Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,129 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:03 AM

Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? (14217 Views)

Should Catholic Tradition Have Equal Or Greater Authority Than The Bible? / Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Bobbyaf(m): 6:35am On Mar 02, 2009
I have often seen on EWTN how the priests conduct the eucharist, and have noticed that after everyone is served the wafer, and wine that the priests drink all of the wine. What I want to hear from a honest catholic member if the wine is fermented or not.

There have been reports of recovery efforts for Catholic priests, and the statistics is growing.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Bobbyaf(m): 5:05am On Mar 04, 2009
I once heard a member of the RCC who said one of the reasons he stopped going to church services was because the priest smokes. Do you think that pastors, priests, and others leading out in church services should smoke? Do you think that it is ok for a Christian to smoke?
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Bobbyaf(m): 7:00pm On Mar 16, 2009
Have the advocates of Catholicism disappeared? grin I have posted some questions which have gone unanswered? Is the spirit of lent being used as an excuse? cry
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Bobbyaf(m): 8:51am On Mar 18, 2009
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Bobbyaf(m): 8:53am On Jul 02, 2009
Where are the Catholic apologetics?
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by otokx(m): 9:12am On Jul 02, 2009
some of them are mourning the death of MJ
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Bobbyaf(m): 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2009
Not surprised if some of them don't actually worship him.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Bobbyaf(m): 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2009
Spoke to a Catholic member as to why they baptized babies, and he couldn't even supply a biblical basis for such. I felt sorry for him.

I further asked him to explain how has the RCC come to accept sprinkling as baptism. He said he'd have to get back to me on that matter.

Are there any able Catholic willing to explain the above?
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by afiq(m): 5:03am On Jan 30, 2010
@ poster

Obviously u know NOTHING about the Bible. Who are you to judge or to critic the Catholics for something u don't understand? U remind me of someone, SATAN.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Bobbyaf(m): 5:03am On Feb 01, 2010
The same thing was said about Jesus when he spoke the truth. Am I surprised that you'd have made such remarks? Naaaah! wink
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by SmashingM(f): 11:43am On Feb 16, 2010
I've read some of the replies to this topic and i must say that the Catholic church is a hot topic anyday, anytime.
My question is; if you claim to know so much about the church why are you asking questions?

I believe in the teachings of the church and will continue to do so.

You have tried, tested and passed judgement, keep it up.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by omoimole: 8:20pm On Nov 15, 2010
dear catholic and other friends. jesus christ is waiting for you. i pray that his love will overshadow you and draw you to himself. may he reveal himself to you in the most compelling way. time is running out fast for all of us. may we not be the loser at the end. god 'gave his son' (john 3:16), the one who 'receives him' god gives power to become a 'son' (john 1:10-12). the door remains open.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by malabite: 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2010
lol
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by TheClown: 4:08am On Dec 01, 2010
Bobbyaf:

Spoke to a Catholic member as to why they baptized babies, and he couldn't even supply a biblical basis for such. I felt sorry for him.

I further asked him to explain how has the RCC come to accept sprinkling as baptism. He said he'd have to get back to me on that matter.

Are there any able Catholic willing to explain the above?

@Bobbyaf

Before I answer your question, I want you to tell me, is Baptism necessary to get a man into heaven or not? What really is the significance of Baptism in Christianity, in order words, what is Baptism?

You question would be sufficiently answered.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by TheClown: 4:17am On Dec 01, 2010
Bobbyaf:

I once heard a member of the RCC who said one of the reasons he stopped going to church services was because the priest smokes. Do you think that pastors, priests, and others leading out in church services should smoke? Do you think that it is ok for a Christian to smoke?

@Bobbyaf

Based on the fact that you are tied to bible and all it teaches, I would answer you in that manner;

where is it written in the Bible that a person should not smoke?

My answer goes to the person that said he refused to attand church services because a priest smoke;
If smoking is a sin, the priest would answer for his sin before God on the day of reckoning. And if because you a person feels a priest is a sinner thus you can abandon you God, you would personally answer for yourself on that day too. The priest for himself and every man for himself.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by TheClown: 11:02am On Dec 01, 2010
Bobbyaf:

Let me repeat this question once more so that our Catholic friends can hear it. Does the wine that the priests administer in what is called the holy communion contain alcohol, or not?

@Bobbyaf

Yes, the alter wine used by Catholics for the holy communion contains alcohol.

And may I ask you a question;

Does the wine Jesus Christ shared with his apostle at the last supper contain alcohol or not?

Your problem is that your world revolves around the your warped version of protestantism and the lies fed into you. For your information, alcohol is not bad, and I know you would cry your eyes dry over that one again.

Too bad how myopic bigots come here to run their mouths without knowledge.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by tpavilon(f): 11:43pm On Dec 29, 2010
Only a fool'a thorough one'would follow the church without having proper scriptural backing. And before anyone begins to criticise me. I am a religious scholar and it is well known in the religious world that the roman catholics have the highest amount of heresies ever known to any other church(no offense to the catholics). In as much as this fact remains that of which is always argued by blinded catholics,the truth remains that choosing a church to belong has more to do with researching the foundation and history of the church. Lets not fool ourselves with the origin,most families have beautiful first parents but along the line,certain bastards come in.
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by jizziugo: 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2011
Being true to the church is being true to the bible. Everything in canon law is based on biblical law. God bless you
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by jizziugo: 12:14am On Jan 02, 2011
Read this article on Catholic baptism http://www.catholic.com/library/Infant_Baptism.asp
Re: Catholic Tradition Above The Bible: Is That Safe? by Gideonyte(m): 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2012
Im wondering if Mary is to be venerated as mother of God, how about Mary's mother that bore her? She should also be venerated for being the wonderful vessel that brought forth the mother of God! Oh sorry, I forgot about Mary's Grandmother who brought forth her mother!

You'll see that this reasoning propagates backward in time and the whole line of Mary must be exalted then. That's why the bible teaches that God was the one in the form of Jesus who reconciled the world to Himself and no man or woman was good enough for this. Please see below:

2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Hebrews 2:17
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto [his] brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make RECONCILIATION for the sins of the people.

The only way to heaven my brothers and sisters is through God only (Jesus Christ), no human, pastor or pope can guarantee that or else they would have been called by God to die on the cross of calvary.

I'll sign out with this scripture:

John 3:16
For GOD SO LOVED THE world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' / Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad? / Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.