Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You (3029 Views)

A Lady's Response To A Guy Who Sent Her A Pic Of His Genitals / After A 3some With Her I Am Falling For Her!!! Advice Needed / Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Tvaddict: 2:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
It is a miserable feeling when you invest your time and emotions into someone and remain unsure of where you stand.

When a girl has to question how a guy feels, the answer is most likely along the lines of, “He likes you, but probably not enough.”

It lingers in the backs of their minds: He can say so many sweet things, be so open with us, and yet, he cannot give us what we want, which is usually a committed relationship.

Of course, there are possible explanations to justify his behavior: Maybe he is under a lot of pressure at work; maybe he was hurt by an ex; maybe he is terrified of commitment. He likes you enough, but he is afraid of your extreme enthusiasm, persistence and clinginess.

He wants something deeper than a physical relationship, but at the same time, he enjoys playing the field.

Despite all of the possible reasons, if a guy says he does not want to be in a relationship, he means it. Surely, he cares about you, enjoys his time with you and does like you. But, it’s simply not enough.

Maybe he is incapable of liking someone past a certain point. Maybe he just likes to have control over his own emotions.

Most women will see this as a reflection of themselves. They think if only they did more for him, or if only they were prettier, the result would be different.

The sad truth, however, is nothing you do or say will change the way he feels. To make it your problem will only cause unnecessary hurt.
It is understandably hard to remove yourself from the situation after you have invested so much time and energy; it’s hard to accept things as they are. You will focus on what you want to hear and disregard all the red flags because you want the relationship to go somewhere.

You will cling to the slight glimpse of hope. You will rationalize reasons to stay in this ambiguous relationship.

However, you will only end up hurt; you’ll be left standing there, trying to figure out how a woman like you could ignore so many blatant red flags and why this person let someone like you go. You feel like he took something from you and left a void you’ll now have to fill.

He took advantage of you. He knew you were invested, and he never stopped you.

What makes it even worse is he was never on the same page as you. He made it safe for you to feel vulnerable with him; you thought he understood where you were coming from. You are stuck in a situation where you are driven to uncover the truth.

Instead of grasping something you desire so much, set reasonable goals. If he does not call you back, it is probably for your own good.
We want to soothe ourselves and to believe we are loved, despite all the external evidence that points to otherwise. We feel like we have compromised our values, which is absolutely devastating.

Though the ideal solution is still up in the air, at least we know where the problem is. There is no quick fix.

But, you should come to realize it was not you — it was him. If he likes you, and I mean really likes you, it will be obvious because he will make the effort. If the absence of the obvious is prolonged, there you have it.

Culled from http://www.stobmedia.com/the-pain-of-falling-for-a-guy-who-only-kinda-likes-you/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Cutehector(m): 2:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
This reminds me of the movie "He is not just into you"
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by penzino(m): 2:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
A friend of mine suffering from this.
She is very depressed at the moment
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:10pm On Feb 22, 2015
What if the case is the other way round
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by illswift(m): 2:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
OP is this what u going thru?
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
Then you have to stop "falling in love with the guy"and then start to "fall out of love with the guy" as simple and as difficult as that....

4 Likes

Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by richielan: 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
I'm making $86 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $95 but I see how it works now.
I feel so much freedom now that I'm my own boss. This is what I do,
cashbay20.comONLY
do not include "ONLY"
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
Wow, like the OP had me in mind b4 putting up tis piece...nice

@wakacome: Noted!
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Omolola1(f): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
Whew

Poster just defined me
I find it hard to commit undecided
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Mprex(f): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ladies are very emotional. Its our natural make up. We really have to learn to put a lid on our emotions. Stop falling in and out of love randomlysad
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by cutieberie1(f): 4:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
so painful....
especially if d person was hurt by an ex or incapable of likin someone past a certain point..
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
richielan:
I'm making $86 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $95 but I see how it works now.
I feel so much freedom now that I'm my own boss. This is what I do,
cashbay20.comONLY
do not include "ONLY"
Then you should have become a billionaire by now...keep fooling yourself grin

2 Likes

Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
Mprex:
Ladies are very emotional. Its our natural make up. We really have to learn to put a lid on our emotions. Stop falling in and out of love randomlysad
The funny thing is that what many people sometimes think is "love"is not actually love but it is "lust"....grin
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Mprex(f): 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
wakacome:
The funny thing is that what many people sometimes think is "love"is not actually love but it is "lust"....grin
the thing tire me sef
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by ShirelleBaby: 9:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
wakacome:
Then you have to stop "falling in love with the guy"and then start to "fall out of love with the guy" as simple and as difficult as that....

Exactly...I might like a guy soo much but once I see I am not getting the response I need--i forget him as fast as I fell for him and ONTO THE NEXT ONE
cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
We girls always want what we can't have, that's why you find us screaming at d'banj's concerts.
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
ShirelleBaby:

Exactly...I might like a guy soo much but once I see I am not getting the response I need--i forget him as fast as I fell for him and ONTO THE NEXT ONE
cheesy

So that means you still love me??grin grin
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by ShirelleBaby: 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
wakacome:
So that means you still love me??grin grin
you that have refused to forget nkirukacheesy
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Missmossy(f): 10:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
Eeyah how pathetic.
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
ShirelleBaby:
you that have refused to forget nkirukacheesy
It is you I want to marry joor,will you marry me??cheesy
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by ShirelleBaby: 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
wakacome:

shey na only u WAKACOME?
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
ShirelleBaby:

shey na only u WAKACOME?
Yes ooo.
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by LewisO: 10:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
What's pain? At least he still likes her, what of the pain a guy falling for a girl that dis-like him? undecided
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Samiceman: 10:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ehya... Take heart dear

Better days just ahead
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Samiceman: 10:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
wakacome:
This na new thing ooo

Online proposals... If she say yes, how u go take give her the ring?
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
Samiceman:
This na new thing ooo

Online proposals... If she say yes, how u go take give her the ring?
Through the moderators..grin grin
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by MzCorleone(f): 11:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
Its embarrassing as well
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Samyj247: 11:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
penzino:
A friend of mine suffering from this.
She is very depressed at the moment
Jst tel her that d guy myt b her true love o, she shld hv patience nd if possible make a move.
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by mirexxx(f): 12:30am On Feb 23, 2015
OK i stopped falling for guys 2yrs ago
doesn't pay bills wink
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by khassy(m): 1:59am On Feb 23, 2015
na so e d pain reach ?
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 23, 2015
mirexxx:
OK i stopped falling for guys 2yrs ago
doesn't pay bills wink
You mean you stopped falling for their pocket 2yrs ago after you discovered they were not paying the bills??grin
Re: The Pain Of Falling For A Guy Who Only ‘kinda’ Likes You by mirexxx(f): 8:47am On Feb 23, 2015
wakacome:
You mean you stopped falling for their pocket 2yrs ago after you discovered they were not paying the bills??grin
idiooottt!
that's d word!! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's Scrutinize This Maxim "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat" / Why Dont i Really Like Girls? / She Sneezes Whenever She Cooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.