Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

5 Facts About Forgiveness - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Facts About Forgiveness (24909 Views)

5 Truths About Forgiveness / Christians And Addiction: 5 Facts About Addiction That You Need To Understand / The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by speener(m): 1:47am On Feb 22, 2015
Well said, and detailed. Religion, in all its variety, is the opium, the highness of the world.
One question for everyone : has religion done more good to us in this world or has it done more harm? Wouldn't this world have been a more peaceful and happier place without religion? What good has religion been to us? [color=#990000][/color]
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by speener(m): 1:53am On Feb 22, 2015
Well said, and detailed. Religion, in all its variety, is the opium, the highness of the world.
One question for everyone : has religion done more good to us in this world or has it done more harm? Wouldn't this world have been a more peaceful and happier place without religion? What good has religion been to us?
franconian:
Forgive? Well I personally don't take things to heart but that's just me....it's not because of the bible quotations the OP cited above.

Now let's look at the bigger picture (from the bible viewpoint). God whom Christians claim to have commanded them to forgive had actually not led by example. He still keep enmity with Satan the Devil, hopefully awaiting the day he would destroy him totally.

Now, the bible admonishes us to forgive our offenders (perhaps, our enemies) yet the bible didn't record any attempt by God to make things right with Satan.

And now, God is using his creatures (humans) to prove to Satan that he is "da boss". Else, why would he expose the relatively weak human who did not even realise that he was naked to someone who was able to deceive perfect angels (who knew God personally) to fight against God? And the bible even recorded that heaven, God's abode, knew no peace until Satan and his gang where dismissed and banned from heaven. And that was when he was thrown down to earth (our realm) where humans would later reside?

I believe man was bound to fall, Satan is a very persistent being. If Eve had overcome him in that particular encounter, he will surely return to tempt them again until they eventually fall....He even tempted Christ 3 times. To me, Adam and Eve had no escape route considering that what is suppose to deter them from falling is death, which they knew nothing about....they don't even know if it is sweet or bitter. If angels could fall to Satan's trick, the first two humans had no real chance of succeeding.

To me, God is using us to flex muscles with the Devil. Man fell because Devil exist as an enemy of God...not a friend.
All what we suffer today is as a result of God's Unforgiven attribute!

If God could keep enmity, who are my

At times, I just want to let go of these things called religions cos so many things don't add up. And when you attempt to reason with their fanatics, they term you a blasphemer.

Religion is truly the opium of the people (at least, most people).

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Judie7654(f): 2:02am On Feb 22, 2015
Totally loved it!
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by cold(m): 3:14am On Feb 22, 2015
Funny how a loving & forgiving god loses his shìt over an ordinary apple (they call it séx) & throws the entire world,his creation into chaos. Now we need to pray,fast & pay tithes constantly just so we can rest assured our own forgiveness is on course & we don't end up in a massive burning furnace. Oh yes he's still a loving & forgiving god so please forgive & forget
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 3:37am On Feb 22, 2015
tola9ja:
LUKE 19-27King James Version (KJV)

But those mine enemies{ OREMUSSANCTUS}, which would not want me to reign over them, bring them, and [size=17pt]slay[/size] them before me.
do ya ve d latest pix of muhammed and aishat blowing demsellves grin
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Rilwayne001: 4:00am On Feb 22, 2015
elari:

U are a very stupid Ediot. U come here talking about forgiveness, yet ur actions shows u are a religious bigot. Thunder faya u dia

I forgive you
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Rilwayne001: 4:02am On Feb 22, 2015
babyosisi:

AND yet Allah says to cut off the hands of a chicken thief?
Why kill apostates and so called blasphemers?
Islam doesn't teach forgiveness please stop lying

Surah Al-Araf, Verse 199:
Hold to forgiveness; command what is right; But turn away from the ignorant.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by saviour1(m): 4:30am On Feb 22, 2015
I so much love massage, how I wish so many people will read this post. Goodmorning everyone and Happy sunday to you all.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by drkay9: 6:04am On Feb 22, 2015

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by SkinnyDude(m): 6:23am On Feb 22, 2015
my mum's sister and brother hurt her and ran away. i am still waiting for them anxiously to return. my item 7 is ready. if i dont pour them acid, i burst their head. forgiveness ke, forgiveness ni.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Sharksblow(m): 6:32am On Feb 22, 2015
FrancisTony:

Thanks,

But I don't need any quaranic quote here. Go to your section and create a thread.

undecided
This is exactly where the problem of the world start from. Which section did you buy on nl? Talking about forgiveness as God's command requires contribution from other religions believing in God. He only supported you views And did it correctly too. You talk about forgiveness not because you can even practice it; sending a fellow human being away to another section says it all. practice what you preach bro.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:34am On Feb 22, 2015
[size=28pt]THE GODS DO NOT FORGIVE!

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.[/size]
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 22, 2015
I don't take things to heart so......
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by slap1(m): 6:57am On Feb 22, 2015
I have no issues with forgiving people. I'm working on other aspects of my spiritual life.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by slap1(m): 7:01am On Feb 22, 2015
SkinnyDude:
my mum's sister and brother hurt her and ran away. i am still waiting for them anxiously to return. my item 7 is ready. if i dont pour them acid, i burst their head. forgiveness ke, forgiveness ni.
And you'll live with bitterness for as long as they are away? Think about it, you have a heavier weight in your heart than they probably do.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Bigcake: 7:04am On Feb 22, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Nice thread my friend..here is that the Quran also say about forgiveness.

Surah Ash-Shura, Verse 40:
But [remember that an attempt at] requiting evil may, too, become an evil: hence, whoever par­dons [his foe] and makes peace, his reward rests with God - for, verily, He does not love evildoers.

Surah Al-Araf, Verse 199:
[b] Hold to forgiveness; command what is right; But turn away from the ignorant.

Surah Al-Qasas, Verse 54:
These it is that shall receive a twofold reward for having been patient in adversity, and having repelled evil with good, and having spent on others out of what We provided for them as sus­tenance,

Surah Fussilat, Verse 34:
But [since] good and evil cannot be equal, repel thou [evil] with something that is better and lo! he between whom and thyself was enmity [may then become] as though he had [always] been close [unto thee], a true friend!
Bewarned, why u carry quran enter this place. Do muslim know the meaning of forgivingness? Or boko haram does?
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 22, 2015
Truckpusher:
Op nice thread.But the truth remains that there are some things you can't forgive unless the opportunity was never there for you to hit back.
I know... I'm not much a fanatic.
Just felt like penning this down
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 22, 2015
Sharksblow:

This is exactly where the problem of the world start from. Which section did you buy on nl? Talking about forgiveness as God's command requires contribution from other religions believing in God. He only supported you views And did it correctly too. You talk about forgiveness not because you can even practice it; sending a fellow human being away to another section says it all. practice what you preach bro.
What do you know about Religion section?
Muslims begged Seun to give them their section and before anyone will comment on it, he/she must take an oath in the name of Allah.

They should stay in their section without disturbance and stop intruding here.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by segxes23(m): 7:33am On Feb 22, 2015
This section is so.... Call it religious extremism on both sides at the highest possible leve. Jesus saves my soul, I don't have to fight for him. He already did the fighting on the cross.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Sharksblow(m): 7:55am On Feb 22, 2015
FrancisTony:

What do you know about Religion section?
Muslims begged Seun to give them their section and before anyone will comment on it, he/she must take an oath in the name of Allah.

They should stay in their section without disturbance and stop intruding here.
does that mean you have to do the same? why then are we talking about forgiveness?
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by parisbookaddict(f): 8:06am On Feb 22, 2015
tola9ja:
LUKE 19-27King James Version (KJV)

But those mine enemies{ OREMUSSANCTUS}, which would not want me to reign over them, bring them, and [size=17pt]slay[/size] them before me.

Muslims..lol..aways looking for the moral equivalence for Mohammeds blood thirst in the quran. ..here let me explain that verse..

LUKE 19-27
King James Version (KJV)
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Here my friend you didn't quote the context. Christ was telling a parable (story with a deeper meaning). Its called, "the parable of the Gold coins" and it starts from Luke 19 verse 11 to 27 .

Now you will run to quote some the old testament verses..

The old testament contains ancient passages that was recorded when God was setting up and giving Laws to his people the Jews over several thousands of years ago before Christ. In the mist of chaos, anarchy and rebellion, before the coming of Christ who came and created our new and improved relationship with his father over 2000years ago..
Yet we have seen genocides by atheists far worse than human imagination can fathom in the last century. And slaughter of christans, yadizis and Kurds by sunni Muslims in the tens of thousands this year.

[size=38pt]now go drink camel urine tola9ja, Mohammed says so[/size]

Drinking Camel’s Urine will make you healthy according to the false prophet. ...

Volume 1, Book 4, Number 234:
Narrated Abu Qilaba:
Anas said, "Some people of 'Ukl or 'Uraina tribe came to Medina and its
climate did not suit them. So the Prophet ordered them to go to the
herd of (Milch) camels and to drink their milk and urine (as a medicine).
So they went as directed and after they became healthy, they killed the
shepherd of the Prophet and drove away all the camels. The news
reached the Prophet early in the morning and he sent (men) in their
pursuit and they were captured and brought at noon. He then ordered
to cut their hands and feet (and it was done), and their eyes were
branded with heated pieces of iron, They were put in 'Al-Harra' and
when they asked for water, no water was given to them." Abu Qilaba
said, " Those people committed theft and murder, became infidels after
embracing Islam and fought against Allah and His Apostle ."
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 22, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Thanks for sharing... I have a challenge... I find it difficult to forgive... I am working on it.
na so. People will also find it difficult to forgive u. See mouth like I have a challenge. So u never sin before? Mumu
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:15am On Feb 22, 2015
milychocs:

Hi...people are really different
I am soo forgiving it is almost a disease!

So bad that if I feel someone is sorry, or trying to make amends...they wouldnt even say so.. and I am making life very easy for them, I even become apologetic and say sorry for something too cheesy
Very bad
Sappy me

You are a One in a million person.
I will strive to be more like you.

Op, thanks for sharing. This one hit home

2 Likes

Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 22, 2015
Sharksblow:

does that mean you have to do the same? why then are we talking about forgiveness?
Take a chill pill.
The dude I quoted is my friend off Nairaland -- you can check my followers.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by tola9ja: 9:03am On Feb 22, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Muslims..lol..aways looking for the moral equivalence for Mohammeds blood thirst in the quran. ..here let me explain that verse..

LUKE 19-27
King James Version (KJV)
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Here my friend you didn't quote the context. Christ was telling a parable (story with a deeper meaning). Its called, "the parable of the Gold coins" and it starts from Luke 19 verse 11 to 27 .

Now you will run to quote some the old testament verses..

The old testament contains ancient passages that was recorded when God was setting up and giving Laws to his people the Jews over several thousands of years ago before Christ. In the mist of chaos, anarchy and rebellion, before the coming of Christ who came and created our new and improved relationship with his father over 2000years ago..
Yet we have seen genocides by atheists far worse than human imagination can fathom in the last century. And slaughter of christans, yadizis and Kurds by sunni Muslims in the tens of thousands this year.

[size=38pt]now go drink camel urine tola9ja, Mohammed says so[/size]

Drinking Camel’s Urine will make you healthy according to the false prophet. ...

Narrated Abu Qilaba:

this one nnko

Matthew 10:34Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Not Peace, but a Sword

34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Sharksblow(m): 9:07am On Feb 22, 2015
FrancisTony:

Take a chill pill.
The dude I quoted is my friend off Nairaland -- you can check my followers.
am not quarrelling, just saying what I know. I think the topic should be to educate us, not just for fun
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by loomer: 9:14am On Feb 22, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Thanks for sharing... I have a challenge... I find it difficult to forgive... I am working on it.

I BELIEVE YOU DO FORGIVE, BUT MAYBE U FIND IT DIFFICULT TO FORGET.

IF YOU DON'T FORGIVE, CLOSE TO HALF OF NIGERIA'S POPULATION FOR BE UR ENEMY.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by SkinnyDude(m): 9:20am On Feb 22, 2015
slap1:
And you'll live with bitterness for as long as they are away? Think about it, you have a heavier weight in your heart than they probably do.
anytime i remember what they did to my mum, my heart bleeds. because i wasn't with my mum the D-day. they beat my mum. though my Coz and i have fought them. but am still not satisfied. i want to see their blood flowing. even if it will take me 20years, am waiting. if eventually i didnt suceed, their children are there. i will pass it on them.
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Revolva(m): 10:07am On Feb 22, 2015
Forgive who? Bro e get some people wey no good to forgive..rather to shake dem n retaliate revenge full force and don't pity dem.....rick. rosss God forgives...I Dont
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by Empiree: 10:17am On Feb 22, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Narrated Abu Qilaba:
Answer:
The scientific facts about some animals' urine:

A comment from sister Nicole Woods, an American young sister who embraced Islam; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with her: "I just wanted to share the news with you that in products such as tylenol or asparine (not sure which but u can check the labels), there is an ingredient called PREMARIN. Biology majors here tell me that the name stands for PREgnant MARe urIN. Of course, no one would put unprocessed urine into medication... i'm sure it's boiled or pasteurized or something. But the ingredient is used very much in the way the prophet (peace be upon him) suggested using camel urine.. such as for headaches. oh, well, i'm sure to you it sounds disgusting... think of it next time u reach for tylenol or asparine *wink*"

Further from a Muslimah, who works in the Medical field as a Mammographer; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with her: "Estrogen product called PREMARIN is given to postmenopausal Women. This PREMARIN is extracted from HORSE URINE. The Estrogen product is hormones given to women."

Further from brother Abu Adam on my Message Board; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him:

"Here is another miracle in the Hadeeth. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in a hadeeth told someone to drink camel's urine as a medical treatment.

Of course the ignorant Christians love to mock this hadeeth. Even I, thought this was a strange hadeeth. But look, in America, they have been driking horse urine for a long time as a cure.

Just like the Quran says, 41:53: "Soon will We show them our Signs in the (furthest) regions (of the earth), and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth. Is it not enough that thy Lord doth witness all things?"

Further from brother Abdul Hafiz; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him.

The Prophet prescribing Camel Urine as medicine:

First of all, let us clarify the reason and story behind the prescription. Some people had become very ill at the time of the prophet, and were suffering from an unknown illness. Their bellies had swollen and they were not in a fit state. Hence, the prophet said to them, that they would find a cure in the milk and urine of a camel and so he sent them out to an area where camels were grazing. These men went to this area and drank the milk and urine. Sure enough, just like the Prophet said, they were cured and became fit and healthy.

However, at the same time, evil thoughts entered their minds and they decided they wanted the camels for themselves. They therefore killed the owner, and made off with the camels. When news of the murder reached the prophet, he sent an envoy to capture the men, and when they were captured and brought before the prophet, capital punishment was meted out to them.

Having read this story, what do we conclude from it? The answering islam team would have us believe that this Hadith means that drinking camel urine is permissible in Islam. This is INCORRECT. The real meaning of this Hadith is that if a person needs to consume an impure and impermissible substance as a cure for an illness, and no other reasonable alternative is available, then it is permissible. In all other circumstances, camel urine is prohibited.

Wassalaam

http://www.answering-christianity.com/urine.htm
Re: 5 Facts About Forgiveness by generalissimo(m): 10:19am On Feb 22, 2015
FrancisTony:

Source -- FrancisTony
Pls help clarify this situation. I readily forgive people who offend me but it's not possible they offend me in the same or similar way again cos I will never leave any chance for such situation to repeat itself. It's almost impossible to betray me twice cos I will forgive u for betraying me in the first place but u've lost my trust forever. The second betrayal wont be a betrayal per se cos I wouldnt have trusted the person in the instance. I have peace of mind cos I'm not bitter about anyone who have offended me, who I'm seeking revenge or hurt against . Most of the time, we may be in talking terms but I put them at arms length subconsciously even after forgetting and forgiving them. I wanna ask: is this the kinda Forgiveness the bible preaches?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is The Son Of God And The Son Of Man To The Grail Message. / Princewill Iheme: Only Igbo President Will Save Nigeria / Is It Right To Pray After Fornication?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.