Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,409 members, 7,812,212 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not (17399 Views)

5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score / With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission / Esut College Of Medicine Students Asked To Vacate Hostel, Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by modskiller(m): 11:17am On Feb 23, 2015
@op brb
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by lordsharks(m): 11:17am On Feb 23, 2015
Pass Jamb With Ease
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by AmaechiLinus(m): 11:18am On Feb 23, 2015
I will advice u afta bn confered wit d Hons. SAN.
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Truckpusher(m): 11:19am On Feb 23, 2015
shakrullah:
I applied for medicine in ABU and when their admission list came out my name was nowhere to be found. now I am doing ijmb in ABU,Kabba, Kogi State. I dont know what happened but it just came to my mind to check my admission status again this afternoon. so I checked and saw that I have been offered admission to study agriculture.
I am so confused right now because my people are all advising me to go for the course. apart from that I will do jamb again this year and am also doing ijmb. so I dont really know which decision to make.
guys I really need your advice.
Don't study what you never wanted to do in this life else you'll remain a miserable man for the rest of your life.
Experience talking.
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 23, 2015
don't listen to people, get on ur knees ask God for direction after that follow ur mind if u listen to people here I pity u,##gej till eternity

1 Like

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by spanzed(m): 11:19am On Feb 23, 2015
MizMyColi:
Yes you can.
Take it as a learning opportunity, no knowledge is wasted.

While at it, you can re-apply.
well said
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by blaQie(m): 11:20am On Feb 23, 2015
HONESTLY, its a two way thing...If studying medcine is your dream DO NOT LET IT BE DIVERTED,work harder and see that you get it, thats what dreams are for in the first place , to achieve them and not to run away from them. Face it head-on...I'm a graduate of agriculture, though my childhood choice of discipline was architecturing. So either way whether medcine or not just get an outstanding result and know what you want to do with the result. GOODLUCK

1 Like

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by lilmagambo(f): 11:22am On Feb 23, 2015
Guy go 4 it oh coz dey r many ppl out looking 4 d opportunity u av gotten & au r u sure dy ll give u d same course wen u wrote d jamb
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 23, 2015
Well op I'd say choice, passion vs opportunity.

If medicine is what you'd like to study go 4 it cos it's ur passion n choice. Opportunity knocks once. I bet there are lots of people looking to be an agriculturist but here it is 4 u on a platter.

I know people who didn't even study agriculture and did white collar job but today they want to invest in agriculture. I personally know of someone who wanted acres of land 4 cattle rearing and farming. He's well educated and looking to help others by creating jobs for them.
It could be A blessing in disguise.
Agriculture is a bonus 4 u.

In the future you don't have to look 4 a job or get worried. You become ur own boss, u answer to no one, u work when u feel like it, it gives u opportunity to get ur hands in many things.
All you need is money, good piece of land , knowledge and business ideas.

I marvel when I see those people growing lettuce, spring onions n co on that lagos ibadan expressway.

If medicine is really ur passion go 4 it. Maybe after studying agriculture or see if u can run 2 programs simultaneously.
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by jayque2: 11:29am On Feb 23, 2015
in my opinion, plz dnt go and study wat u dnt wanna do in sch jst cos u r tired of being @home. instead write anoda jamb n while u r waiting to gain admission n study medicine, take up intern @hospital or volunteer @health organization. its beta to do wat u want dn spend tym doing wats irrelevant
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:31am On Feb 23, 2015
jephri:
Bro , do not go .. If it was something related like MLS of pharmacy would have been another case.. stick with ijmb and ace jamb 2015 .. Do not accept the admission if you know your dropping it within 7 months .. its a big set back .. focus on jamb/post jamb 2015
bad advice, this same advice blocked me frm geting admission till after 7years. I leter grap undesire course when my mates were being mobilised for NYSC. @op agric is the best for you just go now b4 registration close!

1 Like

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by OLUOMO80: 11:31am On Feb 23, 2015
People that studied Agriculture are not common in Nigeria and the country is seriously on a plan to diversify the economy. You may not know God's plan for you. Pray about it and let Him lead you. A friend of mind was supposed to study Medicine in Unilorin but was given Geology, his dad advised him to take that course. Eventually, he graduated with a First Class in Geology and now doing wonderfully well. So, God's plan might be different from yours. I would say you should take the Agric. and try to be the best. There are reasons for everything.

1 Like

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Eneze1(f): 11:31am On Feb 23, 2015
There are opportunites everywhere, google the present IFAD President by name Kanayo Nwanze he was supposed to study medicine in UI but was offered admission to study Agriculture, today he is the President of International Fund for Agriculture Development. Pray and let the spirit leads you
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 23, 2015
You can reject the admission and risk not getting admitted after re applying or you can accept the admission and embrace the course and come to love it. Another factor to be considered is your financial background.
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by PucciGuru(m): 11:34am On Feb 23, 2015
shakrullah:
I applied for medicine in ABU and when their admission list came out my name was nowhere to be found. now I am doing ijmb in ABU,Kabba, Kogi State. I dont know what happened but it just came to my mind to check my admission status again this afternoon. so I checked and saw that I have been offered admission to study agriculture.
I am so confused right now because my people are all advising me to go for the course. apart from that I will do jamb again this year and am also doing ijmb. so I dont really know which decision to make.

The current minister of agric applied for Medicine in OAU but was given agric...now he's know as the agric revolutionist all over the world....The ball is in your court if you want to stay in office and treat patients or you wanna be self employed and free all your life. My 2cents.
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by grailzzzz: 11:36am On Feb 23, 2015
Waoh!! Oh boy see comment. Thanks to itetemi. God bless u. Lemme give u a nugget on this, choose between fortune or a jobseeker. If we all knew what future hold, maybe we would have been serious with my hands not wit our pen. Be self dependent.

God bless all sharp thinkers.
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 23, 2015
Eneze1:
There are opportunites everywhere, google the present IFAD President by name Kanayo Nwanze he was supposed to study medicine in UI but was offered admission to study Agriculture, today he is the President of International Fund for Agriculture Development. Pray and let the spirit leads you

I totally agree! I just believe if he's not lazy n very optimistic he would make it tru agriculture. And once he's well to do he can delve into other areas. Even oil n gas.
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 23, 2015
Bro.go for it and keep writing Jamb.If u are destined for it you will get it.
Thegiva:
Bro, stick with your Medicine #TeamNoRelenting
Stick till when?
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by druid06(m): 11:40am On Feb 23, 2015
Getting admission into any university in Nigeria offering medicine is usually difficult, time consuming and stressful all in all.

You might have to take your jamb exams several times with extremely high-scores before any reasonable university would invite you to partake in their post-jamb examination which is usually hogwash considering the fact that most candidates accepted are those that water and bribe their way into full time admission.

I'd advice you to accept to study Agriculture which has been offered to you on a platter than spend wasteful years and funds trying to study medicine. I understand your reason for wanting to study medicine but truth be told, the glamour and zeal has been stripped away from medicine long time ago.

The current situation of the country has been redefined and you don't need to study a course with a high job prospect to be successful and so I'd advice you to accept their offer to study Agriculture which also has a high future prospectus and is vast.

1 Like

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 23, 2015
Hahaha, this how it starts.
4 yrs later, this same OP will start tongue lashing doctors..... doctors are this and that.
We all knew how it played out here on NL during NMA strike.
I will implore u to try one more time but if it didnt work out, take ir in good faith.

1 Like

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by tellwisdom: 11:41am On Feb 23, 2015
Obasanjo is a farmer...Are you aware??
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by supaslim(m): 11:41am On Feb 23, 2015
adonisNEW:
Go for it. It happened to me also in Uniport (2005), now am a crop scientist, happy and doing great.
go for it dude! Agriculture is the IN thing now oo! Same happened to me too and now am a proud SOIL SCIENTIST in uniben!!! Instant employment for u!!! Great agriculturist!!! Self employed things!!!

1 Like

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 23, 2015
Face ur IJMB studies squarely, it will be of good benefit to you when u later get to the university. I also did IJMB and had to do JAMB 3 times b4 I was given electrical engineering. pls follow ur dream
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Kk4(m): 11:45am On Feb 23, 2015
A friend's younger sis was offered Agric instead of Medicine that she applied for. She later graduated with 1st class now she is employed as a graduate assist. with the dept.. Remember that every disappointment is a blessing.

But if your mind is set at been a Doctor, biko by all means study medicine. God Bless you

1 Like

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Rapsodee(m): 11:45am On Feb 23, 2015
kritikali:

I swear to God almghty, u don't have sense.
lolz..he no get an atom of sense! angry
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by MDelgado(m): 11:49am On Feb 23, 2015
Ebig22:
guy, don't relent, i looked for admission three times, and i did not get the course of my choice, law. am a law student now nearing graduation.

Op,If you don't want the admission please give it to me..
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 23, 2015
PucciGuru:

The current minister of agric applied for Medicine in OAU but was given agric...now he's know as the agric revolutionist all over the world....The ball is in your court if you want to stay in office and treat patients or you wanna be self employed and free all your life. My 2cents.
But you can't use just one random person to give the OP advice. The example you gave is rare.
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by Deapexboy(m): 11:51am On Feb 23, 2015
Dey said destiny can b delay b can't deny...but nigeria universties will delay and deny u of ur destiny..

Op find out GOD plan for u

ALL god plans are gud plan bt not all gud plans are GOD plans...

1 Like

Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by LaPink: 11:51am On Feb 23, 2015
Pray to God for direction. That's wat i did in a Similar issue.
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by BizBloke(m): 11:51am On Feb 23, 2015
MiCarino:
shakrullah, I'll advise that you enrol for that course in the interim while you apply for medicine next year. It's best to be in a school environment than to sit down at home doing nothing.

pls what assurance do you have that you'll get medicine next year? You may not get medicine, so what do you do then? Stay at home for another one year? That'll be two wasted years, when you would have been nearing graduation in Agric Science.

Seconded.
Re: I Am Offered Admission To Study Agric Instead Of Medicine.should I Go Or Not by ndubueze92(m): 11:52am On Feb 23, 2015
shakrullah:
well don't no how to convince u but d future of Nigeria lies in d hands of Agriculture and Tourism thank God am in d later. Economic monopoly of oil is failing,so the choice is urs to make but... if its ur dream u cud wait for so many years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Brief Success Story At The University / Strike: FG, ASUU Meet Today. / After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.