Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) (17255 Views)

Mo Abudu Suspected To Be Amaechi's Girlfriend - Lere Olayinka (photos) / Buhari Interviewed By CNN's Christine Amanpour (Watch Full Video) / Sanusi Interviewed By Peace Hyde: 'Nobody Who Touched Diezani Survived' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
MORNDEW:

ar u accepting my humble offer? or as usual wants to divert my attention? So i shud continue wit this directionless govt? If u dnt hv d courage, pls kip ur meaninless question.
Bro I get ur point, buh who wud u convince me to vote for?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by openmine(m): 7:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

It pains me when some of you folks who claim to be intelligent end up proving the opposite.
If your system & style of fight against corruption which unfortunately is championed by Buhari is right and fool-proof; why do we still have armed robbers & kidnappers even with all the jail terms and executions

Why not Google great and noble countries like New Zealand to see how their country runs; which curtails corruption to barest minimum. Technology as championed GEJ is simply their little secret. GEJ is for prevention while Buhari is for cure. And we all know that; "prevention is better than cure". Stop the crime from even taking place at all, not mere media drama in the name of fighting corruption...

Strong institutions not strong individuals bro, gets the job done. Forget all these your Adolf Hitler cult-like following of buhari.

Get informed before criticising or maintain some dignified silence bro...
SUBERB!!! cool cool
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by dannex(m): 7:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
obibankz:
Unstoppable GEJ, CLICK LIKE FOR GEJ, SHARE FOR BUHARI
walahi GEJ is finished. U can see for ursef or make I bring glasses. #match28onmymind. Wey my pvc

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by agabaI23(m): 7:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

It pains me when some of you folks who claim to be intelligent end up proving the opposite.
If your system & style of fight against corruption which unfortunately is championed by Buhari is right and fool-proof; why do we still have armed robbers & kidnappers even with all the jail terms and executions

Why not Google great and noble countries like New Zealand to see how their country runs; which curtails corruption to barest minimum. Technology as championed GEJ is simply their little secret. GEJ is for prevention while Buhari is for cure. And we all know that; "prevention is better than cure". Stop the crime from even taking place at all, not mere media drama in the name of fighting corruption...

Strong institutions not strong individuals bro, gets the job done. Forget all these your Adolf Hitler cult-like following of buhari.

Get informed before criticising or maintain some dignified silence bro...
Your head dey there bro. You said it as it is. Well done
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by MORNDEW(m): 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
crixtex:

Bro I get ur point, buh who wud u convince me to vote for?
i asked for a debate to convince me to vote Jonathan. Ar u accepting or not? Stop asking me irelevant questions.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by kaboninc(m): 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
dustydee:

Did I claim to be "intelligent"? I was just stating the obvious. New Zealand that you referred to punishes offenders and that acts as a deterrent to others who may be contemplating crime. For the avoidance of doubt, deterrence means "prevention". Let me give you an example, having speed cameras alone on highways does not stop people from over speeding but people are cautious because when they over speed, they expect a ticket or fine with pictures delivered to their address.

Now, how many crimes have been solved with the Abuja CCTV? It was installed as a means of using technology to prevent crime but Boko Haram has carried out at least two bombings in areas in Abuja that I am sure has CCTV cameras and we are yet to see footage of the bombings or the vehicles that carried out the bombings. If the same Nigerian government that implemented these ideas is the same that will carryout the electronic anti corruption measures, I don't think it is out of place to point out the potential loopholes/failings of the system. And the question is while we wait for the full implementation of the system, should we allow the rogues to continue roaming the streets and enjoying their ill gotten wealth?
Guy, reason with me and leave politics aside for a while.

I think you should read your own comment and not muddle things up.

For effective result, you should pursue PREVENTIVE STRATEGIES than allow a problem to fester and then providing a cure. You may be overwhelmed with the problem at hand after it has occurred. Every responsible manager pursues preventive strategies and does all they can possibly do to avoid problems.

I can give you two examples.

As a bank manager, you do not just go and start giving people loans even when they have verifiable collateral. What's most important is the business for which the loan will be applied. And businesses have a viability measure. That's where Risk Management comes in.

Two. You can have a stock of perishable foods in your store house. The rats will definitely love to come around for free lunch. You can kill as many as you want. But if an 'imported' rats comes into that same store, it'll do the same thing. So to you, what will be your solution? For me, I'll ensure my barn is well PROTECTED. This is where strengthening institutions comes in.

That's the reason why killing mosquitoes will neither end nor reduce malaria spread. But taking preventing measures like avoiding stagnant water, keeping your environment clean, etc will PREVENT the spread of malaria. If mosquitoes don't have a place to breed, malaria won't have the opportunity to spread.

Coming to CCTV installation and speed trackers, the idea is not to 'prevent' crimes or high speed racing but actually to catch these law breakers. Like the trap and poison would do to the rats in my example above.

Then to Government's effort at preventing corruption, the use of technology like you said is playing an excellent role. Thieves are attracted to something that has value. In this case money. You keep a thief and money together, you know the consequences. Bring all the thieves together and use one as a scapegoat. Then put these thieves and the money together and see what will happen. Like rats, they will steal.

A thief always believes that he can always find a new way of stealing without being caught. Technology is like the wall.

Have you also noted that 'curing' a disease do come with some side effects?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
dustydee:

Did I claim to be "intelligent"? I was just stating the obvious. New Zealand that you referred to punishes offenders and that acts as a deterrent to others who may be contemplating crime. For the avoidance of doubt, deterrence means "prevention". Let me give you an example, having speed cameras alone on highways does not stop people from over speeding but people are cautious because when they over speed, they expect a ticket or fine with pictures delivered to their address.

Now, how many crimes have been solved with the Abuja CCTV? It was installed as a means of using technology to prevent crime but Boko Haram has carried out at least two bombings in areas in Abuja that I am sure has CCTV cameras and we are yet to see footage of the bombings or the vehicles that carried out the bombings. If the same Nigerian government that implemented these ideas is the same that will carryout the electronic anti corruption measures, I don't think it is out of place to point out the potential loopholes/failings of the system. And the question is while we wait for the full implementation of the system, should we allow the rogues to continue roaming the streets and enjoying their ill gotten wealth?
Guy, reason with me and leave politics aside for a while.

Bro, From your own example, the speed camera is a preventive measure which is part of what GEJ is preaching. It stops the "majority" from the crime. While the punishment therein will now help to check the recalcitrant "few" who may still fail to obey.

You; buhari and APC has no NEW IDEA in the fight against corruption. You're telling us that you will jail corrupt officials. This your technique is not only archaic but inefficient as has been proven right in the fight against armed robbers and kidnappers.

What do we do now? We have to go with GEJ who has a novel idea that tends to run a "cashless government". Wherein the corrupt government official doesn't see any money at all talk more of the one he will steal or loot. This is classical case of crime prevention. Being proactive like GEJ not reactive like buhari. We're in digital age bro not analogue. This is the more reason why buhari can't rule now. Nigeria is far beyond his thinking faculty now.

Finally, we are in democracy now not military. GEJ is executive which is different from judiciary and legislature. Anybody from Atiku, Jagaban, Mbadinuju, Saraki, FFk etc remains free, innocent & true citizen until proven otherwise by court of competent jurisdiction. You don't expect GEJ to send EFCC after anyone the media or APC tags corrupt or to jail them...

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
kaboninc:

I think you should read your own comment and not muddle things up.

For effective result, you should pursue PREVENTIVE STRATEGIES than allow a problem to fester and then providing a cure. You may be overwhelmed with the problem at hand after it has occurred. Every responsible manager pursues preventive strategies and does all they can possibly do to avoid problems.

I can give you two examples.

As a bank manager, you do not just go and start giving people loans even when they have verifiable collateral. What's most important is the business for which the loan will be applied. And businesses have a viability measure. That's where Risk Management comes in.

Two. You can have a stock of perishable foods in your store house. The rats will definitely love to come around for free lunch. You can kill as many as you want. But if an 'imported' rats comes into that same store, it'll do the same thing. So to you, what will be your solution? For me, I'll ensure my barn is well PROTECTED. This is where strengthening institutions comes in.

That's the reason why killing mosquitoes will neither end nor reduce malaria spread. But taking preventing measures like avoiding stagnant water, keeping your environment clean, etc will PREVENT the spread of malaria. If mosquitoes don't have a place to breed, malaria won't have the opportunity to spread.

Coming to CCTV installation and speed trackers, the idea is not to 'prevent' crimes or high speed racing but actually to catch these law breakers. Like the trap and poison would do to the rats in my example above.

Then to Government's effort at preventing corruption, the use of technology like you said is playing an excellent role. Thieves are attracted to something that has value. In this case money. You keep a thief and money together, you know the consequences. Bring all the thieves together and use one as a scapegoat. Then put these thieves and the money together and see what will happen. Like rats, they will steal.

A thief always believes that he can always find a new way of stealing without being caught. Technology is like the wall.

Have you also noted that 'curing' a disease do come with some side effects?

God bless
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by gorkypark(m): 9:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
Anyone who watched this a fortnight back will know that this interview was paid for in orchestration of the PDP-led propaganda for re election. Dude is a dull man with Abudu just done spreading thighs and cleaning up for this session.

Hoe of Babylon meets Dumbness of ages

#bleh

GMB/PYO make this happen, for God and Country
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by Spydamannn(m): 1:23am On Feb 24, 2015
gorkypark:
Anyone who watched this a fortnight back will know that this interview was paid for in orchestration of the PDP-led propaganda for re election. Dude is a dull man with Abudu just done spreading thighs and cleaning up for this session.

Hoe of Babylon meets Dumbness of ages

#bleh

GMB/PYO make this happen, for God and Country
k
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 24, 2015
MORNDEW:

i asked for a debate to convince me to vote Jonathan. Ar u accepting or not? Stop asking me irelevant questions.
Before I debate with u.. I ve to know who ur candidate is. If u cant say who ur candidate is... Au revoir...
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by skup008(m): 9:13am On Feb 24, 2015
ican2020:

Step up your job, please.

thanks....plus your advise and would be highly welcome.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by tunlex01(m): 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2015
Seun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KSULB07aY0
Hi Seun,
Is there a way we can have a "read later" button on a particular topic. This will also be included on the top icon list where we have 'edit profile', followed topics etc. for us to be able to track/read a particular topic later. I will apreciate a response from you.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by Seun(m): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2015
tunlex01:
read later button
Follow the topic
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) by tunlex01(m): 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
Seun:
Follow the topic
In a case where i have over 100 followed topics and i need to re-read a topic later which i cant remember the topic name or details, what do I do? This will take much time trying to scroll through all my followed topics knowing fully well that I have over a 100 active followed topic

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Should Speak On $48m, Nigerians Doubting His Corruption War – SERAP / nPDP Members Set To Pull Out Of APC Over Failed Congresses, Others / Kano Election Was 'Democratic', Those Who Are Unhappy Should Accept - Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.