Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

5 Facts About Forgiveness - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Facts About Forgiveness (24916 Views)

5 Truths About Forgiveness / Christians And Addiction: 5 Facts About Addiction That You Need To Understand / The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by parisbookaddict(f): 10:22am On Feb 22, 2015
tola9ja:

this one nnko

Matthew 10:34Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Not Peace, but a Sword

34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Ok. .wow.. so I explain the other one to you and u don't say thanks, u still throw another one in ur pursuit of moral equivalence. ..

Okay here is that passage and its explanation;

Matthew 10:34-35
King James Version (KJV)

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

*** u quoted verse 34 without 35 because it explains the proper context. Most atheists and Muslims avoid 35.

This is one of the verses Christ tells believers what to expect if we decide to follow him. And it is actually happening.

Muslims kill their family members if a member decides to leave Islam and become Christians, its in their sh'aria law. You know of the case in Sudan where a man reported his own sister for being a christain and she was sentenced to death. But as God would have it she is alive and well in the USA today despite calls for her execution by her own muslim family.

Even in Nigeria, in the time of the missionaries fathers disowned sons who abandoned serving their traditional deity and went to church. Even communists killed whole families for their believe in Christ. The use of the word "sword" is clearly a metaphor. Jesus spoke in timeless parables, he also used hyperbole and retheoric.

And just as the verse proclaimed there is no peace on earth because the kingdom is yet to come.

now u can bring another and I will explain it to u...no matter how u try u can't compare the word of God to the book of Mohammed (quran ).

be smart and renounce islam..

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by parisbookaddict(f): 10:35am On Feb 22, 2015
Empiree:

Answer:
The scientific facts about some animals' urine:

A comment from sister Nicole Woods, an American young sister who embraced Islam; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with her: "I just wanted to share the news with you that in products such as tylenol or asparine (not sure which but u can check the labels), there is an ingredient called PREMARIN. Biology majors here tell me that the name stands for PREgnant MARe urIN. Of course, no one would put unprocessed urine into medication... i'm sure it's boiled or pasteurized or something. But the ingredient is used very much in the way the prophet (peace be upon him) suggested using camel urine.. such as for headaches. oh, well, i'm sure to you it sounds disgusting... think of it next time u reach for tylenol or asparine *wink*"

Further from a Muslimah, who works in the Medical field as a Mammographer; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with her: "Estrogen product called PREMARIN is given to postmenopausal Women. This PREMARIN is extracted from HORSE URINE. The Estrogen product is hormones given to women."

Further from brother Abu Adam on my Message Board; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him:

"Here is another miracle in the Hadeeth. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in a hadeeth told someone to drink camel's urine as a medical treatment.

Of course the ignorant Christians love to mock this hadeeth. Even I, thought this was a strange hadeeth. But look, in America, they have been driking horse urine for a long time as a cure.

Just like the Quran says, 41:53: "Soon will We show them our Signs in the (furthest) regions (of the earth), and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth. Is it not enough that thy Lord doth witness all things?"

Further from brother Abdul Hafiz; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him.

The Prophet prescribing Camel Urine as medicine:

First of all, let us clarify the reason and story behind the prescription. Some people had become very ill at the time of the prophet, and were suffering from an unknown illness. Their bellies had swollen and they were not in a fit state. Hence, the prophet said to them, that they would find a cure in the milk and urine of a camel and so he sent them out to an area where camels were grazing. These men went to this area and drank the milk and urine. Sure enough, just like the Prophet said, they were cured and became fit and healthy.

However, at the same time, evil thoughts entered their minds and they decided they wanted the camels for themselves. They therefore killed the owner, and made off with the camels. When news of the murder reached the prophet, he sent an envoy to capture the men, and when they were captured and brought before the prophet, capital punishment was meted out to them.

Having read this story, what do we conclude from it? The answering islam team would have us believe that this Hadith means that drinking camel urine is permissible in Islam. This is INCORRECT. The real meaning of this Hadith is that if a person needs to consume an impure and impermissible substance as a cure for an illness, and no other reasonable alternative is available, then it is permissible. In all other circumstances, camel urine is prohibited.

Wassalaam

http://www.answering-christianity.com/urine.htm

Hahahaaaaa. .. u claim to defend Islam yet u quote Osama Abdallah of answering christainity...I have known Osama Abdallah for months and he is a well known lair and fabricator of "facts"... he is a fat muslim that even muslims dont take serious..

he is such a funny guy, a lost conspiracy theorist. .Look below for one of his states I captured. .

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Empiree: 10:37am On Feb 22, 2015
parisbookaddict:

[s]Hahahaaaaa. .. u claim to defend Islam yet u quote Osama Abdallah of answering christainity...I have known Osama Abdallah for months and he is a well known lair and fabricator of "facts"... he is a fat muslim that even muslims dont take serious..

he is such a funny guy, a lost conspiracy theorist. .Look below for one of his states I captured. [/s].
And i have known him for yrs. Oponu
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Horlufemi(m): 10:44am On Feb 22, 2015
tola9ja:
LUKE 19-27King James Version (KJV)

But those mine enemies{ OREMUSSANCTUS}, which would not want me to reign over them, bring them, and [size=17pt]slay[/size] them before me.

Luke 19:11 ASV

And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they supposed that the kingdom of God was immediately to appear.

=================

You have nothing on Jesus. Jesus never mentioned killing anyone, he's not a murderer like Mohammed.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Horlufemi(m): 11:07am On Feb 22, 2015
tola9ja:

this one nnko

Not Peace, but a Sword

34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

read after that verse u will notice something that indicates division in a family.

Matthew 10:34-35 ASV

Think not that I came to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law:

Sword here is metaphorical. the same Jesus when he was being arrested told peter to put away his sword. those who live by the sword die by the sword.

Jesus is not Mohammed. Mohammed is a murderer, narcissist and possessed. I pity sane people following insane people. Islam is a lie. A lie would be destroyed by truth only.

Enjoy your lies.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Horlufemi(m): 11:12am On Feb 22, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Ok. .wow.. so I explain the other one to you and u don't say thanks, u still throw another one in ur pursuit of moral equivalence. ..

Okay here is that passage and its explanation;

Matthew 10:34-35
King James Version (KJV)

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

*** u quoted verse 34 without 35 because it explains the proper context. Most atheists and Muslims avoid 35.

This is one of the verses Christ tells believers what to expect if we decide to follow him. And it is actually happening.

Muslims kill their family members if a member decides to leave Islam and become Christians, its in their sh'aria law. You know of the case in Sudan where a man reported his own sister for being a christain and she was sentenced to death. But as God would have it she is alive and well in the USA today despite calls for her execution by her own muslim family.

Even in Nigeria, in the time of the missionaries fathers disowned sons who abandoned serving their traditional deity and went to church. Even communists killed whole families for their believe in Christ. The use of the word "sword" is clearly a metaphor. Jesus spoke in timeless parables, he also used hyperbole and retheoric.

And just as the verse proclaimed there is no peace on earth because the kingdom is yet to come.

now u can bring another and I will explain it to u...no matter how u try u can't compare the word of God to the book of Mohammed (quran ).

be smart and renounce islam..

I didn't see this, already quoted the (kill for Allah is OK) guy. God bless you
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Horlufemi(m): 11:14am On Feb 22, 2015
tola9ja:

this one nnko

Not Peace, but a Sword

Jesus * infinity > muhammed
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Rilwayne001: 11:31am On Feb 22, 2015
Empiree:

Thats the alternate acct ifeann is using, better ignore her/he
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by parisbookaddict(f): 11:44am On Feb 22, 2015
Empiree:

for the fact u have known him for years and still quote from his silly site shows how daft u chose to be...I have personally told Osama Abdullah he is an incredibly silly man for all his fabrications and stupidity..

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by devour129: 12:03pm On Feb 22, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
grin
please stop in the name of God . It's no worth it
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
generalissimo:
Pls help clarify this situation. I readily forgive people who offend me but it's not possible they offend me in the same or similar way again cos I will never leave any chance for such situation to repeat itself. It's almost impossible to betray me twice cos I will forgive u for betraying me in the first place but u've lost my trust forever. The second betrayal wont be a betrayal per se cos I wouldnt have trusted the person in the instance. I have peace of mind cos I'm not bitter about anyone who have offended me, who I'm seeking revenge or hurt against . Most of the time, we may be in talking terms but I put them at arms length subconsciously even after forgetting and forgiving them. I wanna ask: is this the kinda Forgiveness the bible preaches?
Yeah, there's nothing bad in your kind of forgiveness.

I presume you don't want to take chances in terms of being friends with him/her/them to avoid any future problem.

Your own task is to forgive and you've already done it.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by generalissimo(m): 12:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
FrancisTony:

Yeah, there's nothing bad in your kind of forgiveness.

I presume you don't want to take chances in terms of being friends with him/her/them to avoid any future problem.

Your own task is to forgive and you've already done it.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
generalissimo:
Pls help clarify this situation. I readily forgive people who offend me but it's not possible they offend me in the same or similar way again cos I will never leave any chance for such situation to repeat itself. It's almost impossible to betray me twice cos I will forgive u for betraying me in the first place but u've lost my trust forever. The second betrayal wont be a betrayal per se cos I wouldnt have trusted the person in the instance. I have peace of mind cos I'm not bitter about anyone who have offended me, who I'm seeking revenge or hurt against . Most of the time, we may be in talking terms but I put them at arms length subconsciously even after forgetting and forgiving them. I wanna ask: is this the kinda Forgiveness the bible preaches?
Unlike you I forgive and I go back trusting even more than I use to. My mum will say I trust easily.

I unconsciously offended a friend last year and all through I just kept saying I don't know what I did to her. I spoke to her and even tho I still don't understand anything till today I still went begging her. I begged her for months, she will just say okey but I noticed so much difference in her. I kept trying but at a point I told myself once its Jan 1st and still the same I will let go. Indeed Jan came and I didn't get a simple HNY msg from her so I allowed her to go. I deleted all out chats and msgs with everything except her number which I kept because I night decide to holla anytime.

I did not delete everything because I got tired but because I can't force or beg anybody to be my friend. I live a free live and I see life as....its...its just there and life is not as hard as we take it to be. I'm a very simple person and knowing I have ish with people makes my heart very heavy so I avoid not to so these days I keep friends no more.

I think you share my friend's kind of forgiveness, you forgive them but try to be very careful thats why you act the way you do but I want to ask you this. I deleted all I have of my friend because they were making me feel worst. Each time I look at them and remember how good we use to be I became hurt so I deleted all so as to feel a bit better even Knowing the fact that I don't know what went wrong really. Now my question is this, do you feel comfortable staying away like you discribed?

@francistony do you think I forgive too much? Or I'm not doing it right or something?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
I think you are right... Most times I tell myself that I have forgiven.... But when something comes up... people around me ... Especially my husband would complain that I didn't forgive.
loomer:

I BELIEVE YOU DO FORGIVE, BUT MAYBE U FIND IT DIFFICULT TO FORGET.

IF YOU DON'T FORGIVE, CLOSE TO HALF OF NIGERIA'S POPULATION FOR BE UR ENEMY.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
Who is this uncircumcised baboon? #numbskull.
mikketech:
na so. People will also find it difficult to forgive u. See mouth like I have a challenge. So u never sin before? Mumu
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
How do you do it? Share the secret please.

Me, when someone offends me(especially when we ain't close) I see my self withdrawing.
milychocs:

Hi...people are really different
I am soo forgiving it is almost a disease!

So bad that if I feel someone is sorry, or trying to make amends...they wouldnt even say so.. and I am making life very easy for them, I even become apologetic and say sorry for something too cheesy
Very bad
Sappy me
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
Amen!
FrancisTony:

You welcome!

The Lord is your strength...
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
How do you do it? Share the secret please.

Me, when someone offends me(especially when we ain't close) I see my self withdrawing.
I think its who we are. I can't even keep malice, if I see the person it will be like my heart is going to burst. If I have a misunderstanding with anybody, even tho I'm not at fault or I am I beg just to let peace stay and also give my heart some rest else I will be going lean.

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
madjune:

What you have is a symptom of low self esteem.

I'm sorry.

Deaddd
No need to be sorry about having an opinion
Have a happy Sunday
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by GatJokez(f): 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
FrancisTony:

Thanks,

But I don't need any quaranic quote here. Go to your section and create a thread.

undecided

What's wrong with comparing holy Scriptures from different religions? It is actually very interesting and educative when you find that different religions pretty much have similar teachings. We have one God!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
GatJokez:

What's wrong with comparing holy Scriptures from different religions? It is actually very interesting and educative when you find that different religions pretty much have similar teachings. We have one God!!
I know. He understands my post.

We are friends actually. wink

2 Likes

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by generalissimo(m): 2:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
Herzumpther:
Unlike you I forgive and I go back trusting even more than I use to. My mum will say I trust easily.

I unconsciously offended a friend last year and all through I just kept saying I don't know what I did to her. I spoke to her and even tho I still don't understand anything till today I still went begging her. I begged her for months, she will just say okey but I noticed so much difference in her. I kept trying but at a point I told myself once its Jan 1st and still the same I will let go. Indeed Jan came and I didn't get a simple HNY msg from her so I allowed her to go. I deleted all out chats and msgs with everything except her number which I kept because I night decide to holla anytime.

I did not delete everything because I got tired but because I can't force or beg anybody to be my friend. I live a free live and I see life as....its...its just there and life is not as hard as we take it to be. I'm a very simple person and knowing I have ish with people makes my heart very heavy so I avoid not to so these days I keep friends no more.

I think you share my friend's kind of forgiveness, you forgive them but try to be very careful thats why you act the way you do but I want to ask you this. I deleted all I have of my friend because they were making me feel worst. Each time I look at them and remember how good we use to be I became hurt so I deleted all so as to feel a bit better even Knowing the fact that I don't know what went wrong really. Now my question is this, do you feel comfortable staying away like you discribed?

@francistony do you think I forgive too much? Or I'm not doing it right or something?
I'm not quite like dat friend of urs cos I hardly get really offended let alone demanding apology. I'm always conscious of the fact that human beings arent perfect, we are not the same character-wise. I get offended only when someone deliberately hurt me thinking he/she is right doing so. I'll forgive the person but I will just be conscious and wary of his/her weakness in character and avoid getting caught up in his/her net again. But I won't stop being friend with the person.

I think my inability to trust people easily even before they betray my trust is my nature. It's a policy I adopted in my subconscious due to some life experiences and philosophy.

As for u, u are not doing badly forgiving and trusting people so easily like that. I think it's also nature. I just hope life doesnt teach u otherwise
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 22, 2015
Herzumpther:

I didn't get the alert of this mention.
Just saw it now.

The uptmost thing is that you have already forgiven her. smiley
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
generalissimo:
I'm not quite like dat friend of urs cos I hardly get really offended let alone demanding apology. I'm always conscious of the fact that human beings arent perfect, we are not the same character-wise. I get offended only when someone deliberately hurt me thinking he/she is right doing so. I'll forgive the person but I will just be conscious and wary of his/her weakness in character and avoid getting caught up in his/her net again. But I won't stop being friend with the person.

I think my inability to trust people easily even before they betray my trust is my nature. It's a policy I adopted in my subconscious due to some life experiences and philosophy.

As for u, u are not doing badly forgiving and trusting people so easily like that. I think it's also nature. I just hope life doesnt teach u otherwise
Okey.

Hmmm it has taught me otherwise yet I still can't change that part of me. Each time I try I fail so l guess this is just who I am. Unforgiveness is just not my thing and I can't change it even tho I really want to. Now I stay away from people.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by madjune(m): 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
milychocs:

Deaddd
No need to be sorry about having an opinion
Have a happy Sunday

What does "happy sunday" mean?

Another typical patronising Nigerian expression.
I can imagine, you said it with a "dead" smile and plate in hand expecting a penny?
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
FrancisTony:

I didn't get the alert of this mention.
Just saw it now.

The uptmost thing is that you have already forgiven her. smiley
Okey.

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by GatJokez(f): 2:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
FrancisTony:

I know. He understands my post.

We are friends actually. wink

Friends picking on each other - knee slapping fun grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by slap1(m): 3:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
SkinnyDude:

anytime i remember what they did to my mum, my heart bleeds. because i wasn't with my mum the D-day. they beat my mum. though my Coz and i have fought them. but am still not satisfied. i want to see their blood flowing. even if it will take me 20years, am waiting. if eventually i didnt suceed, their children are there. i will pass it on them.
I pray God stops the bleeding in your heart and you forgive them.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nickymezor(f): 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
This is really nice, tnx fr sharing OP

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Empiree: 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Thats the alternate acct ifeann is using, better ignore her/he
That's her...seriously?. Okay, now i know. How did you know that?. I kicked the hell out of her that's why she put on another "clothing"
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
madjune:

What does "happy sunday" mean?

Another typical patronising Nigerian expression.
I can imagine, you said it with a "dead" smile and plate in hand expecting a penny?

Well I am sorry
...do you wanna have a sad Sunday?
If so, why, be my guest......knock yourself out
Cheers
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Rilwayne001: 5:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
Empiree:
That's her...seriously?. Okay, now i know. How did you know that?. I kicked the hell out of her that's why she put on another "clothing"

She created the acct yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Why Criticism Of Religion Is Important In Contemporary Africa / Princewill Iheme: Only Igbo President Will Save Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.