan 30, 2009
Beware of the Great Beast! the catholic church is an apostate that follows the doctrine of demons. look at the various secret societies in the church! It is the devil's machine to send people to hell via deception, falls religion and falls hopes. RUN FOR YOUR DEAR LIFE! ONCE IN HELL YOU CAN'T GET OUT. find the truth in the bible and put your hope in Jesus alone! THAT IS THE WAY OF SALVATION. the tell you that you are not forgiven until the priest says you are. and you confess your sins to mortal man. what madness.  they teach you to TRUST THE CHURCH, and not Jesus Christ or what the Bible says so that you will not know the truth thereby they manipulate you with demonic lies as these apostasies below

1. the use of idols in worship (in the commandments God said to not make an image in the form of anything in heaven or earth, even His own image! Because he is God Invisible. idols are patronized by demons)
2. the worship of Mary (she is just like your sister or mother, nothing divine about her)
3. the lie that is purgatory (purgatory does not exist, at death you either go straight to hell or Heaven)
4. they claim you have to do penance before you can be totally forgiven (if that is so, what did Christ accomplished on the cross? is the Blood of Jesus not power to atone for the sinner?)

THE SEAT OF THE POPE IS THE THRONE OF SATAN ON EARTH. MIND YOU SATAN IS A DECEIVER, HE COMES IN DISGUISE.
read Daniel chapter 9 and Revelation 13 for more information.

God Bless You!
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Carlosein(m): 10:17am On Jan 30, 2009
St Paul:

THE SEAT OF THE POPE IS THE THRONE OF SATAN ON EARTH. MIND YOU SATAN IS A DECEIVER, HE COMES IN DISGUISE.
read Daniel chapter 9 and Revelation 13 for more information.

God Bless You!

i do mind you st paul, satan is indeed a deceiver in disguise, he is disguised as YOU!
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by ttalks(m): 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2009
As for Mary.

11:19 Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of the covenant could be seen in the temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder, and earthquake, and a violent hailstorm.

12:1 A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
12:5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. Her child was caught up to God and his throne.

Mary is the ark of the covenant. She carried the Word of God in her womb for nine months, and we see in Revelations the ark of the covenant has now taken the shape of a woman.

You assume Mary is the woman clothed with the sun with the moon under her feet,and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
Have you ever considered that it could not be Mary but rather is Israel?!!
Did you try to relate the issue about the sun,moon and twelve stars with Joseph's dream in Genesis 37:9-11?
Remember,Jacob represents Israel and was represented by the sun in the dream,Rachael was represented by the moon,the eleven stars represented Joseph's brothers;and definitely Joseph is the twelfth star in the revelation as he is now among the other tribes of Israel(12 tribes).

Also remember that Israel was often represented as a woman(Isaiah 54:1-6,Jeremaiah 3:20,Ezekiel 16:8-14,etc).

Looking at Revelaions 12:2,

Rev 12:2
(2)  And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

The pain and travail during the birth represent the travail and pain of israel at the time of the birth of Jesus; under Roman oppression and occupation.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2009
@ttalks,
please who gave birth to JESUS ,Isreal or Mary.Are trying to trivialiase the role of Mary in the incarnation?
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Carlosein(m): 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2009
chukwudi, that has been the whole point all along.

at the mention of mary, their keyboards become constipated and spew gibberish.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by honeric01(m): 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2009
~Lady~:

Please enough with the insults, if you are true christian, you would actually be Christ-like and stop insulting people anyhow.

How's this an insult? with the way most Catholics on here have been interpreting the bible, it's enough to make me think this is actually the way "most" Catholics were taught to understand the bible

So you admit that Mary is the Mother of God, if so why are you all whining and crying that we call her the Mother of God?
Hey lady, stop trying to paint me, Mary was the vessel which God used as his earthly mother to bring Jesus into this world to do his job, God would have as well just sent Jesus into this earth directly but because He wanted him to come in Flesh so that he can be justified through flesh his authenticity,Her Job has the mother stopped after Jesus started his ministry, that was why Jesus always used the word "Woman" to describe Mary in the scriptures

Also do you even know what the tradition of the Church is about Mary?
I think i do, that's why Catholics have her status in all of their cathedral

Do you even know that the Bible (the New Testament) is also a tradition of the Church? so you might want to discard it.
Not only the tradition of a true "church" but also the guidelines to be followed to the end with addition or subtraction.

Since you've admitted that Mary is the Mother of God, how infact do you expect God to treat his own mother?
If she was also born this same way Jesus was born, hers would have been different from other women, The fact that She gave birth to Jesus didn't make her an immortal, rather because she also believed and accepted Jesus, that's why she has a place in heaven come the last day.
Should he treat her like he treats the rest of us? Would you treat your mother the same way you treat any other person, or does she hold a special place in your heart?
Stop treating something unnatural with a natural thinking, Mary was favored by God for her role in the working of Jesus on Earth and nothing more and she got that favor by being the mother of Christ here on earth and she was honored among her peers back then.

Since you admit that Mary is the Mother of God, do you think she is so unimportant to him that he would let her body rot in the ground? If you had the power to keep your mother from rotting wouldn't you keep her from rotting?
You telling me Mary never died? show me with biblical backings, and i will stop debating on this issue

You're right Elizabeth was, infact it parallels to the what David said when the ark came to him, notice that it was almost the exact words used by both Elizabeth and David.
Mary was never the ark lady, well, i don't know how to tell you this, but i guess your interpretation of prophesies in the bible has to do with this.

David: How is it that the ark of the Lord would come to me? please you need to pray well, i mean the real prayer to God with a clear intention before you read the bible again so that the holy spirit can put forth a thorough explanation of prophesies in the bible for you to understand and interpret
Elizabeth: How is it that the Mother of my Lord would come to me?
For God sake, if you knew that your cousin was carrying an unnatural baby, and her knowing well that she was chosen by God to carry out his mission, wouldnt she have spoken out this way?

See the similarity there, what can you deduce from that?

David also leapt for joy when the ark came to him, guess who leapt for joy when Mary came to Elizabeth? God almighty, now i see, it's too late

The Catholic Church does not teach that Jesus isn't our mediator, and she doesn't teach that anyone is equal to Jesus or can take the place of Jesus. About the only one that is authorised to pray for us in the realm of the spirit is Jesus is false, the Bible disagrees with you on that. Jesus himself tells us that the angels of the little ones are praying for them and interceding on their behalf.
Matthew 18:10 See that you despise not one of these little ones: for I say to you, that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.
So even if that is "false as you claimed" where then did Jesus say Mary or the bible said Mary can intercede for us here on Earth, the angels of the lord are always there to take our prayers up to God, but Jesus is the mediator and intercedes on our behave. taking the prayers up to God and interceding is a two different thing

Nothing in the Bible states that we are in the Church are cut off from one another after death. How can we be one body if we are cut off from one another? When people die in Christ do they stop ceasing to be in the body of Christ?
There is no connection between the dead and the living lady, i forgot the bible chapter and verse that clearly stated that one, It's appointed unto a man to die once, and after that comes judgment. and there is no relationship with the dead and the bible, those that died in Christ remain dead until the resurrection hour.

We also know that it is possible for people to already be in heaven, as we see that in the transfiguration Moses and Elijah appear to Jesus and converse with him. According to the Bible it isn't unusual. Also in Revelations the twelve apostles and the twelve tribes of Israel are seen in the temple of God.
And why is it that They only conversed with Jesus and not with the rest of the disciples? Jesus also appeared to his disciples 3 times after resurrection and never did again.

Revelations 4:4 Surrounding the throne I saw twenty-four other thrones on which twenty-four elders sat, dressed in white garments and with gold crowns on their heads.
Not only were they there they also offered the prayers of the holy ones (US)
that was in the vision, is this how you interpret the bible why not pray to the angels instead of a status called Mary who is as human as another person on earth except for the fact that God used and honored her among women in her time just as he used many other people in the bible and blessed them?b]

Revelations 5:8 When he took it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each of the elders held a harp and gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of the holy ones.
[b]same as above

So much for the apostles not haven been in heaven. Their bodies haven't risen but their souls are with the Lord. We all have our personal judgment that takes place at our death, but at the end time, all will be revealed for everyone to see and our souls will be reunited with our bodies. Our souls don't just wonder around.
their souls are in paradise and not heaven yet

As for Mary.

Your interpretation says the ark is Mary?

According to your interpretation which is totally wrong, that prophesy wasn't referring to one person, someone already interpreted this verses in this thread before, please go take a clue from it
It also mentioned "whatever sins you retain are retained them" are we allowed not to forgive sins too?
We as individuals, we are allowed to forgive sins, so that makes it a job every believer should do and not one particular person in a church or a community. God is the supreme being who have the final right to accept the confession and dish out forgiveness not a pope, father, pastor or a priest.

Well thank God you believe the same thing we do. I was beginning to worry about you ya know.
We don't believe in the same thing, because what you practice is not what i practice. My bible states that I should not worship, bow down or praise any idols or images in any form or shape and that i believe in. and also should not erect any idol or image of any kind.

I said i don't want to be drawn into this argument or debate, so i am leaving with this line.
Seek The holy spirit, ask that he comes into you willingly.
Please seek the help of the HOLY SPIRIT in understanding and interpreting most part of the bible, try to wipe out any pre-concluded thoughts and thinking in your mind before you venture into it and make sure you serve God and God only according to the bible's instructions.

I hope we all make it to Heaven if at the end, we seek the true salvation and Jesus that died for our redemption.

You also need to be baptized in the right way which is through immersion. (Baptism of the dipping of one's total body in the water) and also of the holy spirit.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Janssen: 9:02pm On Jan 30, 2009
@~Lady~
Thanks for the compliments. God bless you.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by ttalks(m): 10:48am On Feb 01, 2009
chukwudi44:

@ttalks,
please who gave birth to JESUS ,Isreal or Mary.Are trying to trivialiase the role of Mary in the incarnation?

As regards Revelation 12, a number of entities have been ascribed to the woman clothed with the sun, the moon at her feet and a garland of twelve stars on her head. The entities include:
- Israel
- Mary
- The Church

Now, in situations like this, the best way to determine the right entity to be associated with the woman is  by applying an elimination process.

First of all, the woman is said to be clothed with the sun, the moon at her feet and a garland of twelve stars on her head. As I said in my last comment, this has to be related to Joseph's dream in Genesis 37:9-11. The dream showed Jacob(who is Israel) to be the sun, Rachael to be the moon, and the eleven stars to be Joseph's brothers. Now in the case of Revelation 12, the sun still represents the same thing; Israel, the moon still Rachael; the mother of the twelve stars which are the twelve tribes of Israel; Joseph making up the twelfth star.
And as I pointed out before, Israel has always been depicted to be a woman:
Isaiah 54:1-6,Jeremaiah 3:20,Ezekiel 16:8-14,etc

Now, these attributes can only be attributed to Israel and not Mary, and not the Church.

Going on to Revelation 12:2,

Rev 12:2
(2)  And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

In this case, one could say the possibilities of the women who could have been in this situation were:
- Mary; because she obviously must have gone through birth pains to give birth to Jesus
- Israel; because she too was under the travails and pains of the Roman oppression and occupation during the time of Jesus' birth(Michah 5,Jeremiah 4:3,6:24,13:21,30:1-cool.
The church can't even be counted in these possibilities as will be shown below:

Revelation 12:5
(5)  And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

We all know that Christ brought about or gave birth to the church and not the other way around. So, that knocks off the church from being the woman. We are now left with two possibilities; Mary and Israel.

To show that the scenario being painted above could not exclusively be related to Mary, Balaam's prophecy shows a relation to the above verse granting Israel also the right to that scenario:

Num 24:17-19
(17)  I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.
(18)  And Edom shall be a possession, Seir also shall be a possession for his enemies; and Israel shall do valiantly.
(19)  Out of Jacob shall come he that shall have dominion, and shall destroy him that remaineth of the city.

While it is true that Mary gave birth to Jesus, it is also true that Jesus, the son of David from the tribe of Judah, came from Israel. In a real sense, Israel gave birth—or brought forth—Christ Jesus.

So, we're still left with the two women; Mary and Israel as the possibilities.

Going further:

Revelation 12:6
(6)  And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Now the above verse completely knocks off Mary from being the woman. There is nothing about Mary's life that refers to her fleeing into the wilderness to a place prepared for her of God. Rather, this can fully be related to Israel.

When it speaks of the woman fleeing into the wilderness for 1,260 days, it is referring to the future time called the tribulation period. Twelve hundred sixty days is 42 months of 30 days each. 42 months is 3 1/2 years. Halfway through the tribulation period, the beast will set an image of himself up in the temple that will be built in Jerusalem. This is the abomination that Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24:15 and Mark 13:14. When the beast does this, he breaks the peace pact he made with Israel, and the nation has to flee for safety (also see Matthew 24; Daniel 9:27). This is the picture of the woman fleeing into the wilderness

Revelation 12:12-17 speaks of how the devil will make war against Israel, trying to destroy her (Satan knows his time is short, relatively speaking—see Revelation 20:1-3, 10). It also speaks of how God will protect Israel while in the wilderness. Note Revelation 12:14 where it says that Israel will be protected from the devil for "a time, times, and half a time (a time = 1 year -- 3 1/2 years).

So, it is pretty clear from all these that the woman in Revelations 12 is none other than Israel and NOT MARY!!!
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 01, 2009
ttalks,
.The woman in question gave birth to a child who was to rule over every nation,obviously this child is JESUS

.Since no other woman gave birth to Jesus,we can rightly deduce that this prophecy refers to Mary.

ISREAL DID NOT GIVE BIRTH TO JESUS
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by ttalks(m): 8:14pm On Feb 01, 2009
Chukwudi44,

For u to still say what u just said above kind of shows that u did not understand the analysis I carried out above.
Having the conclusion u have is based on a myopic viewing of what that passage could be saying. When it comes to interpreting the accounts of the book of revelations, a whole lot of resources from the bible have to be pulled in to get a proper conclusion.You don't just interpret on a limited or myopic stance.
Your conclusion that the woman is Mary is very faulty and very biased.
The analysis I made above is clear enough.I can't explain it better than that.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Carlosein(m): 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2009
ttalks:

As regards Revelation 12, a number of entities have been ascribed to the woman clothed with the sun, the moon at her feet and a garland of twelve stars on her head. The entities include:
- Israel
- Mary
- The Church

Now, in situations like this, the best way to determine the right entity to be associated with the woman is  by applying an elimination process.

Going further:

Revelation 12:6
(6)  And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Now the above verse completely knocks off Mary from being the woman. There is nothing about Mary's life that refers to her fleeing into the wilderness to a place prepared for her of God. Rather, this can fully be related to Israel.

When it speaks of the woman fleeing into the wilderness for 1,260 days, it is referring to the future time called the tribulation period. Twelve hundred sixty days is 42 months of 30 days each. 42 months is 3 1/2 years. Halfway through the tribulation period, the beast will set an image of himself up in the temple that will be built in Jerusalem. This is the abomination that Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24:15 and Mark 13:14. When the beast does this, he breaks the peace pact he made with Israel, and the nation has to flee for safety (also see Matthew 24; Daniel 9:27). This is the picture of the woman fleeing into the wilderness

Revelation 12:12-17 speaks of how the devil will make war against Israel, trying to destroy her (Satan knows his time is short, relatively speaking—see Revelation 20:1-3, 10). It also speaks of how God will protect Israel while in the wilderness. Note Revelation 12:14 where it says that Israel will be protected from the devil for "a time, times, and half a time (a time = 1 year -- 3 1/2 years).

So, it is pretty clear from all these that the woman in Revelations 12 is none other than Israel and NOT MARY!!!

mr almighty bible scholar, are you sure there is nothing in mary's life refering to fleeing into the desert?

what about this one right after the child Jesus was born:

13Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you, for Herod is about to search for the child, to destroy him." 14And he rose and took the child and his mother by night and departed to Egypt 15and remained there until the death of Herod.(R) This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, "Out of Egypt I called my son."

matt. ch. 2: 13-15.

there goes your "whole lot of resources have to be considered" when you have knowingly or otherwise missed this one.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2009
"The mother of God" that the RCC worship is not the same Mary of the Bible. She is the "queen of heaven" that has been carefully incorporated to deceive multitudes into worshipping the counterfeit goddess. Jeremiah 7:17-18;44:16-17,20-29

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0040/0040_01.asp
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Carlosein(m): 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

"The mother of God" that the RCC worship is not the same Mary of the Bible. She is the "queen of heaven" that has been carefully incorporated to deceive multitudes into worshipping the counterfeit goddess. Jeremiah 7:17-18;44:16-17,20-29

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0040/0040_01.asp

and here comes reasoning through the anus!
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:09pm On Feb 02, 2009
What do you call this:

[list]
[li]Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?
The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
(Jeremiah 7:17-18)[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]"As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the LORD, we will not hearken unto thee.
But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil."
(Jeremiah 44:16-17)[/li]
[/list]

It is no wonder that you don't see the Bible as the final authority in all matters if you cannot see how the deception of this queen of heaven business came about.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by ttalks(m): 11:55pm On Feb 02, 2009
Carlosein,
I didn't miss out anything.Rather,you did.
The account of Mary which u referred to in Matthew does not relate in anyway at all to the woman in Revelation 12.
How?
I will show u below:
-The woman fled into the wilderness(not the desert as u put it) and she had a place prepared for her.This is not Egypt.
-You should have noticed that the woman fled into the wilderness after her child was caught up to God and not before.The catching up to God refers to when Jesus ascended into heaven after his resurrection.
Her fleeing was after his ascension.
Mary's fleeing to Egypt was when Christ was still a child and many years away from his death,resurrection and ascension.
-Also,the time period for which the woman was to be in the wilderness does not in anyway relate to Mary's stay in Egypt(although it is pointless saying this after saying the second point above),but it does surely relate to Israel based on Daniel's vision/prophecy in Daniel 9 and Christ's sayings in Matthew 24.
-Also,it is very clear that the dragon was after the woman and not the child since the child had gone to God.Mary's flee to Egypt was because Herod was after her child;not her.
The only reference to when Herod was after the child is in revelation 12:4;where the dragon wanted to devour the child as soon as it was born.
The accounts of revelation 12 with reference to the fleeing of the woman is a prophecy on stuff yet to happen from the time of the revelation and not stuff that had happened.The stuff that had happened stopped with the child being caught up to heaven.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 02, 2009
Nice topic. I would have posted but if i have to stand Lady's long long meaningless tomes again i will strike my keyboard. grin
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:20am On Feb 03, 2009
[b from the book: Understanding Roman Catholism - by Rick Jones[/b]
Mary: Queen Over All Things[/b]

Catholicism contends that at Mary's death, the Lord took her up into heaven and gave her the title, "Queen over all things:"

[list]
[li]"Finally the Immaculate Virgin, preserved free from all stain of original sin, when the course of her earthly life was finished, was taken up body and soul into heavenly glory, and exalted by the Lord as Queen over all things." Pg. 252, #966 [/li]
[/list]

Once again, Catholic doctrine and the Word of God have a head-on collision. Scripture not only never teaches such a doctrine, it condemns it. In Jeremiah 44: 9, we read about the worship of a false goddess known as the "Queen of heaven," a practice which made God furious:

[list]
[li]"The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger." Jeremiah 7:18  [/li]
[/list]

Why did these people worship this false goddess called the Queen of heaven? It was a tradition of men that had been handed down to them:

[list]
[li]"But we will,  burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, " Jeremiah 44:17  [/li]
[/list]

Has Catholicism handed down the same pagan ritual that infuriates God?

Pagan religions

Although it is beyond the reach of this book, curious Catholics would be fascinated by a study of the many false religions which have worshipped a "Queen of heaven." Given that fact, Catholicism's insistence that God gave Mary a name so often used by false goddesses is remarkable.

Who should be exalted?

[list]
[li]Though Catholicism insists upon exalting Mary, the Bible exalts only God Almighty:
above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth." Psalm 57:5
", thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all." 1 Chronicles 29:11

", let the God of my salvation be exalted." Psalm 18:46

"Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength, " Psalm 21:13

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

", the shields of the earth belong unto God: he is greatly exalted." Psalm 47:9

"The LORD is exalted; for he dwelleth on high, " Isaiah 33:5
"Be thou exalted, O God,[/li]
[/list]

God receives glory through Jesus Christ

The Bible declares that God receives glory through the Lord Jesus Christ. In the New Testament, the name " Jesus" appears 943 times. The name "Christ" appears 533 times, while the words "Lord Jesus" appear 115 times.

The first four books of the New Testament chronicle the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus, while the rest of the New Testament revolves around Him.

Mary, on the other hand, appears in God's Word only a handful of times, and is never referred to as a queen of anything:

[list]
[li]"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him (Jesus), and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; Philippians 2:9-10
", Worthy is the Lamb that was slain (Jesus) to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12 [/li]
[/list]

Who should receive all glory? God,  through Jesus Christ:

[list]
[li]", that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:11
"Him (Jesus) hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins." Acts 5:31 [/li]
[/list]

I'm sure you see the pattern again. While the Bible strives to exalt Jesus Christ, Catholicism is determined to demote Jesus and exalt Mary.

Why is Jesus Christ, the One who sacrificed His life and suffered the cruel torture of the cross, set aside and replaced by a mere mortal woman?

Conclusion

Catholicism insists that the Lord elevated Mary to the rank of "Queen of all things." Yet, the Bible proclaims that worshipping a "Queen of heaven" provokes God to anger.

Where will you place your trust, in the traditions of men, or the Word of God?

[list]
[li]"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him (Jesus), and given him a name which is above every name, " Philippians 2:9-11 [/li]
[/list]

http://www.chick.com/reading/books/160/160_21.asp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Endtimes : Commonsense Reasons Why Jesus Returns Before 2040 - Don Koenig / Why You Shouldn't Wait To See Hell Fire First Before You Believe That It Exists / Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 237
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.