Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone (3164 Views)

After A Long Job Hunt, Can You Allow Your Spouse Work Under His/her Ex (boss)? / Can You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? / Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by MistarT(m): 10:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
Pls guys i need your candid opinions, is it okay if my wife works under someone (male boss) you know all the official trips can instigate feelings between them, and infidelity might creep in.
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by delishpot: 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hiannn! Men oooo. The way una dey go about this ownership thing ehn, if dem give some men chance, dem go sew their wives nyansh with thread and needle then use super glue top it off.
OP, if you know the type of wife you have, you should make your decision based on that.
Besides, you will find it annoying if she asks you to leave a job because your boss is a pretty single lady ba?
Anyhoe, you know the kind woman you marry sha, so you can base your decision on that knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
Don't you trust your wife?

What is it that she wants? Should you not support her in the realization of her goals and dreams?
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by Ewuro4: 10:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
delishpot:
Hiannn! Men oooo. The way una dey go about this ownership thing ehn, if dem give some men chance, dem go sew their wives nyansh with thread and needle then use super glue top it off.
OP, if you know the type of wife you have, you should make your decision based on that.
Besides, you will find it annoying if she asks you to leave a job because your boss is a pretty single lady ba?
Anyhoe, you know the kind woman you marry sha, so you can base your decision on that knowledge.

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by MistarT(m): 11:22pm On Feb 21, 2015
Delishpot it's not that easy, you know women love attention and affection, what if chemistry comes in and she begins to get carried away??

2 Likes

Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by MistarT(m): 11:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
carefreewannabe:
Don't you trust your wife?

What is it that she wants? Should you not support her in the realization of her goals and dreams?
trust is not the issue, she might be strong but not for long you know, your username contradicts ur post, u talking sense however, why carefreewannabe are u getting touchy, is it hubby?? hope home is good
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
MistarT:
trust is not the issue, she might be strong but not for long you know, your username contradicts ur post, u talking sense however, why carefreewannabe are u getting touchy, is it hubby?? hope home is good

If you believe that she is not able to stay strong in the long run then you don't trust her.

I am not touchy, home is good.
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by Richy4(m): 11:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
it's not as if she was working "under" him. what is the big deal. most female bosses worked under someone before they became bosses.

once she is graduate, she most work under someone before she come a top shot. except if she got parent who was waiting to make her MD. or she wants to open her own business.
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by MistarT(m): 11:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
carefreewannabe:

If you believe that she is not able to stay strong in the long run then you don't trust her.

I am not touchy, home is good.
why u making me feel bad like i don't trust my baby or something?. Sleep great, u r defending her already.
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by MistarT(m): 11:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
Richy4:
it's not as if she was working "under" him. what is the big deal. most female bosses worked under someone before they became bosses.

once she is graduate, she most work under someone before she come a top shot. except if she got parent who was waiting to make her MD. or she wants to open her own business.

Richy bigups Man, no big deal?? wow good i needed this anyway, i hope it's truly no big deal.
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by OnyeEgo1(m): 12:06am On Feb 22, 2015
Sincerely i need my wife to independent n self sufficient n i hope to realize that but if it turns out to b its her choice n decision to work under a male boss be it single or married....

Without much ado i won't hesitate to let her be whilst supporting her tho
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by MistarT(m): 12:24am On Feb 22, 2015
OnyeEgo1:
Sincerely i need my wife to be independent n self sufficient n i hope to realize that but if it turns out to b its her choice n decision to work under a male boss be it single or married....

Without much ado i won't hesitate to let her be whilst supporting her tho
Onye you seem to totally trust her, not minding aftermaths of events @ work it's nice of you really.
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by OnyeEgo1(m): 1:06am On Feb 22, 2015
MistarT:
Onye you seem to totally trust her, not minding aftermaths of events @ work it's nice of you really.

there are better things begging for my time, i mean relevant things...

I bet u ish like dis isn't one of dem

1 Like

Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by cococandy(f): 7:46am On Feb 22, 2015
Work under somebody?

What does that even mean?

Would rather she work on top of somebody? cheesy

Everybody has a boss. Even Obama.
She gotta start somewhere man.

Since you're already expecting her to be unfaithful, anything she does henceforth that has to do with work will make you raise questions.

Any extra hours she's asked to work will lead to quarrels in your household.
And she will always be put on the defensive by you

Such pressure embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 22, 2015
Allowing ur wife to work under somebody.
What a commanding and autocratic voice!

Maybe the wife should not allow the husband to work under somebody too.

When they said people should become adults in mind b4 getting married,they'll think that it's d butterfly in d stomach that makes marriage stand d taste of time.

Let me ask also"will u allow ur female daughter to have a male teacher?"

Iberibe kweshion.

4 Likes

Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 22, 2015
MistarT:
why u making me feel bad like i don't trust my baby or something?. Sleep great, u r defending her already.

I am sorry, I really didn't mean to make you feel bad. I just wanted you to answer some questions.

I believe that you are worried and that you are afraid of losing her and I understand it. The question is why you are worried. I believe you have trust issues. You don't believe that your wife will be strong enough and faithful in the long run.

There is no guarantee in life. We only have the choice between trust and no trust. If you choose to not trust her, you will end up controlling her and I am not sure you want this kind of a relationship / marriage, do you?
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by chibic(m): 11:46am On Feb 22, 2015
Honestly mehn,with the way majority male bosses have gone randy,most men will be scared if their wives have a male boss.especially when both goes on a trip that will keep them away,together for a long time.the man,without his wife may start try his luck and only a woman with self control will resist.some women also has a thing for their bosses too.in real life,I've witnessed it a lot-bosses sleeping with peoples fiancess/wives.
@0P
I don't think their's anything you can do here.you just need to support her.what will be will be.

1 Like

Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by MistarT(m): 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
chibic:
Honestly mehn,with the way majority male bosses have gone randy,most men will be scared if their wives have a male boss.especially when both goes on a trip that will keep them away,together for a long time.the man,without his wife may start try his luck and only a woman with self control will resist.some women also has a thing for their bosses too.in real life,I've witnessed it a lot-bosses sleeping with peoples fiancess/wives.
@0P
I don't think their's anything you can do here.you just need to support her.what will be will be.
Chibic that is the thing most of the ladies commenting are not talking from the male standpoint well anyways we'll just keep praying and hoping fidelity is upholded.
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by MistarT(m): 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
cococandy:
Work under somebody?

What does that even mean?

Would rather she work on top of somebody? cheesy

Everybody has a boss. Even Obama.
She gotta start somewhere man.

Since you're already expecting her to be unfaithful, anything she does henceforth that has to do with work will make you raise questions.

Any extra hours she's asked to work will lead to quarrels in your household.
And she will always be put on the defensive by you

Such pressure embarassed
Coco can you be strong as not to get swayed by your boss?
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by cococandy(f): 4:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
MistarT:
Coco can you be strong as not to get swayed by your boss?

You mean swayed into the bedroom? grin
Yes. I can be strong enough not to let him manipulate me into bed.

I will only go there if i'm sexually attracted to him.
But then I'll be honest enough not to blame the fact that he's my boss for the decision I made.

At my age,the only way a man can get me unwillingly into his bed is rape

In The other scenarios,I always have a choice.

1 Like

Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by MistarT(m): 6:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
cococandy:

But then I'll be honest enough not to blame the fact that he's my boss for the decision I made.

Coco Ahh!!!.. you're not permitted to be sekszualli attracted to anyone save hubby oo, u see the reason why a soul inferno has to be avoided??
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by MistarT(m): 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
moca:
Allowing ur wife to work under somebody.
What a commanding and autocratic voice!

Maybe the wife should not allow the husband to work under somebody too.

When they said people should become adults in mind b4 getting married,they'll think that it's d butterfly in d stomach that makes marriage stand d taste of time.

Let me ask also"will u allow ur female daughter to have a male teacher?"

Iberibe kweshion.
try to understand women don't have the tenacity to be emotionally stiff majority of our ladies in this information age love adventure, i ain't trynna be bossy buh i wanna keep baby away from issues.
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
You just have to trust your wife and give her the benefit of a doubt whenever she is out of town with him...we all know when two ppl of the opp sex get too fund of each other things can get out hand no matter how descent and trustworthy she might be...na just God but if you are not comfortable with it you could discuss another arrangement with her cos it would be wrong to pull her out and leave her jobless na that one even worse pass.
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by MistarT(m): 6:44pm On Feb 22, 2015
runnazz:
You just have to trust your wife and give her the benefit of a doubt whenever she is out of town with him...we all know when two ppl of the opp sex get too fund of each other things can get out hand no matter how descent and trustworthy she might be...na just God but if you are not comfortable with it you could discuss another arrangement with her cos it would be wrong to pull her out and leave her jobless na that one even worse pass.
Nice, now this view is from a man, he's saying it without sentiments thanks.
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
[quote author=MistarT post=30981778] Nice, now this view is from a man, he's saying it without sentiments thanks.[/quote

You welcome bro
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by cococandy(f): 7:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
MistarT:
Coco Ahh!!!.. you're not permitted to be sekszualli attracted to anyone save hubby oo, u see the reason why a soul inferno has to be avoided??
that is the whole point.

If she can get attracted to her boss,she can get attracted to any other person.

How many men are you going to keep her away from?

So what if she wants to get back to school for a post grad program? You will worry she might fall for her fellow post grad students or a handsome lecturer?

What about business where she meets all people from all walks of life?

Hmm that's the worry of a lifetime.

3 Likes

Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by chibic(m): 8:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
cococandy:

you know women will always make strong claims that they'll never behave in a particular way or do something which they'll still eventually succumb to when they face the temptation.
If you don't want a woman to stray,just don't expose her to situations/environments where she'll be tempted/influenced to.Their emotions makes it difficult for them not to yield in this kind of situation.

You even said "unless you are sexually attracted to him"..don't you think its possible you can have a boss you feel sexually attracted to? And OP's wife may also be sexually attracted to her boss.who knows?

Truth is-women normally develope a strong emotional connection with a man they spends a lot time together with.that's why you have office romance everywhere.I know that ALL women loves to have a male boss.now imagine spending most of her hours with the same man,travelling and taking trips together and visiting places with him.hehehe..the man may not be thinking that way but the woman surely will have some feelings for him.the only hitch is how to express it cos they are not good at that.unless the boss is the type who doesn't respect peoples marriage.he'll make a move and the woman will fall immediately.and it will even be easier if the boss is a very good and caring man.
Forget o! I'm very close to some married women and I care about them a lot and some of them are already misunderstanding the whole thing.some will call to ask me why I haven't called them since morning..imagine? I'm even starting to slow down before I'll divert a woman's heart away from her husband.

@0P
One thing I know is that 80% men will NEVER touch another man's wife.but if her boss is that type,you are in trouble already because their closeness will make it easier for him.just pray he's not that type and your wife will be safe.
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by chibic(m): 8:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
cococandy:

So what if she wants to get back to school for a post grad program? You will worry she might fall for her fellow post grad students or a handsome lecturer?

hehehe this is another one.honestly,its better she enrolls into a school in the same city where hubby lives so she can go from home.apart from that,anything is possible.
My experience in uni days thaught me about the risk in marrying and leaving your wife in a school in another city.in my own lodge sef,a married lady rented a 70k per year self con for her boyfriend.all na hubby money who was in another state.married women in my department,stories too much jare.maybe because they missed sex etc.whatever though,its risky.
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by cococandy(f): 8:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
chibic:
you know women will always make strong claims that they'll never behave in a particular way or do something which they'll still eventually succumb to when they face the temptation.

anybody can succumb to temptations. Man or woman.

If you don't want a woman to stray,just don't expose her to situations/environments where she'll be tempted/influenced to.Their emotions makes it difficult for them not to yield in this kind of situation.

.and men resist temptations easily? This is a new one. I thought the general consensus was that men have a harder time resisting sexual advances from the opposite sex.

You even said "unless you are sexually attracted to him"..don't you think its possible you can have a boss you feel sexually attracted to? And OP's wife may also be sexually attracted to her boss.who knows?

?yes. Same way she can be attracted to any other man. The only way she can avoid meeting and interacting with men is to stay indoors all day.

Truth is-women normally develope a strong emotional connection with a man they spends a lot time together with.that's why you have office romance everywhere.I know that ALL women loves to have a male boss.now imagine spending most of her hours with the same man,travelling and taking trips together and visiting places with him.hehehe..the man may not be thinking that way but the woman surely will have some feelings for him

such fallacy

.the only hitch is how to express it cos they are not good at that.unless the boss is the type who doesn't respect peoples marriage.he'll make a move and the woman will fall immediately.and it will even be easier if the boss is a very good and caring man.
Forget o! I'm very close to some married women and I care about them a lot and some of them are already misunderstanding the whole thing.some will call to ask me why I haven't called them since morning..imagine? I'm even starting to slow down before I'll divert a woman's heart away from her husband.
@0P
One thing I know is that 80% men will NEVER touch another man's wife.but if her boss is that type,you are in trouble already because their closeness will make it easier for him.just pray he's not that type and your wife will be safe.

in summary you're saying women have less self control than men. Ok I hear you grin.

1 Like

Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by Amhappy(f): 9:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
OP if you wife is God fearing and pricipled, then you have nothing to fear. Also make sure you play your part as a husband. Visit her office once in a while and dont leave without greeting her boss. Let your presence be known whether you are rich or not. If you wife is also the type that uses 'my husband said' in discussions,it will discourage the man more. I have a randy boss and from day one i made up my mind that any day he tries anything unprofessional with me,i will leave. And so far,he has behaved well.
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 23, 2015
chibic:

Truth is-women normally develope a strong emotional connection with a man they spends a lot time together with.that's why you have office romance everywhere.I know that ALL women loves to have a male boss.now imagine spending most of her hours with the same man,travelling and taking trips together and visiting places with him.hehehe..the man may not be thinking that way but the woman surely will have some feelings for him.the only hitch is how to express it cos they are not good at that.unless the boss is the type who doesn't respect peoples marriage.he'll make a move and the woman will fall immediately.and it will even be easier if the boss is a very good and caring man.

@0P

Hmmmmm!
Re: Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone by MistarT(m): 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2015
Amhappy:
OP if you wife is God fearing and pricipled, then you have nothing to fear. Also make sure you play your part as a husband. Visit her office once in a while and dont leave without greeting her boss. Let your presence be known whether you are rich or not. If you wife is also the type that uses 'my husband said' in discussions,it will discourage the man more. I have a randy boss and from day one i made up my mind that any day he tries anything unprofessional with me,i will leave. And so far,he has behaved well.
wow really helpful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

~ Housekeeping:Share Tips On Chores You Enjoy Doing! ~ / Happy Children's Day Celebration! / I Am Sooo Confused... Where Is This Really Heading To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.