Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not (17478 Views)

5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score / With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission / Esut College Of Medicine Students Asked To Vacate Hostel, Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by shakrullah(m): 5:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
I applied for medicine in ABU and when their admission list came out my name was nowhere to be found. now I am doing ijmb in ABU,Kabba, Kogi State. I dont know what happened but it just came to my mind to check my admission status again this afternoon. so I checked and saw that I have been offered admission to study agriculture.
I am so confused right now because my people are all advising me to go for the course. apart from that I will do jamb again this year and am also doing ijmb. so I dont really know which decision to make.
guys I really need your advice.
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
guy, don't relent, i looked for admission three times, and i did not get the course of my choice, law. am a law student now nearing graduation.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
Bro , do not go .. If it was something related like MLS of pharmacy would have been another case.. stick with ijmb and ace jamb 2015 .. Do not accept the admission if you know your dropping it within 7 months .. its a big set back .. focus on jamb/post jamb 2015

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by shakrullah(m): 5:59pm On Feb 22, 2015
thanks @ebig22 and jephri
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Emypresh(m): 6:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ask google

1 Like

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
shakrullah:
I applied for medicine in ABU and when their admission list came out my name was nowhere to be found. now I am doing ijmb in ABU,Kabba, Kogi State. I dont know what happened but it just came to my mind to check my admission status again this afternoon. so I checked and saw that I have been offered admission to study agriculture.
I am so confused right now because my people are all advising me to go for the course. apart from that I will do jamb again this year and am also doing ijmb. so I dont really know which decision to make. guys I really need your advice.

Go for it, organization like UN, USAID and other numerous International NGO are looking forward to employ people like you, I will advice that while studying try involve yourself with volunteer/development work to gain experience before you graduate which you can use to enrich your cv, thanks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by juniormusa(m): 6:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
Guy go for it oh...many ppl are looking for admission and are not opportune...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Nutase: 7:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
half bread they say is...........

3 Likes

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Thegiva(m): 7:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
Bro, stick with your Medicine #TeamNoRelenting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by shakrullah(m): 8:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
Thegiva:
Bro, stick with your Medicine #TeamNoRelenting
Thanks man. your signature is my motivator
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by shakrullah(m): 8:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
juniormusa:
Guy go for it oh...many ppl are looking for admission and are not opportune...
noted
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by vaniesexy: 10:51pm On Feb 22, 2015
my dear information is wat u need,if u didn't offer agric in waec,d will change ur course to another, go and verify ur course n u will be rejected,even if u did agric remove it from ur waec or u can buy change of course n change it
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Thegiva(m): 11:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
shakrullah:

Thanks man. your signature is my motivator

That is the spirit bro!
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by adonisNEW(m): 3:32am On Feb 23, 2015
Go for it. It happened to me also in Uniport (2005), now am a crop scientist, happy and doing great.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by cycline404(m): 11:14am On Feb 23, 2015
Shai, Nigerian Schools diverting peoples career since year 0001BC
I will rather study what i like doing best, than to study what i don't have any passion for!

6 Likes

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Beehshorp(m): 11:14am On Feb 23, 2015
Minister of agriculture is doing a good job so I think farming won't be bad bro

4 Likes

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 23, 2015
shakrullah, I'll advise that you enrol for that course in the interim while you apply for medicine next year. It's best to be in a school environment than to sit down at home doing nothing.

plus what assurance do you have that you'll get medicine next year? You may not get medicine, so what do you do then? Stay at home for another one year? That'll be two wasted years, when you would have been nearing graduation in Agric Science.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by itetemi: 11:14am On Feb 23, 2015
my brother go, you can never know what the future holds.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Soft10(m): 11:15am On Feb 23, 2015
Go
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by MizMyColi(f): 11:15am On Feb 23, 2015
Yes you can.
Take it as a learning opportunity, no knowledge is wasted.

While at it, you can re-apply.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Sarimah(f): 11:15am On Feb 23, 2015
manage the one u see oh

admission is very hard to get these days...u can still write jamb if u want

1 Like

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by UnknownT: 11:15am On Feb 23, 2015
You saw a thread on FP on saturday where Jonathan was accused of setting up a FARMLAND with $500million, why didn't he setup a hospital? Its up to you to decide lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by lordsharks(m): 11:15am On Feb 23, 2015
Its better he starts
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by yahx(m): 11:15am On Feb 23, 2015
shakrullah:
I am so confused right now because my people are all advising me to go for the course. apart from that I will do jamb again this year and am also doing ijmb. so I dont really know which decision to make.
guys I really need your advice.
goodluck study presidentcy abi na politics no he didn't na zoology hm read but na gej ebi now
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by teribliery: 11:15am On Feb 23, 2015
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by lordsharks(m): 11:17am On Feb 23, 2015
MizMyColi:
Yes you can.
Take it as a learning opportunity, no knowledge is wasted.
While at it, you can re-apply.

Nice 1
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by meshacha1: 11:17am On Feb 23, 2015
Do you think every graduate got their dream course?
How long do you want to keep staying at home waiting for medicine course?
You just gatz to move on! Enter school first, see how they operate and study hard to get the best, maybe your CGPA may help you in change of course.
But if it be the will of God that you remain were you are then that God will provide a good job for you when you are done.

Shikena. ...hit like if you agree

7 Likes

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by gen2briz(m): 11:17am On Feb 23, 2015
Go for it...
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by GBAGAAUN(m): 11:17am On Feb 23, 2015
If they no allow u study ur medicine just go to ur village and study agbo ni. U can fit to graduating as herbalist ni. Medicine is medicine o
Oloshi

2 Likes

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:17am On Feb 23, 2015
The society (including our African parents) will say : Go for agric. no be wetin U read U go use work. Admission no easy to see nowadays. opportunity comes but once. U fit no see another admission again. Ur mates are already in school.

I will say: ignore the agric. read a course U plan to work in line with. Just imagine Ben Carson studying agric, He would have been miserable. live Ur dreams. ignore Ur freaking mates cos its not a race.

The big decision is Urs to make Bro.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Maczeelly(m): 11:17am On Feb 23, 2015
Follow your dream guy.........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through / University Of Abuja Ex-Students Protest Over Statement Of Results (Video) / Okorocha Slashes Tuition Fee For Non-imo Students By 50%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.